Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Zombasite Demo
7. Re: Zombasite Demo Mar 24, 2016, 10:16 ZeroPike1

It looks like a wanna be Diablo type game with a zombie survival theme tossed on top to try to bring in viewers or complainer's. Not much different then Diablo actually, even story wise. Diablo is set in the same type of "surrounded by all things evil" plots.

I mean watch the gameplay video itself, its so nothing to do with Zombies its kinda laughable they would name it this. I'm not impressed at all, and I even looked at the video and screens + reading about it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Mar 21, 2016, 04:40 ZeroPike1

In a country where people die at there PC's playing games... We might see this as Government knee-jerking reaction that would make the US look like the good guys(which is harder to do now then ever).

As he said below its enough of a national problem that it requires rules like this. Wait until fingerprint tech is required to scan people for buying beer in the US.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 21, 2016, 04:37 ZeroPike1

Its a real legit concern. If the US get's apple to crack the phone the easy way. Whats to stop another government? And how far will the government go? from Russia cracking down on opposition parties to South African and Russia now, hunting gays where ever they hide?

Its crazy, but unlocking one door unlocks it for the rest and the rest have very different forms of "government threats" then just terrorism.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 17, 2016, 13:08 ZeroPike1

"Players want free content without realising the impact
of their actions on the entire games industry."

I read the article, but this quote is great. There trying to shame us into turning off ad-blocker's now? F-off.. man.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 16, 2016, 14:46 ZeroPike1

Ad-blockers are effectively condoms of the internet era. When your wandering the net keep it on. When you have a trusted site, you might take it off, but its still super important to consider leaving it on.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 15, 2016, 16:58 ZeroPike1

similarities were "unequivocal".

I dunno, typing Lacey Jonas into the GTA wiki shows she is just a generalization of crappy kids raised on being famous for not much. If Lindsay takes that as a punch to her pride maybe she should act differently?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 15, 2016, 16:32 ZeroPike1

I like how he talks like its revolutionary or something. That kind of player count has been around on PC for ages, from mmo's to shooters.

According to Ybarra, we aren't even close to how high he'd like party numbers to reach. "It was 8 six months ago, then we went to 12, now weíre at 16," he says. "Iíd love to get that to 64 because thatíll get Battlefield and games like that which do 64 vs. 64Öhave at it! Now, I donít want to be in a party of 64, but thatís a different problem! [Laughs]"

For shooters of course, its a bit old but there was
Each Joint Operations server at Novaworld has the potential to hold up to 150 players
-taken from the wiki for it.

I dunno sitting, in games where 8 vs 8 was the height of amazing, I guess even knowing that TF2 can do 16vs16 must have been mind blowing. On PC we have been doing this multiplayer thing for a long time, and were more then capable of playing with large teams. IE: EVE online 400+member space fleets in coms. It'll work.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 15, 2016, 09:26 ZeroPike1

Its all about a little word called precedent.

meaning: an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.

They get this one unlocked in this way for them, they will do it again and again for big and small events.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 15, 2016, 09:23 ZeroPike1

EULA's are exactly that however. you are committing yourself to not have total rights and or freedom with a product.

Even the cellphone I have here has limitations I agreed too.

And they love the Arbitration idea. One of the most bullying style of legal systems useable in the US legal system.

News Comments > System Shock Remastered Footage
16. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 09:19 ZeroPike1

That sound design is amazing so far. Graphics could use some more work/polish. Otherwise, looking very sweet so far.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $110M
30. Re: Star Citizen Passes $110M Mar 14, 2016, 15:12 ZeroPike1

Mordhaus wrote on Mar 14, 2016, 11:15:
As many white collar criminals have shown, you can't rouse a government agency out of bed for less than a few hundred million.

Except for the IRS, those fuckers will hunt you down over a dime.

Even having left the US I'm still afraid of the IRS, so this is real life truth.

This games' kickstarter still going is scary.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 13, 2016, 14:23 ZeroPike1

First they beat a man at chess, then they beat a Chinese person at Go. Next the AI storms the Capital's of the world with Deadly Disneyland Animatronic's and massive lumbering automobile manufacturing machines!

Madness I tell you! madness!

News Comments > SteamVR Desktop Theater Testing
2. Re: SteamVR Desktop Theater Testing Mar 13, 2016, 14:18 ZeroPike1

And I cannot wait to endlessly update my Steam every day again as they patch this stuff on the fly. Even though I lack a VR system.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2016, 13:53 ZeroPike1

That was the best part of not working overnights anymore was dealing with the long and tiring daylight savings days. Working overnight was screwy with that, sometimes they forced you to work an hour for free. some times they let you go home early. I truly hate it.

But my first year without daylight savings affecting my work, its way better.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
13. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 13, 2016, 04:26 ZeroPike1

A majority is still red. Including the famed Bible belt, which is hardcore red. That's about as Midwest as you can get. Is there exceptions? sure. But that giant section of red running down the middle cannot be escaped.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Mar 12, 2016, 16:11 ZeroPike1

I dunno I deal with some annoying aspects of mass transit here in Germany already. Like rush hour trains getting only 2 passenger cars, and you cannot even fit people on it, it even has more stops.

And wait 20mins later and a 4 passenger car train arrives and its under a quarter full. And its been like that for longer then I've been alive and it never changes. You would think, ohh more people? need more cars? nope.

Why try to run simulations and crap to see when you need more trains or bus routes? Just actually have the planners ride them for an average week back and fourth. Stuff would change real quick then I'm sure.

News Comments > Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Beta; Video
4. Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Beta; Video Mar 12, 2016, 15:12 ZeroPike1

The Space aspect of the Warhammer universe is so under developed game wise, there could be alot more like this game to come.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 12, 2016, 12:35 ZeroPike1

The only problem with using Skylines as a city planner for mass transit. Is how the citizens will wait nearly forever for a bus to arrive, and traffic unless modded, auto reset's itself after 30sec when it is stuck in traffic.

I know Swedish people are generally chilled and relaxed. I doubt they would wait longer then 20-30mins at a bus stop before calling there city planners office and yelling at them. And doubtful they teleport there cars back to there homes and try the journey again after 30sec of not moving in traffic.

Unless they just used it as a glorified 3d map maker without having to do actual work in some other design program.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 12, 2016, 12:31 ZeroPike1

We elect these guys too. County Sheriffs. They can ride Democratic tickets or Republican tickets as well. Some countries do not allow political influence in there justice system, the US does. Why? honestly its dumb as hell.  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Mar 12, 2016, 09:08 ZeroPike1

JJ Abrams films work if you:

A: In your mind shut off the idea of what the movie is supposed to be like based on past/source material. IE: Star Trek, Transformer's

B: Realize everyone but the main Character is nothing more then background scenery with voice lines.

C: Endless expanse shots, always film in panoramic views. It keeps the monkeys awake at the test screening. So when it gets to real theaters, audiences stay awake, in there seats and ignore the 1 dimensional Characters.

Ending lens-flares on screen will not solve his problems at all. I vote he does not make movies at all ether.

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo