Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shawn1981

Real Name Shawn1981   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ZeroPike1
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description had an account here, named Zerocougar. My avatar was a creeper face with an N7 logo. Since I cannot really recover it I made a new one.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 2, 2015, 14:02
Total Comments 431 (Amateur)
User ID 58207

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Painkiller and Painkiller: Battle out of Hell No Longer on German Index
10. Re: Painkiller and Painkiller: Battle out of Hell No Longer on German Index Nov 11, 2017, 11:57 ZeroPike1

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 16:56:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 15:16:
Alot of uninformed here, Its blocked by default on the store page country wide. Based off a user's preference, IE telling steam I'm in Germany blocks content.
Isn't it a little more in depth than just telling steam your location, because if that was the case than it would be easy to circumvent.

I would think it would at least be by ip (internet protocol).
My steam profile says I'm from Timor-Leste

I could not give you details as to the how or why. I know my US account can see games for sale a German based account cannot. While physically being on the same router in Germany for several years.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 10, 2017, 15:57 ZeroPike1

The Humvee is just automatically connected to the US military. Just like M4's, and the Abrams tanks.

Do the makers of Abrams tanks get upset when their designs end up in games?

Am general is probably just mad cause only a few Rich countries want to buy that gas guzzling thing and has limited world wide appeal military wise anymore as its outdated. So the CEO takes Activision to court for royalties to pay for enough money to buy his new house somewhere.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Specs
21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Specs Nov 10, 2017, 15:41 ZeroPike1

This game shows you do not need Anti-Cheats. You just take a Hero and smash the enemy team anyway. And you can just crush people with your wallet by buying loot boxes. Why bother with Anti-cheat when your selling the cheats?  

News Comments > etc.
2. tax credit Nov 10, 2017, 15:27 ZeroPike1

Having lived near Albany, and closer to Troy, having a game studio in the area would be amazing. And totally out of place in that area of New York.

But as John Oliver has exposed, doing Tax incentives is basically a waste of time and money and does not work. Wish it would.

News Comments > Painkiller and Painkiller: Battle out of Hell No Longer on German Index
5. Re: Painkiller and Painkiller: Battle out of Hell No Longer on German Index Nov 10, 2017, 15:19 ZeroPike1

Rigs wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 15:16:
BPjM = Federal Department for Media Harmful to Young Persons?

Uh, nope, try again. Where's the 'F'?! There's no 'B' in that word...like at all! And where the hell did the lowercase 'j' come from?!? (maybe to sybolize 'junior' as in, 'under age'?)

I never understood German as a language. I think the French language is ugly and the German language is not far behind. (No offense to Germans or French, btw, just my personal opinion)

=-Rigs-=

In German its Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien. Which they translated rather directly into readable English in their news post. Your not wrong its weird section of letters but its just how they have it.

4. Re: Painkiller and Painkiller: Battle out of Hell No Longer on German Index Nov 10, 2017, 15:16 ZeroPike1

Alot of uninformed here, Its blocked by default on the store page country wide. Based off a user's preference, IE telling steam I'm in Germany blocks content.

And having shopped here they Retail games ALL the time. You can easily buy normal Steam PC games on Disc's here. And they WILL ask for ID at the checkout. Weather they are full legit or not I do not know. But they have small publisher's here that will print discs and boxes for Steam based PC games.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
25. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 5, 2017, 02:46 ZeroPike1

DangerDog wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 15:30:
meanwhile crooked Hillary is confirmed crooked.

thank you donna brazile for confirming what everyone with a brain already knew.

Well that proves it then Donny T is a saint? Get outta here with that crap. Seriously.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 5, 2017, 02:43 ZeroPike1

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 13:26:

To clarify hurt the business or not, helping the employees is another question.

Its hardly a question, look at the voice actors strike recently, as an example. The US government can cut the corporate tax rate to zero. It does not matter, the trickle down effect is a proven lie. No matter how many idiots try to defend it or try it.

Its just going to be more corp greed. The normal person will have to pay for these cuts, somebody ALWAYS pays! Is it Joe Average(IE: a Game dev. or person working on a game) with no say in government or the company? or the higher ups in business that bring home more then $100,000 a year? In case you are not aware Joe Average is forgotten garbage in terms of anybody in this Government-Administration or corporations giving a crap about improving their lives.

News Comments > Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction
21. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 18, 2017, 03:30 ZeroPike1

Everything is not, Multiplayer match making and loot boxes and monitizing players. Whales and Dolphins logic.

I know the new Star Wars Battlefront 2 is crap. Its slightly better crap then Battlefront 1 was. And much like Battlefield 1 it will have a single player story that mainly serves to drive people into trying/playing Multiplayer modes. Thus getting loot boxes, thus finding the gamblers who spend money on loot boxes. Thus finding the whales to keep paying the company money for them doing nothing more to enhance the game.

There is always a market for Single Player games. And I am in that market. Even if the future of this stuff is like Shadow of Mordor and Assassins Creed's micro-transactions/Pre-order culture crap. I will use my wallet to vote for the game with less bullshit.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 25, 2017, 03:29 ZeroPike1

HURRAY!! More reasons to dread flying! Thank you TSA and your endless Bull, making something simple into a nightmare.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 19, 2017, 10:28 ZeroPike1

Nice, Truly Government run Internet. Protecting people from harming themselves.

I doubt there idea would fly if they were staying in the EU. But since they think they can stand on there own, they get to make crazy unchecked laws like that. With out EU ground rules to keep them in check. Hope that Dumb idea of Brexit was worth it, Brits! Cause your future is going to be more of that.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2017, 12:31 ZeroPike1

Not that it has anything to do with the topic at hand. But since I've flown into Germany multiple times, and flown back to the US multiple times. I can see why nobody could like entering the US. Security is annoyingly long and bad. The lines for non citizens were backed up across the large room.

I fly into Germany, show my passport, say I'm there for pleasure, they stamp my Passport and off I go. No bullshit. No TSA. Its like a dream world where things actually work. I was always happy knowing when I flew into Germany from an 7 hour overnight I can effectively just walk out to the people I was visiting. And flying back to the US even as a US citizen I dreaded having to deal with Police state like TSA, and that stupid ass paper they make people fill out... F'in stupid US bull. it does not work and nobody cares. F that form

4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2017, 14:48 ZeroPike1

jdreyer wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 13:59:
Russian man gets longest-ever US hacking sentence, 27 years in prison.

And yet people convicted of manslaughter routinely get half that.

Human life is getting cheaper by the day. But if you get your tractor fixed with third party parts, or hack into digital systems your life is over.

News Comments > Into the Black
42. Re: Into the Black Apr 12, 2017, 04:06 ZeroPike1

Kxmode wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 19:07:
At the risk of injecting civility into the discussion (because it looks some are foaming at the mouth; looking at you Agent-Zero). I think we're talking past each other. It would be good to establish some facts so that going forward we can at least discuss this on about the same level. Here's my response:

Did the Airline do the moral thing? [ ] Yes [ X ] No [ ] Maybe

Do U.S. Citizens have civil rights on a plane? [ ] Yes [ X ] No [ ] Maybe

Do U.S. Citizens have consumer rights on a plane? [ X ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Maybe

When U.S. Citizens purchase airline tickets, do they enter into a private agreement with the carrier? [ X ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Maybe

Does the airline have the ability to revoke or modify a ticket for any reason? [ X ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Maybe (A person entering into a business transaction with each carrier follows a contract. For United Airlines they have 30 rules)

Can the police request and then remove by force any non-compliant person? [ X ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Maybe

Do you live in a shitty country then? [X]Yes [X] Yes [X] Yes

Bearing in mind I'm super pro-consumer rights... Yeah you come across looking like the worst thing in the world to me.

36. Re: Into the Black Apr 11, 2017, 11:21 ZeroPike1

I'm still impressed that United has public defenders. Have you flown on United?

Have you sat in seats in which if the plane were to catch fire you are certainly dead as there is no spare room to move? To even get out of the plane in a timely fashion?

Have you sat there and had dirty came with the seat headphones plugged into a broken sound jack that you had to manually hold in to hear the movies sound?

Have you ever had to deal with United customer service giving you only some stupid excuse instead of your money back? "well its our money now so we will give you a minor coupon for something later"

You go to probably any other country aside from outright authoritarian ones, this kind of thing would result in people being fired. In the US though they are being patted on the backs for this whole stunt. Man the US has really fallen hasn't it? Just not a single pro-consumer left to be found.

20. Re: Into the Black Apr 10, 2017, 23:51 ZeroPike1

Kxmode wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 23:36:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 22:49:
Kxmode, if you are not being sarcastic; no, you still have civil rights on board an airplane. The rule of law is not suspended because it's a 'private business.' Assault is still assault.

Emotion and not logic are driving the majority reaction to this situation. People forget that there are no civil rights when you're dealing with a business transaction, just like there are no civil rights when you order a Big Mac from McDonald's. The airlines, while under the jurisdiction of the TSA, FAA, and NTSB, are private businesses. Please don't confuse public civil rights with private companies. Also, resisting the orders of a police officer can result in a felony or misdemeanor depending on the state. It is no less different than a person resisting arrest. Being seated on an airplane is completely irrelevant.

OK fair enough, if you buy a pizza at a grocery store and get told to leave the store for no reason but you were randomly selected to get tossed. Then you would not complain if they smash your head into something while they drag you out by force? You better NOT complain, because you are justifying there actions and saying its somehow ok.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 7, 2017, 12:59 ZeroPike1

From an outside the US perspective the fact you let Corporations decide whats best for you at all times including you own privacy is so laughable.

If it takes states to set up rules then so be it. That is the power Conservatives always drool over. So why not start using it against them sometimes...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 7, 2017, 12:55 ZeroPike1

This one man, is the epitome of exactly how the government should not interact with the American Internet market.

Roll back rules, roll back competition. Trust companies to keep your best interests at heart at all times... Whatever Ajit Pai is smoking keep it far away from everything else.

2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 25, 2017, 16:04 ZeroPike1

I was dodging this tax a long time ago. Never reported anything I bought online. When I made a big purchase over $900 I went to see how to actually file to pay it. They wanted receipts, and then I had to do my own math on what I owed and had to file 2 extra forms. I made less then $20K a year so I just said screw it and never filed.

They put an automatic system in on the company side for that crap I'm ok with it. I wanna pay my taxes, but when its so complex and stupid? I will not bother if I know I can get away with it. Hell as the article mentions most people do not even realize its there to begin with. So Ignorance is bliss.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Mar 19, 2017, 16:00 ZeroPike1

Libertarian in a game, sure that kinda goes hand in hand with the idea of the game. To an extent I suppose.

But when you apply what I in a video game to real life that is where my support of the ideals stop. Libertarians are selfishness incarnate. Borderline pirates with out outright killing people on the street. Unless of course you bring up Libertarian paradises like Somalia...

Does my Liberal political choices change based on a Libertarian game style? God no... I'm not stupid. geez.

431 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo