Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for G.oZ

Real Name G.oZ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 30, 2015, 23:34
Total Comments 25 (Suspect)
User ID 58205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues
18. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 10:35 G.oZ

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 09:40:

Uhh... It was mostly a joke, nerd. Calm your little boi titties. I wish this site had a "jokingly says" flag like Videosift.

I will say, though, that it's gonna take a lot for AMD to pull ahead and offer real competition to nVidia the way ATi did.

Well usually one might put the /s tag.

It also Poe's Law coming into effect. I've seen similar sentiment elsewhere dismissing AMD by Intel fans (or trolls).

Also FYI I have big manly titties. Was nerd meant to be an insult?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues
8. Re: Destiny 2 Ryzen 3700x Issues Jul 9, 2019, 05:20 G.oZ

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 9, 2019, 02:44:
This is why AMD is the cheaper option. They save money by not hiring QA engineers.

So based on this single instance of a game problem, you are certain it is an AMD hardware QA issue and not, perchance, something in the destiny 2 code?

'cause, you know, ryzen 3000 series reviews everywhere, people benchmarking stress testing everywhere and nary a peep about incompatibility issues with common productivity software and standard gaming benchmarks.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support
29. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 12, 2019, 22:43 G.oZ

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 20:52:
how light behaves in a crowded urban environment

It bounces off a pizza carrying rat and refracts thru the wings of a dead cockroach.
Anyone ever been to a crowded urban environment. Not a lot of clean shiny surfaces for reflections. Wink

I was contemplating this and remembered the X-Files episode "soft light" - where the main-plot character always tries to put himself in as complicated a multi-light source environment to avoid distinct shadows. Creating soft, diffuse shadows.

Crowded urban environments are much more complicated for lighting than shiny reflective rooms with a single light source.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support
19. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 12, 2019, 11:47 G.oZ

Ozmodan wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 08:47:
Woohoo, another stupid developer adds the ray tracing gimmick.

Not a gimmick, a rendering technique for lighting scenes that computer hardware is in its infancy generating real time. That does improve the graphics realism.

When Cyberpunk 2077 comes out there will probably be a new nVidia card with 30-40% (or more) perf on the 2080Ti. If I wait until 2021, it might be close to double. Perhaps they will implement more/better RT cores as well that improve performance gains even more. Perhaps AMD or even Intel will have something in a couple years.

10 years time, full scene RTRT will be standard and old titles will be quaint with their rasterization tricks. "OMG all those artist work hours just to generate semi-realistic lighting for each scene - god I'm glad i wasn't working back then."

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
6. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jun 9, 2019, 20:10 G.oZ

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 9, 2019, 19:18:

Saturated with devices, children today might grow up to see navigation from memory or a paper map as anachronistic as rote memorization or typewriting.

practicing navigation is a powerful form of engagement with the environment that can inspire a greater sense of stewardship. Finding our way on our own using perception, empirical observation and problem-solving skills forces us to attune ourselves to the world.

Is it something important anyone really needs to worry about? It is definitely a life skill to be able to get around without constant computerised directions.

I have seen anecdotes about people from younger generations somewhat amazed &/or perplexed at an older person being able to look at a street directory and then navigate.

Even if using navigation, I will still want to look at a map to get a general sense of where I'm going beforehand. I'll still sometimes navigate by on-screen map in the car instead of putting in an actual address for assisted navigation.

News Comments > Path of Exile Melee Change Plans
6. Re: Path of Exile Melee Change Plans Apr 16, 2019, 09:19 G.oZ

The players have been, if not crying out for it, lamenting the state of melee .... this needs to happen as melee has languished behind all other builds recently, and has a much higher "entry cost" to end-game play.  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Mar 29, 2019, 02:26 G.oZ

Cutter wrote on Mar 28, 2019, 13:25:
They're holding MS up as a beacon of what to do? Hahahahahahahahaha!

No, they're saying that if digital game streaming becomes a thing, Microsoft has an advantage as with XBoX and PC it already holds a vast library of digital game IP.

FYI - Cloud services make up ~ 1/3 of revenue for Microsoft.

For many competitive games, i can't see cloud streaming being a thing unless they break the laws of physics. Light itself takes over 25ms return trip NY to LA ... without network processing overheads. Current best are just under 70ms. Add video/game processing on top, assuming perfect sync .... Perhaps if you had distributed cloud streaming & processing, like say a GPU in every terminal, that would help.

News Comments > NVIDIA Ending 3D Vision Support
26. Re: NVIDIA Ending 3D Vision Support Mar 11, 2019, 05:58 G.oZ

Razumen wrote on Mar 10, 2019, 23:54:

I think G.oz was being sarcastic, but if not...

Yep. I should have used the /s tag or something.

News Comments > NVIDIA Ending 3D Vision Support
5. Re: NVIDIA Ending 3D Vision Support Mar 10, 2019, 19:46 G.oZ

aka_STEVE wrote on Mar 10, 2019, 19:01:
Maybe by next-gen they can drop ray-tracing & all will be well...let's get back to doing something that makes games run & look good.

Maybe movie studios will stop ray tracing CGI & 3D animation to speed up development and save money for other things - we don't need that fancy stuff in there making the effects "look good"

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $200M
24. Re: Star Citizen Passes $200M Nov 17, 2018, 20:39 G.oZ

jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2018, 13:36:

What you want is a game. What Chris is making is a simulation of what frontier life might be like in a thousand years. It's all part of the "immersion" to make you feel like you are there. Kind of like RDR2. While i appreciate what he is going for, I have my doubts as to how much fun it will be.

Except it's not even that.

Can anyone imagine a super adv tech future where AI/robotics won't be doing every single mundane task for us? Even today, just about every aspect of space launches/flight is computer controlled.

"Imagine a distant future of interstellar travel where your life is at risk every day from tasks that could be fully automated. Where we don't use remote drones for combat, mining is still manually operated, flight is still human controlled. A future where you have to walk into physical shops to buy things."

Star Citizen (and just about every MMO) = put in lots of nonsensical busywork as game play.

WALL-E = more realistic. Mostly leisure society where robots/AI do everything for us.

News Comments > Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated]
83. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 27, 2018, 14:24 G.oZ

Beamer wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 09:17:
So how do you change "we, as a culture?" Or do you just accept that this keeps going on?

When someone shot and killed a bunch of 6 year olds in a school, and congress did nothing .... was when the USA collectively decided it prefers mass shootings over gun control.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 23, 2018, 23:39 G.oZ

Love the series.

However, I've always thought it basically "unfilmable" seeing as you're talking about a time-line of 500 years.

Perhaps if they make it an anthology type series to start - similar to the Terry Pratchett discworld TV specials, each set in specific locations & time, and each showing the evolution of Foundation.

Many of the concepts in the original trilogy are also rather outdated, so to make sense to a modern audience they'd need to drastically alter the core themes - particularly as it is meant to represent human society 20,000 odd years from now. One in particular makes zero sense in relation to our current information tech age.

News Comments > Star Citizen Ground Battle Video
11. Re: Star Citizen Ground Battle Video Aug 3, 2018, 13:38 G.oZ

Rigs wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 13:23:
Basically, Chris Roberts is the Elon Musk of the games industry.

=-Rigs-=

Whilst Musk might act like a complete douche at times, his company SpaceX is very successfully achieving its goals and is actually at the forefront of revolutionising the commercial space launch industry. 14 launches so far this year, with a planned 30.

Tesla has actual commercial production cars & batteries.

Star Citizen is more akin to SpaceX before they had their first successful launch and were on the brink of folding.

Or maybe the hyperloop, but that might be being mean towards CIG.

News Comments > Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers
29. Re: Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers Apr 22, 2018, 09:44 G.oZ

NicklePop wrote on Apr 21, 2018, 19:59:

They will be finished games, maybe it's 2019+ ...

Well, considering they just updated the Alpha roadmap with 3.5 in Q1 2019, I'm thinking it will be 2020 at a minimum before it goes into beta..... 8 years into development.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2018, 20:59 G.oZ

You know, WaltC, your argument loses credibility when you start with an insult and load the whole thing with (D)ummy / (D)ummies.

The problem is not guns by themselves, of course, but your country's whole cultural attitude towards guns is (R)idiculously (R)egressive. Hey look, I can do it too!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: CitizenCon 2947 Recap. Oct 28, 2017, 22:23 G.oZ

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 17:06:
I think you guys are missing 1 major thing.

Who is paying for CitizenCon? Why are people being taken off the main project to make proof of concept fluff demo's?

I'm half convinced that lots of the backers are more excited by the concept and process of the game development than the actual functioning game itself. As in they love discussing the designs, new features in terms of the possibilities that it could bring to their utopian gameplay universe ...

... rather than the actual realities and execution in game.

I mean I see people excitedly discussing a variation of a cargo hauling ship or passenger liner and dreaming of all kinds of exciting emergent gameplay scenarios it could bring --- rather than the reality of Star Citizen being an entertainment experience, and these emergent exciting game play possibilities are contingent on dozens, if not hundreds of real people playing in a way that is not particularly beneficial or entertaining to themselves.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2017, 08:32 G.oZ

Asmodai wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 06:53:
Ventura wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 19:53:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 19:43:
It happened in Australia, it can happen here.

I'd like to believe that was true but I've lived in Australia for almost 30 years of my 43 years of existence and I've never met anyone who (inanely) equated freedom with the right to bear arms.

Many, many more will die.

Likewise (born here and 37/42), but I think Australia did something disingenuous in how it used Martin Bryant. We took a person who had an IQ of 66 and was mentally ill and used the scapegoat of guns to make sweeping changes to the arms act in Australia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Australia

15 mass murder events before Port Arthur, 14 after. And while there are some significant sprees, there are certainly a lot of family killings, and apart from Port Arthur, arson racks up the biggest death tolls.

You put up 29 multiple murders(139 deaths including Port Arthur, 99 deaths post Port Arthur) over 46 years as an indication that Australia had some sort of extreme violence problem that we solved by getting law abiding citizens to hand in their semi automatic fire arms? (because the people you actually have to worry about probably wouldn't hand over the guns, right?)

I'm not saying the gun laws are bad, but people are extremely short sighted if they think they actually solve anything. Take away the gun, someone will use a truck, or a knife, or fire. You'll never fix all the problems, people will still go nuts. But if you focus on taking away the reasons for them to snap..?

I think you're missing a significant thing here:

The correlation is there: Look at spree shootings in the 20 years to 1996 - 8. Look at spree shootings - targeting random people with guns since 1997, after the gun restrictions and buyback schemes: 0

A massive coincidence, or an effective method of reducing the likelihood of mass shootings whilst changing the public consciousness towards firearms.

Also - guns, specifically most of the weapons used in mass shootings in the US, are designed for one purpose: to kill human beings. If you're ok with people owning items which have one purpose "fast, efficient killing of humans" - then so be it.

Bill O'Reilly responds to the massacre: "That is the price of freedom"

News Comments > Steam Adding 10% GST in AU
22. Re: Steam Adding 10% GAT in AU Feb 22, 2017, 17:29 G.oZ

I don't have too many problems with this, why should overseas companies compete against locals without having to pay GST?

What I would have a problem with is if the publishers decide to keep in the "Australia Tax", where games are regularly priced US$10-30 more than in the US store. Activision in particular liked their 50% extra on AAA games. US$60 ... or US$90 for Australians. Bethesda as well, usually US$20 more.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Diablo III Season 9 Underway Jan 19, 2017, 19:45 G.oZ

descender wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 16:40:
I think Netflix's "binge release" is terrible, and I hope no one else adopts this stupidity. It entirely eliminates any social aspect to watching their shows. I like rewatching shows during the week and discussing them with people as they progress.

Unless you want to discuss spoilers and such, you can still talk about shows with other people as they progress through it. I certainly will join in discussions on TV shows, especially what I'm liking and not liking about it (including characters). One thing I've never seen the point of is discussing spoilers, trailers & trying to theorise what is going to happen next. Share competing theories. Weigh the likelihood of each happening.

Also, what you said could easily be applied to books. Why don't they just release one chapter at a time?

Lets take your Game of Thrones example: "Did you get the new Song of Ice and Fire book" "Yeah, I'm 5 chapters in". "Oh I read it all over the weekend". End of conversation. . . . . Unless "What do you think so far?" Conversations can adapt.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 11, 2016, 20:30 G.oZ

1. ARK: Scorched Earth - Expansion Pack

ROFL Paid expansion for unfinished early access game. (The review section is now amusing as well)

What's next? Selling in game items, not currently playabale or even viewable in game, for a pre-alpha game? ....oh wait

25 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo