Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Megalodon

Real Name Megalodon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Megalodon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 8, 2015, 21:47
Total Comments 322 (Amateur)
User ID 58190

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2015, 07:13 Megalodon

Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 21:04:
I wonder if a single FO4 player has actually gone "Oh no, I have to find my kid!"

I'm sure they have. Right before they see something off in the distance and go wandering off to find it. It's an open world game, keeping story direction is almost impossible if you make the world fun to explore. I got lost in the world of New Vegas too and for the record it wasn't that well written, just the sidequests and companion stuff was awesome.

It's really hard to keep that impact and interest from the player when there are 100 different things to do at any given time and you can't predict what the player will want.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation

8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 22, 2015, 13:27 Megalodon

Creston is right. The PS4 shares the same weak Jaguar cores and has a low end GPU that is only marginally better than the Xbox One. It is nothing to write home about and the only way they'll hit 90fps on PSVR is because they're offloading most of the work to an external processing unit. Even with that caveat its still in doubt apparently.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans

61. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 22, 2015, 06:51 Megalodon

You're not even trying if you only found 3 suits. The game gives you 2 in the first 10 hours, one literally and the other is sitting right near the starting area.  

59. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 23:50 Megalodon

Quinn wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 19:25:
You frustrate me horribly. You are not listening. I decided to override because if I didn't, the issues I'd encounter would be even worse.

I'm done with you, tbh. I'm talking to a wall. An angry, annoying wall.

Now you understand how everyone else on this place feels when dealing with your posts on a regular basis. This is why you went 50 rounds over a price issue and can't interact with anyone normally. There's your homework for the weekend, get started.

54. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 13:10 Megalodon

Quinn wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 08:31:
So, yeah.. as you so charmingly express: GTFO with that shit. "I have no issues, ergo everything is great and the problem is you" is one of the biggest fallacies people trap themselves in.

You experiencing a problem doesn't mean its everyones responsibility to fix or listen to your whining, especially when you're a rude little monkey about it. Go fix your own shit, you consciously decided to override the defaults knowing the consequences and you get to deal with it by waiting for a patch or changing it back.

49. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 08:21 Megalodon

Zip your trap junior unless you wanna us to get real. Some of us defended your poorly written shit heap of a post because we believe in the platform but that doesn't give you license to mouth off everyone else. You spent 50 posts the other day arguing about a price that you knew was wrong because you failed to read before posting so you can GTFO with that shit.

Fallout 4 is not a bad port as far as they come and is very stable. They just made a bad decision to tie some systems to the framerate. It's stupid but forgivable when you look at the whole package, especially the extensive mod support that is unheard of these days.

45. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 20:21 Megalodon

The Human eye cant even go beyond that or even keep up.

This is an internet fallacy with little basis in reality, please read up on it so you don't make the same mistake again.

Case and point, people who are tweaking their system and the game to run outside of what the game was designed for and why it was locked down to 60 in the first place. Gluten's for punishment is what you are.

Glutton. Gluten is a protein found in wheats and grains. The 60fps limitation is a shitty bad first year game dev mistake and not very defensible. If the game was designed for 21.991 FPS and had no framelimiter, would you use the same logic for when it broke on your system? It's also worth noting that some people aren't even attempting to exceed the framerate cap and have been experiencing issues, its a PC launch after all.

Some people have expensive hardware and want games to fully utilize it. I had no idea this was suddenly considered a bad thing. Maybe we should all buy identical hardware and plan our builds so that they don't cause problems for shitty engines? We can call them....CONSOLES.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2015, 20:29.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One

139. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 20, 2015, 07:18 Megalodon

People are trying to talk about Fallout 4, not stroke your nerd ego with its fake online rambo persona.

Are there any other high population areas outside of Diamond City? I'm a bit disappointed with the game world currently. There is a lot to do but I figured there would be more at least a few quest areas with lots of NPCs.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular

74. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 16, 2015, 18:09 Megalodon

Verno wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 15:53:
I need a "clean homes" mod. I know its the post apocalypse and all but man people have some dirty ass homes. Rubble and shit just strewn about. If our basement looked like that my girlfriend would kill me in my sleep, let alone the living room or kitchen.

My biggest marvel so far is finding an intact toilet, they exist!

Why do you give a shit about something so trivial? There are so many other big problems with the game to care about.

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin

28. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 16, 2015, 18:05 Megalodon

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 23:00:
Great White Shark wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 22:50:
Krovven wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 20:56:
I don't care if I'm an irritating idiot troll.

You said it, not us.

Shush nooblet before we sell you to Red Lobster by the pound.

Please don't actually eat at Red Lobster, do your body a favor and have a little more class than that.

News Comments > Second Pillars of Eternity Expansion in January

8. Re: Second Pillars of Eternity Expansion in January Nov 16, 2015, 18:04 Megalodon

Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 16:06:
So is the one that makes it fun?

It's the one that makes it dead simple enough that you can enjoy it.

135. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 16, 2015, 17:55 Megalodon

So use your brain and say the same thing without those words in them. You were just picking a little tiff with someone that you don't like so don't pretend to take the high ground. If it's so bad then take a fuckin hike and stop boring us with your high school drama.

Shit actually about the game: I just found The Giver and it does not disappoint. Lots of cool uniques in this game, the loot and equipment modding system is a big step up from New Vegas. I'm worried I'm going to totally break the game soon but that's part of the fun with Bethesda titles.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2015, 18:02.

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin

20. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 22:50 Megalodon

Krovven wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 20:56:
I don't care if I'm an irritating idiot troll.

You said it, not us.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits

31. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 15, 2015, 15:46 Megalodon

wtf_man wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 11:57:
Yes, I have personally verified the behavior... my statement had nothing to do with the Ars Article.

Very well, please demonstrate that proof for the rest of us.

If Microsoft is really up to what you're saying then it should be trivial to post such evidence.

21. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 15, 2015, 06:56 Megalodon

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 23:16:
Not true. In addition to that basic feedback crap there is some data being sent to MS that could not be identified by those who sniffed the packages.

You're referring to the Ars article I'm assuming? Microsoft already commented on that. Some of the data is encrypted so that it isn't susceptible to man in the middle attacks. Anything else?

One disables Cortana and searching via web, and Windows 10 still phones home when you click the start button or when you search.

The Ars article you're quoting even notes that is likely a bug. Does it still do this? Have you personally verified it? My install sends nothing when I click the start button anymore and hasn't for several Windows Updates.

I don't trust our corporate overlords anymore than the next person so I like to be informed about these things. My point is that there is plenty of valid stuff to throw at Microsofts doorstep without people getting all weird about boring telemetry data that every company collects. This is a company that backdoored Skype and people are instead angry about windows crash reports and a list of installed apps. Priorities people.

123. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 14, 2015, 21:39 Megalodon

The new floating loot on hover system is fantastic, so simple yet so well done. It is one of those things you never realized you wanted so badly until you use it.  

15. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 14, 2015, 21:37 Megalodon

wtf_man wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 18:24:
harlock wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 18:13:
pro tip: NOBODY FUCKING CARES ABOUT YOUR SECRETS

Apparently Microsoft does, since they won't let you turn the shit off.

The only shit you can't turn off is the Basic feedback which has diagnostic data, not personal info.

117. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 23:30 Megalodon

Kxmode wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 16:10:
Fallout 4 is very fun! The complainers complain because they basically like to bitch about things. It's a mental health issue.

Most of the complainers don't own the game, haven't played the game and know very little of substance about the game. They're just making noise.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Launches

11. Re: Steam Hardware Launches Nov 11, 2015, 07:39 Megalodon

The controller is really good but you have to be open to change. It is not quite a gamepad and not quite a mouse. They recently added a mouse/joystick mode that works quite well. I love the ability to tweak it to my taste for every game. It will not replace your mouse but it does let you play previously mouse only games with a modicum of skill on the couch. A very cool device.

The Steam Link on the other hand is a buggy piece of shit and Steam itself needs more BPM work for that whole experience to work flawlessly.

News Comments > Game Reviews

41. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2015, 07:34 Megalodon

jimnms wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 09:10:
I browsed Twitch TV last night looking at random streams.

In other words, you learned nothing of value because you still have zero first hand experience. Ok.

There are small things you can learn about a game by watching but most of the important things you learn only by playing. Someone else playing a game is not the same way that you will play the game. Random idiots on twitch will not seek out methods to fix their problems and instead lead you to false assumptions about the game and its limitations. Be open to learning the obvious lesson here.

322 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >