Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Megalodon

Real Name Megalodon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Megalodon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 8, 2015, 21:47
Total Comments 322 (Amateur)
User ID 58190

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation

17. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2015, 23:17 Megalodon

|RaptoR| wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 22:21:
BF4 - BF4 1.25 million for PC globally. 3.52 million for PS3 alone.

I notice that vgchartz doesn't appear to disclose any sources so it might as well be a tumblr blog. Those numbers don't make any sense considering third party trackers have the user base on PC pegged at 2.7mil. It also maintains active user base parity with the various console versions regularly which suggests closer per platform figures.

I don't doubt that consoles sell more than PCs and that's fine. PCs outnumber Macs but Mac and Linux users spend more per user than they do. In the end its all about the money.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced

49. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 6, 2015, 07:28 Megalodon

A PDF of a powerpoint presentation is the source that is supposed to refute me that's funny. That tells me you don't even understand the differences you're referring to since you couldn't even summarize them into a sentence and are just parroting marketing blurbs.

Windows 10 makes meaningful strides in user interface, at least of build 10162 that I'm using right now. I don't really give a shit about Minecraft on it but at least for the end user they will see a meaningful difference that isn't blurbs and a 2 second boot improvement.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2015, 07:33.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV OS X Pulled, Refunds Offered

28. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV OS X Pulled, Refunds Offered Jul 6, 2015, 07:22 Megalodon

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 22:53:
Krowen wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 20:56:
Macs are great, I do a lot of gaming on my Macbook. The Apple laptop market keeps growing each quarter while PC shipments keep declining. The biggest problem Macs face is just drivers and retarded Apple bullshit where they can't decide if they're going to take gaming seriously or not.

Actually, PC sales have stabilised and just about everything Apple sells is experiencing declines. It's just that iPhone growth is enough that it's outpacing those declines financially be a wide margin.

It's the complete opposite of what you just said actually. You're thinking of Apple tablets by the way.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV OS X Pulled, Refunds Offered

16. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV OS X Pulled, Refunds Offered Jul 5, 2015, 20:56 Megalodon

Macs are great, I do a lot of gaming on my Macbook. The Apple laptop market keeps growing each quarter while PC shipments keep declining. The biggest problem Macs face is just drivers and retarded Apple bullshit where they can't decide if they're going to take gaming seriously or not.  

News Comments > Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced

45. Re: Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta Announced Jul 5, 2015, 15:25 Megalodon

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 04:49:
descender wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 00:10:
There is really nothing about 8/8.1 (UI replacement or not) that is an improvement over 7. Especially the half-in half-out metro UI shit like your network connections and such.

As someone who works with both operating systems on a daily basis... you all really have no idea what you are talking about. Anecdotal nonsense rules the day around here.

So no lower overhead? Faster boot times, better kernel optimization? Well guys pack it in, all that anecdotal evidence in the quote just packs it in.

Faster boot time is about the only one you can actually quantify without a "trust me" from Microsoft so his response is about as meaningful as yours.

News Comments > Independent Metaverse

2. Re: Independent Metaverse Jul 3, 2015, 11:08 Megalodon

Re: How to Stop Verizon from Screwing New York City

How to put the genie back in the bottle.

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship

64. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 3, 2015, 01:54 Megalodon

crypto wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 00:13:
So what happened?... did you get into an accident that resulted in some brain damage? You went from "smart financial decisions" to star shityzen and amiibo purchases. Your talking either total bullshit or seriously messed up; just saying.

I read your shitty post and it gave me brain damage, that's what happened. You probably dumped double what I've spent there in completely inconsequential crap but I don't notice you rushing to list your own hobbies or tendencies. Sack up.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost

11. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 20:58 Megalodon

Easy?! My Li Li is so complex, you don't even know son. I am Li Li in real lfie.  

60. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 2, 2015, 20:54 Megalodon

Not that its really any of your fucking business but I make good money and was smart with financial decisions in my youth so I have disposable income now. Some people spend $1500 on sports and beer, I spend $1500 on games. Also in my awesome Nintendo amiibo collection, seriously mine owns and I don't care what shitty thing you have to say about it mr "plan foolish"

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost

9. Re: Heroes of the Storm Player Bans/XP Boost Jul 2, 2015, 14:54 Megalodon

I love this game so much, I am the undisputed king of Li Li and I will downtown to the hodown with anyone any time, anywhere lets do this chaps.  

58. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 2, 2015, 14:50 Megalodon

I don't have a girlfriend or kids right now so I have a lot of disposable income. It's barely as much as I spent on my Nintendo amiibo collection.

I would recommend people put money into investing in bitcoin timeshares before they put any money into this sinking ship of a game.

55. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 2, 2015, 12:11 Megalodon

What?  

53. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jul 2, 2015, 09:34 Megalodon

I was patient for a long time but I'm nearly done selling my stuff to other backers and after that I'm finished with this project. Nothing has turned out the way I wanted it to. I just wanted a new space sim with some dogfighting and trading. Instead this project has now evolved into a unhinged monster without any overriding direction or real flow. Completely disconnected aspects, P2W mechanics and ships that were obsolete before I even got a real alpha build. This thing was a dream that turned into a nightmare. I'm just glad I got my $1500 back.  

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut Announced

9. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut Announced Jul 2, 2015, 09:14 Megalodon

I enjoyed this more than Path of Exile, at least this had some personality. Path of Exile is the most bland gaming experience I've had. I don't care how deep the character builds are, the gameplay itself is boring and it looks dreadful.

One thing the devs could do here is ditch the pseudo RTS bits, they just don't work. Also more focus on unique enemies and make the levels smaller but with more interesting features.

News Comments > Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC

14. Re: Dark Souls Sells > 8M Copies, 40% for PC Jul 1, 2015, 15:52 Megalodon

Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 14:23:
Once I got into a dropped it PDQ. Whilst quite good with the scary and sad atmosphere - and who doesn't like praising the sun \o/ - it quickly becomes a one trick pony where you have to learn how to defeat mobs and bosses according to your build. The sauce gets pretty weak at that point.

Yeah its like any other action RPG where you have to figure out the game and then play it! Whoa what a fucking revelation thanks for sharing!

Game sales are well deserved, can't wait for Dark Souls 3. The ports keep getting better as their teams learn more about making PC games.

News Comments > etc., etc.

3. Re: etc., etc. Jul 1, 2015, 09:18 Megalodon

UO still makes money, there has never been quite another MMO like it.  

News Comments > Terraria Patched

14. Re: Terraria Patched Jul 1, 2015, 09:16 Megalodon

Retired wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 01:58:
Rigs wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 18:28:
Ok, new Terraria player here, heavy into modded Minecraft and many (too many) hours in Starbound, where do I start with this? Are there mods for it like Buildcraft? I'm clueless... *ahem* *looks around*...I mean, for once...

=-Rigs-=

Nothing is obvious, but keep checking your base area and craft a bench, an anvil, a forge, etc etc etc. Use the Wiki to get going, it will save you a headache. Go exploring, find chests, and mine mine mine mine mine. Have fun.

This is bad advice for new players. The guide NPC provides all sorts of direction and is always available around the initial spawn point in the world. Don't bother with the wiki until its actually required. Go talk to the guide and he will get you started on the basics. Like most games of this ilk you should concentrate building a shelter first and foremost.

Terraria is not easily moddable, some exist but its nothing like Minecraft yet in terms of availability. You can find some here.

News Comments > Minecraft PC Sells > 20M

27. Re: Minecraft PC Sells > 20M Jul 1, 2015, 09:13 Megalodon

People just say Minecraft is a fad because they're jealous of its success and bitter that they have no creative energy.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits

13. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 30, 2015, 11:22 Megalodon

Axis wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 18:18:
Krowen reads the headline, then comes in to make a comment similar to mine.

He reads 'descenders' comment.

He then quotes my first comment (pretending that's as far as he got in the thread) and attempts to condescend while trying to sound intelligent.

Axis replies with a stunning understanding of people like Krowen, and Krowen bows and grovels, humiliation inside.

Krowen then chooses to ignore replying because not only is Axis correct, but the thread was pretty much done when Krowen first replied.

Sweat begins to drip on the head of Axis as he reads the many posts in the thread. He has been discovered as a fraud! Realizing he is thoroughly defeated on logic, Axis attempts to have the last word through obfuscation and deception by waiting days to reply. His attempt fails when a browser tab left open accidentally is refreshed. Krowen laughs at the complete lack of any real rebuttal, Axis makes no attempt to even use fact or logic in his post.

Filled with mirth, Krowen closes his browser knowing that Axis will probably keep futilely responding like a puppet on strings.

Dance little puppet. Dance for your master haha! I own you!

News Comments > World of Fishing EU Closed Beta

3. Re: World of Fishing EU Closed Beta Jun 29, 2015, 22:24 Megalodon

Fishing games are really fun but you need patience and intelligence to play them.  

322 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >