Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Megalodon

Real Name Megalodon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Megalodon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 8, 2015, 21:47
Total Comments 322 (Amateur)
User ID 58190

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

36. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2015, 18:06 Megalodon

Verno wrote on Sep 21, 2015, 13:53:
The idea that someone can nostradamus the market is hilarious, there are way too many factors to make any sort of accurate prediction in terms of the date.

If anyone had the ability to do so then companies wouldn't spend billions rigging the political process to assert control over economic policy.

The video is stupid and looks like any other false prophet message.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2015, 20:42 Megalodon

Kxmode wrote on Sep 20, 2015, 18:07:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 20, 2015, 16:03:
It was from his bad guy year. He did Insomnia, One Hour Photo, and Death to Smoochy all in 2002. He said coming off of Bicentennial Man and Patch Adams that he just had to be evil.

The next time you wish to add your commentary please use the secret text filter. It's a provided courtesy to keep all of us from spoiling the film for those who haven't seen it.

He didn't spoil anything from the movie and you can't play the spoiler card on 14 year old movies. If you don't want any information about movies then good luck on the internet in general.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 18, 2015, 21:02 Megalodon

CrimsonPaw wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 18:36:
Soooooooo, PSVR is going to launch for around $500 - $550 US ... good luck with that.

People pay $1100 for iPhones and shit. It's not that far fetched.

42. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2015, 07:30 Megalodon

A big steak has a lot of protein too and I enjoy it. I'm not going to eat food I don't enjoy just to make other people feel good about themselves.  

News Comments > DARK SOULS III in April

15. Re: DARK SOULS III in April Sep 18, 2015, 07:26 Megalodon

InBlack wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 02:31:
Diablo3 had an atrocious story. Ugh, I shudder even now when I think how low Blizzard have fallen with their story telling, after the brilliant horror stories of D1 and D2...

Those games had no story, stop fooling yourself. Go back and actually play them now instead of relying on your childhood nostalgia.

News Comments > DARK SOULS III in April

13. Re: DARK SOULS III in April Sep 17, 2015, 22:15 Megalodon

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 18:26:
Sure, but it's delivered in a very shitty way with massive gaps, like i've said.

The main director Hidetaka Miyazaki grew up reading english books with poor english skills so he strung together things in his mind to form the story. So he did that in the souls game. He's said that a few times in different interviews (i don't feel like looking them up).

Anyways, Souls games have a shit plot, cool looking settings but would really benefit from a better story. If you go to a movie, and you don't know what that movie is about after watching it 3-4 times and you're not in a lower percentile of intellect.. That movie FAILED to deliver anything other than flashing pictures. It's pretty much the same with these games. The only difference is that they have fun in them instead of idle watching.

There's better ways to deliver setting and plot than what they do.. If you want to talk about a game that also recently failed to deliver the plot in a proper way... Pillars of Eternity. Which is what I'm currently playing and I've been reading all the library books and still think it's poorly delivered. Great ideas in it... Bad execution. Thaos, Leaden Key, Adra.. Meh.

I had no problems piecing together the plot in any of these games and enjoyed them for what they were. In fact I appreciate the sort of dreamy, ethereal feel instead of ham fisted exposition at every turn like most other western games. I'm not sure why you obsess over this every time one of these comes up. If the lack of story is so problematic then play all of those other great ARPG games with stories like.......Diablo 3.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2015, 22:50 Megalodon

Frags4Fun wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 14:21:
The amount of ignorance in this day and age is simply mind-boggling. Why do I even bother with you idiots? You guys reply without spending any significant time investigating what I said. Pure ignorance! And here I thought that some of you were intelligent enough to connect the dots.

Whatever

Time for me to move on to a place where commenters actually use their brains.

Good idea. Maybe at this magical place where people use their brain, you can find people who don't just throw a tantrum when others don't accept their wacky links without any empirical data or studies.

In fact lets hold you to this post, I'll be happy to quote it back to you any time you try to post here in the future ok? Just in case you forgot or perhaps weren't a man of your word.

So have at it Frags4Fun, best of luck in finding a new home where everyone just agrees with you about everything without exercising any critical thought. Sounds like a wonderful place Rolleyes

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2015, 18:44 Megalodon

Cutter wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 09:32:
Then we'll just destroy that planet too. It's pointless going somewhere else - and even if we ever do develop FTL travel it ain't gonna' happen for a very, very long time - if we're just taking the same attitudes with us that make life so shitty here. What space travel will more realistically be about is something like Elyisium where the elites zoom off into space and other worlds and the masses are stuck on the shitty planets still being exploited. I don't see how space travel is going to cure our social ills. If anything it may well make it worse.

This is an idiotic and short sighted attitude but I shouldn't be surprised, that seems to be your posting style in general. Let me answer your ridiculous nihilism so that you might actually learn something from this exchange. Whenever we spread to other planets, its actually much more likely that other forked social development will occur and be far more different than our own. As distance increases from leadership and government, so does pressure to appease those authorities. As colonies become self sustaining their ability to be policed by remote authority decreases. We didn't get this far by sheer luck, we evolve and cooperate. Space travel, colonization and our long term survival will be no different.

If this all meaningless and humanity is doomed then feel free to logoff and stop bugging the rest of us with your negativity and childish comments.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2015, 22:48 Megalodon

Retired wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 20:58:
You posted on Sept 7th that your friend had passed - and no one here showed you anything other than complete compassion.

Perhaps people here should've responded that his friend didn't die, it was all a big conspiracy and linked to an idiotic youtube video thats all supposition with no actual evidence of anything. Maybe then he would know how it feels. I feel like that's all people like him understand, their own shitty medicine.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

21. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 11, 2015, 07:42 Megalodon

harlock wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 21:27:
really? and what do you have for breakfast? ooh ooh!! where do you shop for clothes?

WE NEED THIS IMPORTANT INFO IMMEDIATELY!!

But we definitely need more of your addiction fueled existential crisis in a teapot posts.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

39. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 11, 2015, 07:32 Megalodon

Sounds like someone just watched Forks Over Knives or Food Inc for the first time.

Do you know who is really sad? The person who doesn't get to attend my amazing summer BBQs.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

43. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 10, 2015, 07:42 Megalodon

10-15 years from now I won't remember you even existed and who cares about a prediction so far off? There's no stakes in that, if you lose no one remembers and if you win you just give yourself a pat on the back. You want some credit for something, try making a real prediction in the near future with some degree of specificity. Yeah people are going to laugh at you and rightfully so mr technostradamus.

Also just for the sake of pointing out how dumb that is, Google doesn't have the money to provision the entire world with internet otherwise they would've already done it. They've tried balloons, floating containers and other methods without much success.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 9, 2015, 22:55 Megalodon

NamecaF wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 22:30:
In this case, eye for an eye isn't even enough. Her suffering would end too soon. She should be tortured to death over a very long, protracted period of time.

Anyone who abuses or murders those much weaker than themselves (eg. animals, kids) deserves the most horrendous, painful form of punishment possible.

You're just as bad as she is if you really believe that. A measured response in the face of cruelty is the mark of an enlightened society. If you want to just give in to your baser self then you're no different than her or any other animal.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders

13. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders Sep 9, 2015, 07:56 Megalodon

The content is fine, your attention span is the problem. If you try to play the game instead of just wandering around checking off things like you're playing a shitty MMO then you will probably enjoy it a lot more. I am wasting my time even suggesting it though. The only real issue with the game is their level system needed a bit more XP between levels, already fixed by mods.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

31. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2015, 07:54 Megalodon

InBlack wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 02:53:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2015, 19:40:

Nice dream you're living in. What will happen is that they'll just pimp their Unlimited Bandwith Package * for $150 per month. As for ISPs listening to anything Google or MS have to say, don't make me laugh.

Once Google starts to bring free wi-fi internet access to third world countries (where the FCC and the powerful Telecom ISPs have no say), they will not only listen they will quake in their fucking underpants....

What do I care if the FCC has no say in a third world country, I don't live there. Its not like thats ever stopped America before. No one gives a fuck.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2015, 20:15 Megalodon

I thought Now You See Me was a giant piece of shit that doesn't work on any level. It doesn't work as a deconstruction and it doesn't work as a literal or escapism piece, its impossible to take the crazy juxtapositions it poses seriously. Its just some flashy tricks that make zero fucking sense in the context of the story which goes on entirely too long. Predictable performances from everyone involved, no real chemistry between any of the actors and yet another pay check movie for Morgan Freeman. It was incredibly depressing to see such shit actually generate a decent take home. Comments from coworkers and friends went like "I cant see how they did that!" as if it were real magicians performing actual tricks and not just editing software, CGI and some text. I bet most people can't even remember any of the character names without looking at IMDB.

The twist at the end was vintage Shyamalan...from The Village. At least Transformers just makes someone happy with a bunch of dumb booms but Now You See Me tries to rise above the directors capability and fails miserably at doing either.

News Comments > Torchlight Burns Out Runic

65. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 5, 2015, 12:50 Megalodon

I don't think confusion lead to this situation, it was a user trolling that initiated it and I don't believe my name would have made any difference. I'm not making it a matter of anything but I do feel that you're punishing me for someone else misbehaving while that user gets off without consequences. If that's the way you want to run your site then I can't do anything about it but voice my displeasure so that's what I was attempting to do. Perhaps it was a bit immature to change it back and I do apologize but I was upset because this seems unfair. I think if you were in the same situation you probably wouldn't be thrilled about it either.

I will make your life easier though and come up with an alternative user name, I will refrain from posting until I do to avoid any confusion. I hope that is acceptable.

63. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 5, 2015, 09:58 Megalodon

Sorry but I don't feel that's a fair or accurate summary. The user with a similar name posted numerous examples of that axis person attacking others for no reason, people who don't have the same name. It's clear that the behavior of that user is a problem and I don't feel that this would have played out much differently even if my name was Miley Cyrus. I posted once here and purposely ignored that user harassing me for no reason, expecting moderation to take care of it. I did exactly what I was supposed to and I don't feel I should be punished for it. The user who provoked the situation should be the one who has to deal with the consequences of his behavior, not the people affected.

I'm not trying to be an ass though and I'm not here to make anyones life harder, you also provide a free service which I appreciate. To make your life easier I added a clarification in the signature line of my user profile which is visible on every post. Is that sufficient? I could also add the letter of my first name to my nickname but I would prefer not to if possible for personal reasons. I can also just stop using the website entirely if you want but I do enjoy reading it and commenting for what its worth. I apologize for my initial reaction but I was a bit upset at the solution.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 4, 2015, 20:31 Megalodon

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 18:54:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2015, 18:08:
So, you're going to buy a $200 device, and pay $40 per month, and play mobile games on your big screen TV? Without a game pad?? That's going to shake up gaming the same way a fly burdens an elephant when it lands on one.

They're not trying to compete with consoles, they're trying to create a whole new market by tapping into that segment of the population that doesn't play games on their TV at all. The article compares it to how mobile games got started, where you can just go to a "Games" section and play something simple that requires no extra equipment on top of what you've already bought for other purposes. So they're building a modicum of gaming-relevant control options into their remote, hoping devs take advantage and fill their App Store with TV games.

It doesn't interest me at all, either, but you have to admit it's a good idea.

No it's not a good idea, look at the Nintendo Wii. It made a lot of money for a little while but that market is fad chasers and has terrible retention rates.

61. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 4, 2015, 20:27 Megalodon

I am changing my name back. I made one post in this and it had nothing to do with anyone else. I got unfairly attacked and instead of punishing the person responsible you force me to change my name which is my last name. I had no idea there was another user with a similar name before registering and I've never deceived anyone about it. Why is it our fault for having a similar name instead of the user who goes out of his way to troll others for no apparent reason? Someone who is just targeting others for unprovoked personal attacks. Treat the disease, not the symptoms.

Ban me if you want but I'm keeping my name.

322 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >