Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve Nuzzi

Real Name Steve Nuzzi   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkV
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 20, 2015, 14:44
Total Comments 63 (Suspect)
User ID 58177

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. RE: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2018, 11:43 DarkV

Hey Blue, Those outages are why I'd buy a Generac for our house if we move up to Westchester. http://www.generac.com/for-homeowners/home-backup-power  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 17
19. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 17 Jun 27, 2018, 21:19 DarkV

Fion wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 12:54:
Shout out to 3305 Local!

My favorite MMO ever, though I haven't played in ages. Haha I remember the very early days when it was buggy as hell. My (clan-side) guild settled in Old Athen because it was the least laggy, and a small empty building there became our headquarters, and we'd farm the junkyard out in Athen Shire.

I remember because that game was so buggy and had such a huge memory leak early on that I upgraded to a whopping 500mb of memory. Used to blow people away that I had that much lol.

It really was a refreshingly complex MMO with a lot of new ideas that became standard in games like WoW and other more popular titles. AO2 would be awesome, but MMOs aren't that successful anymore and it's not like the IP is well known.

My first MMO.....fun times meeting people from all over. Synergy Factor was my clan guild. Still remember "Da Humpster" humping people at the SF wall.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 31, 2018, 17:51 DarkV

Have a good Passover-Easter Blue.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2018, 13:15 DarkV

Blue wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 10:37:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 10:33:
Gave up on baseball because the of the 1994 strike, haven't forgiven them yet.

That was part of it for me. The other part was the steroids.

I was in the same boat about baseball. Last couple years I've started to come around.

RIP Rusty Staub.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2018, 00:05.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2018, 13:52 DarkV

Once upon a time didn't Blue almost kill Bette Midler by sliding hard into home plate?

"Well, you made a long journey from Milan to Minsky. Rochelle, Rochelle. You never stopped hoping, now you're in a pinsk. Rochelle, Rochelle."

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2018, 17:02 DarkV

Cutter wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 15:22:
I couldn't remember for the longest time but now it just hit me. Demolition Man! That's the snowflake world little SJWs like Nucas are hoping for. A world that appears on the surface to be free and fair but is really just another totalitarian state where free thought and expression are illegal. Where bad language gets you fined and dirty thoughts get you sent to a "re-education" camp, and sex is completely virtual, and no one ever eats anything bad for them. Holy shit, I don't know who wrote Demolition Man but they were way ahead of the curve.

Cutter, I'd love to show you the Schwarzenegger Presidential Library and then we'll do some fine dining at Taco Bell. Afterwards we can use the three seashells as we sing "I'm an Oscar Myer wiener".

PS..Surprised you didn't give the Edger Friendly speech...."See, according to Cocteau's plan, I'm the enemy. Cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who wants to sit in a greasy spoon and think, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol. I want to eat bacon, butter and buckets of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in a non-smoking section. I wanna run through the streets naked with green Jello all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to. Okay, pal? I've seen the future, you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sittin' around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake singing "I'm an Oscar-Meyer Wiener". You wanna live on top, you gotta live Cocteau's way. What he wants, when he wants, how he wants. Your other choice: come down here, maybe starve to death."

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2018, 12:35 DarkV

Verno wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 11:29:
"You want a prediction about the weather, you're asking the wrong Phil. I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life."

I repeat that one every year, it remains my favorite quote from the movie

Thumbsup +1

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2018, 17:12 DarkV

jdreyer wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 12:48:
2 cops allegedly ate marijuana edibles, got high, and called for backup.

Soooo, they ran out of Cheetos and the other police made a snack run for them?

Which is why I brown bagged it when I was on the job.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2018, 17:07 DarkV

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 11:58:
That just a lackey at the dealership talking out of their ass. If the battery is under warranty they should just replace it and smile while apologizing for the inconvenience.

I wish it was just that..lol. Honda starts the warranty on the battery at the time of installation.

She had 2 months to go on a 3 year lease when the battery went, so she had to pay to replace the battery for a car she was turning over in 2 months. Now what is really funny is that Honda replacement battery gets a "100 month warranty" which I believe becomes void to the next owner.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2018, 10:40 DarkV

Glad things worked out for you Blue. I think Honda might have a battery problem since you are the forth person I've heard from that has had to replace a Honda battery way before it's time. My aunt got into it with the dealership cause Honda "claimed" the lights on the car must have been left on numerous times to kill the battery...which is BS since i'd be the one jumping her car since she lives up stairs from us.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2018, 10:24 DarkV

Big Grats to Ruiner79 for being the Seer of Seers, Sage of Sages, Prognosticator of Prognosticators of the playoff pool. To think the pool was won/lost on wild card weekend.  

3. Re: Swearing Jan 24, 2018, 11:11 DarkV

Jesus, jesus had days like these...Robocop 2 being wiped out??? Kaine isn't going to be to happy with that.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2018, 17:12 DarkV

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 11:17:
I can now die satisfied.

Grats Mr Tact. You Sir are the champion. Kudos.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 2, 2018, 17:07 DarkV

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 15:58:
BobBob wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 15:38:
VaranDragon wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 15:33:
BobBob wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 15:13:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jan 2, 2018, 13:52:
My son had the neighborhood kids over for a sleep over (5 8-9 year olds). They all got on their iPads and started watching "savage" Jake Paul videos.

They can play video games into the wee hours of the morning, they can eat junk food, they can binge watch Sponge Bob, but there's no way in hell this Youtube filth or his brother are polluting these kids heads when they're in my house.

Why not encourage them to read books and learn? Book

Did that work on you when you were a kid?

Yes. Thumbsup
When you were a kid did you have a smart phone, computer, dvd player, netflix, roku, tablet, internet?

No, you didn't.

No some of us didn't have those things. What we did have were parents that parented.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2017, 12:52 DarkV

Just in case I don't get a chance......

To Blue and all his readers.....A Merry Christmas to everyone and their families.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 15:47 DarkV

The new Star Wars movies have given me a new appreciation for the prequels.

Edit....I shouldn't say all. I did like Rogue One.

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2017, 16:14.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2017, 21:09 DarkV

Blue wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 20:21:
Beamer wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 18:37:
I would say there's, at best, a 20% chance he's on the team next year. Reese and McAdoo are gone, but I can't imagine it's worthwhile for Eli to stay or the Giants to keep him.

I agree with your odds. The wild card is them getting rid of Reese and McAdoo... if the team hires a new coach and GM then it's possible they'll want to keep him around. Even possible after they score a top five pick at QB in the draft, they could put Eli in the position they put Kurt Warner in all those years ago of holding down the fort and offering mentorship to the rookie.

But yeah, it's a real long shot.

Blue, as a lifelong Giants fan i'm as pissed as you. I find it to be a total lack of class the way management/ownership handled this. Reminds me how Phil Simms was treated on the way out. I could understand if Eli was the main problem...he wasn't. I expect crap like this from the Mets or the Knicks..not the Giants.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2017, 11:54 DarkV

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:00:
I remember my dad coming home one day, 1975 or 76 or so, and had a little box with two paddle controllers in his hand that he'd bought that day. It was the Pong console. We played the hell out of it for awhile.

That started my life-long addiction to computer games. Thanks dad!

Have to second this....I'm sure most of us have the same story as Creston. Next up for me was the Intellivision...tho it seemed all my friends got the Atari.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2017, 18:53 DarkV

Blue wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 17:38:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 14:45:
I've never been a fan of ham. Cured cow on the other hand is dandy.

I know what comes to mind, but this was amazing. It was a Mario Batali recipe, and it was the best ham I've ever had.

http://www.mariobatali.com/recipes/fresh-ham-italian-style/

Heresy Blue, purge the heretic. This is the best ham EVER...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SULSoOYmRs

PS..I love ham but there is NO WAY I'm eating RH.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 20, 2017, 22:18 DarkV

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 21:57:
Best scene in that film....Last season's losers.

I wish I was like Whitman, Price, and Haddad basking under the Maui sun.

63 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo