Descending
Limit Results:

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs
Feb 11, 2017, 13:08
Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Feb 11, 2017, 13:08
Feb 11, 2017, 13:08

As #18 mentioned. Revenue is not profit.

Re: Morning Legal Briefs
Nov 7, 2016, 16:39
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2016, 16:39
Nov 7, 2016, 16:39

descender wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 16:15:
This is exactly why people think Hillary is "the devil"... oh wait, you weren't talking about the GOP/FoxNews doing that? It's their entire business model.

Bruh.....People don't think Hillary is the devil because of Fox news. We have emails to remove all doubt.

Re: Op Ed
May 7, 2016, 12:01
Re: Op Ed May 7, 2016, 12:01
May 7, 2016, 12:01

And hence why the Steam review process works. Sure there are fire starters but the best reviews, far more often than not, work their way to the top and you can get an honest feel for whether the game is something you'll want to buy based on what you like.

Re: :) Birthday DOOM!
Dec 10, 2015, 13:03
Re: :) Birthday DOOM! Dec 10, 2015, 13:03
Dec 10, 2015, 13:03

She told me once and it made sense. I don't remember now. Something about long lunch breaks at multiple offices, needed something to do.

Re: Out of the Blue
Dec 10, 2015, 12:52
Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2015, 12:52
Dec 10, 2015, 12:52

Cool Story Bro Moment:

I met a pretty interesting girl at work and asked her out. She agreed, and over the course of dinner I disclosed that I was an avid gamer and really enjoyed games like Doom. She just nodded politely and we enjoyed the rest of the evening.

At the conclusion of our date as I walked her to her door, the following happened:

Her:"I have one favor to ask before you leave."
Me: "Ok, what's that?" *She begins to pull a Doom2 CD out of her purse*
Her: "Can you help me beat level 31? I just can't seem to figure it out."

We've been married 15 years.

Re: Thanksgiving Legal Briefs
Nov 26, 2015, 18:17
Re: Thanksgiving Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2015, 18:17
Nov 26, 2015, 18:17

I'm sorry but if it was good, they'd be able to commit people like this until it can be proven that their condition is treatable.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Sep 22, 2015, 12:33
Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 22, 2015, 12:33
Sep 22, 2015, 12:33

BobBob wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 12:15:
There will always be opportunists. Your tax money goes to a Congress that should be regulating this. Make them do their job.

This is one rare instance where I would respectfully disagree with you. The problem isn't regulation, it's manipulation by the government. The government has essentially restricted the supply of this drug (which is actually a direct violation of the Sherman Act) and has manufactured a crisis where none need exist. The only thing the government should be doing regulation wise is ensuring that all the vendors and supplies of this drug being imported are safe.

Again, this is a problem they could solve in a week by removing the equivalency laws, but it's not in their (politicians) best interest. And before anyone screams this party or that party, they all take money from BigPharma.

My wife is an auditor for a drug benefit broker for HMOs. You would not believe the shit the government writes into law to protect the monopolies BigPharma has in this country. It's disgusting.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Sep 22, 2015, 04:30
Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 22, 2015, 04:30
Sep 22, 2015, 04:30

This is not capitalism. You *could* make an argument for crony capitalism because the Federal government basically restricts the ability of anyone to compete with this piece of shit.

In an unfettered market driven world, you would see competitors pop up immediately in the face of such huge margins. But because of the equivalence code in drug distribution laws, you would need millions, possibly billions invested to meet the equivalency standard and be allowed to distribute this drug and compete. Instead of all this fucking nonsense you will hear from politicians about capping profits and price restrictions, they could solve the problem immediately by removing the equivalence code and allow overseas vendors to compete.

Both parties have created this problem, towing the line for their pals in Big Pharma creating de facto Medical monopolies with restrictions.

Re: Saturday Tech Bits
Aug 9, 2015, 12:55
Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 9, 2015, 12:55
Aug 9, 2015, 12:55

I was having lunch with a colleague the other day and he was telling me how the unemployment rate for tech workers in California is 1% which of course is impossible.

Especially considering Qualcomm just laid off 5000 workers, Edison just laid off 400, and I don't know how many from Disney just lost their jobs but I know they got offshored. These articles are just total bullshit. When I put up a helpdesk technician position, I get 100 resumes A DAY. So tell me how that's possible if everyone is working?

The truth is most IT workers are now underemployed or have already rolled off the BLS statistics metric because of the H1-B visa programs. Why hire Americans when you can hire overseas guys who will gladly come over here and work 100 hours a week for 10-15% less pay (what is legal)?

Re: Evening Interviews
Mar 31, 2015, 02:39
Re: Evening Interviews Mar 31, 2015, 02:39
Mar 31, 2015, 02:39

1. You can have one or the other but not mixture of both. He isn't standing up straw men, that's just a lazy retort to try and dismiss an argument you can't refute.

2. Left wing site claims oligarchy, therefore, oligarchy must exist. Oh sorry, Oligarchy trend.

3. You can thank the last 7 years of legislation for that. And for the record, it's not Capitalism that is crushing the shit out of the middle class. By the way, the poor in this country live, generally speaking, infinitely better than poor people anywhere else in the world. Poor people in other countries would sell their soul to be poor in America. You cannot eliminate poverty, there will always be people at the top and people at the bottom. It's a shame we take so much from the rich, that money used to go to non profits who would directly provide community benefit. Now it just gets pissed away by the government. And if anyone knows how to waste the shit out of money, it's them. It is an unequivocal fact that a true Capitalist system (which we no longer have), lifts more people out of poverty and gives more people opportunity than any other system ever created. What the fuck are they teaching you guys in school?

4. This is an absolute abortion of logic. Trickle down worked, or at least it sure as hell has worked better than wealth redistribution which hasn't done anything to repair the economy over the last seven years. Rich take their money and invest in new companies, reinvest in existing companies. The douche nozzles that the media loves to hold up for their opulence represent less than a hundredth of a percent of the world's population. How many rich people have their money sitting on the fucking sideline in mattresses? Who writes this shit? The worst part of these failed arguments is they just go ahead and assume that their trial balloon premises are facts. The widening gap between the rich and the poor has everything to do with progressive hands railroading their ideology down the country's throat (Bush/Obama). All the proof you need of this is to look at the distribution of TARP funds and their long term negative impact on the economy because it was all short term shit and NONE of it was invested with the idea to create wealth.

5. That's funny because for all my travels, nothing compares to America. I appreciate what this country is (or was) SO much more after traveling the world. Heavily socialized democracies are synonymous with tightly regulated lifestyles (enjoy your bike, bitch), VAT taxes out the ass ($23 for a margarita in Sweden), and controlled health care with limited availability to certain services, which by the way, are all starting to go bankrupt over there. Progressives will slurp at the altar of any study (usually weighted with bias) that shows how Europe has it better than us. Which of course they don't. For anyone who has traveled extensively, you can see first hand that 80% of those people live in glorified projects (in the cities) and depend on public transportation to go anywhere. That or you live on a farm. But hey, let's try to emulate THAT shit.

P.S. I watched Sesame Street
10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older