Limit Results:

28 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage
Dec 11, 2015, 12:43
Re: Modded Star Wars Battlefront 4K Footage Dec 11, 2015, 12:43
Dec 11, 2015, 12:43

Slick wrote on Dec 11, 2015, 10:54:
Maybe you should take armchair appraisals from random anons on the internet with a big fat grain of salt. Because it's quite obvious that he hasn't played it.

and no one else plays it ...

15,875 Peek PC players

it's eyecandy with no depth nor lasting PC player base ...

http://swbstats.com/

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown
Dec 1, 2015, 07:51
Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Dec 1, 2015, 07:51
Dec 1, 2015, 07:51

No need to fight or cry about it, at the time of this post Battlefront has 55K total players playing on all three platforms, it wont last past xmas even if they have a spike during the movie release. It peeks on PC at 25K players, its play time was shorter than Titanfall, put a fork in it, it's done.

http://swbstats.com/

Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
Oct 15, 2015, 08:24
Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 15, 2015, 08:24
Oct 15, 2015, 08:24

jdreyer wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 03:33:
InBlack wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 03:09:
Hello fellow Blues posters, and assorted mysterious aliases who only post in Starcitizen threads, it's amazing that no one has yet posted this:

Gary Oldman Interview with Sandi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTuhr_vzTEE

Please watch the first few minutes as Gary explains that this is completely new for him and that he's only ever done voice acting before, never something which he compares to acting on film. There is even behind the scenes footage of the studio where he, you guessed it, acts! Now please tell me how much of a salary he or the other actors would ask for wearing a mocap suit as well as assorted cameras all day for a few weeks?

Right, as an admiral, I assume we'll see him in some briefings and communications, not walking around the Stanton like most of the other characters. I'd be surprised if he had to work more than a couple of weeks.

I would say a week tops for a character like his, maybe a few days doing speech style MoCap as I'm sure he has several speech giving scenes and a few interaction scenes like what was shown in the behind the scenes interview and a day for body/head scans. But filming Mocap is nothing like filming a Hollywood blockbuster. Scene set up and re-shoots are done in mins not days like a movie. Its not like when re doing a scene the entire crew has to reset lighting, fixtures, cameras, etc. .. all the actors have to do is reset to their markers, listen to some direction form the director and then go again. 10 redos of a scene could be completed with in hours, not days.

Oh and I'm sure by his comments from the "incoming transmission" video that his character will return in later installments and that he does not die in the second mission.

Quick question for those who think they spent too much on MoCap and actors if say they spent 10 million (a gross estimate I have nothing to base on) and should have only spent say 5 million on. What does another 5 million for a better feature of the game (better actors) do to hurt the over all project if by what I read from so called none believers that this game cant be made anyways? If say 5 mill more wouldn't be able to help finish the game because they need way more funds than what they have, what does it matter if they have better actors if that back of the box tick brings in more players/funds? What else could in your opinion could/should they have spent said 5 million?

Oct 14, 2015, 13:10
Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 13:10
Oct 14, 2015, 13:10

Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 13:04:
... I'm not Derek Smart nor a "supporter" of his.

But you keep throwing up outlandish ideas and you talk in circles much like Mr. Smart does, it just make you come off as him or one of his supporters in every way possible. Even the way you post .. come look here! for proof ... check out this post! ... it all reads the same. Sorry if that hurts.

Oct 14, 2015, 12:54
Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 12:54
Oct 14, 2015, 12:54

Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 12:51:
$37 million was a "conservative estimated total". It's not meant to be the real number. It simply a guess based on what I believe each was paid for the amount of time and work between voice acting and MoCap.

You're more than welcome to share your own numbers.

Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 11:40:
Dreagon wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 11:09:
I wonder how much of that money they're wasting on big actors?

Figure about 4-5 million per A-List actor for 4 months of voice acting and MoCap performance.

- Gary Oldman (5 million)
- Mark Hamill (5 million)
- Mark Strong (5 million)
- Gillian Anderson (4 million)
- Andy Serkis (5 million)

Then about 500k - 2 million for B,C,D-List actors for the same work.

- Sophie Wu (1 million)
- Sandi Gardiner (500k)
- Craig Fairbrass (500k)
- Liam Cunningham (2 million)
- Ben Mendelsohn (2 million)
- Ian Duncan (500k)
- Jack Huston (2 million)
- John Rhys Davies (1 million)
- Rhona Mitra (1.5 million)
- Gemma Whelan (1 million)
- Harry Treadaway (1 million)

Conservative estimated total: $37,000,000

really? I would have to guess the total shoot of all actors more around 5 - 8 million (total) I'm sure the rental of the actual MoCap equipment and facility to be more than the actual actors salaries. but 37 million ... you are out of you mind if you truly think that. I would guess 15 - 20 million for everything would still be a very outlandish number. Here is an example from another AAA game GTA 5 high paied MoCap actor

The actor in question made $100,000 for his voice work and motion capture work, which took parts of 15 months. That seems like a rather reasonable fee ...

It's surprising that the NY Times would even play up that side of the story when even Hollick himself admits that the $1,050 per day fee he received was 50% higher than the union's negotiated rate. In other words, he was paid a premium for the work, making over $1,000/day (hardly a pauper's salary), got a ton of publicity for his work in the role ...

The A list actors most likely only worked and recorded for a week (max) while the rest of the MoCap and "acting" work was completed by professional MoCap actors, you know the jumping, diving wet work.

I just see another Derek Smart example of trying to throw more gas on a fire, when the fire doesn't exist.

Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship
Sep 30, 2015, 14:06
Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 14:06
Sep 30, 2015, 14:06

I dont think some of you morons remember that once, if, or whenever this game is released .. all this shit can be purchased in game with no real currency just like any other free to play mmo. Yes, this price tag is just plain retarded but again you'll be able to get this ship and any other highprice tagged item in game .. ya im sure after 100s of hours of grinding but it just follows all other cash grabbing mmos out there. So stop your bitching, do yourself a favor just like i have and dont give them a dime for anything until it is released, because jumping on a bandwagon (fanboy or haters) just shows you how ignorant you truly are.

Re: Todd Alderman Rejoins IW, Mark Rubin Departs
Mar 16, 2015, 21:06
Re: Todd Alderman Rejoins IW, Mark Rubin Departs Mar 16, 2015, 21:06
Mar 16, 2015, 21:06

goes to show you it's not about the game, but all about the money ...

Re: Out of the Blue
Feb 27, 2015, 11:19
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 11:19
Feb 27, 2015, 11:19

The dress comes in multi-colors and it shows that this is a stunt that has gone on too long (even to the length of showing up on a gaming news site). The dress in the 1st pic is most likely this version (or another gold and white color variation)

White Dress

even after over-exposure adjustments in photoshop (which I work in daily).

The 2nd dress the lady has on is the blue and black (dark blue) version of the same dress

Blue Dress

... move along, there is nothing more to see here ...

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2015, 11:32.
28 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older