16 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Apr 27, 2021, 17:47
IVIX1

Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2021, 17:47
Apr 27, 2021, 17:47
 IVIX1

Happy Anniversary and Best Wishes for many more!

Feb 24, 2021, 12:06
IVIX1

Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2021, 12:06
Feb 24, 2021, 12:06
 IVIX1

Thanks again for the news @ Blues News Team!

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Retail Refunds
Dec 19, 2020, 08:05
IVIX1

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Retail Refunds Dec 19, 2020, 08:05
Dec 19, 2020, 08:05
 IVIX1

All bumpy launch aside, CDPR is walking it back/owning up more than most companies would. I give credit where it's due there. Its nice to see them putting their refund availability where their mouth is. Not many companies Mea Culpa that fully to go along with PR updates. Good on them, and hopefully some of the affected peeps feel better about the situation.

Re: More Cyberpunk 2077 Fallout
Dec 17, 2020, 08:45
IVIX1

Re: More Cyberpunk 2077 Fallout Dec 17, 2020, 08:45
Dec 17, 2020, 08:45
 IVIX1

Cyberpunk Fallout as it were comes down to a few things (that most every game and online media generates these days).
1)Overly committed fans that seem to think a company is their friend
2)Modern media is ONLINE based, and ONLINE is a place where overly committed fans go ham on "listen to me", even if "listen to me after I bought and thought this company was my besty friend now Im mad at them" is what should be added to their comments.
3)Online media then cashing in on said reaction(need them clicks!) after the obvious version of the game(rushed due to corporate realities that EVERY company deals with, because they are companies with boards, NOT people with feelings commenting online). Cant blame the media for looking for clicks, because journalist need clicks(not all sites work that way, yes, but a majority are clickbaity nowadays).
IMO, We have a cycle of "write for clicks", and "consumers that think companies owe them something, when that is just not how this world works. And the cycle just goes around until articles get less clicks, or a new news cycle takes it over, or until the company has apologized for people's over anticipation enough for the customers to start thinking they're friends again. I dont think rational customers generate the cycle, but we do from time to time suffer from jumping on the blame wagon, as we are only human-(also imo).

• Cyberpunk will run fine on a PC that meets minimum specs, that has an end user that can update their drivers, bios, troubleshoot in a games settings or drivers settings, and/or read online guides to help them. Often times a game will run on below minimum spec'd machines if the end user can navigate/troubleshoot settings, etc.

• Cyberpunk will run fine on PC's without hardware issues that can cause IN-GAME problems, but many peeps somehow just blame at the game with no real understanding on the x,y,z's of pc hardware.

• Cyberpunk wont run fine, but it will run sluggish on fx8150/fx8350-like hardware that is in the old consoles.

That all said. Its on CDPR somewhat for not showing more of the old consoles footages before it came out. That seems rooted in reality that they should take SOME blame. But, in my mind, a person has to consider the Sonys and Microsofts of the world a little to blame as well, because every time a console comes out, they fill console gamers with "best pixels", "sooo advanced", etc etc etc about their new console box, to where the end customer has no real bases on reality that their console is actually an 7-8 year old cpu(sluggish even when new I had an 8150 for a bit and it was sadface for games) with a combined gpu that shares slow, and often little amounts of memory, with no good cooling solution.

Marketing can be blamed I think, but we are not in a vacuum so dont take marketing as reality EVER. If you're a consumer, its on you to know that you CHOOSE a product, and it isnt your friend.

This Online World of 2020 (and the future) is full of internet parrots, and while they're not bad people at all imo for parroting, they're definitely confused and dont bother to think it through themselves or research their particular problem vs what they can google or reddit search in 5 seconds. Low and behold we have fanboy army of console(scary to a company) players redditing, upvoting, downvoting and getting emotional with a product, and that combined with PC players that dont know technically where the blame is to their poorly running game, we end up with the "they" just google and come across first said complaint that sounds similar, and go ham on acting actually emotinoally or physically hurt...at a company...that is for profit. And seemingly the only way to feel good for some people is to jump on the "they vs me" bandwagon, and The cycle continutes.

im running an 8700 1080ti nvme walmart clearance special pc, with what i can only assume is a lackluster psu. Game runs good on last 2 nvidia drivers, but those drivers make my system unstable(literally the first time an nvidia driver has EVER done that for me through sli-980s, 1070ti laptop, 1070ti 4790k, and 4790 1080ti). The game looks great and has NO visual bugs at a mix of high-medium settings with the newer drivers, BUT my pc black screens when i switch between resolutions on my 2 screen setup with these drivers. If i roll back to drivers prior to the games launch my PC nvidia driver is once again stable af, but the game has visual aritifacts, and floating persistent trees at random places. So as much as i could JUMP ON THE OLE BANDWAGON and blame cdpr for that, I know from going back and forth and troubleshooting my drivers/pc over the years, that the actual cause is within the driver being funky for the game vs a driver being funky for my pc and fine in the game. I was a console player for years before PC, and I know the mindset because I've been there, so dont think that i think i'm better than anyone in any way(I just have a perspective from both sides). I just to see the the forests for the trees as it were.

TLDR. Its complicated, but on PC's we have the choice of hardware/software, and its on the end user to know how to use that software(and read specs) before they go throwing internet torches at gates. No company is our friend, even if peeps LOVE a game from them, that is just reality. and last, dont listen to prerelease hype and get mad when marketing materials and said hype lets you down... the hype is just like EVERY OTHER COMMERCIAL in life, its promotional, and isnt saying "you must buy our game", buying a game is always a choice, and we all know for years that commercials arent representitive of final product much at all.

**i have no idea how to use bullets without it spacing wierd, and i can't write a short thought. lol@self... and i do apologize the the inconvenience** **to be clear, Im really liking the game in spite of bumpy launch state, and cant wait to play it more when i have time!** I wish it had persistent music though a la Deus Ex. I've been running Deus Ex HR/MKD soundtrack in backround while i play it

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2020, 10:57.

Dec 14, 2020, 07:25
IVIX1

Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2020, 07:25
Dec 14, 2020, 07:25
 IVIX1

I felt the same about The Undoing. It started off with a lot of momentum, but (I) could feel where it was going and I gave in and just moved on. When i read how it concluded, I can see where you're coming from Blue.

If I could be so forward as to suggest a show or two, my biggest surprise maybe ever-(on showtime anyway) is a show called I'm Dying Up Here . WOW. It may feel a bit or even very-slow in the initial episode or two sure, but after it gets going, its just plain AMAZING and very much a diamond in the rough, imo. The performances, writing, setting, are all top quality, and as surprising as it is to me, its within my top three favorite shows ever and one that was also canceled too early (Deadwood and Rome being other favs). It starts a bit dark, or imo has real life grit, but its worth the time investment to give a few episodes. Its a *HIDDEN GEM*, I tried to not watch it for a while before giving it a try, it is a stellar show.

Another GEM, for those willing to do subtitles/dubbing, Babylon Berlin WITH dubbing-ON and yellow subtitles ...,(my top tip for all show watchers is yellow subtitles, as it contrasts much better at night, and with most shows and doesnt pop @ you quite like white on black box). Babylon Berlin starts dark and weird, and also a bit slow-ish, but with dubbing which is of stellar quality, and i believe dubbing voiced by (mostly) the actors that played the roles, the show is unique and one-off. The dubbing gives this noire feeling to the amazing setting, music, and visual effects. Also, the creepy dark intro is the best show intro music and presentation ever,imo. An intro that actually adds to the show very nicely. The creepiness of Babylon Berlins historicity and the feeling it evokes...unparalleled, and the intro captures and adds to it nicely.

I enjoy a good history-truth-laced-entertainment, and Babylon Berlin is amazing throughout, and has managed to stay pretty good even into season 3, a feat in itself with a lot of shows these days(imo).

Classic Courses is my favorite Amazon Video channel. Great stuff, and soo much variety too! BIG recommend checking out the free trial for that one! Amazon's free trials for many channels makes giving an episode or few an easy option.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Launches
Dec 9, 2020, 20:40
IVIX1

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Launches Dec 9, 2020, 20:40
Dec 9, 2020, 20:40
 IVIX1

Looks awesome, but no option to disable bright orange perma-waypoint is a refund for me. Unfortunate, I was sure there would be an option(especially with a minimap). Other than that with a1080ti and 8700(non k) and some video settings/driver-judo, it looked great and ran decent! Hope all enjoy! I'll be waiting for option and/or looking for a mod as soon as there is one for clearing that perma-dot off my screen.

*on the plus side* I did watch Johnny Mnemonic earlier, and fired up Virtuosity right after it while waiting for the game to unlock. I forgot how good of 90's Tech-Future Action-Fun these movies were! Good gaming to all!!

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2020, 20:52.

Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake Possibly Delayed
Dec 8, 2020, 12:50
IVIX1

Re: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake Possibly Delayed Dec 8, 2020, 12:50
Dec 8, 2020, 12:50
 IVIX1

Delays to make it like the original are well worth the wait!! I REALLY HOPE that Ubisoft doesn't zoom the FOV into console levels of close-sightedness for this title. The Sands of Time's scaling, and its zoom-in and zoom-out feature is one of the best aspects of the game for me. It (the scaling and zoomed out scale-feel) really gives a sense of expansive-area and LARGE-SPACE in both views. The basic grandeur of the sets/levels is something that isn't found much these days(imo) with scaling of games in-general being a different and more drawn-to-look-big and jumbo feel compared to the old expansive actual large-space-scaling of games like Sands of Time, Deus Ex 1, Thief 1,2, etc games. Yes, i know games aren't made structurally the same as they used to be, and that graphic fidelity seems to take weight over scaling closer to irl, which means this reply today is a maybe moot point, but I hold out a bit of "gamers-hope"(feel free to lol at that) for the breathtaking-like views and feel-of-large space more akin to real life. Yes, the Ubisoft engine is the Ubisoft engine, and most ubi games are on same or modified version of what they use for EVERY game, but I'm hoping this "remake" will have taken into account the grandeur of Sands of Time, and its large-set feel as part of an essential piece of the puzzle of remaking an old classic!

Nov 26, 2020, 15:25
IVIX1

Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2020, 15:25
Nov 26, 2020, 15:25
 IVIX1

Happy Thanksgiving Mrs. Blue and Blue and all the Blues News Crew! I very much appreciate Blues News's contribution my news each day, and do find it a place of good reads, interesting comments and discussion(most times), and always enjoy the quips, Mrs Blue's and your show recommendations(Band of Brothers, Ms Maisel), and especially the Deadwood and Rome talk throughout the years! Thanks again!! Happy Thanksgiving to all those that celebrate this day. Be Well to all!

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2020, 15:45.

Nov 24, 2020, 14:08
IVIX1

Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2020, 14:08
Nov 24, 2020, 14:08
 IVIX1

Or maybe they're just trippin' balls
Almost fell out of my chair just now laughing. Nice one Blue!

Re: Morning Consolidation
Nov 24, 2020, 14:00
IVIX1

Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 24, 2020, 14:00
Nov 24, 2020, 14:00
 IVIX1

The "Next Generation" moniker is a source of endless amusement to me. But then i talk to my console friends, and they literally think their hardware is state of the art relative to PC tech because its "next generation" as they've been told, and I have to inside a little bit.

Nov 22, 2020, 12:56
IVIX1

Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2020, 12:56
Nov 22, 2020, 12:56
 IVIX1

Happy Birthday Blue!!

Re: Project 007 Announced
Nov 19, 2020, 16:51
IVIX1

Re: Project 007 Announced Nov 19, 2020, 16:51
Nov 19, 2020, 16:51
 IVIX1

Please dont have "E" prompting the entire game, in the middle of the screen, if you have a beautiful environment this time IO. Ruined Hitman's vistas too much (imo). Though its the norm these days with "campaign by follow hud indicator" and "play by prompting", I hope for less button prompt clutter (once) past tutorial stages in every big game...

Re: Outage
Aug 5, 2020, 10:24
IVIX1

Re: Outage Aug 5, 2020, 10:24
Aug 5, 2020, 10:24
 IVIX1

With all the news you've provided Free Gratis, I feel like no apologizing is needed.

[url=]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SnKrdcOXmo[/url]

May 11, 2020, 11:23
IVIX1

Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2020, 11:23
May 11, 2020, 11:23
 IVIX1

The Baroque Cycle missing from that book list. A good-great read if you've some time!

Re: Into the Black
May 26, 2018, 01:14
IVIX1

Re: Into the Black May 26, 2018, 01:14
May 26, 2018, 01:14
 IVIX1

R.I.P. John Bain

Re: Evening Tech Bits
Jan 23, 2017, 21:44
IVIX1

Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 23, 2017, 21:44
Jan 23, 2017, 21:44