Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RedEye9

Real Name RedEye9   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RedEye9
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 21, 2014, 23:00
Total Comments 2528 (Senior)
User ID 58135

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed?
3. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed? Feb 19, 2017, 14:33 RedEye9

GinRummy wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 14:23:
is the "ti" version higher or lower specs than the version without?
"ti" versions are normally higher specced.
https://www.quora.com/What-does-Ti-mean-in-NVIDIA-GPUs

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2017, 14:25 RedEye9

dup  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2017, 14:19 RedEye9

Red Hawaiian Punch with rum is the only other beverage that can dissolve panties as fast as Zima. Gonna be getting laid in 2017. Woo Hoo

Just proves that everyone loves Calamari

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
43. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 19, 2017, 12:33 RedEye9

rawbelly wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 12:00:
Used Windows store to play the Astroneer trial. When the 60 min expired I bought it on Steam.
So the windows store does have a use. whoda thunkit

News Comments > Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve
31. Re: Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve Feb 19, 2017, 09:50 RedEye9

nin wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 20:54:
Hump wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 19:54:
Old Man Murray. Man those are great memories. Thats when gaming was truly exciting and every game announced was something to look forward to.
I still remember their review of Heavy Gear 2. The entire review was:
"An answer to a question no one asked."
Don't forget the whole "Crate Review System".

My favorite is still "Your Webmasters: Erik is the fat, girl-looking boy. Chet likes Ministry and not much else."
that just made my sunday. i was not fully human when omm was a thing so i missed out on it, but i'm much better now.

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2017, 10:01.

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping Windows XP and Vista
9. Re: Blizzard Dropping Windows XP and Vista Feb 18, 2017, 21:28 RedEye9

mram wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 21:12:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 20:54:
Windows XP, not only is it much more secure and less resource hungry but it's also faster than Windows 98 Second Edition and supports more devices than Windows 95. What's not to like.
Nope. Especially now.
Bear in mind that what you don't know can hurt you, and you'll never be notified about XP vulnerabilities. Why? Because it's not supported anymore.
The /sarcasm was automatically implied in my post and I thought it was impossible to miss, next time I will be sure to include it.

10. GTFOOH Feb 18, 2017, 21:11 RedEye9

penny arcade

6. Re: Blizzard Dropping Windows XP and Vista Feb 18, 2017, 20:54 RedEye9

Slashman wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 20:09:
Shok wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 19:58:
I run Windows XP and except for the occasional (weekly or so) malware infection it is great! Plus there is no built-in spyware, you get a few random infections but being in a botnet isn't all that bad.

Not sure if serious...
Windows XP, not only is it much more secure and less resource hungry but it's also faster than Windows 98 Second Edition and supports more devices than Windows 95. What's not to like.

1. Re: Blizzard Dropping Windows XP and Vista Feb 18, 2017, 17:48 RedEye9

Should not be a big deal.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2017, 17:39 RedEye9

BobBob wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 15:49:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 15:20:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 03:18:
Creston wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 00:42:
BobBob wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 18:58:
What the ... F

Can we also get a law that it's legal to hunt people who hunt bears?

Especially baby bears...
Tender, delicious baby bear meat burgers. Sign me up!

Ha. I hope you aren't serious.

I encountered a black bear in Alaska. I had to backtrack and I was lucky enough to meet some fellow hikers. We all talked loudly and made a lot of noise to keep the bear away. Definitely, an unforgettable experience.
I'm dead serious and I live by this motto "I eat everything with four legs except tables—and everything that flies except airplanes- and everything that swims in the river and the sea, except submarines.

Feeling the need for labradorable puppy pot pies.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2017, 15:20 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 03:18:
Creston wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 00:42:
BobBob wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 18:58:
What the ... F

Can we also get a law that it's legal to hunt people who hunt bears?

Especially baby bears...
Tender, delicious baby bear meat burgers. Sign me up!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 18, 2017, 15:16 RedEye9

That's true, modern corporate America has zero sense of humor. That's how Gilbert Gottfried lost his Aflac gig... Just another example of how they'll hire you for your pop culture influence (funny voice, etc.) while being completely oblivious to your actual personality. Gilbert is a FILTHY fucking comedian, lol, the tweets that did him in were child's play.

It is interesting though to see this battle play out now, between traditional media and a grassroots celebrity followed almost entirely by people who watch and read none of that shit.
In a series of Tweets that have subsequently been deleted from his page, GG wrote, “Japan is really advanced. They don’t go to the beach. The beach comes to them,” and “I just split up with my girlfriend, but like the Japanese say, ‘They’ll be another one floating by any minute now.'” He followed up on those gems with, “Japan called me. They said “maybe those jokes are a hit in the US, but over here, they’re all sinking.”
That didn’t go over well with the folks at Aflac, which does a significant chunk of its business in Japan. The company released this statement: “Gilbert’s recent comments about the crisis in Japan were lacking in humor and certainly do not represent the thoughts and feelings of anyone at Aflac… There is no place for anything but compassion and concern during these difficult times.”

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
22. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 13:11 RedEye9

Combat looks great. More Mass Effect universe is a good thing, can't wait.  

26. Re: Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve Feb 18, 2017, 12:41 RedEye9

Slashman wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 11:51:
Cutter wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 11:39:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 03:07:
I'm saying make sure your best talent has a good reason to stay.

Yeah, it's called profit sharing. They obviously didn't want to be there to begin with. So they made enough to get out and do what they really want instead and what's wrong with that? Why should they have any loyalty to a corporate master who'd drop them like a hot potato the moment the stock takes a bit of a dip? They owe their employer nothing. Giving people a reason to stay is called ownership. Just look at employee owned companies like Winco. Turnover isn't a problem. You have a real slave mentality, you know that.

Is Valve a publicly shared company?
Being beholden to idiot shareholders would be the absolute worst thing for Valve and gamers in general. Luckily Valve is not a publicly traded company.

25. Re: Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve Feb 18, 2017, 12:38 RedEye9

Wesp5 wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 03:44:

Didn't Marc Laidlaw leave earlier already? Seems another hint that Valve doesn't care about serious game development anymore! Now it's all about trying to get a headstart in the VR business, payed by their Steam monopoly which gives them free money from the actual games others create anyway...
Yes, Marc Laidlaw retired.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 18, 2017, 12:28 RedEye9

Beamer wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 11:34:
WSJ did not take anything out of context. At all.

They said he made anti-Semitic jokes and that he showed Nazi imagery. Which he did. Did you even read the article? The article also featured his defense, as "just jokes," and reached out to him for comment, which he declined.

The article was about how Influencers are less predictable than other people paid to endorse. And this also seems true. And yes, there's nuance behind the jokes, but the nuance does not matter to advertisers, as it's impossible for them to explain the nuance to every single customer, so just better for them to avoid paying people who require nuance to promote their products.

They never once called Pew Die Pie a Nazi, it's just you people cannot read.
Donnies tweets are almost too long for his clueless supporters, you know, because, reading.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 17, 2017, 19:07 RedEye9

GothicWizard wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 18:58:
But.. but.. emails! oh that's right.. double standard. My bad.
That was back when we had a foreigner muslim as president.
At least now we got a red-blooded tweeting fool with a russian prostitute bride. Now we are great, again.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 17, 2017, 18:05 RedEye9

Two US senators have raised major concerns with the issue that president Donald Trump still uses his old, insecure Android smartphone.

Reports have been circling since he took office that Trump prefers using the device to the highly secure government-issued device he was given on taking office. This has led many to claim the device is likely compromised and effectively a listening device for any spy agency that has access to the unit.

But donny tweeted that it's safe. what a dipshit.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2017, 17:44 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 17:15:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 12:41:
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. This wasn't some kid, he is 24 years old. Unless he has some mental condition which reduces his capacity to act like an adult it would seem a criminal conviction is not out of line.

Yeah I don't have a problem with the punishment the judge handed down. I was more remarking on how having a criminal record continues to punish people *after* they've served their time. It makes it hard for people to reintegrate with society. Maybe it should be expunged after a certain amount of time. Like a couple of years for a crime like this, but never for murder, for example.
You gotta create lotsa felons so you can have a cheap labor force, something about the rich get richer, it's been that way for as long as I can remember.

72. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 17, 2017, 16:26 RedEye9

Rigs wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 15:23:
Verno wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 14:42:
Yeah I don't have time to read or respond to all of that.

You had time to read the entire thread yet not enough to read my three paragraphs? Inquisitive

Okay...
You can be quite verbose and it's so much easier to just post versus reading posts.

2528 Comments. 127 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo