6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community
Sep 9, 2014, 04:34
Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 9, 2014, 04:34
Sep 9, 2014, 04:34

Cutter wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 17:30:
Overon wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 17:25:
Has anyone noticed that when someone complains and one does not agree with the complaint, it's characterized as "whining". It's only "whining" when you disagree. I have a different perspective. I'm tired of the drama as well. However, just because I'm tired of it, and doesn't and shouldn't prevent others from talking about it. Just as I would not want to stop people from describing complaints they do not like as "whining," I don't want to stop the people who are complaining either. I say my approach is pretty even handed. The way you fight bad speech is with more speech.

No, there's a difference between a legitimate gripe and whining. There's been far too much whining from a lot of no-name, supposed, game developers of late. Do you hear Spector, Meir, etc. bitching? No. No one is forcing them to do the work that they do or even interact with the public. Yet they do, and they constantly piss and moan about it. Oh poor them, they're so hard done by. Fuck them and the whiny nags they rode in on. I see a lot of Mexican migrant workers around where I live. These guys work like dogs for peanuts and you don't hear a peep out of them. So fuck these self-entitled assholes. Don't like it, go do something else.

Spector and Meir as game developers...lol, haven't been for a long time, bud. A long, long, long time.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Sep 9, 2014, 03:29
Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 9, 2014, 03:29
Sep 9, 2014, 03:29

Grokk wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 21:05:
I'd really have to question whether 10Mbps was enough to be classified as broadband. If you're watching anything streamed in HD then 4Mbps is going to bawk and shit itself constantly.
With the changes Youtube made to the way stuff streams a couple years ago it's just about impossible to even buffer half a video so you don't get lagged to crap trying to watch it.

I'm not sure what the US calls it, but ADSL1 here in Australia goes up to 8Mbps, while ADSL2 is up to ~20.
I'm just thankful I live in a part of Melbourne where I can get 100mb cable internet.

Your ISP just sucks, then. I lived on 4 Mbps for for years until a few months ago; Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, all that junk, worked perfectly.

Re: Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Ship Customization Video
Sep 9, 2014, 03:27
Re: Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Ship Customization Video Sep 9, 2014, 03:27
Sep 9, 2014, 03:27

Glad Steam does the free promotions. With the deluge of alpha/beta crap on there, "early-access" just turned into "pay to test".

Re: Out of the Blue
Sep 9, 2014, 03:08
Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 03:08
Sep 9, 2014, 03:08

Prez wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 02:40:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 22:37:
Really Prez? Wow.

Ray Rice's reaction says it all, knocks out a woman with a punch, and doesn't react at all. Just stands there and looks at her body. I'm guessing it wasn't the first time.

Her behavior was awful. That is undeniable. The fact that Rice's behavior was even more awful doesn't change that. Why that deserves the exclamation "wow" is beyond me. Rice's punishment for his action is just, but nothing being said about her violence towards him sends the wrong message. When the only take-away from this is that hitting women is bad (which it is obviously, but I fall in the category of thinking all violence with few exceptions is bad), I feel the need to point out the bad behavior that goes unnoticed for a little balance I guess. Hitting anyone out of anger is bad, but apparently she gets a pass for continuously hitting him simply because she happens to lack the ability to cause him serious harm. If you get "She deserved it!" out of that it is because of you interpreting what I said through your own personal bias, not because it is true. I don't believe that at all. I would just like people to be consistent - violence is wrong regardless of who the perpetrator of it is.

Nope. Violence as exercised to the extent it does enough to extricate a person out of a dangerous situation is not "wrong". However, I do agree that going beyond what is called for is wrong.

Re: Op Ed
Sep 9, 2014, 02:50
Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 02:50
Sep 9, 2014, 02:50

Anyone taking bets when the SJWs get bored and tired themselves out with this?

Re: Op Ed
Sep 9, 2014, 02:47
Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 02:47
Sep 9, 2014, 02:47

Quboid wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 15:04:
None of those are RPS. It was phrased badly but "gamers are over" wasn't attacking gaming culture, it was attacking bullying and bigotry in gaming. Nothing has proven their point more than the response.

Bullying and bigotry. LOL. Well, SJW is synonymous with getting offended over nothing or, failing that, finding things to be offended about.

Same difference in the end. SJW applies perfectly.
6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older