Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Rectal Prolapse

Real Name Rectal Prolapse   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On August 13, 2014
Founding Supporter Bronze, since February 24, 2020
Total Comments 173 (Novice)
User ID 58068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2020, 21:52  Rectal Prolapse 

I stopped watching Picard after episode 4. Too boring. However, I may pick it up again after hearing good reviews even from "non-left-wing" (using air quotes here because they would have been considered far-left 20 years ago) people - apparently the show gets way better after the half-way point and was worth the slog through the mediocre first half.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 18, 2020, 18:43  Rectal Prolapse 

It seems that the article was updated - allegedly the medical company didn't actually make threats?  

News Comments > Steam and CS:GO User Records Topped Again

5. Re: Steam and CS:GO User Records Topped Again Mar 15, 2020, 15:41  Rectal Prolapse 

How much is enough?  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2020, 17:48  Rectal Prolapse 

Jason calls off Friday the 13th activities due to coronavirus.  

News Comments > DiRT Rally 2.0 GotY Edition This Month

1. Re: DiRT Rally 2.0 GotY Edition This Month Mar 12, 2020, 01:25  Rectal Prolapse 

I couldn't find pricing anywhere. Currently, Dirt Rally 2.0 is on sale on steam now. On the other hand, it goes on sale pretty regularly.  

News Comments > Morning Patches

27. Re: Morning Patches Mar 9, 2020, 22:23  Rectal Prolapse 

Those people who can only play Arkham Knight through Epic are screwed. RIP.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2020, 23:08  Rectal Prolapse 

I can make the roaring sound and pop my eustachian tubes at the same time, with the same muscle.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2020, 00:46  Rectal Prolapse 

Cutter wrote on Feb 29, 2020, 15:41:
Really? Wow! Any idea where you acquire it? Street vendors? The water maybe? Because all these shows - and stuff on Youtube - of people eating in Mexico, India, what have you, no one ever seems to get sick. The prevailing logic being that if people get sick because of your food you're going to go broke fast because no one will eat it.

I caught it at one of the all-inclusive resorts (I was avoiding salads but I am pretty sure the fruit smoothies got me - a worker may have not washed their hands after handling meat before mixing the drinks). My wife caught it on the next trip at a wedding reception - everyone who got sick ate the pasta. Lucky for me I wasn't in a pasta mood that night. Or maybe it was the soup at one of the (highly rated) restaurants. Who knows?

My father used to get sick all the time - then he built up an immunity on his 4th or 5th trip.

Many Canadians go to Mexico frequently so they probably built up immunities. Otherwise, everyone in Mexico would be sick all the time haha.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 29, 2020, 18:03  Rectal Prolapse 

Cutter wrote on Feb 29, 2020, 15:41:
I was kinda thinking Mexico - especially after watching that Taco documentary on Netflix, and some other shows like Somebody Feed Phil and Rick Bayless and how much good food there is down there. I'd like to check out Oaxaca too. But as resorts go, any recs? One of the guys at the pub last night said the Mayan Riviera (?) is pretty sweet.

I don't really have a good suggestion for you - every time I go to Mexico either myself or my SO get massive food poisoning and end up out of commission for 3 to 4 days. Whatever you decide, bring *lots* of Imodium. At least a 12 pack. You may need to pop them like crack to minimize the projectile diarrhea.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2020, 16:27  Rectal Prolapse 

Hopefully Jedi doesn't have diabetes and it's just behavioral.

BTW I know people who literally have to use the toilet every 45 minutes. I am pretty sure it is behavioral, because one time I was a bit too close to the wall of said washroom, and I only hear a dribble for a few seconds before the flush.

I will never go on any kind of vacation with those people. It ain't worth losing 30 minutes out of every hour waiting on them.

13. Re: Handwashing Feb 20, 2020, 18:45  Rectal Prolapse 

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 20, 2020, 17:24:
Rectal Prolapse wrote on Feb 20, 2020, 17:11:
Any idea why they would do that? If I were running that hospital these people would be fired and banned form ever working with sick people again... even I, someone doing IT, wash my hands 10 seconds for soap and 10 seconds for rinsing... it's fucking BASIC COMMON SENSE no?

Blegh
A Qualitative Exploration of Reasons for Poor Hand Hygiene Among Hospital Workers: Lack of Positive Role Models and of Convincing Evidence That Hand Hygiene Prevents Cross-Infection

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 20, 2020, 18:28  Rectal Prolapse 

Hmmm this is a more recent study. A bit different than the one I remember, but still abysmal:
Study shows hospital hand hygiene rates may be worse than reported
But compliance rates fell from more than 90 percent to 30 percent when the human auditors were relieved by automated surveillance, creating infection risks for patients, the study's authors said.

The researchers compared human and automated methods of surveillance in an Australian teaching hospital over a period of two years. Automated surveillance consisted of hand hygiene dispensers at sinks and bedsides recording hand hygiene by touch, while human surveillance was direct observation of healthcare workers by human auditors.

8. Re: Handwashing Feb 20, 2020, 17:11  Rectal Prolapse 

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 20, 2020, 16:51:
I doubt they polled bars an hour before closing time. Alcohol may screw with the numbers.

Heh - and nightclubs too!

Remember the studies they did at (Western) hospitals? They even tried automated handwashing systems, with cameras all around. Even when the nurses/doctors knew about the cameras, they still gamed the system by *pretending* to scrub and wash for 20 seconds.

This comment was edited on Feb 20, 2020, 18:32.

5. Re: Handwashing Feb 20, 2020, 16:33  Rectal Prolapse 

Huh, that handwashing article is extremely America-centric. Those numbers look good to me - better than expected even! The gender gap seems pretty small. But then again, I travelled around the world. Outside of North America is...not good.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

1. Re: Mourning Tech Bits Feb 20, 2020, 16:19  Rectal Prolapse 

Finally, another use for gutter oil!  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding

3. Re: Mourning Crowds Feb 20, 2020, 16:13  Rectal Prolapse 

This seems more about the old fashioned class warfare stuff. Cutter didn't read again!  

News Comments > Morning Previews

1. Re: Morning Previews Feb 18, 2020, 18:06  Rectal Prolapse 

Cars? I clicked on it and it was talking about....cards.  

28. Re: Patreon Feb 12, 2020, 15:34  Rectal Prolapse 

As a Canadian, $3 USD /month is about $4 CDN - about the cost of lunch if I make it at home hehe. That's the most I would pay (I already support another worthy site).

Tiers is probably unneccessary - unless you really want a lot of work dealing with merchandising!

19. Re: Poor coyote Jan 22, 2020, 17:01  Rectal Prolapse 

I wonder if those people that got the rabies shots went broke. I immediately thought of this story from VOX:
VOX going ape over rabies shots.

173 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >