User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

24 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Chris Avellone No Longer Contributing to Dying Light 2 or Bloodlines 2 After
Jun 23, 2020, 18:44
Re: Chris Avellone No Longer Contributing to Dying Light 2 or Bloodlines 2 After Jun 23, 2020, 18:44
Jun 23, 2020, 18:44

Beamer wrote on Jun 23, 2020, 18:11:
No one seems to really be harassing him.
The fear seems overblown.

You are actually right dude. I thought this was a joke until I clicked. People are standing up for him... all of the people are standing up for him. I'm surprised, but if you think about it, this guy is responsible for some of our favorite shit. I actually dislike that apology he wrote. It made him sound like he is running for freaking political office. How is this guy fired from literally all his gigs before any chance to defend himself?

If you look at the accusations against Angry Joe yesterday people are standing up for him too. Like him or hate him Joe is the first person I've seen stand up for himself and get legal help before he starts apologizing for nonsense.

Re: Chris Avellone No Longer Contributing to Dying Light 2 or Bloodlines 2 After
Jun 23, 2020, 13:12
Re: Chris Avellone No Longer Contributing to Dying Light 2 or Bloodlines 2 After Jun 23, 2020, 13:12
Jun 23, 2020, 13:12

You have already been canceled. Too bad so sad. I didn't even read the wrong quote but Its enough for me to hope you get fired from your job before any actual proof comes out.

Re: Metro Exodus on Steam
Feb 16, 2020, 19:05
Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 16, 2020, 19:05
Feb 16, 2020, 19:05

I never finished the game because of a stupid flashlight bug that's tied to your vehicle in the sand area. Legend has it they still haven't fixed it. This was the first game I couldn't complete because of a bug.

Re: Metro Exodus: The Two Colonels Released
Aug 20, 2019, 21:14
Re: Metro Exodus: The Two Colonels Released Aug 20, 2019, 21:14
Aug 20, 2019, 21:14

Legend has it all the devs that worked on this game actually died. The flashlight bug will haunt us till the ends of time. I will pass on this DLC, and every new product they put out. Fix your garbage game.

Re: Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows
Oct 25, 2018, 17:31
Re: Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows Oct 25, 2018, 17:31
Oct 25, 2018, 17:31

This is confusing. I have been paying 10 bucks monthly for gamepass on windows since sea of thieves released. I don't own an xbox. What am i missing here? EDIT: thats a lie, I have been playing since dead rising 4 (christmas one).

Re: PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters
Oct 2, 2018, 22:28
Re: PUBG Bans a Nation's Worth of Cheaters Oct 2, 2018, 22:28
Oct 2, 2018, 22:28

These numbers are insane and they are all for PC. When it's stated that fort nite has higher player count than pubg, where do we get those stats from? If they have more concurrent players, why not tell us how many?

Re: Metro Exodus Ray Tracing Trailer
Sep 18, 2018, 21:04
Re: Metro Exodus Ray Tracing Trailer Sep 18, 2018, 21:04
Sep 18, 2018, 21:04

Man, this tech does not show off very well. Don't get me wrong, this game looking like it's going to be really fun and it looks great already. The tomb raider demo was a joke when they unveiled these new cards.

With that said one gaming moment I will never forget was in Metro Last Light in the subway tunnel when you are forced off the rail car and run into the spiders. That was some shit i'll never forget and I can't wait to see what they do with this.

Re: Halo Infinite PC Details
Sep 18, 2018, 20:57
Re: Halo Infinite PC Details Sep 18, 2018, 20:57
Sep 18, 2018, 20:57

We already knew this was coming to PC. All first party titles will be released "play anywhere". PC is still waiting for the Halo5 or Masterchief collection release. Even recently there was something in the MS Store showing MC Collection for PC but i think that was a mistake. Can we get a straight answer on this?

Re: Rank is so broken....
Aug 6, 2016, 03:32
Re: Rank is so broken.... Aug 6, 2016, 03:32
Aug 6, 2016, 03:32

Your friend is probably very good. This, however, is not a normal story, so don't even think this will be the case for anyone other than your friend. Your rank depends on your ability to win games, which depends on your teams ability to win rounds. Solo queue is all I have ever played from rank 65 to rank 33 (rank 33 currently). When you play solo, you lose. Most teams do extremely well on defense, and fail miserably at the offense. It's just a fact. Some people can offset this with skill and or alternating quick play/competitive play. The average player cannot and will not win in solo queue games on average. Your friend is probably not being completely honest. However, i would say When your that good, you meet people as good or better than you and you tend to make friends pretty quick.

Re: Steam Game Bans
Apr 30, 2015, 14:00
Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 14:00
Apr 30, 2015, 14:00

Verno wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 13:26:
dizave wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 13:17:
"People are worried about the potential abuse of this and cited examples like War Z where users would be unfairly banned through no fault of their own. I don't know why you're confused, everyone seems pretty straight forward in this thread, I would re-read it."

That is the entire argument dude. I'm worried some douche will run a red light and plow into my car on my way to work. I'm worried a police officer will pull me over for no reason. I'm worried the server at my favorite restaurant will spit in my food. I'm worried because I might be banned in my favorite video game because they are trying to prevent cheating.

If it happens then lets complain on bluesnews. Just because it CAN happen is no reason to get our collective panties in a bunch.

"complain on bluesnews" seems to be the focus here from you, not the topical content. This is a discussion board and people will discuss the news, sometimes its positive and sometimes its negative. You seem to think people are jumping up and down angry when all I read is some people expressing legit concerns. One person made a comment about switching to GOG, that's about as extreme as its gotten here. So maybe you're the one who needs to chill out a bit.

I don't really see a point in clamming up about something either, if anything as we learned with the paid mod thing a few days ago, companies do listen to feedback and it can change their policies. I have no problem with them enabling devs to ban cheaters, all I'm looking for is a method of resolving it in case of a dispute and maybe a little more clarification on the particulars. That's not exactly unreasonable. If you want to wait and ignore this then go ahead, peoples comments here don't impact you in any way.

You are right, i blew up when I saw certain comments and that caused me to post more aggressively then I would normally. I apologize. My point still stands, however. How many times have you had a dispute with a developer because they thought you were cheating? This kind of thing does not happen to 99% of us. Naming a fraud of a release like WarZ is just silly. Give me an actual example of a specific time YOU specifically were wronged because a developer was trying to prevent cheating. This kind of stuff never happens. If it does, they will correct it. You are arguing for the sake of arguing. Either way, I apologize if I offended you previously.

Apr 30, 2015, 13:17
Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 13:17
Apr 30, 2015, 13:17

"People are worried about the potential abuse of this and cited examples like War Z where users would be unfairly banned through no fault of their own. I don't know why you're confused, everyone seems pretty straight forward in this thread, I would re-read it."

That is the entire argument dude. I'm worried some douche will run a red light and plow into my car on my way to work. I'm worried a police officer will pull me over for no reason. I'm worried the server at my favorite restaurant will spit in my food. I'm worried because I might be banned in my favorite video game because they are trying to prevent cheating.

If it happens then lets complain on bluesnews. Just because it CAN happen is no reason to get our collective panties in a bunch. Specially when they are TRYING to fix a legit issue.

Apr 30, 2015, 12:56
Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 12:56
Apr 30, 2015, 12:56

Dude I realize my comment was over the top but i'm just so confused. Every game I have ever been hardcore into has been ruined when i realized the amount of people cheating. Youtube reveals the hidden truth and its so frustrating. There are websites where you can pay actual money for software that allows you to cheat. I mean, I understand it. I understand why one might want to use video games to learn or advance their programming skills etc. But, don't shit on valve for trying to prevent this because there is a potential for abuse before said abuse actually is an issue.

Apr 30, 2015, 12:24
Re: Steam Game Bans Apr 30, 2015, 12:24
Apr 30, 2015, 12:24

The bluesnews commentators are completely out of touch. I don't belive any of you actually play games. You all just like to complain about anything and everything. Valve makes an effort to kick douche bags off my servers and all you have to say is "im worried this power will be abused"? WTF is wrong with you? If Valve decides to start banning legit players then we can get upset. But any effort to prevent you from wall hacking or aim boting in the games I paid for is fan fucking tastic. Anyone that thinks any different is either part of the problem and should go back to ISIS. Get the fuck out of my games so I can enjoy them they way they are indented to be played.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2015, 12:40.

Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
Feb 26, 2015, 20:23
Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 20:23
Feb 26, 2015, 20:23

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 19:40:
Kind of weird to see the difference of opinions on here and elsewhere. I would have figured this to be a resounding victory but it seems a lot of comments here treat this as 'bad' or 'meh' at best.

People seem to be as passionate about wanting 'net neutrality' as they are suspicious of the government.

I'm fairly confident that everybody posting here is for the basic idea of net neutrality. The main issue is the FCC's definition is over 300 pages long. Nobody knows what was passed, with the exception of the few bullet points Wheeler gave to the media.

It's hard to be passionate one way or another when we really don't know.

If you want to watch one of the best, funny explanations of what we do know about net neutrality, watch John Oliver's explanation.

[url=]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbOEoRrHyU[/url]

Re: Diablo III Season 2 Begins
Feb 14, 2015, 22:11
Re: Diablo III Season 2 Begins Feb 14, 2015, 22:11
Feb 14, 2015, 22:11

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 21:46:
You haven't had to play the story since the expansion came out and they introduced Adventure mode. Thank jeebus.

Also, you must have missed the part of Blizzcon when they revealed all the stuff that was put out in 2.1.2 and will continue coming in 2.2 and beyond, including the new sets (another for Wizard they want to compete with Firebird, btw) and a whole new area attached to Act 3 on the map, the Barbarian city of Sescheron. Well, it's ruined now, since it was destroyed in Diablo 2, but still. AFAIK they're still planning on another full-size expansion, too.

The purpose of adventure mode is to get your ring of royal grandeur. After that, whats the point? There is no point when I have the set items for my class. Give me more reasons to play with new legendary items and content and I will play. I feel like your arguing for the sake of arguing. Why would you not want more things to do in a fun game?

Re: Diablo III Season 2 Begins
Feb 14, 2015, 20:34
Re: Diablo III Season 2 Begins Feb 14, 2015, 20:34
Feb 14, 2015, 20:34

It's become clear to me that Bliz has basically abandoned D3. There was no news about anything D3 at Blizcon. It seems they have moved most of their resources to other projects. Once you max a character out there is 0 reason to start another one. Whats the purpose of leveling multiple wizards if the end game is each of them have the exact same skills and only one viable set of equipment. Giving me the chance to get several new legendaries or time trials etc, is no reason to play the same story again for the 200th time. Sucks because D3 is one of the most fun games I have ever played.

Re: 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed
Feb 8, 2015, 19:04
Re: 3GB Evolve Day One Patch Detailed Feb 8, 2015, 19:04
Feb 8, 2015, 19:04

jdreyer wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 16:05:
walrus1 wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 15:07:
Normally I agree with you. However, when your day one patch isnt a couple hundred MBs but is 3 GBs something has gone very wrong bug testing wise. I'm fine with them fixing bugs and making minor tweaks in a day one patch but when your patch is 3 GB you're making major changes to the game that should have been made before the game went gold. Which is exactly what Evolve just did.

Could just be the case that the game was not built in a modular fashion, thus something as small as fixing a misspelling requires a 3GB patch.

Remember back in the day when we used to see on Bluesnews "x game has gone GOLD!" Devs used to work on games until they were finished to their standards. Skip to 2015. We don't usually see announcements like this anymore. As games get more expensive to produce, publishers try to set a realistic date for the devs to finish development for various finnancial/advertising/etc reasons. As the date gets closer to release, the devs realize that they need more time. Rather than delay, the devs send what they have to the publisher so they can do their own QA/production/etc. This gives the devs a month-ish to actually finish the game as best they can. Hence, day one patch.

Re: Dying Light Steam Preloads
Jan 25, 2015, 16:22
Re: Dying Light Steam Preloads Jan 25, 2015, 16:22
Jan 25, 2015, 16:22

DangerDog wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 14:51:
They created the animations for your hands at 60fov, even if you do find a work around you'll have to deal with clipping issues.

Is it confirmed that there's no FOV adjustment?

I dont think the devs have confirmed this, but i can tell you that every prior Dead Island release was lacking a FOV adjustment. You could make changes to the FOV via command line or Dead Island Helper app developed by some dude in the community. The game looked even better in my opinion forcing the FOV to 85/90. No clipping, but your hands and weapon got kinda tiny, however.

Dead Island series extremely underrated in my opinion. Watching all the gameplay videos, Dying Light literally looks like Dead Island with a vertical aspect that was missing from all previous games. Cant wait.

Re: Op Ed
Dec 12, 2014, 14:14
Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 14:14
Dec 12, 2014, 14:14

Please stop posting articles like this Blue. Between kotaku's gamer gate nonsense and this, its annoying the shit out of gamers that just love gaming. I've been coming here for 10+ years because i love your content and the community of actual gamers. There will always be keyboard warrior types whom want to give their uneducated opinions on any subject websites like polygon post. We don't need it reported on here. The truth is, none of this criticism was given in their review of GTA5. They said it was amazing and the bridge to the future of gaming. That review was posted on 9-16-13. Did the game not have these "misogynist" undertones when it was released? WTF changed in a year? We all know the answer. Articles like this are insulting to the 99.5% of gamers that love to play games like GTA5 in addition to loving their mommies, wives, girlfriends, sisters, hookers, puppies, and rainbows. Keep this shit off my bluesnews please.

Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with
Aug 19, 2014, 14:12
Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 14:12
Aug 19, 2014, 14:12

You guys are some whiny nerds. Wah fuck Crytek. They only put out like one game that changed FPS gaming in Farcry. They barley set a benchmark for graphics quality in their Crysis series. They have the nerve to release their games on console so other gamers can enjoy them? Those assholes. The truth is the PC industry and gamers needs companies like Crytek. The games they put out push consumers to upgrade hardware and entertain the shit out of me. You haters are some of the strangest nerds i've ever seen. You hate video games yet you are part of a community that's supposed to love them. Get the hell off the bluesnews community and go back to playing your magic the gathering neeerrrrds!
24 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older