Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nullity

Real Name Nullity   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nullity
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 6, 2014, 16:57
Total Comments 234 (Novice)
User ID 58038

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
11. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 16, 2018, 12:52 Nullity

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 01:50:
Listen if they are going to die by "Guns don't kill people" then how can you say the bullet that came from a real gun was sent by a video game. If the gun ain't guilty, no logical way you can just to the video game.

Logic has nothing to do with it, and is their true enemy. The only goal this bag-of-dicks has is to deflect attention away from guns. It's not even about video games, that was just the excuse the GOP's wheel-o-bullshit landed on this time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Steam Wishlist Changes and Lunar New Year Sale Feb 16, 2018, 12:49 Nullity

Saboth wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 22:27:
How can any intelligent person support these clowns?
They don't. They are only supported by other unintelligent clowns. Unfortunately, the US has a large enough population of unintelligent clowns to make you question reality itself.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 16, 2018, 12:26 Nullity

EDIT: nevermind  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2018, 12:10 Nullity

Gamer claims he found a tumor in his hand thanks to the Switch's HD Rumble

Lol (at my stupidity, not his cancer). I originally took that as meaning the rumble *caused* the tumor in his hand.

Always read the article, kids.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: 3Dfx History: The GPU's Great Turning Point Feb 15, 2018, 19:32 Nullity

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 17:02:
Nullity wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 13:01:
I remember when I got my first 3D graphics card - it was a 3DFX Voodoo Rush. It was the first card that was both 2D and 3D in one, instead of needing separate cards with a pass-through cable.

It was 3DFX's first card, the Rendition cards were there well before and competitive.
Yeah, sorry I wasn't clear, that's what I meant.

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 15, 2018, 17:47:
Combo cards kinda sucked (at first). Anyone who really cared about image quality usually had a Matrox Millennium for 2D/desktop and one or two (SLI) 3Dfx Voodoo 1 or 2 for 3D.
Yeah, it was a little slower than the Voodoo 1, but if I remember correctly, not by too much. I wasn't aware of that fact when I bought it though, I just preferred a single card.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: 3Dfx History: The GPU's Great Turning Point Feb 15, 2018, 13:01 Nullity

I remember when I got my first 3D graphics card - it was a 3DFX Voodoo Rush. It was the first card that was both 2D and 3D in one, instead of needing separate cards with a pass-through cable. When I bought it, the big game I had just started playing was Quake 2, and it was the first thing I fired up after installing the card.

Holy. Shit. It was like I had been blind my whole life and now I could miraculously see. The resolution, the colors, the effects - I couldn't believe the difference. I switched back and forth from software rendering to Glide a couple times to make sure it was real. I called my best friend at the time, who also played Quake 2 (no 3D card), to tell him about it. I couldn't really put it into words, and I just stammered "Dude...duuuude...DUDE! Get over here now, you gotta see this. *click*".

When he arrived, I told him to sit down at the computer and fire up Quake 2. He just kinda shrugged and gave me a weird look, but he did. After it finished loading, his jaw fell to the floor, and he jumped out the chair like someone just tried to sneak their thumb up his ass. He just looked at me and motioned to the screen like that Captain Picard "WTF" meme. He wasn't as into computers as I was at the time, so after I explained what was going on, he immediately went out and bought the same card. I even had to loan him a few bucks so he could afford it.

There's been plenty of "wow" moments over the years with new technology and software techniques, but none of it holds a candle to my first experience with a 3DFX Voodoo card.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves System Requirements
12. Re: Sea of Thieves System Requirements Feb 13, 2018, 13:14 Nullity

This is the amount of info every dev/publisher needs to give when announcing system requirements.  

News Comments > David Brevik Announces It Lurks Below
3. Re: David Brevik Announces It Lurks Below Feb 1, 2018, 12:36 Nullity

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 01:07:
Hrm, looking at this game on Polygon, I can conclude that I'm definitely sick of retro 8 bit graphics.
It certainly feels like it's being over-used recently, however, there's one retro graphics game coming out that I'm incredible stoked for. If you haven't seen it, check out this reveal trailer for The Last Night that was introduced at E3 last year.

The main style is pixel-retro, but some things like lighting/shadows, water, and some effects are normal high quality. It blends together in an amazing atmosphere, and I can't wait for this to be released.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 31, 2018, 12:42 Nullity

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 10:42:
I read that as GOP jammers Allthumbsup Need more Coffee

I'd be first in line.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans Jan 25, 2018, 13:21 Nullity

I wish they'd release just the single-player campaign separately. I have zero interest in the PvP or supporting their loot box nonsense (even after they removed most of it - it's the principle), but I'm sort of interested in checking out the campaign. Maybe once it hits a super low price.  

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2018, 13:08 Nullity

That Burger King video was amazing. Everyone needs to see that. I agree with Slick that they should stick a version on TV.  

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 24, 2018, 12:27 Nullity

Holy crap, the Trump admin and Repubs are just going all in with the obstruction, eh? You guys keep digging that hole, you'll make it out eventually. *giggles*

Also, reading this thread, I can't believe how incredibly idiotic Repub voters and Trump supporters are. They've been voting against their own (and everyone else's) interests for decades, but this shit is just getting bananas.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 System Specs
15. Re: Far Cry 5 System Specs Jan 23, 2018, 12:35 Nullity

1badmf wrote on Jan 23, 2018, 01:04:
also got a vega64 liquid for $699. i just looked at video card prices and i could sell it used right now for nearly double that.
Funny, I just read an article the other day about someone who did exactly that with the same card. They then purchased a new Nvidia Titan Xp, and actually had money left over.

EDIT: I would have done the same thing with my 1080ti, but they aren't going for as much as the AMD cards, which apparently have better compute performance for crypto mining. No biggie though, I'm definitely happy with the 1080ti.

News Comments > Hunt: Showdown Closed Alpha Next Week
2. Re: Hunt: Showdown Closed Alpha Next Week Jan 22, 2018, 12:43 Nullity

What Darks said.

When I first learned of this game, I was interested until I found out that it's PvP only. I even asked the dev on Twitter if there will be a PvE-only game mode, and they said nope.

Seems like a bad/silly decision. I guess they don't want my money.

5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 17, 2018, 12:56 Nullity

I'd bet there isn't even a confirmation prompt ("Are you sure you want to do this?"), it just instantly sends the alert.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2017, 13:48 Nullity

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 13:17:
They'll have to do something, because the estimated sales are under 1.1m physical units, and they were expecting to sell 13m copies. I doubt once we hear the next earnings call that they'll have sold more then 3m copies including digital which aren't counted.

LOL, from that link...

...many withheld their wallets, despite some media outlets still shilling for the game, the ESA coming to EA's aid, and some fanboys still trying to convince plebs that they should just ignore the loot boxes and have fun. Well, thankfully a majority of people didn't listen, but there was still 882,000 suckers out there who fell into the trap, willingly.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2017, 13:37 Nullity

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 13:17:
Nullity wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 12:58:
Yeah, they'll just have to get more clever with their greed.
They'll have to do something, because the estimated sales are under 1.1m physical units, and they were expecting to sell 13m copies. I doubt once we hear the next earnings call that they'll have sold more then 3m copies including digital which aren't counted.

Good, serves them right. That "something" should logically be, "tone it down, Scrooge McDuck", but unfortunately, that's not how the brains of executives, shareholders, and marketing departments work.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2017, 12:58 Nullity

Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 12:02:
Corporations don't look at it that way. They needlessly lost several hundred million dollars through greed and that pisses shareholders off. It makes a difference.

Yeah, they'll just have to get more clever with their greed.

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 13, 2017, 12:50 Nullity

Republican senator calls on Congress to pass law protecting net neutrality
And while Thune has indicated his support for a net neutrality law, he also speaks quite favorably of the FCC’s current plan to get rid of the rules already in place, calling the Title II policies "burdensome" and "onerous."

Don't be fooled. On the surface, Congress passing a NN law may sound like an acceptable solution. However, with the government currently being controlled by the asshole Republicans, any such law would be written by the ISPs and be so full of holes and exceptions that it would literally be useless.

The *ONLY* way this would work, is if it waited until the Dems take back control.

Last week, Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney (D-NY) introduced the Save Net Neutrality Act, which would stop the FCC from continuing its current proceeding and leave in place the 2015 rules.

Surprisingly, it sounds like there's one Republican left who isn't insane, or hasn't been completely bought and paid for by the ISPs. But again, there's not a chance in hell this would get anywhere with the current Congress.

News Comments > Witchfire Announced
9. Re: Witchfire Announced Dec 8, 2017, 15:34 Nullity

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:11:
What the Slashman said. This type of game looks like a perfect match for a tense, atmospheric, old school solo experience. Why fuck that up with "LULZ DID YA JUST SEE HOW I FUXX0RED DAT MUNSTAAAAH BRUUUHHH????!??!?!"?
I see you didn't get it either. I don't have much else to say other than what I already did in my last reply to Slashman, except that I said I'd like "co-op support", not "co-op required".

Just because some devs fail at it, doesn't mean it has to be so. A guy can hope - which is all that was. I'm not against single player only games.

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:11:
Please go play some multiplayer-focused loot box garbage for that experience (like Overwatch or whatever you kids play these days) and leave at least SOME games alone for a mature audience who enjoys a decent solo romp. kthx.

Not a kid, and yeah, I hate that shit just as much as you do. That's not at all what I was suggesting.

234 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo