Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nullity

Real Name Nullity   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nullity
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 6, 2014, 16:57
Total Comments 369 (Amateur)
User ID 58038

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 15, 2018, 10:26 Nullity

Verno wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 10:03:
The office bought me an iPhone X and yeah wow, huge step up in just about every respect. Apple gets a lot of shit but they can really build a product and experience. Makes my Pixel XL 2 feel like a kids toy by comparison. I'll keep the XL2 for a bit longer in case I have any problems but I doubt I will use it now.

Ironically it's also much better for interfacing with our corporate backend stuff.
It's surprising to me that you feel that way, as I feel the complete opposite.

Apple no doubt makes good hardware, but to me, iOS feels like it was designed for toddlers. I have to use Apple devices at work for testing purposes, and they could never be an Android replacement for me. I find it ugly, incredibly simplistic, and frustratingly uncustomizable (to name a few).

It just has an inherent feeling of, "I have a phone like Daddy", as drawn in crayon by a 4 year-old.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 14, 2018, 12:49 Nullity

I was originally 100% against notches on principle, but I've since warmed up to them a little bit, depending on the implementation. I'd still much prefer small bezels to a notch, but some phones with a notch don't look too bad - like the LG G7 or the OnePlus 6, for example.

But the Pixel 3 XL, WTF?! When I first saw it, I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

I currently have the original Pixel XL, and the microphone stopped working a couple months ago. I've been impatiently waiting for the new model to come out as a replacement. I'm not currently willing to get a phone from anyone else. I've had lots of them, and I'm tired of dealing with shitty 3rd-party launchers, crapware that you can't remove or disable, and insanely huge update delays (if they come at all). Those are currently the most important features to me, so a Pixel is my only option.

So I'll either be getting the non-XL Pixel 3 (which is slightly smaller than my current phone, so I'm not sure yet), or a 2nd-hand Pixel 2 XL to hold me over until the 4 XL next year, assuming they fire the idiot who approved this enormous notch.

EDIT: typo

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2018, 13:08.

News Comments > Dead Cells Exfoliated
10. Re: Dead Cells Exfoliated Aug 7, 2018, 13:09 Nullity

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 23:28:
Yeah, the control/combat is amazing for a sidescroller, I just wish it wasn't infected with that Rogue-lite-whatever bullshit that seems to be in every other game these days. A traditional game with continues from death or something, with Dead Cells' control scheme and combat, and pretty much every other design decision except the rogue-lite death nonsense would have been perfect.
This is how I feel as well. I was really interested in this game at first. Anything rogue-like/lite is an instant no-buy from me. I don't have a ton of time to play games these days, so perma-death or other mechanics that wipe/reset progress are just too frustrating and not an option.

News Comments > Star Citizen Ground Battle Video
22. Re: Star Citizen Ground Battle Video Aug 3, 2018, 14:56 Nullity

DangerDog wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 14:00:
That looked like a Derek Smart space game only with better graphics.
*giggles*

19. Re: Star Citizen Ground Battle Video Aug 3, 2018, 13:56 Nullity

jdreyer wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 13:50:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 12:18:
The fact that they took 50 people at a station, put them in various ships, some holding like 20 and flew them to another planet for Battlefield-like combat, all without loading screens is crazy impressive technically, regardless of the latency.
But who wants to wait X minutes riding on a ship before the action even starts?
I've had this thought too. The technology and experience that they're going for - seamlessly fly from planet surface into space, then through hyper space, and back down to another planet surface, etc - sounds pretty cool in theory. And I'm sure experiencing it the first few times *would* be cool. But after that, it just takes too long and constantly delays the things you're trying to get to. Who wants to spend all that time getting to another location every time? It would get old very quickly, and would only make sense it it's optional and you can fast-travel wherever you wanted to go. At that point, why even spend years on the tech? Is it even worth it in the long run?

7. Re: Star Citizen Ground Battle Video Aug 3, 2018, 13:11 Nullity

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 12:52:
You guys are going to be so embarrassed when we're all playing this in 2040, when the retail release comes out! :o
After watching this video, I think 2040 is being overly optimistic.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 3, 2018, 12:51 Nullity

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 10:09:
Intel is in catchup mode proving that competition is good for the consumer.
They've been lazily releasing new CPUs every year that are relatively equal to or just barely better than the previous generation for many years. Now they finally have to get up and do some work.

Way to go AMD. Now they just need to up their Radeon game a bit more to shake up Nvidia.

News Comments > Grimmwood Released
1. Re: Grimmwood Released Aug 3, 2018, 12:38 Nullity

They Come at Night (mostly)
captainamericaiunderstoodthatreference.gif

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2018, 12:32 Nullity

Lynchburg, Virginia could be under 17 feet of water in 7 minutes if dam fails.

My first immediate thought was, "Save the whiskey!", but then I realized it was Virginia and not Tennessee.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Brings the Crunch
4. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Brings the Crunch Aug 2, 2018, 13:20 Nullity

"Look, up there."
"It's coming right for us!"
"Everybody take co... Everybody take c... c... c... Every body take c... c... Just get the fuck out of the way!"

Omg, I was dying.

I still need to finish the base game.

News Comments > Destiny 2: Forsaken - Legendary Collection
5. Re: Destiny 2: Forsaken - Legendary Collection Aug 2, 2018, 12:45 Nullity

Yeah, the game is definitely improving, albeit more slowly than it should. I'm having fun with it.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 2, 2018, 12:31 Nullity

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 1, 2018, 07:37:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2018, 01:47:
Given that most states are heavily gerrymandered in favor of the GOP, I read somewhere that they need only about 40% of the vote to retain the House. Good times.
I think the 40% number is a bit exaggerated, but yeah -- GOP favored districts mean despite getting less than a majority of votes, if you were to add the votes up state wide, results in 55-60% of the seats going to the GOP. Great system, eh?
The fact that redistricting is even handled by the majority governing party at all is fucking insane. It should be done by a completely independent, nonpartisan, unaffiliated 3rd party.

The Pennsylvania State Supreme Court just recently ruled that the state was unfairly gerrymandered and forced them to redraw the districts. The first couple attempts weren't any better, so the Court passed it off to a 3rd party and the Republicans flipped their shit.

News Comments > Strange Brigade Season Pass & Free Content Details
3. Re: Strange Brigade Season Pass & Free Content Details Jul 27, 2018, 12:25 Nullity

Had a lot of co-op fun with Zombie Army Trilogy and Sniper Elite 4, so I'll probably be picking this up.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 27, 2018, 12:18 Nullity

DRAM industry likely to face oversupply in 2019.
That's great, but what we really need is an oversupply of NAND, so SSDs can finally come down to a reasonable price.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 26, 2018, 16:15 Nullity

Creston wrote on Jul 26, 2018, 16:12:
Windows now even turns the freaking windows update service back on if you disable the damn thing.
Pretty sure that hasn't happened to me. But now I feel paranoid, and I'll check it when I get home from work. That would be really shitty.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Windows 10 will use machine learning to install system updates at the right time. Jul 26, 2018, 14:00 Nullity

I just leave the Windows Update service disabled entirely until I decide I'm ready, then I turn it back on and manually check for updates.

I usually update once a month, but near the end of the month once I'm sure that the changes don't fubar anything important. That happens far too frequently these days.

Though it's silly that such measures are even necessary.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 26, 2018, 13:17 Nullity

Absolutely still true. I re-watch it every couple years, and I'll have to dig it out again before this finally airs.

So excited.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 23, 2018, 14:06 Nullity

jdreyer wrote on Jul 22, 2018, 14:25:
Fletch wrote on Jul 22, 2018, 13:19:
Amazing, since MH:W is just yet another third-person console port with all the same console port crappiness they all have.
Soooo, not recommended?
I'd say it's definitely a "wait and see". Capcom has historically been one of the worst offenders when it comes to horrible PC console ports.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 20, 2018, 12:28 Nullity

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 20, 2018, 12:23:
Whatever the reason, the result is a good one. Sinclair is already a black mark on the industry -- the last thing we need is them getting control of more broadcast stations.
Perhaps. The judge who handles the case could still approve it. In fact, it's entirely in the realm of possibility that that's the whole plan.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 20, 2018, 12:17 Nullity

FCC votes against Sinclair-Tribune merger, likely dooming deal.
Ajit "bag of dicks" Pai must have gotten greedy from all the money the ISPs threw his way and asked too much from Sinclair, who turned him down. His public reasoning is merely cover.

Given everything else that pile of shit has done since being in charge of the FCC, I can't fathom any other explanation.

(only slightly /s)

EDIT: I just remembered that there's an open investigation into Pai regarding this Sinclair merger. $1 says that's the actual reason he kicked this off for a judge to decide instead of just approving it like he was previously planning.

369 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo