Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nullity

Real Name Nullity   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nullity
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 6, 2014, 16:57
Total Comments 215 (Novice)
User ID 58038

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Witchfire Announced
9. Re: Witchfire Announced Dec 8, 2017, 15:34 Nullity

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:11:
What the Slashman said. This type of game looks like a perfect match for a tense, atmospheric, old school solo experience. Why fuck that up with "LULZ DID YA JUST SEE HOW I FUXX0RED DAT MUNSTAAAAH BRUUUHHH????!??!?!"?
I see you didn't get it either. I don't have much else to say other than what I already did in my last reply to Slashman, except that I said I'd like "co-op support", not "co-op required".

Just because some devs fail at it, doesn't mean it has to be so. A guy can hope - which is all that was. I'm not against single player only games.

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:11:
Please go play some multiplayer-focused loot box garbage for that experience (like Overwatch or whatever you kids play these days) and leave at least SOME games alone for a mature audience who enjoys a decent solo romp. kthx.

Not a kid, and yeah, I hate that shit just as much as you do. That's not at all what I was suggesting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Witchfire Announced Dec 8, 2017, 15:26 Nullity

Slashman wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:01:
And I'm sorry you're so insecure that you need someone else to validate your fun for you.
Sure, because that's what I was getting at (*eye-roll*). Spoken like someone without friends to play games with.

Slashman wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:01:
Back on the topic of co-op, I prefer single player games that focus on story, RPG elements and environmental interaction to stay that way. Because either you get a watered down experience or you get silly situations where players get ignored and the game tells you that you're playing alone, which breaks immersion anyway.

If I want to play an FPS with friends, I'll plat Vermintide, L4D or some other game that is built from the ground up with co-op. Shoehorning in co-op for no other reason than to check a box is dumb and produces lower quality games.

Your silly comment about lazy developers is actually about applying time and resources where they make the most sense. Of course that's hard to see when playing a single player game makes you piss your pants with fear that you won't have a friend to along to let you know you enjoyed yourself.

The only thing silly is you, arguing with that straw man.

Of course I never said, implied, or meant that co-op should be an afterthought, shoehorned in simply to check a box - I don't want that either. Of course I meant that if it were to have co-op, it should be built around it (but not require it, so it can still be played solo), so that it can be done well and still retain the immersion that we *both* want.

You seem to have missed my entire point, that those desired elements *can* still exist within a co-op setting. This also logically infers that by making this point, I was saying that would not want them to just haphazardly toss in co-op support at their expense.

4. Re: Witchfire Announced Dec 8, 2017, 14:09 Nullity

Slashman wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 13:41:
Nullity wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:45:
Well this is definitely going on my list to check out. Graphically and thematically, that looks amazing.

*crosses fingers for co-op support*

Sure! Let's take a promising atmospheric and dark FPS which would benefit from interesting environmental interactions and effects and fuck it up with co-op support to limit single player possibilities.

I'm in!!!

The presence of co-op does not preclude these possibilities. The fact that some co-op games are lacking in these areas is the fault of the developer, not the concept of co-op itself.

At the very least (given a lazy or unimaginative developer), it could be handled like how Halo did it, where the story, cinematics, interactions, etc behaved as if it were a single player game with only one Master Chief, and the co-op partner is completely ignored.

Games are more fun with a friend. I'm sorry you don't have any friends.

News Comments > A Way Out in March; Co-op Trial Version Details
1. Re: A Way Out in March; Co-op Trial Version Details Dec 8, 2017, 12:49 Nullity

Been waiting for this. Looks very interesting.  

2. Re: Witchfire Announced Dec 8, 2017, 12:45 Nullity

Well this is definitely going on my list to check out. Graphically and thematically, that looks amazing.

*crosses fingers for co-op support*

News Comments > Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion
6. Re: Dying Light: Bad Blood Battle Royale Expansion Dec 7, 2017, 12:29 Nullity

Please no. Get back to Hellraid! (or Dying Light 2 would be good as well)  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2017, 12:15 Nullity

Dogs Are Brainier Than Cats, New Study Finds

That's only because cats dedicate the majority of their brain-power and intelligence towards being crazy assholes. There just isn't much left over for anything else.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 21, 2017, 12:34 Nullity

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 22:16:
Where's Rockwell when you need him?

Found him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled
52. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 13:22 Nullity

Kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 01:29:
I'm pretty sure if EA doesn't handle their stuff Disney is going to move their Star Wars IP elsewhere.
We can only hope.

From the minute they announced that EA had an exclusive Star Wars license, everyone knew it was going to be a shit-show.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 17, 2017, 12:30 Nullity

Comcast wants to get bigger, again, has begun talks with 21st Century Fox.

I really hope Disney is able it pick it up first. Imagine having the X-Men and Fantastic Four/Doctor Doom/Silver Surfer finally back at Marvel in the MCU where they belong. Not to mention Disney having the rights to finally release a proper, un-fucked-with original Star Wars trilogy.

I can feel a nerd-boner forming already.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 17, 2017, 12:23 Nullity

Saboth wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 07:15:
Once Ajit Pai is gone, it's going to take a LONG time to fix all of the damage he's done, even if it can be fixed.
This is pretty much the cycle of how the US government has worked for decades.

Republicans in power basically trash the place and shit all over everything, then the Dems come back and spend 8 god-damned years trying to clean up the colossal mess. Then Reps return, proudly take credit that they fixed the "mess" Dems were stuck with, which is taken as gospel by every inbred toothless uncle-fucker across the country, then proceed to destroy it all again.

It's disgusting.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 14, 2017, 12:33 Nullity

Lawmakers demand investigation into FCC Chairman Ajit Pai.

Put that fucker in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison!

News Comments > Warlock Revenge
3. Re: Warlock Revenge Nov 13, 2017, 13:11 Nullity

Acleacius wrote on Nov 12, 2017, 21:50:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 12, 2017, 16:09:
Reminiscent of Heretic/Hexen. Which reminds me to renew the call I make every couple of years that we need a modern version of this style of game.
Techland has one in the works but warner brothers pulled them off to work on the Dying Light dlc. They could be back at work on it now, not sure there's any more dlc coming.
Hellraid. I was really looking forward to that and was disappointed when they announced that development was put on hold. Hope they're back at it now.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Nov 2, 2017, 12:09 Nullity

Osama Bin Laden was an anime fan and played pirated Naruto games
I always knew there was something wrong with people who like anime. Now we know they're all Al Qaeda.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Co-op Trailer
14. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 31, 2017, 12:49 Nullity

NicklePop wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 17:52:
Killing Republicans, the game.

Now with coop!
Insta-buy!

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
8. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 24, 2017, 13:36 Nullity

Other than when installing a new card, I only update when a new driver release has optimizations or fixes for a specific game I play/will be playing.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined
20. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 13:20 Nullity

PHJF wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 10:23:
I found out my university (yes I am back in school, yay) blocks Steam. I literally cannot go to store.steampowered.com without a vpn.

Have you tried alternate DNS servers? They may be just blocking the domain and not the IP(s). It seems fairly common for IT departments to not really know much about what they're doing, and sometimes there are simple work-arounds.

Try using Google's: 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Oct 20, 2017, 12:40 Nullity

The top 0.00003%

Half-life 3 confirmed!!

News Comments > Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction
34. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 18, 2017, 13:27 Nullity

Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 21:52:
Why is this rocket surgery? Just make a game like Witcher 3 set in the SW universe where you're a Jedi traveling around doing Jedi shit.
Bam! Printing money.

Also, wasn't this the one that was based off of the canceled 1313 game? The one with Uncharted-like gameplay? If so, they're idiots for changing this, it would have sold like gangbusters, especially with Amy Hennig on board.

News Comments > Destiny 2 System Specs Unchanged
10. Re: Destiny 2 System Specs Unchanged Oct 13, 2017, 22:28 Nullity

Quinn wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 20:36:
Nullity wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 12:16:

It ran at a solid 60fps at 4k with everything maxed (except AA one notch down, as MSAA was broken) on a i7-6700k and 1080ti.

What did you expect with a 1080ti? It would actually mean something if that's done on a 980 or something similar.
Sure, it's fast, but even with a 1080ti, many newer AAA games don't run so well at 4k. At least not at the highest graphics settings.

215 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo