Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for verybad1

Real Name verybad1   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname verybad1
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 8, 2013, 20:19
Total Comments 337 (Amateur)
User ID 57946

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien: Isolation in October
4. Re: Alien: Isolation in October Mar 29, 2014, 14:25 verybad1

Definitely on my watch list. Will wait for reviews however. I've been burned to often recently with the "early access" ("They'll pay US to "QC" the game!!!")  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Early Access
32. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2014, 22:02 verybad1

I enjoyed GalCiv 2, but not for that amount.

I'll wait till it's released, reviewed, and reduced.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
143. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 13:15 verybad1

Mercenar wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 04:01:
Lol now Carmack will return to Id ??

Id is over. He knows it, and that's why he left. Maybe they'll leave him to his devices, or maybe he'll go do something else he finds interesting, but I don't think Las Vegas would be betting on him returning to Id, he left because he wasn't enjoying himself there IMO.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
85. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 02:20 verybad1

I really don't see this working for facebook, for mobile, or for social .

I don't even see any link between mobile and a virtual reality system...

Quite frankly, I think it was a bad business decision by Facebook, it really doesn't fit their business, and while it's got a niche, it's not going to be something people are wearing while walking down the street, or in bars while texting.

It just doesn't make any sense. Occulus Rift fits hardcore gamers playing simulators, it can work for games, but it's not what they seem to think it is.

News Comments > Molyneux: Indie Revival "Won't Last"
28. Re: Molyneux: Indie Revival Mar 25, 2014, 13:05 verybad1

Molyneux seems a bit jealous he's not getting as much attention when he describes his next "masterpiece" (inevitably to fall short of the clames)

He's a bullshit artist, and always was, it's just a lot of people believed him so he was successful. NOTHING he has ever claimed about any one of his games was completed.

Distribution is easier now, things have changed. Peter, you're obsolete, and you can't even see the way things work.

Molyneux has only been successful due to marketing not good game design, I can't say he's ever made a game that was playable for long(though I will admit I fell for the marketing more than once.). He likes to pat himself on the back for being a genius however, I hope he just STFU and go away.

News Comments > Human Element in November 2015
2. Re: Human Element in November Mar 24, 2014, 13:47 verybad1

SO fucking sick of zombie stuff. It's like every other damn thing is about zombies. A fucking vampire game would be original at this damn point.

How about a fricking werewolf..."Whoooaaahhh far out! That's like totally out there! Are there werewolf zombies to like, you know, make sure a producer will pick it up?"

I will not buy any new zombie anything this year. Even if it's good. Fuck zombies. Zombies can be in it (cause I don't want to lock myself out of everything), but they can't be the main antagonist.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
5. Re: Saturday Previews Mar 23, 2014, 15:47 verybad1

I just watched that video (heavy drinking, and demon raising) and had a holy shit! moment. Hadn't heard of this before, now it's on my "do want" list.

If this turns out even half as good as it sounds it will be great.

News Comments > Armored Warfare Announced
2. Re: Armored Warfare Announced Mar 20, 2014, 13:25 verybad1

"Free to compete" sounds to me like they are unashamedly contemplating Pay to WIN. That's just a guess on my part, as I don't know anything about this, but with all the "enhance and customizations" mentioned, it looks like more than just aesthetics are buyable.

Too bad Mechwarrior online, also built on cryengine, doesn't look nearly that good however.

News Comments > Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing
20. Re: Unreal 4 Engine Released; $19/Month Licensing Mar 20, 2014, 00:38 verybad1

jdreyer wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 20:23:
Looks spectacular. Funny that Unity 5 came out yesterday. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.
GDC is going on right now...

News Comments > SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play
1. Re: SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play Mar 18, 2014, 14:06 verybad1

Too little too late. The game is by and large a clusterfuck in any case. Looks fairly nice. Ridiculously small cities however. Just gets boring quickly.  

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode "Almost There"
27. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Mar 14, 2014, 14:36 verybad1

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 09:25:
When they significantly increase the allowed size for a city I might, MIGHT, think about buying this.

You're a smarter man than I. I do regret buying this. The previous games in this line were better (as most people know)

EA could screw up a wet dream.

News Comments > Grey Goo Announced
4. Re: Grey Goo Announced Mar 13, 2014, 13:08 verybad1

Always glad to see more RTS's, but while movies are nice, nobody really interested in RTS's is going to care until the rubber hits the road and they can see what this "labor of love" is actually made of.

We're all probably a little bitter over getting excited from CGI Trailers in the past then getting burned.

Interesting name, we'll see what this " innovative ideas and a forward-thinking spirit" are made of.

News Comments > Homeworld HD Becomes Homeworld: Remastered Edition
24. Re: Homeworld HD Becomes Homeworld: Remastered Edition Mar 6, 2014, 01:45 verybad1

entr0py wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 23:03:
Creston wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 20:18:
I'm waiting to get excited until they show some impressive videos.
This.

Homeworld was certainly a great game, if they make it in a nicer engine, ideally easily modifiable, and I'd be buying this.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
34. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 17:10 verybad1

Illumin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 12:35:
Looks great but to short for 60$. Will pick it up on a summer sale.

Exactly this for myself. I do want it, and if they come up with additional "campaigns" then it will be ideal. But not paying $60.00 for this.

Wonder if it's modable. That could be cool if it ends up with loads of mods...

News Comments > Interceptor Entertainment Acquires Apogee /3D Realms
19. Re: Interceptor Entertainment Acquires Apogee Software/3D Realms Mar 2, 2014, 18:21 verybad1

Yes, it's a cease and desist lawsuit cause the new Duke Nukem game they said their working on wasn't released. So all they have to do is ..cease making it.

However the stopit lawsuit probably made the value of the company lower. So it's like buying stock when they're low. They probably got a good deal.

News Comments > Vector Thrust Announced
2. Re: Vector Thrust Announced Feb 24, 2014, 13:16 verybad1

Meh. Not everyone has a big budget. I'll wait till I see some gameplay on YouTube from 3rd person people before I make any judgment on this. Could be fun.  

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
20. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 13:55 verybad1

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 12:25:
Shataan wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 12:06:
And just think we haven't seen what they are doing to Homeworld yet.

Oh god, somebody just diarrhead in my coffee.

Seriously, hadn't connected the Aliens franchise ruination to the fact that Gearbox recently bought Homeworld on the cheap.

RIP Relic.

News Comments > More Frequent Starbound Content Updates Coming
4. Re: More Frequent Starbound Content Updates Coming Feb 21, 2014, 19:23 verybad1

Best example of Devs going lax after they make money in early access IMO might be MechWarrior Online. They said the game was out of beta about half a year ago, and it STILL doesn't have features they were promising to early buyers for would be out over a year ago. It's a complete pile of mediocrity. It's gone nowhere, and the only thing they seem to spend the money on is on content that will make them more money, not fixing long-lived bugs or making the overall game better.

Early access gives devs free beta testing, but it's not seeming to lead to better games.

It's of course not a one point answer though. There ARE good games that have gone through early access, but I can't say it's better overall for the games eventual quality than being developed through standard producers.

News Comments > Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week
25. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 13:11 verybad1

It's fun to play already. Car handling could get a bit better, but as it's still in early access that's acceptable. The junk derby is a whole lot of fun, but handling makes the races a bit difficult (at least for me) Destruction is awesome in this game, stuff gets messed up real good.  

News Comments > Next Car Game Early Access
17. Re: Next Car Game Early Access Jan 15, 2014, 23:26 verybad1

I couldn't resist, I just bought it on Steam. I'm weak.  

337 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo