Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for verybad1

Real Name verybad1   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname verybad1
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 8, 2013, 20:19
Total Comments 342 (Amateur)
User ID 57946

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
9. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Dec 6, 2014, 14:05 verybad1

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 12:40:
It reminds me of Spore in a way. The randomness just kind of mix and matches the same assets around. I can't see this having much longevity from a player's perspective.

I was going to say the EXACT same thing. Very much getting a spore feel here. Maybe it'll turn out to have a great game in it, but I am certainly not buying early. I'll wait for numerous reviews and watch some "Let's Plays"

Hearing all those fans screaming in the background was a turnoff also. Don't like empty hype and this is giving me that feeling.

Looks pretty, but I'm not paying 50 bucks or whatever for a screensaver.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Space Hulk Ascension: Imperial Fists Expansion This Month
13. Re: Space Hulk Ascension: Imperial Fists Expansion This Month Dec 5, 2014, 14:11 verybad1

Slashman wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 15:26:
verybad1 wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 13:11:
Sounds like one of those games that's directly transferred form the board game to the computer and doesn't take either of those platforms strengths and weaknesses into account.

Board games are fun because they're truly social (as in you have several people in the same room so dice roll based success/failure can be fun and even amusing. Computer games have the ability to take a lot more into account without slowing down the process, so can be more realistic.

Direct transfers never seem to work well IMO.

You are talking about the FIRST game. Ascension is the second game and exists to correct the problems caused by its predecessor. That's why it came out so relatively quickly after the first game. The first game is there for the direct boardgame translation and the second game is much more akin to an XCOM kind of experience (albeit with space marines and terrible monsters instead).

I can tell you that they play very differently. I had very little enthusiasm for the first game, but I definitely like and appreciate Ascension.

Hrmm, I guess I misunderstood this. I am interested in the game, so guess I'll check out some "Lets Plays" on you tube and see if it's worth buying for me.

News Comments > Space Hulk Ascension: Imperial Fists Expansion This Month
8. Re: Space Hulk Ascension: Imperial Fists Expansion This Month Dec 4, 2014, 13:11 verybad1

Sounds like one of those games that's directly transferred form the board game to the computer and doesn't take either of those platforms strengths and weaknesses into account.

Board games are fun because they're truly social (as in you have several people in the same room so dice roll based success/failure can be fun and even amusing. Computer games have the ability to take a lot more into account without slowing down the process, so can be more realistic.

Direct transfers never seem to work well IMO.

News Comments > FIRE Announced
1. Re: FIRE Announced Dec 4, 2014, 13:01 verybad1

Ughh. Sounds like utter crap.

From what we know, Neanderthals were pretty adept at making stone tools (and presumably fire) just were less adept at communication than modern humans. (brain shape tells us that)

Don't really want a game that has you trying to shoot coconuts from a mammoth trunk however.

I think there's less of a desire for dumbed down crap like this than publishers seem to think. If they made a game that actually taught people a bit about how Neanderthals actually were, it might be more interesting.

News Comments > Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under
26. Re: Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under Dec 3, 2014, 13:13 verybad1

InBlack wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 09:51:
Task wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 09:46:
I thought GTA is a satire series about the absurdity of society?

Heh. I wonder if anyone will appreciate the irony. What's with the Australians being such prudes? They seem to be at a place where the US was a few years (decades?) ago.
Australia never got out of the 80s, they want Reagan to come down there and govern them. It's rather strange I think. they should be more open-minded being a fully democratic society, but seem to think limiting themselves will make for a better world.

Now GTA-5 (and the whole series) isn't for children perhaps, but in the majority, video games aren't for children either. Australia seems to think that video games are mainly played by children. *shrugs*

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
5. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Nov 30, 2014, 14:05 verybad1

Maybe next goal can be space VSDs...  

News Comments > Trainz: A New Era in February
3. Re: Trainz: A New Era in February Nov 27, 2014, 15:18 verybad1

DangerDog wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 13:54:
I don't understand why they won't add a Tycoon "game" mode to these types of simulations, it would open their market potential beyond people just wanting to drive trains.
This.

I love Tycoon modes, and I would totally be interested in this if they had something like this. Trains are pretty cool, but if there's no depth to the game other with meaning for why you build a line or buy am engine, then the game isn't that interesting.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Crash Workaround Nov 21, 2014, 14:42 verybad1

LittleMe wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 13:50:
Another issue with both Unity and DA:I is the non PC versions of the game you need a potato to play.

Well I DO have a potato, I just don't want to play in the first place. Guess that's another way around this crash problem.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
35. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 13:05 verybad1

Phasenoise wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 09:55:
This is why you really do need to have a policy of paying for what is already present, not what may be present someday.
When you pay for dreams, that may be all you get.

Fortunately I'm sure Star Citizen will match all it's promises and not have any dreams shattered like this!

But yeah, I'm not buying ANYTHING early ever again. Last thing was Planetary Annihilation, which isn't bad, but it's not as polished as it could be.

Quite frankly, I'm liking publisher based games more than kickstarter games, because at least they seem to be more polished (generally) and you get what you pay for rather than a whole bunch of ideas that may or may not be matched.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans
9. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Optimization Plans Nov 19, 2014, 13:19 verybad1

ldonyo wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 10:14:
Shouldn't they have done some optimization before they released it?

Demmit, that's what I was gonna say! Yeah, though, that's part of alpha normally ain't it? I bet the "distinct discrepancy" is based on having unpaid interns assigned to check it the weekend before release and it being in the publics hands.

News Comments > DCS Su-27 Trailer
6. Re: DCS Su-27 Trailer Nov 11, 2014, 13:05 verybad1

In terms of looks, I [personally]would have to go with the F-22 as most beautiful fighter ever built, however, in terms of most beautiful aircraft of all time, the SR-71 Blackbird has all others beat down like ugly stepchildren.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 8, 2014, 14:19 verybad1

Customer service never gets better. Even if you've been working in it for you're entire career, assholes are assholes and they will remain that way.

Anyone that's ever had a front line job in customer service (and I have) will not get "used to" the sheer inhumanity some of your customers will force upon you.

In the end, customer service is always a horrible job.

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA Trailer
1. Re: Total War: ATTILA Trailer Nov 8, 2014, 13:16 verybad1

Hopefully it won't be a big mess like TW:Rome 2. Won't make the mistake I did before and buy without reviews though.  

News Comments > The Witcher III Free DLC Plans
1. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 6, 2014, 14:07 verybad1

Well, that's...nice. Can't complain about that (yet).

Do think I'll be buying it, though only if reviews hold up.

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Nov 5, 2014, 13:13 verybad1

Roberts can now afford death squads for people that bash him. We all love his genius work (please help us) very much.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 2, 2014, 13:13 verybad1

nin wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 10:46:
I'm laughing at Farm Simulator making it to number two...makes me think of this.

Almost made me crap my pants laughing.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
15. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 13:06 verybad1

Might not be scientifically accurate, but the zero g combat was interesting.

No way in hell I'm going to throw money at them, but if it does end up working well in all aspects then I'll try it out.

Can't fault them for trying to build something large.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $59M
11. Re: Star Citizen at $59M Oct 29, 2014, 14:05 verybad1

No way this game will every stack up to the invested hype. Wish I could just block it from showing on my BluesNews read...  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
12. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Oct 25, 2014, 13:47 verybad1

Good lord. I think she cast a spell that made be jizz in my pants over this game.

I refuse to buy games early any longer, but damn if that isn't a nice looking game/cinematic.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released
23. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released Oct 24, 2014, 15:01 verybad1

Do plan on getting this, but I'll wait for a few updates, mods, and DLCs first. I played way too much of Civ3 though Civ5 I'm sure I'll get my money's worth when I do buy it though.  

342 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo