Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for verybad1

Real Name verybad1   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname verybad1
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 8, 2013, 20:19
Total Comments 348 (Amateur)
User ID 57946

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend
10. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend Jan 16, 2015, 14:43 verybad1

I'll probably pick it up in a few years after they release their next big thing and it's under $20 with all the add-ons. I can't be bothered with it right now however, even if it's free. Probably be decent in the long run.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CITIES XXL Trailer; Preorders; Discounts
7. Re: CITIES XXL Trailer; Preorders; Discounts Jan 16, 2015, 14:38 verybad1

Skyline is the one I'm interested in, though I'm not buying prerelease, I've drowned off of that boat one too many times.

I bought one of these cities XL releases a few years back and it was just boring.

You're know what would be fun, if the Planetary Annhilation guys got together with a cities management team and they let you play an RTS through a huge city you created...oooh, with sims from the sims games to step on...

*sigh* Killing the things you love...

News Comments > Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations
26. Re: Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations Jan 16, 2015, 14:31 verybad1

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 13:58:
Wait, shit, I just had a brilliant idea. The only team there that appears to be overachieving is the marketing dept, right? Move them to game development! Move the game development team to marketing! Better games with less bullshit advertising.

Brilliant! Yeah, the marketing team IS actually competent, they did their job.

Now what happened to the development team, did they fail due to being incompetent, or did management tell them when the game was done due to sales timeframe desires rather than the desire to make a good game?

Cause I bet the creative/programming team probably COULD have made a decent game if they weren't constrained by management.

Now of course, you have to make money if you're a big company and spending lots of money on so-called AAA products, but those timeframe issues are often why stuff made by big companies has the same issues over and over.

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
26. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 14:48 verybad1

Cutter wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 11:32:
So if they're so concerned about the community why not release an editor and allow people to build their own stuff?

Here's the EA 2K conversation:
"Well, we could still monetize it, and that would be great, but then we might run into copyright issues, so it's best we don't allow it...besides, it's not like this will be selling very long after we actually release it. Ideally, it's best we sell to the idiot fan boys that bought into the movies we fed them before they have their hopes shattered like always."

If there's editors, they can't monetize it without checking for copyright issues, and if they have to do that, then it's extra work, so why release an editor, they can just do DLC till it stops selling and move on, they don't want a game that lasts 4 or 5 years in play, because that can damage sales for the next big thing.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Nominees
20. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Nominees Jan 14, 2015, 20:11 verybad1

Hrrmm, should I take their word, or should I take people like Angry Joe Show or Worth a Buy (both on YouTube) for legitimate, unbiased, unbought advice on what games I should try? Decisions, decisions...  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed?
22. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed? Jan 14, 2015, 14:18 verybad1

I would certainly be interested in TW:40K. The fantasy version not so much, though it could be ok taking the Orks and finishing off them damned fairy elves I suppose.

What Games Workshop has to realize is that making a good video game is probably not going to cut into their board game revenue. Is Marvel losing money from the movies they're making?

Instead it would probably introduce a lot of people to their game that would probably never be interested otherwise.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Havoc Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Havoc Trailer Jan 13, 2015, 19:26 verybad1

Havbe to admit this looks kind of fun. Mot fun enough for me to buy an Xbox, but fun enough to admire from afar. Not taking itself too seriously, just...fun.  

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Announced
11. Re: Medieval Engineers Announced Jan 13, 2015, 18:27 verybad1

So you can pay for a level builder that other games give you for free?

Amazing.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 13, 2015, 18:20 verybad1

Yeah, can't say "poor" Lucas about how he's turned out. VII is looking interesting so far with the limited info we have on it, If they manage to show us Jar Jar Binks getting cornholed with a Sith light saber, then I'll go see it twice.

Lucas sort of lost touch with what children want to see, children want to see movies like the first two, and most of them don't like Ewoks or Jar jar Binks. His explanation that the movies were for children first was misconceived on his part.

News Comments > Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details
19. Re: Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details Jan 13, 2015, 18:14 verybad1

I simply will not buy a game that comes out with DLC already made.

It's tucking money grasping, not a desire to make a good/better game, and I'm not going to support it. Was somewhat interested in this game before, now it's off the list.

News Comments > The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat Released; OS X Version Next Month
1. Re: The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat Released; OS X Version Next Month Jan 13, 2015, 18:09 verybad1

You know, if they combined the GTA series with the Sims series and let you kill other people's Sims, this might have a purpose...

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons Jan 10, 2015, 19:36 verybad1

Yeah, I'll keep an eye on this one.  

News Comments > Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month
4. Re: Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month Jan 10, 2015, 13:57 verybad1

All I effing want is Sins of a Solar Empire 2. Everything else, is *meh*.

Although I think Sins fell out of their sales rights.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
22. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 8, 2015, 13:48 verybad1

"Hey everyone here, I am planning on making a space fighter game. If you send me money, I will make the game you want in your dreams, it will have everything.

Just need your money and we will add more things, all things."

Yeah, that's about his marketing...

By the time this game gets finished, those spaceships will be actually in use...

News Comments > Surf's Up in Tropico 5
1. Re: Surf's Up in Tropico 5 Jan 8, 2015, 13:34 verybad1

So much DLC for this game it's giving me the impression that they wrote a lot of it during construction and and are just now releasing it as cash drops.

I like a bit of DLC, but when the game seems to be designed for selling more DLC, not for being a good game in and of itself, then it gets tiresome.

Tropico 5s not a bad game, I have it, but..too effing much.

News Comments > Zombie Army Trilogy Announced
3. Re: Zombie Army Trilogy Announced Jan 8, 2015, 13:00 verybad1

God I'm fucking sick of zombies. Trailers removed by the owner, must've been bad or sumptin'  

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
9. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 2, 2015, 18:22 verybad1

I think it's hilarious that they added FPS to the game when most of the people that boosted it just wanted a modern Freelancer.

Glad I didn't give him any money, learned my lesson from MechWarrior Online.

News Comments > EA: No Origin Breach
21. Re: EA: No Origin Breach Dec 31, 2014, 22:06 verybad1

Maybe it's because nobody WANTS to get into Origin...  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 31, 2014, 22:04 verybad1

Cutter wrote on Dec 31, 2014, 17:26:
Why not just use that instant battery charging tech that Israeli company is working on?

It's an actual battery replacement, not recharge (if that's the one I'm thinking of)

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 28, 2014, 13:14 verybad1

Skyrim, you are so awesome. Tempted to buy a second one just because.

Certainly hope they go back to making first person Elder Scrolls games rather than that MMO monstrosity.

348 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo