Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Desalus

Real Name Desalus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 30, 2013, 02:11
Total Comments 295 (Amateur)
User ID 57911

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered Released
1. Re: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered Released Sep 20, 2019, 16:29 Desalus

I really wanted to finish this game but I couldn't stomach the grind needed to defeat some of the bosses.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stalker Online This Year
3. Re: Stalker Online This Year Sep 18, 2019, 18:34 Desalus

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 18, 2019, 17:33:
Should I be excited for this? Will this be a top quality game?

Judging by that trailer...no, not at all.

News Comments > EA Cloud Gaming Trial
2. Re: CCP Layoffs: Dropping VR; Closing Studios Sep 9, 2019, 20:03 Desalus

Ummmm...what? Why was this announced out of nowhere and on Medium of all places? Does EA not have its own website now?  

News Comments > Borderland 3 Reviews
8. Re: Borderland 3 Reviews Sep 9, 2019, 12:56 Desalus

MisterBenn wrote on Sep 9, 2019, 12:41:
Man, who to trust when reviews vary so wildly?

IGN: "a high-point for the series and the genre as a whole." - 9/10

PC Gamer: "Between the bugs, the extended non-jokes, the self-aggrandizing jabs at game design trends, and a few cameos I won't spoil but that made me audibly groan, Borderlands 3 has a lot in common with Gearbox fan events as of late. There's a lot of loud, extended posturing while holding what everyone really came for hostage. It's a shame, because Tales from the Borderlands found a delicate balance of absurdity, self-awareness, and genuine heart. A better Borderlands is possible, it's just not Borderlands 3." - 63%

On Metacritic you can see that 60% of IGN's reviews are higher than the average and 45% of PC Gamer's reviews are lower than the average. Take the average of the two reviews and that's probably a better representation of the game's review score (7.65 but I'd probably round it up to 8 since PC Gamer's score is probably a bit too harsh).

News Comments > EVERSPACE 2 Announced
6. Re: EVERSPACE 2 Announced Aug 20, 2019, 09:01 Desalus

"EVERSPACE 2 is an open world space shooter with classic RPG elements and persistent player progression, as well as many more player ships and significantly enhanced storytelling."

This is exactly what I was hoping the sequel would be.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Beyond Launches
16. Re: CCP Layoffs: Dropping VR; Closing Studios Aug 14, 2019, 19:02 Desalus

Well, the game runs a hell of a lot better than it used to (using a Radeon card). Unfortunately I was only playing 10 minutes before the game crashed. Looks like I'm not alone in that regard either. I don't think I care enough to try to play again.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 9, 2019, 13:58 Desalus

Darks wrote on Aug 9, 2019, 13:31:
They are all morons Cutter, they think removing a gun or taking away a game and using it as the scapegoat will fix this problem, the real issues are in the home. It all starts there with the parenting of their kids and discipline. This is the real issue at hand and until its looked into and fix, this will never go way.

Seems like you're entirely discounting the role nature plays. In any sizable population there's always going to be psychopaths and those inclined to use violence. Also, there's very little parents can do once their child turns 18. You could raise a perfectly behaved child, but once they turn 18, and if they decide to go down a dark path, what's a parent legally able to do? Parenting can't and doesn't account for all of people's behavior. Even if you could change all parents into great parents, it would certainly help but it's not going to 'fix' the problem.

On the topic of video games once again being the scapegoat, it seems different this time because I've seen a great deal of pushback to the idea of games playing a role in violence. It's been refreshing to see that coming from large newspapers and prominent journalism.

News Comments > Uplay+ Game List
6. Re: Uplay+ Game List Jul 17, 2019, 09:20 Desalus

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 02:18:
Their games are only worth purchasing to me after all the patches and the season pass content has been released, i.e. whenever the gold or ultimate versions go on sale.

So in the end you do buy "UBISHIT" and "Ubi garbage." It's okay to admit that you actually do like some Ubisoft games. You won't ruin your malcontent image if you do. Also, are you aware that most of the games on Uplay+ do include the season pass content and all of the patches?

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jun 20, 2019, 13:35 Desalus

So what is the author's solution? Every WWII game set in the Western theater now needs a mission where, as an allied soldier, you discover a concentration camp? Or perhaps every German soldier you play needs to have an inner dialogue about how they feel terrible fighting for the Nazi cause? Perhaps the author desires something akin to the Call of Duty airport mission where you play as a German soldier exterminating an entire village. At what point do you demonstrate the culpability of every German soldier?

I can understand the viewpoint of the author, but to expect every WWII game to explore the dark side of the Wehrmacht would be hamfisted and forced. EA never claimed BFV was historically accurate and everyone knows this. Games, first and foremost, are meant to be fun to play. Most are not designed for deep storytelling and the exploration of the darker side of humanity.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Roadmap
10. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 14:59 Desalus

El Pit wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:16:
I would have already bought it but a looong backlog of games and the wait for a feature complete edition made me resist.

I wish companies would sell the game and add stuff later for free. This DLC nonsense and season and year passes just make me buy games later and cheaper.

I felt the same way until recently I realized that I don't even enjoy much of the DLC that is released for single player games. Most of it is tacked on side-quest/adventures that aren't even integrated into the main storyline. Once I finish the main storyline I find it difficult to care about anything extra that is inconsequential and not of any value to me finishing the main game.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2019, 13:35 Desalus

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:00:
Oh well, I guess I can still wait for a deep sale on the Cyberpunk GOTY to give them as little appreciation as possible.

So, no different than any other game for you then? It's really hard for me to understand people who endlessly complain about a hobby they invest so much time in. Try being positive for once...it might actually feel good for a change.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2019, 12:00 Desalus

Slick wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 11:12:
The Xbox Presentation was really well done, for anyone that didn't catch it, I'd recommend just watching it in it's entirety.

I concur, it was a great presentation. There were so many previously unannounced games shown off I can't even remember them all. Keanu Reeves and Tim Schafer also provided a good laugh.

Also, I was very happy to hear that Game Pass Ultimate includes their all new PC games library as well. Game Pass Ultimate is a such a good deal considering how many games are available to play and all of Microsoft's games are available to play on day one of release (unlike EA/Origin Access). I'm not one to buy consoles on release day, but considering how much value I've gotten out of Game Pass, I'm planning to buy the next generation of Xbox in 2020.

News Comments > Warhammer: Chaosbane Released
7. Re: Warhammer: Chaosbane Released Jun 5, 2019, 09:28 Desalus

Rhett wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 07:34:
Overon wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 07:02:
Just another no name dev making a budget quality title unworthy of the the license and overcharging for it.

Why can't the owners of the IP ever give the license to someone who is competent? Oh I know, because the competent devs don't bid as highly to get the license and then after bidding so high to acquire the license, they have a low budget to actually develop the game and we get low quality shit like this.

When a new title is announced for a beloved IP franchise, everyone should immediately look at the pedigree and reputation and previous titles from that developer. And temper their expectations accordingly.

Totally agree. Boggles my mind, because it just keeps happening over and over! So many shitty games, except for the stuff from Relic, Space Marine, perhaps those turn-based ones (never got into them), and Total Warhammer...

It's Games Workshop we are talking about here. They are probably taking an unreasonably large cut of the profits which most large publishers and developers scoff at.

News Comments > Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows 10
4. Re: Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows 10 May 30, 2019, 11:59 Desalus

I was hoping that if you subscribe to Xbox Game Pass you get it for both Xbox and PC, but that doesn't sound like the case. With Xbox Game Pass subscribers can already play Microsoft's newest releases on the PC so that better not change when this launches.

I've definitely gotten a lot of value out of Xbox Game Pass but I don't think I'd pay for an additional one for PC. There's just too many games to play and I don't have time for even more.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Adding Vulkan Support
15. Re: CCP Layoffs: Dropping VR; Closing Studios Apr 17, 2019, 13:36 Desalus

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 22:28:
Desalus wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 21:56:
The performance of this game on my PC is pretty awful so I'm glad to see they are working on this.

What are your specs? My machine is almost 7 years old and it runs great at 1920x1200. Gtx670.

i5 2500k, radeon 580, 8 gb ram. The game is by far the worst performing game game I've played on my PC. When I approach space stations my fps will dip down to 10-15 and when I'm running around on planets it's usually between 25-30.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Adding Vulkan Support
3. Re: CCP Layoffs: Dropping VR; Closing Studios Apr 16, 2019, 21:56 Desalus

The performance of this game on my PC is pretty awful so I'm glad to see they are working on this.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September
53. Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 17:32 Desalus

If you play console games you should be used to this. PlayStation has exclusives. Xbox has exclusives. Nintendo has exclusives. Even on PC... Steam has exclusives. Origin has exclusives. Now Epic has exclusives.

I don't see any other way for Epic to compete with the monopoly of Steam besides doing what they are doing.

News Comments > Hilarious April Fool's 2019 Roundup #1
6. Re: Hilarious April Fool's Roundup #1 Apr 1, 2019, 11:25 Desalus

Can we get rid of April Fools day please? This stuff is getting so old and boring (or maybe it's just me getting older).  

News Comments > Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Reviews
11. Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Reviews Mar 21, 2019, 14:32 Desalus

Darks wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 14:07:
I have, hated the combat. Did not care for the constant dodging running away and waiting until the right time to strike, the fights took way to long to get through. bored me to death.

Same here. I continuously fail to understand why anyone would think these are fun games to play. After quickly dying to a boss multiple times and having to repeatedly replay the exact same section of the level I just decided these games weren't for me. I have too many other games to play and too little time to waste my time playing the same shit over and over.

News Comments > Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to Windows
4. Re: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to Windows Mar 12, 2019, 19:51 Desalus

It's hard to believe this is finally happening, but I'm very happy that it is! Microsoft made a good choice releasing this on Steam as well as their own store. They will sell a hell of a lot more copies and avoid a lot of negative reaction.  

295 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo