Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Desalus

Real Name Desalus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 30, 2013, 02:11
Total Comments 179 (Novice)
User ID 57911

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
18. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 12:12 Desalus

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 11:06:
Reviews say the gameplay is good, but the ending is bad.

The ending is bad in which way? I'm going to be very disappointed if the end cut-scenes are the same rush-job trash that was in DX:HR. To this day I still can't believe that a triple A story-driven game used generic video clips with a monologue put on top of it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Nordic Games Becomes THQ Nordic
1. Re: Nordic Games Becomes THQ Nordic Aug 12, 2016, 09:50 Desalus

I'm not sure why you would want to re-brand your company with the name of one that failed. I know Atari has been used over and over again, but Atari has much more brand recognition than THQ.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
41. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 28, 2016, 09:31 Desalus

jdreyer wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 22:51:
Desalus wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 19:12:
That..okay..well just blew my mind. That was, that was a thing that just happened. We were just walking around, you were swimming under water, and now you're in space.
Was that your first time seeing a trailer for this game?

Nah, I just couldn't resist quoting the IGN journalist in this video.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
9. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 27, 2016, 19:12 Desalus

That..okay..well just blew my mind. That was, that was a thing that just happened. We were just walking around, you were swimming under water, and now you're in space.  

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
9. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 10:18 Desalus

If this was actually an issue I would expect to see Gabe and the rest of Valve being very outspoken about it. We haven't heard anything from Valve and I haven't heard anything about Steam having problems with Windows 10. It looks like Tim is just spouting a conspiracy theory.  

News Comments > PC Gears of War 4 Details
9. Re: PC Gears of War 4 Details Jul 25, 2016, 11:24 Desalus

nin wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 10:04:

But were those released on pc? What were the sales numbers on pc? I'm not seeing 2 or 3? What's the advantage of playing it on pc when you're missing half of it?

Only the first one was released on the PC (twice actually). The first time it was a year after the 360 release and it required Games for Windows Live for online play. It probably didn't sell very well (unsurprisingly) because Microsoft and Epic Games didn't bother porting 2 & 3 over.

The storyline for Gears of War 4 picks up 25 years after the previous games, with new protagonists and new enemies, so it probably won't matter too much if players didn't play the previous games.

I'm optimistic that there's a market on the PC because the sales on the Xbox were large and this time it's being released at the same time as the console version.

News Comments > PC Gears of War 4 Details
3. Re: PC Gears of War 4 Details Jul 25, 2016, 09:51 Desalus

nin wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 09:38:
Is there really that much of a demand for this on the pc?

The first three Gears of War games sold 5 to 6.5 million copies, so yes, I imagine that there is a sizable market for the game on PC. Personally, I enjoyed the first three games and I do not own an XBONE (nor do I want to), so I am very glad to see this coming to PC.

News Comments > Fallout Shelter for PC Released
6. Re: Fallout Shelter for PC Released Jul 14, 2016, 11:27 Desalus

Ugh...I hope Bethesda isn't going to force their launcher upon PC gamers like Ubisoft with Uplay.

As far as Fallout Shelter, I played it to the max amount of dwellers and I uninstalled it immediately afterwards. It was a pretty shallow experience with little content, so I'm glad to see that they are adding something substantial to it.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Pokémon Go Linked to CIA Jul 12, 2016, 12:31 Desalus

Good lord. Alex Jones and Info Wars are a bunch of lunatics.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: PC Gaming Is Still Way Too Hard Jul 12, 2016, 12:24 Desalus

Step 1: Have an unreasonable amount of disposable income.
Spending $2000 on a PC, as the author did, is definitely not a requirement to play PC games. You can probably build a PC that will play most modern games for around $500-$600.

Step 2: Have an unreasonable amount of time to research, shop around, and assemble parts for your computer.
Did the author not know about pcpartpicker.com? Also, there's ample amounts of videos on youtube to help you put a PC together. Problem solved.

Step 3: Get used to the idea that this is something you're going to have to keep investing time and money in as long as you want to stay at the cutting edge or recommended specifications range for new PC games.
I have a five year old computer which I upgraded only one part in (video card died), and I can still play modern PC games. Obviously console gamers aren't concerned with playing games with cutting edge graphics and frames-per-second, so why would they suddenly be concerned with that if they were to build a PC?

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2016, 12:33.

News Comments > Rust Adding XP System
1. Re: Rust Adding XP System Jul 8, 2016, 10:50 Desalus

To my great surprise for a second there I thought Facebook had acquired Facepunch Studios.  

News Comments > Evolve Stage 2 Details
25. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 16:46 Desalus

Razumen wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 14:52:
Hardly. What AAA F2P game doesn't have a cash shop? The question isn't whether it will have one, but what it will sell.

That's true, they all have a cash shop but they differ widely. Whereas some sell purely cosmetic items, others go all out and sell weapons, classes, maps, etc. While the former is inconsequential to players the latter is definitely not. I just have a bad feeling that the cash shop for the game will not simply be for cosmetic items.

News Comments > Evolve Stage 2 Details
11. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 12:04 Desalus

I find it very suspicious that there is no announcement as to how they are actually going to make money with the game now that it is F2P. I get the feeling that it's a huge bait and switch scheme. Beta will have no cash shop in order to draw people in and get them hooked, and then when the game is re-released it will have all sorts of monetized content.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released
1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jun 30, 2016, 19:23 Desalus

Why is this not the default gore setting for TW: Warhammer? I thought the ESRB rating was 'M' this entire time and I was shocked to see that it was instead 'T'.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Amazon Echo makes my kids rude Jun 10, 2016, 13:42 Desalus

Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 13:09:
Can't read the article here at work, but here's a thought:

Maybe, I dunno, spend some more time with your kids instead of buying a few pieces of technology and expecting those to raise them for you? Or don't buy an Amazon Echo and take 5 seconds to do shit yourself?

It's not about raising your kids or them being lazy. Instead it's about the lack of manners one needs when utilizing Echo. When you ask Alexa to do something you don't have to say 'please' or 'thank you'. It's an AI that works better with concise requests which means the typical niceties aren't typically said.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Early Access in September
3. Re: Conan Exiles Early Access in September Jun 10, 2016, 13:32 Desalus

Judging from that video it appears that Funcom has their work cut out for them in the next three months (I saw a lot more walking around than I did actual combat). If it usually takes them several years before allowing outside testers to play, and Exiles will only be in development for a year, the game will probably be in a rough state in September. Hopefully it will be good enough to warrant some positive reviews.

Frijoles wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 12:54:
MMORPG? I thought they were making a single player game.

It's an MMO in the same sense that ARK, Rust, and all the other survival multiplayer games are considered to be MMOs. Conan Exiles will have single player and multiplayer (public and private servers).

News Comments > Paragon Essentials Edition Released
3. Re: Paragon Essentials Edition Released Jun 7, 2016, 13:42 Desalus

$60 for a free to play, early access, multiplayer only game which has only one gameplay mode and one map? Count me in!  

News Comments > Steam Controller Report
5. Re: Steam Controller Report Jun 2, 2016, 09:40 Desalus

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 07:57:
GameStop has them down to $35. A friend of mine picked one up and the guy at the counter said that's the first one they've ever sold.

Damnit...I just bought two steam controllers and a steam link there on Saturday. If only I would have waited four days I could have saved $45.

News Comments > Funcom Rebounds
3. Re: Funcom Rebounds May 26, 2016, 10:52 Desalus

Glad to see this news. Exiles will probably be one of the very few Early Access games I buy because I'm a big fan of the Conan setting and I want to see Funcom stay afloat. I'm a bit worried that the EA will be a bare bones release however since it's planned for a summer release and there has yet to be any gameplay footage.  

News Comments > New Unreal Tournament Map
9. Re: New Unreal Tournament Map May 26, 2016, 09:20 Desalus

MattyC wrote on May 26, 2016, 06:05:
JaguarUSF wrote on May 26, 2016, 05:58:
Kosumo wrote on May 26, 2016, 04:57:
Anyone know what the business model is for this product?

If memory serves, people can charge for mods and they will get a cut of that?

I don't know. My GoogleFu has turned up nothing clearly stated. Obviously with UDK and Make Something Unreal they have the option to spawn whole games, but this may be something different for them.

"Since Unreal Tournament is being in part created by a community of volunteers, the game will be completely free when it is released. Epic Games stressed the point that it will be just free not free-to-play, meaning there will be not microtransactions or gameplay-affecting items. To pay for the game, it will eventually create a marketplace where developers, modders, artists, and players can buy and sell mods and content, or just give it away for free.Earnings from this marketplace will be split between the content creator and Epic."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_Tournament_%28upcoming_video_game%29#Model

179 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo