Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Desalus

Real Name Desalus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 30, 2013, 02:11
Total Comments 195 (Novice)
User ID 57911

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Anthem Revealed
22. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 12, 2017, 09:57 Desalus

Quinn wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 05:26:
Fucking co-op, though. Wish that concept died in the fire of reason. What's a loner or grow-up to do? I'm fucking 31. All my friends are going places, having kids, like myself. A friend bought me Wildlands 2 months ago for co-op with him. We managed to team up twice so far. 4 hours total.

Fucking co-op..

If it's designed well I'm guessing a large part of it can be done solo (probably that entire outdoor area). The dungeons may require more than one player, but a four player pickup group shouldn't take too long for the game to automatically put together. Of course it's more fun playing with people you know, but that doesn't mean you still can't have a good time with strangers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anthem Revealed
9. Re: Anthem Revealed Jun 11, 2017, 23:27 Desalus

Looks like it could be a lot of fun. Hopefully since it's a Bioware game the story and setting will not be a complete afterthought (as I've heard Destiny was).  

News Comments > Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve
12. Re: Writer Jay Pinkerton Leaves Valve Jun 7, 2017, 13:27 Desalus

I'm surprised that Valve even had that many writers. It's not like any of their games were heavy on story or dialogue.  

News Comments > Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice in August
1. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice in August Jun 7, 2017, 10:24 Desalus

I'm curious as to why the price is half of what I expected it to be. Does that mean the game is going to be extremely short?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 15:19 Desalus

Kxmode wrote on May 23, 2017, 14:49:
Terrorism will cease to exist as will a ton of other issues, including religion. As an aside, religion, (hidden for the religiously sensitive.) as you know it, was never meant to be. It came into existence only after Adam and Eve sinned. The purpose of religion is to provide "parental" guidance from God to imperfect humans on how to behave. Unfortunately, our present condition inclines us towards disobedience. However, after people reach perfection, there won't be a need for religion.

I can see why you hid that because it's quite an interesting theory you have there . So when can we all expect to become perfect beings?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 11:18 Desalus

bigspender wrote on May 23, 2017, 10:14:
Just dreadful!
People aren't going to tolerate this much longer I suspect, not when their children are the targets.

People with 7th century ideologies don't belong in modern society, and they themselves don't want to live in a modern society. The solution seems pretty straight forward to me.

So what's your straight forward solution?

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Trailer
7. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Trailer May 11, 2017, 15:27 Desalus

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 11, 2017, 11:33:
I'm still waiting for the first one in an AIO version with all the DLCs at a reduced price to come out.

Hopefully you're patient because TW:Rome 2, which came out nearly four years ago, still doesn't have a 'collection' pack for sale on Steam.

News Comments > Darksiders III Leaked
1. Re: Darksiders III Leaked May 2, 2017, 10:24 Desalus

Wow, what an unfortunate way for a big name game to be announced (I hope that description is a placeholder because it's not very good). Anyway, I'm really glad to see a third entry in this series, but I'm very curious to know who the developer is (hopefully it's Gunfire Games).

I

News Comments > Dragon Age 4 Outed?
19. Re: Dragon Age 4 Outed? Apr 7, 2017, 09:32 Desalus

Redmask wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 07:57:
ledhead1969 wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 02:42:
Wow, so much hate and negativity. I'm looking forward to it.

You're looking forward to picking flowers to save the world and doing the same dragon fight 8 times? Me too, sounds wonderful.

I encourage you and the other highly negative people to not buy the next Bioware game then, simple as that!

It's extremely bizarre that a simple vague tweet can produce such hostility. Nothing has been announced, nothing has been shown, and yet many of you have already decided the next Bioware game will be shit. People get far too worked up about games and what they think they are entitled to.

News Comments > Mad Catz Closed
14. Re: Mad Catz Closed Apr 1, 2017, 00:02 Desalus

Sad to see a competitor go but I'm honestly not surprised. The few times I bought Mad Catz controllers when I was a kid convinced me to never buy a third party controller ever again.  

News Comments > Dungeon Souls Launches
2. Re: Dungeon Souls Launches Dec 4, 2016, 00:38 Desalus

Fion wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 13:53:
Is this is a Soulsborne game or just coincidence?

As far as I'm aware it has absolutely no connection. I don't think it's a coincidence either because it's an obvious attempt to cash in on popularity of the 'Souls' name.

News Comments > Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month
4. Re: Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Next Month Oct 19, 2016, 10:56 Desalus

I was hoping they would announce whether or not owners of the original on Steam get this edition for free. I guess they will keep us in the dark for another month.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 22, 2016, 19:26 Desalus

shiho wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 17:41:
I don't care of that makes Pence the candidate, or of it gives Sanders another stab at it, or whoever else - I have this feeling that Hillary should say, "fuck your expectations, fuck the money, fuck the promises, it's my life and I choose to live it".
Pence would switch political parties if Clinton dropped out of the race? That would be interesting to see!

I would vote for Clinton even if she had a terminal illness and was expected to die soon after being elected. Kaine is MUCH more preferable than Trump or Pence.

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: The Reaper's Due Released
5. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Reaper's Due Released Aug 25, 2016, 17:06 Desalus

Leper wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 12:11:
This is the 61st piece of paid DLC they have released for this game. That's just crazy...I long for the days when this nickel and dime DLC was collected together and released as a big expansion pack.

Assuming the total price is the same, why would does it matter if you get the content in chunks over a period of time or all at once at the end? Wait to the end if you want to wait until the end. Or are you saying you want the same content for cheaper? Well yeah, who doesn't...

Yes, the assumption I was making is you wait longer and then get a full expansion pack instead of everything being released in small chunks with heavily inflated prices.

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: The Reaper's Due Released
2. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Reaper's Due Released Aug 25, 2016, 11:14 Desalus

This is the 61st piece of paid DLC they have released for this game. That's just crazy...I long for the days when this nickel and dime DLC was collected together and released as a big expansion pack.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
4. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 10:21 Desalus

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 10:14:
Im kind of glad I had trouble preordering, as it seems that the game needs more time in the Oven.

Yet another example of a AAA game which people shouldn't have preordered. You would think Deus Ex would be a safe game to preorder, but I guess nothing is these days. It's kind of funny how many people don't learn any lesson from the many terrible releases of AAA games in the past few years (especially on the PC).

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
18. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 12:12 Desalus

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 11:06:
Reviews say the gameplay is good, but the ending is bad.

The ending is bad in which way? I'm going to be very disappointed if the end cut-scenes are the same rush-job trash that was in DX:HR. To this day I still can't believe that a triple A story-driven game used generic video clips with a monologue put on top of it.

News Comments > Nordic Games Becomes THQ Nordic
1. Re: Nordic Games Becomes THQ Nordic Aug 12, 2016, 09:50 Desalus

I'm not sure why you would want to re-brand your company with the name of one that failed. I know Atari has been used over and over again, but Atari has much more brand recognition than THQ.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
41. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 28, 2016, 09:31 Desalus

jdreyer wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 22:51:
Desalus wrote on Jul 27, 2016, 19:12:
That..okay..well just blew my mind. That was, that was a thing that just happened. We were just walking around, you were swimming under water, and now you're in space.
Was that your first time seeing a trailer for this game?

Nah, I just couldn't resist quoting the IGN journalist in this video.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
9. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Jul 27, 2016, 19:12 Desalus

That..okay..well just blew my mind. That was, that was a thing that just happened. We were just walking around, you were swimming under water, and now you're in space.  

195 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo