Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Desalus

Real Name Desalus   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 30, 2013, 02:11
Total Comments 288 (Amateur)
User ID 57911

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Uplay+ Game List
6. Re: Uplay+ Game List Jul 17, 2019, 09:20 Desalus

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 17, 2019, 02:18:
Their games are only worth purchasing to me after all the patches and the season pass content has been released, i.e. whenever the gold or ultimate versions go on sale.

So in the end you do buy "UBISHIT" and "Ubi garbage." It's okay to admit that you actually do like some Ubisoft games. You won't ruin your malcontent image if you do. Also, are you aware that most of the games on Uplay+ do include the season pass content and all of the patches?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jun 20, 2019, 13:35 Desalus

So what is the author's solution? Every WWII game set in the Western theater now needs a mission where, as an allied soldier, you discover a concentration camp? Or perhaps every German soldier you play needs to have an inner dialogue about how they feel terrible fighting for the Nazi cause? Perhaps the author desires something akin to the Call of Duty airport mission where you play as a German soldier exterminating an entire village. At what point do you demonstrate the culpability of every German soldier?

I can understand the viewpoint of the author, but to expect every WWII game to explore the dark side of the Wehrmacht would be hamfisted and forced. EA never claimed BFV was historically accurate and everyone knows this. Games, first and foremost, are meant to be fun to play. Most are not designed for deep storytelling and the exploration of the darker side of humanity.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Roadmap
10. Re: RAGE 2 Roadmap Jun 10, 2019, 14:59 Desalus

El Pit wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:16:
I would have already bought it but a looong backlog of games and the wait for a feature complete edition made me resist.

I wish companies would sell the game and add stuff later for free. This DLC nonsense and season and year passes just make me buy games later and cheaper.

I felt the same way until recently I realized that I don't even enjoy much of the DLC that is released for single player games. Most of it is tacked on side-quest/adventures that aren't even integrated into the main storyline. Once I finish the main storyline I find it difficult to care about anything extra that is inconsequential and not of any value to me finishing the main game.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2019, 13:35 Desalus

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 13:00:
Oh well, I guess I can still wait for a deep sale on the Cyberpunk GOTY to give them as little appreciation as possible.

So, no different than any other game for you then? It's really hard for me to understand people who endlessly complain about a hobby they invest so much time in. Try being positive for once...it might actually feel good for a change.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 10, 2019, 12:00 Desalus

Slick wrote on Jun 10, 2019, 11:12:
The Xbox Presentation was really well done, for anyone that didn't catch it, I'd recommend just watching it in it's entirety.

I concur, it was a great presentation. There were so many previously unannounced games shown off I can't even remember them all. Keanu Reeves and Tim Schafer also provided a good laugh.

Also, I was very happy to hear that Game Pass Ultimate includes their all new PC games library as well. Game Pass Ultimate is a such a good deal considering how many games are available to play and all of Microsoft's games are available to play on day one of release (unlike EA/Origin Access). I'm not one to buy consoles on release day, but considering how much value I've gotten out of Game Pass, I'm planning to buy the next generation of Xbox in 2020.

News Comments > Warhammer: Chaosbane Released
7. Re: Warhammer: Chaosbane Released Jun 5, 2019, 09:28 Desalus

Rhett wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 07:34:
Overon wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 07:02:
Just another no name dev making a budget quality title unworthy of the the license and overcharging for it.

Why can't the owners of the IP ever give the license to someone who is competent? Oh I know, because the competent devs don't bid as highly to get the license and then after bidding so high to acquire the license, they have a low budget to actually develop the game and we get low quality shit like this.

When a new title is announced for a beloved IP franchise, everyone should immediately look at the pedigree and reputation and previous titles from that developer. And temper their expectations accordingly.

Totally agree. Boggles my mind, because it just keeps happening over and over! So many shitty games, except for the stuff from Relic, Space Marine, perhaps those turn-based ones (never got into them), and Total Warhammer...

It's Games Workshop we are talking about here. They are probably taking an unreasonably large cut of the profits which most large publishers and developers scoff at.

News Comments > Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows 10
4. Re: Xbox Game Pass Coming to Windows 10 May 30, 2019, 11:59 Desalus

I was hoping that if you subscribe to Xbox Game Pass you get it for both Xbox and PC, but that doesn't sound like the case. With Xbox Game Pass subscribers can already play Microsoft's newest releases on the PC so that better not change when this launches.

I've definitely gotten a lot of value out of Xbox Game Pass but I don't think I'd pay for an additional one for PC. There's just too many games to play and I don't have time for even more.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Adding Vulkan Support
15. Re: CCP Layoffs: Dropping VR; Closing Studios Apr 17, 2019, 13:36 Desalus

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 22:28:
Desalus wrote on Apr 16, 2019, 21:56:
The performance of this game on my PC is pretty awful so I'm glad to see they are working on this.

What are your specs? My machine is almost 7 years old and it runs great at 1920x1200. Gtx670.

i5 2500k, radeon 580, 8 gb ram. The game is by far the worst performing game game I've played on my PC. When I approach space stations my fps will dip down to 10-15 and when I'm running around on planets it's usually between 25-30.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Adding Vulkan Support
3. Re: CCP Layoffs: Dropping VR; Closing Studios Apr 16, 2019, 21:56 Desalus

The performance of this game on my PC is pretty awful so I'm glad to see they are working on this.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September
53. Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 17:32 Desalus

If you play console games you should be used to this. PlayStation has exclusives. Xbox has exclusives. Nintendo has exclusives. Even on PC... Steam has exclusives. Origin has exclusives. Now Epic has exclusives.

I don't see any other way for Epic to compete with the monopoly of Steam besides doing what they are doing.

News Comments > Hilarious April Fool's 2019 Roundup #1
6. Re: Hilarious April Fool's Roundup #1 Apr 1, 2019, 11:25 Desalus

Can we get rid of April Fools day please? This stuff is getting so old and boring (or maybe it's just me getting older).  

News Comments > Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Reviews
11. Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Reviews Mar 21, 2019, 14:32 Desalus

Darks wrote on Mar 21, 2019, 14:07:
I have, hated the combat. Did not care for the constant dodging running away and waiting until the right time to strike, the fights took way to long to get through. bored me to death.

Same here. I continuously fail to understand why anyone would think these are fun games to play. After quickly dying to a boss multiple times and having to repeatedly replay the exact same section of the level I just decided these games weren't for me. I have too many other games to play and too little time to waste my time playing the same shit over and over.

News Comments > Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to Windows
4. Re: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to Windows Mar 12, 2019, 19:51 Desalus

It's hard to believe this is finally happening, but I'm very happy that it is! Microsoft made a good choice releasing this on Steam as well as their own store. They will sell a hell of a lot more copies and avoid a lot of negative reaction.  

News Comments > Funcom Inks DUNE Gaming Deal
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 26, 2019, 23:21 Desalus

Tom wrote on Feb 26, 2019, 22:57:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 26, 2019, 21:40:
Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2019, 20:19:
Shai Hulud

For someone who has never seen Dune (1984) before... do you recommend a specific version? I hear there are a few different cuts out there.
Watch the original cinematic cut. Avoid anything that says it's an extended version.

The Blu-ray version is actually pretty nice quality. And the film has aged well IMO.

The Sci-Fi Channel mini series from the year 2000 is much better than the movie.

News Comments > Anthem Day One Patch Notes Redux
60. Re: Anthem Day One Patch Notes Redux Feb 22, 2019, 14:16 Desalus

Kxmode wrote on Feb 22, 2019, 00:03:
All of what you just said means you don't see the game as a service even after claiming, "People were fully expecting it to be a games-as-service game with microtransactions." Which is it? You cannot, on the one hand, say people expected such a game and then on the other claim the game will be in a better state in six months. It needs to be the best state at its 2/22 launch. Anything less than that is an unfinished Games-as-a-Service. In the beginning, I had called the early access to Anthem's demo a glorified beta test. But now, "beta test" is irrelevant for an unfinished game.

People were expecting it to be game-as-service. They weren't expecting it to be the quality that it currently is because it's Bioware's game. Having played many MMORPGs in the past I'm entirely used to this. So many of those games were release in an unpolished state, and over time with many updates and expansion packs many of them became great games filled with content. I don't find it to be surprising at all to find Anthem in the state it's in. It's just par for the course with this type of game. If it's a game-as-service or MMORPG, I expect there will be plenty of patches and expansions that make the game much better.

47. Re: Anthem Day One Patch Notes Redux Feb 21, 2019, 22:29 Desalus

Kxmode wrote on Feb 21, 2019, 19:21:
Desalus wrote on Feb 21, 2019, 17:27:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 21, 2019, 16:17:
Pushing aside the imagery of your point, consider if you spend $15 on a steak dinner, you get a complete meal. If something is missing or not made how you want it you will say something about it to the waiter/waitress, or the manager if the issue is particularly bad. Using your analogy, Anthem is a $15 steak dinner that's missing the steak. All you've got is peas and mashed potatoes.

What's the point of arguing with someone about whether or not they feel they got their money's worth out of what they purchased? It's entirely subjective.

Except on the menu, it states very clearly "$15 ... Steak Dinner." If you paid $15 for a steak dinner, you expect the full experience. Likewise, if you paid full price or subscribed to Origin to play a video game then you expect the full experience. EA is using BioWare's reputation to pitch Anthem as a feature-rich, full BioWare experience when in reality it is not.

Ultimately, the point isn't about the subjective nature of money's worth. It's about EA not being honest and telling people what Anthem is. Of course, they would never do so because once the reality of Anthem settles in the game is going to tank hard. For some, they got it right away. For others, it's going to take a few weeks or months. But eventually, everyone is going to understand Anthem for what it is. A full priced, microtransaction riddled, early access Games-as-a-Service experiment.

What were you expecting from this game? Clearly Anthem was developed to be EA's attempt at a type of game like Destiny or The Division. People were fully expecting it to be a games-as-service game with micro transactions. If you want to call it an experiment because it's their first, then yes it's an experiment. You'd have to call Destiny and The Division experiments as well and both of those game did well enough to warrant sequels. If Anthem doesn't do well it's not because people are going to figure this out (because they were already expecting it). Instead it's because EA is releasing it too early and it's getting a ton of bad press and word-of-mouth due to all the bugs and poor design/implementation.

Is anything major missing from the game that they said would be there and is not? To me it seems like they delivered on all the major features of the game. Storyline based, yes. Multiplayer squad based gameplay, yes. RPG progression system, yes. Loot and gear system, yes. End game, yes. Third person shooter combat, yes. Flying around in a mech, yes. The only thing missing is polish. Given another six months this game would have probably released in a much better state than it is. I can imagine the executives at EA got tired of bankrolling the development of this game and decided that it was good enough to release (to its detriment).

38. Re: Anthem Day One Patch Notes Redux Feb 21, 2019, 17:27 Desalus

Kxmode wrote on Feb 21, 2019, 16:17:
Pushing aside the imagery of your point, consider if you spend $15 on a steak dinner, you get a complete meal. If something is missing or not made how you want it you will say something about it to the waiter/waitress, or the manager if the issue is particularly bad. Using your analogy, Anthem is a $15 steak dinner that's missing the steak. All you've got is peas and mashed potatoes.

What's the point of arguing with someone about whether or not they feel they got their money's worth out of what they purchased? It's entirely subjective.

News Comments > Paradox and Microsoft Launch Paradox Mods
4. Re: Paradox and Microsoft Launch Paradox Mods Feb 20, 2019, 13:55 Desalus

Creston wrote on Feb 20, 2019, 11:18:
Yay, now besides exclusive stores we're going to have exclusive mod portals? (I don't actually know whether it'll be exclusive, but let's be cynical and say it'll go that way.)

Do we NEED more mod portals? What mods do moddb, nexus and steam workshop not cater to? So yes, in regard to those gamers, another mod portal is useful.

Moddb, nexus, and steam workshop don't mean anything for Xbox One users since they can't use it.

select mods that you want to play and the game will automatically download and add them to your playing experience.

Hahahaha. This is being powered by Microsoft, right? Hahahaha. Yeah, I'm sure it'll work that seamlessly. Rolleyes

How many Microsoft accounts will we need to log into for this?

Everyone likes to bad-mouth Microsoft, but I've had no problems with Play Anywhere and downloading games to my Xbox One using their Game Pass phone app (and I've only ever needed one account).

News Comments > Anthem Day One Patch Details
7. Re: Anthem Day One Patch Details Feb 19, 2019, 13:33 Desalus

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 19, 2019, 13:15:
Yeah I wouldn't pay full price for this now. I'd wait a year, get all fixed up and more content and be $40 or less. It's all PvE so being top dog is way less important.

It will be interesting to see if this game does not sell to EA's expectations (which I'm not expecting it will given the poor feedback it's been getting), how long EA will continue to support it before throwing in the towel. Hopefully they have enough sense to continue to improve the game long enough in order to bring back the people they already lost and those that are holding off until it's a much better game.

News Comments > Neill Blomkamp's Anthem Trailer
2. Re: Neill Blomkamp's Anthem Trailer Feb 14, 2019, 22:38 Desalus

That's a pretty sweet trailer. Hopefully it turns into something more.  

288 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo