Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for OldDirtyEwok

Real Name OldDirtyEwok   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 27, 2013, 17:22
Total Comments 107 (Novice)
User ID 57908

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Operation: Shamrock & Awe
3. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Operation: Shamrock & Awe Mar 14, 2018, 17:39 OldDirtyEwok

Last event was horseshit, the new maps were available to XBOX and PC players when the event was practically over.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Turning Tide North Sea Update
4. Re: Battlefield 1 Turning Tide North Sea Update Jan 31, 2018, 15:46 OldDirtyEwok

Slick wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 15:25:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 11:17:
Yeah. How about dialing down that $65CAD Premium Pass first?

If you could do that, that'd be great.

You mean the industry standard for post-launch DLC for a AAA game?

Yeah, they tried that with SWBF2, giving away all post-launch DLC content for free to all players who bought the base game, and loot boxes to demonstrate post launch revenue, for people who were too impatient to grind normally... And we all know how well that worked.

So the community-dividing wallet-draining season pass model is here to stay! Great job guys! WE DID IT!

Yep, Battlefront 2 loot system was fine the way it was during the beta. How was it worse than dishing out 70$cad on DLC I'll never know.

News Comments > AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers
3. Re: AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Dec 12, 2017, 15:00 OldDirtyEwok

Don't see anything for mining...

News Comments > Loot Boxes Under Fire
8. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 11:56 OldDirtyEwok

Retired wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 11:32:
CoD just updated this week with ways to buy coins to purchase loot boxes. Sad. I don't see it as gambling, I see it as "buyer beware".

/remembers when we could make our own player skins....

GET OFF MY LAWN!
(seriously, I moved to the burbs, it is a nice lawn, please stay off of it)

As long as real money is involved, it's exactly like slot machines.

I'm not in the "vulnerable" category and yet the last 2 CODs managed to get 100$ worth of loot boxes out of me... so you can imagine the effects it can have on other idiots like me and kids. I'm sure awful stories are gonna start to come out.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch
2. Re: PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch Nov 20, 2017, 14:31 OldDirtyEwok

NewMaxx wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 11:20:
My feelings about this (as a big PS2 fan):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w92RLWYzSOE

That's pretty much my feeling going from PS1 to PS2

News Comments > Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours
6. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 11:31 OldDirtyEwok

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:48:
Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:43:
Well, that's better than the 40 hours per character it was at.
It is but I think the damage has been done. It will be interesting to see if this game can recover from the messy start

Indeed, the social media horde won the first battle but they won't win the war...future updates and content might just not happen.

All this mess was based on numbers and concerns that weren't actual facts.

The micro transactions in Black Ops 3 were far worse, where was the horde then??

News Comments > WWI Shooter Tannenberg Released
3. Re: WWI Shooter Tannenberg Released Nov 16, 2017, 16:48 OldDirtyEwok

64 players? I'm in

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
1. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 10:26 OldDirtyEwok

The uproar over this is a bit ridiculous...I mean even a shitty loot system is better than spending 70$ on a season pass where the DLCs divide the player base.

I've played the beta plus the 10h trial and I don't think it's as bad as people say...again tho, I'm comparing this versus a season pass.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 13, 2017, 10:54 OldDirtyEwok

Kajetan wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 10:39:
This is a good one.

About 40h per hero, about 9 heroes are unlockable. 360 hours or ... just a few bucks, eh? This IS grind made to encourage buying those chars instead of playing the game to unlock them.

And this answer is the epitome of lying your customer in the face.

I'm playing the 10h trial right now and I've already unlocked a few heroes, not sure where you get those numbers.

Anyway, should heroes be easy to unlock? i think not

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII's Big Launch
1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII's Big Launch Nov 8, 2017, 10:33 OldDirtyEwok

WWII for dummies... is basically what this game is. I'm not sure why so many people, including review sites think this game is good. Confused

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Operation Campaigns and Free Map Coming
4. Re: Battlefield 1 Operation Campaigns and Free Map Coming Nov 1, 2017, 12:21 OldDirtyEwok

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 10:35:
It feels like this game has lost a ton of its playerbase... I went back to go play a few nights ago, after about 2 months away, no full servers, only half full Hardcore Conquest servers, mostly empty servers in the playlist. I guess there is too much else to play right now?

It might be time to free up 60+ gigs of SSD space.

The entire planet is playing PUBG ...

I play regularly, still lots of people playing. Best online shooter IMO.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs
6. Re: New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs Oct 30, 2017, 14:33 OldDirtyEwok

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 11:47:
I wonder how popular this game will be on the PC.
I don't mind buying a CoD game every couple of years, but judging from the previous few releases, they're a ghost town online. Can't even find any MP games in Team Deathmatch.
I'd hate to invest money into a game like that and than not being able to find any games online after the first few months.

On PC it's a crapshoot, Black Ops 3 did well, Infinite warfare did terrible.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Live-Action Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Live-Action Trailer Oct 16, 2017, 10:33 OldDirtyEwok

Does that mean ground war is coming back?

News Comments > On CoD: WWII Beta Detail Leaks
1. Re: On CoD: WWII Beta Detail Leaks Oct 9, 2017, 13:53 OldDirtyEwok

Multiplayer wise, it might be the worst CoD yet. Maps are claustrophobic, the assault rifles are useless and movement feels clunky. It might not represent the full game but it's not looking good.  

News Comments > Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players
17. Re: Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players Oct 5, 2017, 16:57 OldDirtyEwok

Verno wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 14:10:
I find it difficult to believe 7 million installed and played Fortnite, free weekend or not. I've seen popular Steam games with a lot more market penetration (who uses Epic's client again?) and advertising fail to put up those numbers over a longer period of time. Smells like a headline for the sake of PR.

It was on XBOX as well

News Comments > Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players
6. Re: Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players Oct 5, 2017, 11:31 OldDirtyEwok

Go shot and killed by my squadmate...uninstalled

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta Begins
6. Re: Was actually excited about this... Sep 29, 2017, 01:16 OldDirtyEwok

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 22:01:
I was actually really excited about this CoD, as I'm not a fan of the jetpack/wall running of the last couple installments.

Preloaded earlier this week, and couldn't wait to play tonight. (Since the last open beta started early, I assumed this one would too)

Loaded it up, played it...and an hour later uninstalled.

The game feels really zoomed in for some reason, even at 90 FoV. Maps are claustrophically small, weapons take up way too much of the screen, very few players in each game, etc.

Just really "meh", through and through. Back to PUBG I imagine, sigh.

ya its a claustrophobic shit fest on ps4 as well, i don't know what the hell they were thinking developing this garbage.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Patch Includes Major Changes
2. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Includes Major Changes Sep 27, 2017, 11:56 OldDirtyEwok

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 27, 2017, 10:51:
Really fun game with actually a pretty decent learning curve, if you get into an outfit with coordination it becomes ultra fun.

PlanetSide 2 is so disappointing. PanetSide 1 was one of my favorite games ever but they changed way too many things in the sequel.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Beta Preloads
4. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Beta Preloads Sep 25, 2017, 23:51 OldDirtyEwok

If you think the previous CoDs had small maps, WWII is a claustrophobic shit fest.  

News Comments > LawBreakers Roadmap
11. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 14:52 OldDirtyEwok

4D-Boxing wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 13:09:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 10:19:
The low player numbers are unfortunate but the market is simply saturated with shooters. I'm definitely having more fun with Lawbreakers than Quake Champions tho.

Not trying to troll, but i don't any market saturation when it comes to online multiplayer FPS. I'm one of the few people that sees matchmaking as a step backwards. Others like myself basically have BF series and the free to play DB for a solid online experience. UT stayed in alpha so long that it's dead, CS:GO is getting long in the tooth. Overwatch was interesting, but relies on match making. They can keep matchmaking for those who need to play against easier opponents (people around their level). I jump in, get schooled for an hour or two, learn, adapt and school people with way higher ranks and clan members. I enjoy the challenge and get a certain satisfaction from being able to hang with people half my age and younger and or clans.

Anyways, all that to say there isn't much out there. Still hope Quake will have a server browser or it's a no go for people like me.

On PC I have BF1, BF4, Dirty Bomb, Lawbreakers, Doom, Quake Champions, AA Proving Grounds, Team Fortress 2, R6 siege, Squad, Rising Storm 2 and Overwatch. On PS4 Infinite warfare, Black ops 3, Modern warfare, Titanfall 2, Destiny 2, BF hardline. On XBOX Halo 5 and Gear of wars....and I don't even play ARMA3 PUBG or CSGO... seems like saturation to me.

That said, for those that like games similar to Battlefield the offering is indeed weak.

107 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo