Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overmann

Real Name Overmann   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 10, 2013, 15:02
Total Comments 16 (Suspect)
User ID 57895

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name?
21. Re: Descent Underground Delayed; Resumes Testing; Changes Name? Oct 6, 2018, 17:18 Overmann

The problem with Underground was that the movement felt terrible, the guns weren't satisfying to fire, the levels were pretty basic and the AI was completely stupid. On top of that the mining was dumb, the different ship class seemed very unDescent like and whole story concept sounded boring.

Which brings up something else, idk if it was ever confirmed or not but is sounded like you'd just be fighting other "drones" not different types of bots.

Overload nailed all of these things from it's first demo.

I suppose a lot can change in a year, but on the other hand Underground started first. And when Overload came out, Underground still played terribly.

Also games that have the same name as the original always irked me. Need for Speed, Doom, Etc.. Can't you come up with something new?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overload Released
3. Re: Overload Released Jun 1, 2018, 07:27 Overmann

Hopefully we'll get a GOG release today as well.

From the dev: "Thanks for your patience with GOG. We ran into an issue with launching, and are having trouble resolving it since there is a holiday there. We hoped to have a more definite launch time to tell you, but we are still unsure. Hoping tomorrow, but can't promise as of yet. Sorry for the inconvenience."

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2018, 10:20.

News Comments > Wargaming Seattle Closing
9. Re: Wargaming Seattle Closing May 25, 2018, 14:49 Overmann

Prez wrote on May 25, 2018, 08:37:
The world didn't need their "unannounced MMO"...
I'm pretty sure they had the rights to Total Annihilation. I really hope it never gets turned into an MMO.

News Comments > Myst Series Coming to Windows 10
25. Re: Myst Series Coming to Windows 10 Mar 19, 2018, 06:58 Overmann

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 22:02:
Overmann wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 20:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 18:59:
Unless I am blind I see no mention there for Myst 1, Myst 2 and Riven..... I am asking because I have the (DVD) in my drive, it's a German anniversary edition by Cyan games and it got no loose files, it got all 3 Myst games and Riven on a DVD with installers as cab/exe combo and autostart launcher with menu to install things etc.

This version was fixed to run in Windows XP natively btw. For Myst 1 that was even back then extremely wonky (256 colors only)

I don't know about the German version, but I've got the US anniversary edition and it has all the files required on it.

You can find which files are required from the disc here:
Myst
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles#Myst

Riven
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles#Riven:_The_Sequel_to_Myst

BTW Riven is Myst 2

Mhh, then I seem to be out of luck ;/ Honestly can't remember where I got this disc from though, I think from some polish store or something, does look very pretty ^^. Maybe a black market copy because it sure doesn't say anniversary, it says compilation....? Wouldn't that be something, either way can't do anything, all I got is 3 setup.exe and 3 cabs, and the various IS files with the old install shield icon and a white exe (non supported 16bit). I only faintly remember there being a launcher and it fixing the horrendous load times for Myst 1 which was why I kept the thing around.

I guess I need to google fu a old cab unpacker... sigh. But once I figure this out your links will be very helpful, thanks for that.

Honestly how the heavens did you find that on that site though? I must be failing at navigating websites today because I couldn't find this list and I actually looked. Oh well, I blame my old age

Ps.: In German it's Myst 2: Riven, so you guys confused me But I think that's the same thing they did with the first Anno game, which confuses me to this day as I own them on uPlay and physical, so they have 2 different names and not even saves sync up. Bought this compilation on a poland trip and near the border they always sold games cheap (that was before the )

Usually when I go to look up the files required for ScummVM I just google (game name/ScummVM/Datafiles). It's a lot easier then finding it through the site.

Best of luck with the cab unpacker!

Also if you get to Myst 3, they've updated it to work widescreen. I think it really adds to the experience.

23. Re: Myst Series Coming to Windows 10 Mar 18, 2018, 20:44 Overmann

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 18, 2018, 18:59:
Unless I am blind I see no mention there for Myst 1, Myst 2 and Riven..... I am asking because I have the (DVD) in my drive, it's a German anniversary edition by Cyan games and it got no loose files, it got all 3 Myst games and Riven on a DVD with installers as cab/exe combo and autostart launcher with menu to install things etc.

This version was fixed to run in Windows XP natively btw. For Myst 1 that was even back then extremely wonky (256 colors only)

I don't know about the German version, but I've got the US anniversary edition and it has all the files required on it.

You can find which files are required from the disc here:
Myst
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles#Myst

Riven
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles#Riven:_The_Sequel_to_Myst

BTW Riven is Myst 2

16. Re: Myst Series Coming to Windows 10 Mar 18, 2018, 08:46 Overmann

Actually thanks to ResidualVM, Exile works great on modern systems
http://www.residualvm.org/compatibility/DEV/myst3/

Same goes for Myst and Riven in ScummVM
https://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/DEV/riven/

They work like a charm.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2018, 13:36.

News Comments > Free MDK with GOG Black Friday Sale
11. Re: Free MDK with GOG Black Friday Sale Nov 22, 2017, 09:54 Overmann

Slick wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 09:14:
Overmann wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 08:05:
Sounds like Messiah.
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!~!!!!
No worries. My entire point of living was just to tell you the name of that game.

Now my life is fulfilled.

News Comments > Free MDK with GOG Black Friday Sale
9. Re: Free MDK with GOG Black Friday Sale Nov 22, 2017, 08:05 Overmann

Sounds like Messiah.  

News Comments > Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP
18. Re: Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP Jan 4, 2017, 07:13 Overmann

Rigs wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 04:49:

These were the days right before 3D Acceleration, so devs had to do some fancy coding to get ahead with what they had.
=-Rigs-=

Your joking right? IGI came out in 2000 and it required a 3D Accelerator to play.

There where plenty of real time 3d games before 2000 that required hardware rendering.

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced
21. Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 07:47 Overmann

Kajetan wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 07:29:
Numinar wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 06:55:
Why all the DF hate?
BECAUSE!!!!

DF fucked up with Spacebase-DF9. I was a backer and i will never give them a cent in advance. Not because the game failed (as a backer, i have to accept this risk), but because they werent upfront with the financial situation. They just closed doors. Bang!

Spacebase-DF9 was an early access game on Steam. You just bought into an alpha, its not the same thing as being a backer.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patched
45. Re: MechWarrior Online Patched Jul 8, 2015, 07:21 Overmann

Nope not the MechWarrior for me. I've played it, didn't like it.
Give me an singleplayer MW please.

News Comments > King's Quest Trailer
3. Re: King's Quest Trailer May 22, 2015, 07:43 Overmann

Since when is King's Quest an RPG?
7 out of 8 are classic adventure games.

News Comments > Descent: Underground Single-Player Details
18. Re: Descent: Underground Single-Player Details Mar 16, 2015, 08:16 Overmann

I'd love a new Descent game, but this doesn't look like Descent to me.  

News Comments > Ensemble Vets Announce Servo
8. Re: Ensemble Vets Announce Servo Mar 6, 2015, 07:54 Overmann

DangerDog wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 14:27:
Has a total annihilation vibe to it I guess, looks more casual though with 10 - 15 minute games.

Looks more like Metal Fatigue to me.

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
29. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 7, 2015, 10:51 Overmann

Too bad they didn't put an adventure game in the "Adventure Game of the Year" award  

News Comments > Double Fine Regains Rights; Will Re-release Games
15. Re: Double Fine Regains Rights; Will Re-release Games Nov 27, 2013, 06:41 Overmann

You could always use ResidualVM to play Grim

And some fans are working on Grim Fandango Deluxe
There goals are to:
1. Improve texture quality.
2. Remodel the characters.

16 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo