Total Posts
1450 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    73  ] Older

Re: No subject
Jun 23, 2006, 12:11
Re: No subject Jun 23, 2006, 12:11
Jun 23, 2006, 12:11

In case you haven't noticed, our wonderful government (and probably every other capable government) is already watching damn near everything we do. Hell, they are so brazen about it now, they practically put out press releases when they are going to start watching us.

I read an article a couple weeks ago that featured the government bragging about "how much information people will give up about themselves" on website like My Space. The only thing you can do is be smart about what you do online. The days of the web being the "wild wild west" are over. It's data-mined and monitored by everyone in the world now. Governments, criminals, spammers and your perverted neighbor.

-----
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
"This is Red 5, I'm going in."
Spam: Gamers over 25 unite! www.2old2play.com
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Jun 23, 2006, 12:06
Re: No subject Jun 23, 2006, 12:06
Jun 23, 2006, 12:06

My favorite racing game to this day is NFS Porsche Unleashed. Man they did a good job on that one.

-----
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Jun 23, 2006, 11:56
Re: No subject Jun 23, 2006, 11:56
Jun 23, 2006, 11:56

I agree Beamer, it was a cool puzzle. Several times I just sat there and let the glass smash so I could watch Alyx tumble to her death.. lol.

As for her bumping into us, I'm not sure why they couldn't make the player win out over collisions with her. She hits you and it does nothing. I don't really like stuff passing through me like in MMO games.

-----
This comment was edited on Jun 23, 11:57.
--

Re: indoctrinates ?
Jun 23, 2006, 11:51
Re: indoctrinates ? Jun 23, 2006, 11:51
Jun 23, 2006, 11:51

Sapronos Game? Are they trying to make up for the absolutely bizarre turd of a final season?

-----
--

Jun 23, 2006, 11:46
Re: No subject Jun 23, 2006, 11:46
Jun 23, 2006, 11:46

Riley, I don't even understand how you get yourself to connect to the internet with your obsessive compulsive paranoia disorder. You might as well go "off the grid" at this point, 'cause it's not going to get any better.

I'm all for privacy online. I use encrypted email and secure IM all the time. I'm careful about who gets my personal info online too. But gaming metrics? Jesus. Who gives a shit?

-----
--

Jun 23, 2006, 11:41
Re: No subject Jun 23, 2006, 11:41
Jun 23, 2006, 11:41

Riley, no shit it's not the only thing they are collecting. The point is, they already have the so called "important" information on you (or whoever registered on the game on steam for you). I don't care what info they get out of the game about me playing, as long as it goes towards making future games better.

Let's think about it for a moment. Assuming the information taken during game play is put to good use (and not to make weapons of mass destruction as some of you seem to think), then what IS the down side? What are they collecting from game play that is "dangerous"?

-----
--

Jun 23, 2006, 11:36
Re: No subject Jun 23, 2006, 11:36
Jun 23, 2006, 11:36

I can see a lot of average joe gamers getting stuck at the glass elevator platform and never making it past.

-----
--

Jun 23, 2006, 11:33
Re: No subject Jun 23, 2006, 11:33
Jun 23, 2006, 11:33

Does anyone really give a rip if the game reports back when someone finishes the game? They already have your fucking user information from Steam, so what difference does this trivial sliver of data make?

MMO games are collecting metrics like this ALL THE TIME.

Tinfoil hats to all....

-----
This comment was edited on Jun 23, 11:34.
--

Jun 20, 2006, 17:38
Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 17:38
Jun 20, 2006, 17:38

Damn, I hope the servers are back up when I get home in a couple hours. It's my gaming night

-----
--

Jun 20, 2006, 17:34
Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 17:34
Jun 20, 2006, 17:34

Yeah, thew graphics are in no way ugly, and they certainly aren't a deal breaker given how much fun it is, and how well it was made. I'm only a level 17 nub, so I have a lot more cool things to see.

I didn't know that about the expansion adding polys, that is good news. I have 2x SLI 7900 GTXs, and this game doesn't even get the first card warm

-----
--

Jun 20, 2006, 17:15
Re: No subject Jun 20, 2006, 17:15
Jun 20, 2006, 17:15

I have to admit it man. A friend of mine convinced me to get the hell out of Star Wars Galaxies and go try WoW. I chose the Hunter class and then went with Herbalist/Alchemist as my professions. Before SOE hosed the game with the NGE, I was a Ranger there, so the concept of both professions is generally the same for me. In real life I'm an avid outdoorsman, so it's fun to have this available in games.

I'm having a damn good time in WoW. It's still too over-the-top cartoony for me, so I don't know if I will stay long if a good game comes out that allows some actual immersion. Still, I would be a liar if I said the game was not fun and very polished. SWG NEVER had this level of polish at any time in the past 3 years since it released.

Now if someone would make me a sci-fi mmo of this quality, I'd be in heaven. If WoW's graphics were a little more in the direction of Guild Wars as far as visual quality, this game would be insane.

-----
This comment was edited on Jun 20, 17:35.
--

Re: Fixed Usernames?!
Jun 19, 2006, 13:54
Re: Fixed Usernames?! Jun 19, 2006, 13:54
Jun 19, 2006, 13:54

Still, I'm sure it is a lot less frequent than it use to be. Even if someone took the name I wanted, I would prefer to make a completely new unique one than have people jacking it all the time. Some people out there just have no creativity or imagination, so they gank names that they like. A minor annoyance in most cases.

The thing I liked the least though was some games you could have two (or more) players with the exact same name on the server. One was a Q3 mod I use to play a lot called Urban Terror. You kill some punk, he changes his name to look like yours and starts TKing people. Anyone who has been in a clan knows the kinds of shit-storm this can cause between players and clans. Clans have enough soap opera bullshit going on as it is.

-----
--

Jun 19, 2006, 13:37
Re: Fixed Usernames?! Jun 19, 2006, 13:37
Jun 19, 2006, 13:37

Riley is clearly a paranoid troll. "Oh Noooes... everyone is tracking me!!!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinfoil_hat

-----
--

Jun 19, 2006, 13:34
Re: Fixed Usernames?! Jun 19, 2006, 13:34
Jun 19, 2006, 13:34

Riley Pizt (aka Troll Boy),

Some of us join clans, and our clans like to uphold a certain level of mature game play and attitude. I realize that's probably a foreign concept to some of you. Has nothing to do with being "cool". I sure as hell don't use gaming as a benchmark for "coolness", like many of you seem to do.

-----
This comment was edited on Jun 19, 13:34.
--

Jun 19, 2006, 12:07
Re: No subject Jun 19, 2006, 12:07
Jun 19, 2006, 12:07

You guys are idiots. I'll take this naming system over the shit we usually see. Maybe some of you miss having some asshat make a name JUST LIKE YOURS (clan tag and all), then go around servers griefing players to hurt your reputation. Or maybe you miss getting on a server and seeing 3 players with the same name as you no matter how "unique" your name is, because they thought it was cool and stole it from you.

Register mine, thank you.

-----
--

Jun 19, 2006, 11:21
Re: Fixed Usernames?! Jun 19, 2006, 11:21
Jun 19, 2006, 11:21

I'm so pre-ordering.

-----
--

Jun 17, 2006, 01:31
Re: No subject Jun 17, 2006, 01:31
Jun 17, 2006, 01:31

They better have some good gameplay. Half Life 2 has them beat in graphics, and most certainly physics.

-----
--

Re: Yay!
Jun 15, 2006, 19:47
Re: Yay! Jun 15, 2006, 19:47
Jun 15, 2006, 19:47

"Doom3 inablity to do quality outdoor enviorment"

Clearly you haven't seen some of the screenshots from Quake Wars. The D3 engine is more than capable of good looking outdoor environments. It's no Crysis, but should be fine.

-----
--

No subject
Jun 15, 2006, 19:37
No subject Jun 15, 2006, 19:37
Jun 15, 2006, 19:37

Conan kicks ass. I can't wait to see some new content.

-----
--

Jun 15, 2006, 19:19
Re: No subject Jun 15, 2006, 19:19
Jun 15, 2006, 19:19

Is this the patch that.....(everyone sing along with me!)

-----
--
1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    73  ] Older