Total Posts
1450 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    73  ] Older

Re: screenshots look pretty...
Sep 8, 2006, 18:56
Re: screenshots look pretty... Sep 8, 2006, 18:56
Sep 8, 2006, 18:56

WoW's gameplay rocks. I never feel like I'm grinding in this game. Someone is going to have to put out one friggin' incredible MMO to ever put a dent in WoW. I'm quite sure LOTRO isnt't the one. I had hopes for Conan, but it's no looking all that great to me either.

As for people wondering if WoW is affecting the sales of other games, this is definately true for me. There are probably at least 6 games in the past 6 months I would normally have purchased if I wasn't playing WoW.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 18:58.
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Re: Doublefine
Sep 1, 2006, 14:19
Re: Doublefine Sep 1, 2006, 14:19
Sep 1, 2006, 14:19

MMORPGHarbingerOfDeath,

Your problem is that you are a BSG purist. I grew up on the old show, and I had a problem (before watching an episode) with Starbuck being a woman. As soon as I watched it and saw how bad ass she was, I was stoked. Even though I watced the original series religiously as a kid, I have NO problem loving this new show as an adult.

The new one is about characters more than anything else. It's about the people of BSG, which I think is great. The whole thing is believable for be because they act like real people, not stick-in-the-ass Star Trek types. This was one of the reasons I enjoyed Firefly too. You learned a lot about the characters, and they were believable. Yes, there is sex, relationships, hatred, envy, alcoholism, demons in the closet, etc. This, to me, only adds depth and takes the show from good to amazing.

The new BSG has the combat done perfectly too. The dogfights are never too long, lots of action, great "camera" work, and the CG is big budget movie quality. Ground combat, very good, and down to earth. Thank god they use projectile weapon and not laser beams.

I could go on and on. I'm not trying to change your mind, just discussing.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 14:22.
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Re: No subject
Sep 1, 2006, 12:20
Re: No subject Sep 1, 2006, 12:20
Sep 1, 2006, 12:20

BSG is definately one of the best shows out there right now. But a video game? Something with that much potential is almost doomed to shoddy management and design.

Send it over to SOE. They will hose it up real good for us.
--

Re: XBOX BSG
Sep 1, 2006, 10:38
Re: XBOX BSG Sep 1, 2006, 10:38
Sep 1, 2006, 10:38

Does anyone else friggin' LOVE this series? I mean jesus, it has to be one of the best shows ever made for TV, and a typical episode is better than most MOVIES. Great cast, stories, production. There are times I get sucked into BSG and when it's over I feel like someone kicked me in the head.

How bad ass would an X-wing style flight sim be? I just hope it's not another RTS. Give us a break already.
--

No subject
Aug 16, 2006, 18:47
No subject Aug 16, 2006, 18:47
Aug 16, 2006, 18:47

Joint Task Force...

Someone made a game about me and my friends rolling fatties??

Sweeeet.
--

Re: Spacecowboy
Aug 13, 2006, 00:50
Re: Spacecowboy Aug 13, 2006, 00:50
Aug 13, 2006, 00:50

No, let's sound like pasty skinned WoW lifers though. Dork.
--

Re: Good timing on my part...
Jul 30, 2006, 22:49
Re: Good timing on my part... Jul 30, 2006, 22:49
Jul 30, 2006, 22:49

Jesus christ. I actually agree with Zeph.

Oh SHIT.....(universe explodes)
--

No subject
Jul 28, 2006, 10:24
No subject Jul 28, 2006, 10:24
Jul 28, 2006, 10:24

Is the new SiN stuff worth buying?
--

Jul 24, 2006, 23:00
Re: No subject Jul 24, 2006, 23:00
Jul 24, 2006, 23:00

Everything is getting pushed. It's going to be a shitty Christmas for gaming this year.
--

Re: Who hasn't licensed U3?
Jul 20, 2006, 20:12
Re: Who hasn't licensed U3? Jul 20, 2006, 20:12
Jul 20, 2006, 20:12

Seriously, is it impossible to come up with original MMOs?
--

Re: My Buddy is to blame!
Jul 20, 2006, 14:12
Re: My Buddy is to blame! Jul 20, 2006, 14:12
Jul 20, 2006, 14:12

For those of you don't know what a sinking ship this game is, and might be enticed by their marketing bullshit to go buy this game, please do some research online. The servers are all but empty. The NGE was a complete failure, and it's taking them FOREVER to take the game back to a place where it is even mildly fun. It's been in Alpha/Beta since it went Gold. It use to be fun, now it's a dumbed down empty shell of what it once was. Do the research before dropping the cash. If you still want to try it, go for it.
--

Re: My Buddy is to blame!
Jul 20, 2006, 14:07
Re: My Buddy is to blame! Jul 20, 2006, 14:07
Jul 20, 2006, 14:07

I wouldn't be braggin' about your buddy unless he was not part of the NGE. The original design was pretty damn good, but the management and developers have destroyed it.
--

Re: because
Jul 19, 2006, 17:54
Re: because Jul 19, 2006, 17:54
Jul 19, 2006, 17:54

I'm sick of games. Stuck in the same bullshit unoriginal rut as the movie industry. The human race has all but lost it's ability to think creatively.

See you guys on the other side of the toilet bowl....
--

Jul 19, 2006, 17:16
Re: No subject Jul 19, 2006, 17:16
Jul 19, 2006, 17:16

My kid was playing Virtual Magic Kingdom until I stuck her on WoW. She enjoyed that fine. If they do it right, it will be a nice indoctrination tool for young kids. Later in life, they they can buy regular MMOs like good little consumers.

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumber. Damn, he misses that truck.
--

Jul 13, 2006, 12:46
Re: No subject Jul 13, 2006, 12:46
Jul 13, 2006, 12:46

Sounds lame.

----
He cut the possums face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumber. Damn, he misses that truck.
This comment was edited on Jul 13, 12:47.
--

Re: Delayed?
Jul 11, 2006, 14:34
Re: Delayed? Jul 11, 2006, 14:34
Jul 11, 2006, 14:34

I would be pissed about this, but I just started WoW 2 months ago, and I have a long way to go before I get bored with it. I was hoping ET:QW would be out so I could get back to FPS gaming after growing bored with BF2, but I will survive.

-----
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
"This is Red 5, I'm going in."
Spam: Gamers over 25 unite! www.2old2play.com
--

Jun 27, 2006, 11:33
Re: No subject Jun 27, 2006, 11:33
Jun 27, 2006, 11:33

the emu is getting a ton of support from past and present SWG players. While I don't care to play on small private servers and have pretty much written SWG off, I support the emu as a protest to the bullshit way in which this game was destroyed.

The "New Game Experience" (NGE) was created so SOE could try to compete with WoW. The only thing the NGE did was ruin the game, and cause subscriptions to dive while alienating their core user base. This game has always been sub-standard, but the earlier version of it, pre-NGE, contained enough flexibility that the core users were able to make their OWN content, and have a great time. This made the game more fun for everyone, even new players. In other words, the community was the content. Off the top of my head, it seemed like they removed at least 2/3s of the game's features with the NGE in an attempt to dumb it down and make it more WoW like.

This game should be allowed to die, and Lucas should award the contract for SWG2 to Blizzard or someone else who actually knows how to make a good MMO. SOE got lucky making the first well known one, Everquest, and they haven't been able to duplicate the success yet. EQ2, SWG, Matrix Online, are all failures, IMO. It is ludicrous that SOE is unable to make an MMO based on Star Wars IP that is not equally as successful as WoW. There is no larger built-in audience as far as I can tell.

Edit: Above I mentioned that SOE 'dumbed down' SWG in an attempt to make it more WoW like. WoW is a great game, and it stands on it's own. While it is 'simpler' as far as features go (when compared to pre-NGE SWG), it is also an all around better game that doesn't necessarily rely on the player's imagination and creativity to be fun. SWG has never even come close to the level of polish that WoW has, and it was the CORE USERS that made it a blast to play before SOE stripped it down. I just wanted to be clear that I am not bashing WoW. I'd give anything for a Sci-Fi MMO of WoW's quality.

-----
This comment was edited on Jun 27, 12:10.
--

Jun 23, 2006, 18:22
Re: No subject Jun 23, 2006, 18:22
Jun 23, 2006, 18:22

Well, they should be increasing the skill of the npc cars, not doing this catch up crap. I've never liked it.

-----
--

Re: ...
Jun 23, 2006, 18:17
Re: ... Jun 23, 2006, 18:17
Jun 23, 2006, 18:17

I agree with what Riley is saying in principle. By default I don't want personal info being tracked, or at least there should be an opt out function.

I wouldn't opt out of this though, because I think gaming metrics will improve games in the future.

-----
--

Jun 23, 2006, 12:13
Re: No subject Jun 23, 2006, 12:13
Jun 23, 2006, 12:13

<censored>

-----
This message was edited by the NSA at Jun 23, 12:35.
This comment was edited on Jun 23, 12:35.
--
1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    73  ] Older