Total Posts
1450 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 15.
Newer [  1    10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25    73  ] Older

Re: No subject
Nov 18, 2005, 00:24
Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 00:24
Nov 18, 2005, 00:24

What should happen is Firefly should come back. If that happened I'd be willing to let Star Trek choke and die :p

---
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you."
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Nov 18, 2005, 00:22
Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 00:22
Nov 18, 2005, 00:22

It's like Chevy stopping production of the Camaro for a while. The car designs were tired, the name lost it's importance, so they shut it down. In a few years it will be back, and those who are dumb enough to pay money for American cars will be lining up to buy one. Wait... did I say that out loud? :p

Anyway, I didn't mean to rip on you, but your statement sort of implied that Star Trek is finished forever. I'm no Treky, but I did enjoy much of the show. It just needs a break, and they need to look at better shows like the new BSG for fresh perspective. One of the things I love about BSG is that the characters are more like REAL people. Not the "stick up your ass" types in the Star Trek of old.

---
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Nov 18, 2005, 00:08
Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 00:08
Nov 18, 2005, 00:08

If you think Star Trek "finally ended", you are retarded. (sorry, been drinkin'). The Star Trek franchise is on hold for a bit while they reevaluate the situation. Hopefully they will watch the new Battlestar Galactica series before making a new show. For those of you who haven't watched the new BSG series, I think you are missing out. It's damn good tv sci-fi.

---
--

Nov 18, 2005, 00:03
Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 00:03
Nov 18, 2005, 00:03

Cool, now tell them to come back and talk about it 3 years from now when it's in Alpha.

---
--

Re: argh.
Nov 17, 2005, 19:04
Re: argh. Nov 17, 2005, 19:04
Nov 17, 2005, 19:04

looks like I'll be "smokin' out" when I get home...

---
--

Re: LOL
Nov 17, 2005, 19:02
Re: LOL Nov 17, 2005, 19:02
Nov 17, 2005, 19:02

What a big surprise... SOE buys this game, and makes it worse that is already was.

Question: Who was the mother fucking genius at SONY that decided it would be a good idea to allow player made spam in a game who's customer base, gamers, are widely known for HATING SPAM and SPAMMERS?? lol

Sony is on a roll....

---
--

Re: No-DVD
Nov 17, 2005, 13:10
Re: No-DVD Nov 17, 2005, 13:10
Nov 17, 2005, 13:10

Lol Zeph.. be my guest. Your pathetic whining just makes you look all the more stupid. In fact, I can even sign up for a second account here at blues and you can spam your kid-messages at me twice. Would that be cool for you, junior?

---
--

Re: No-DVD
Nov 17, 2005, 12:37
Re: No-DVD Nov 17, 2005, 12:37
Nov 17, 2005, 12:37

Zephalephelah,

I'm pretty bored with your Batman bashing. He must have done something that hurt you pretty bad since you seem to obsess over him 24 hours a day. Or, maybe you are just some undereducated wannabe cyber-bully. Either way you are a cock-gobbler in my eyes.

---
--

Re: Mods, Mods, Mods. SDK, SDK, SDK.
Nov 16, 2005, 22:56
Re: Mods, Mods, Mods. SDK, SDK, SDK. Nov 16, 2005, 22:56
Nov 16, 2005, 22:56

What mod makers used to do was release the mod in waves. Maybe the first beta version used the majority of assets already available from the source game, but added some new gameplay rules. Oldschool gamers like me will remember that the original grappling hook in Quake 1 was the Axe weapon id already had in the game, as an example. Rather than concern themselves with making new models and textures right away, they added new functionality. People would even run their mods in existing maps so they could get it out there to the public fast. Later they would add new maps, textures sounds, models, etc, in subsequent versions.

The key seemed to be that if the GAMEPLAY concept you were developing was fun and interesting, people would stick around to watch the game evolve. Threewave CTF and all the other quake CTF flavors started out very simple, and evolved into their own monsters. I remember a simple mod for quake that was called Jailbreak. The first maps were dirt simple looking, but it was so fun to play, no one cared. Jesus, Tribes 1 based it's entire success on gameplay over graphics.

I think some of these TC and Mod makers need to quit worrying about perfection with these modern uber-engines, and start out with adding gameplay elements to existing assets. It seems they come up with these grand mod ideas, and quickly find themselves burried in a second full time job that isn't paying. Worry about the art later. If your mod is worthy, you will have plenty of time.

---
--

Re: Any fun?
Nov 16, 2005, 19:14
Re: Any fun? Nov 16, 2005, 19:14
Nov 16, 2005, 19:14

What's the hype factor on this game? I reall miss not having an MMO to hang out in sometimes, even though I don't play them nearly as much as many of you do. I'm watching this one, LOTRO and Conan. Most of the MMO games I have seen in dev lately seem to have stepped back 10 years in graphics quality too, that drives me nuts.

I guess I don't have a choice but to play a fantasy based MMORPG, since no one can develop a decent Sci-Fi one. Jesus I hate elves and all that crap... lol

---
--

Re: Any fun?
Nov 16, 2005, 19:08
Re: Any fun? Nov 16, 2005, 19:08
Nov 16, 2005, 19:08

lol... not the evil .NET Framework!!!

Some of you have serious issues. Just what do you think .NET is going to do to your machine. .NET Framework is part of many apps coming out these days, and is key to the Windows Vista stuff I have seen. If you can't install .NET for some weird reason, you will want to avoid Windows Vista.

---
--

Re: Modern TCs
Nov 16, 2005, 19:05
Re: Modern TCs Nov 16, 2005, 19:05
Nov 16, 2005, 19:05

Yeah, I agree about Insurgency. I have high hopes for it. With BF2 and the expansion, and ET:QW coming soon, I'm not too worried about good online shooters for the next couple years though.

---
--

Re: Yeah, I want a demo too.
Nov 16, 2005, 15:14
Re: Yeah, I want a demo too. Nov 16, 2005, 15:14
Nov 16, 2005, 15:14

The truly interesting things about the SDKs these days is that mods were what kept games alive long past their shelf-life in the past. These days it takes so much to make a decent mod, most people either don't want to bother trying, or they start a mod that fails after 3-6 months of only scratching the surface.

How often do you see a really good TC with original (new) assets the last several years?

---
--

Re: Yeah, I want a demo too.
Nov 16, 2005, 15:11
Re: Yeah, I want a demo too. Nov 16, 2005, 15:11
Nov 16, 2005, 15:11

Cool! The SDK is out. Now all I need is a dedicated team of about 100 volutneer artists, coders, modelers etc working 8 hours a day and I can have a mod completed in about 2 years.

Of course, I could just make a new map. That would only take 3 months or so, and 1/4th the staff.

lol.

---
--

Re: tonights top story
Nov 15, 2005, 18:30
Re: tonights top story Nov 15, 2005, 18:30
Nov 15, 2005, 18:30

AHahahah! Blue, awesome writing.

---
--

Re: Bottom Line stuff
Nov 15, 2005, 11:53
Re: Bottom Line stuff Nov 15, 2005, 11:53
Nov 15, 2005, 11:53

As much fun as I had in this game, and as much as I would like to see it succeed, I'm no longer paying a dime for it. And after the whole DRM rootkit bullshit, I am considering never spending a dime on ANY Sony products for the remainder of my life. That may not seem like much, but my house is full of Sony stuff today, and I have grown to trust most of their products.

I've banned plenty of companies over the years, I won't have any trouble adding Sony to my list.

---
--

No subject
Nov 14, 2005, 11:04
No subject Nov 14, 2005, 11:04
Nov 14, 2005, 11:04

I remember back when SGI was considered "the shit". Too bad they were unable to evolve with the rest of the world. Now they want to go to Linux? laff.

---
--

No subject
Nov 14, 2005, 11:03
No subject Nov 14, 2005, 11:03
Nov 14, 2005, 11:03

I think it will be cool to see how a steam type service works for a high volume company like EA. Right now, Steam seems kinda useless because of how long it takes Valve to release things on it. EA should be able to keep their service hoppin'.

---
--

Nov 13, 2005, 22:02
Re: No subject Nov 13, 2005, 22:02
Nov 13, 2005, 22:02

I wish we could get the Tribes or Tribes 2 source.

---
--

Nov 11, 2005, 11:13
Re: No subject Nov 11, 2005, 11:13
Nov 11, 2005, 11:13

Well,

I don't really have big problems with BF2 at all. There are still a few small balance issues, like the machine guns on choppers, and a couple bugs, but nothing that stops me from enjoying the game for very long periods of time. The other players are more of a problem than the actual game, since teamwork is pretty much missing from public servers. Still I have a kick ass time, and feel blessed when I come across the rare effective squad.

If I had to point out a single annoyance right now it would be that punkbuster seems to have a bug that causes you to get kicked off the server every great once in a while during map changes NOT during game play.

I love this game, and all I know is that ET:QW better kick some serious ass if they hope to steal the audience away.

---
--
1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 15.
Newer [  1    10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25    73  ] Older