Total Posts
1450 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 14.
Newer [  1    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24    73  ] Older

Re: No subject
Nov 30, 2005, 01:19
Re: No subject Nov 30, 2005, 01:19
Nov 30, 2005, 01:19

Hell yeah bro, you can get a Ford Focus up to a shit-hot 95 horse power. Fucking thing will smoke the clutch all day long...

---
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you."
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Re: Submitted Nov 13th...
Nov 29, 2005, 15:21
Re: Submitted Nov 13th... Nov 29, 2005, 15:21
Nov 29, 2005, 15:21

Who cares? My father is 57 and he's a hardcore gamer like me. I'm 34 been gaming online since Qtest.exe (10 years ago) not counting Doom. Luckily we have learned to balance gaming with regular life so that we aren't complete losers. We still love that gaming though I'll be gaming for life.

---
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Re: Auto assault
Nov 29, 2005, 14:36
Re: Auto assault Nov 29, 2005, 14:36
Nov 29, 2005, 14:36

I was willing to give Auto-assault a shot until I saw a large number of screenshots. Fun gameplay or not, there is a place I draw the line when it comes to visual quality and immersiveness. AA looks like dung IMO.

BTW... EVERYONE STOP CALLING GUILD WARS AN MMORPG. IT IS NOT.

end of line.

---
--

Re: Xbox 360
Nov 29, 2005, 14:24
Re: Xbox 360 Nov 29, 2005, 14:24
Nov 29, 2005, 14:24

I was going to get the 360 right away, but I'm going to wait for the next rev so I don't have overheat problems and the like.

---
--

Nov 29, 2005, 14:00
Re: No subject Nov 29, 2005, 14:00
Nov 29, 2005, 14:00

I think this game has lots of promise. For a shooter, it has some original ideas in it. Will be nice to see someone implement the DOOM 3 engine in a way that doesn't look plastic. Am I the only person who thinks DOOM 3 and Quake 4 look like someone went in with a virtual can of laquer and sprayed it over everything in the game? Drives me nuts. In my opinio, the inferior graphics of Battlefield 2 look better than the fake looking crap in DOOM 3. I hope they avoid making ET:QW look like plastic shite too.

---

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 14:23.
--

Re: I installed it and briefly played.
Nov 24, 2005, 15:32
Re: I installed it and briefly played. Nov 24, 2005, 15:32
Nov 24, 2005, 15:32

The game really is crap. I'm one of those oldschool quake players who has been a loyal id supporter for over 10 years. I tolerated the changes in Quake 3 and had some fun with it, but it got old quick. Quake 4 is using so many game concepts and assets from DOOM 3, it's simply rediculous.

The fact is people, we have hit the wall. It's easier to make a friggin feature film now than a blockbuster game. These companies have no clue where to take the games next. Projects like STALKER have some good ideas, but who knows if that will ever come out? If it does it will likely be a half ass version of what it was supposed to be.

I had high hopes for ET:WQ, but if this is the type of dumbed down, plastic looking gameplay we can expect, I'll stick to BF2.

---
--

Re: BF2 SF Impressions
Nov 23, 2005, 14:40
Re: BF2 SF Impressions Nov 23, 2005, 14:40
Nov 23, 2005, 14:40

My only complaint about the EA downloader was that they didn't have the friggin patch on it. Why did I install a "downloader" for the expansion files, then have to go to fileplanet for the patch????

---
--

Nov 23, 2005, 02:41
Re: No subject Nov 23, 2005, 02:41
Nov 23, 2005, 02:41

FourPak,

We all know our government sucks ass here, we don't need you bringing everyone down on a video game site. Go take some prozac. DICE isn't the fucking U.S. Military.

I'm all for giving "our leaders" shit, but save it for the politcal forums online. Not Blue's.

---
--

Nov 23, 2005, 02:36
Re: No subject Nov 23, 2005, 02:36
Nov 23, 2005, 02:36

Just spent a few hours checking out the expansion. Had a kick ass time, although I would have liked to see more people play in squads. The new US Assault weapon is my favorite gun in the game now. Sounds great, looks great, accurate.. just a lot of fun.

Good Job DICE, and thanks for not waiting a year + to put out an expansion. Do another one in a few more months, and I'll give you another $30. Maybe the other developers will take note that we get tired of the same content much more quickly these days. Expansions need to come faster if they expect to keep an audience for longer than 4-6 months.

---
--

Re: re: European Crime Life: Gang Wars
Nov 23, 2005, 02:32
Re: re: European Crime Life: Gang Wars Nov 23, 2005, 02:32
Nov 23, 2005, 02:32

What the hell is a Euro Gang? ROFL. Do they pork each other in the shorts?

---
--

Nov 22, 2005, 21:27
Re: No subject Nov 22, 2005, 21:27
Nov 22, 2005, 21:27

You still flappin' your man-pleaser Zephalephelah?

---
--

No subject
Nov 22, 2005, 16:43
No subject Nov 22, 2005, 16:43
Nov 22, 2005, 16:43

Lol... booby :p

---
--

Nov 22, 2005, 16:10
Re: No subject Nov 22, 2005, 16:10
Nov 22, 2005, 16:10

Lol!

What a bunch of fuckin bitchbaskets in here.

Don't like the game? Fuck off to a different one.

The End.

---
--

Nov 21, 2005, 12:04
Re: No subject Nov 21, 2005, 12:04
Nov 21, 2005, 12:04

Actually I have to say that the anti-tank shotty is, in fact, a massive improvement up close, but is useless at even 30 feet away. I'm much more likely to grab the anti-tank kit these days, although I will usually only use it on city maps. It also forced me to get better with the pistols.

---
--

Nov 21, 2005, 12:00
Re: No subject Nov 21, 2005, 12:00
Nov 21, 2005, 12:00

Batman,

The sniper unlock, IMO, is only more powerful if you are GOOD with it. Most people suck with it. I hear more players rapid firing the original sniper weapons than I hear people using the unlock. If someone is good and they are one-shot-killing me, I congratulate them.

I'm good with it, but I don't think it's a massive improvement over the original. I personally believe the ability to shoot through glass is bugged. Seems to only work under very strict circumstances.

---
--

Nov 21, 2005, 11:54
Re: No subject Nov 21, 2005, 11:54
Nov 21, 2005, 11:54

You guys are on crack.

The tier 1 weapons are not more powerful than the regular weapons. Different maybe, but not more powerful. Hell the assualt unlock is a peice of shit compared to the original weapon.

I highly doubt we will see a major difference when people are running around with tier 2 weapons in the regular game. The didn't have the balls to make the Tier 1 weapons better, why make tier 2 better?

Also, stop ripping on people who use the fuckin grenade launcher. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, splash damage. While I agree that nubs who use it up close and kill themselves along with the enemy are fuckin tards, I still believe it takes a great deal of skill to use at longer distances.

I've seen people try to use it at longer distances, and most of them suck. They overshoot, undershoot, don't know how to lead fire, etc.

Anyway, I'm completly stoked that this is coming out tomorrow. I plan to marathon tomorrow night, then spend as much time at night as I can after my family is in bed during the long weekend. Good times! Some of you whiners should also consider how FAST this expansion was put out. I would like to thank DICE for getting started on new content before the original game even went gold. Lets hope they are working on the next one already too!

---
--

Nov 18, 2005, 19:07
Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 19:07
Nov 18, 2005, 19:07

While dependability of a car is clearly a huge issue, it's not the only issue. I'll take a less reliable European car like a VW, Audi, or Beemer any fucking day over 99.9% of American cars. In fact, I do. I drive an Audi S4 and love it. The fit and finish, comfort, performance smacks down any American counterpart, if it even has one. As for reliability, I haven't had any problems with my car that I didn't directly cause. (it's a sports car) I certainly drive it 300 times harder than my other vehicle, a Chevy SUV.

My wife has a Chevy Trailblazer SUV, and it's the last American car we will ever buy. It's had problem after problem and now that it's 3 years old suffers from the typical rattles and squeaks American cars seem to get after you put 40k miles on them. We take great care of that truck, and it's still a pain in the ass. Her next truck will be a Toyota. My next car will be another Audi. Oh, and lets talk about fuckin UGLY. Currently the only American brand that can even begin to make a decent looking car is Chrysler/Dodge. Even though they look nice when they are new, they quickly loosen up and start rattling too.

---

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 19:18.
--

Re: Greatest game ever
Nov 18, 2005, 18:43
Re: Greatest game ever Nov 18, 2005, 18:43
Nov 18, 2005, 18:43

BadIronTree,

I simply said the game wasn't for me. I like having my player characters represented in game (in first person) as a 'being', not a space ship or car. My preference. Lose the fanboi attitude, dorksquad.

---
--

Nov 18, 2005, 18:22
Re: Greatest game ever Nov 18, 2005, 18:22
Nov 18, 2005, 18:22

Quakeworld.... the golden days. Remember when the player cap on servers went from 16-32? That was an awesome day in the history of gaming.

---
--

Nov 18, 2005, 12:37
Re: Greatest game ever Nov 18, 2005, 12:37
Nov 18, 2005, 12:37

What is all this "free" stuff? I've never heard of such a thing! Blaspheme!!!!!!

My brother and 56 year old dad are friggin hardcore EVE players. My Dad is one of those uber-rich players that has everything. I can't get into it because I didn't like the fact that your character is represented by space ships.

Great graphics and gameplay I hear. Just wasn't for me.

---
--
1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 14.
Newer [  1    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24    73  ] Older