Total Posts
1450 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 13.
Newer [  1    8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23    73  ] Older

No subject
Dec 28, 2005, 11:51
No subject Dec 28, 2005, 11:51
Dec 28, 2005, 11:51

Carmack Translated:

"I became bored with making video games a long time ago, but the money I am making from regurgitating the DOOM/Quake franchise helps finanance Armadillo Aerospace."

Frankly, I'd much rather see Carmack's genius working on private space programs at this point. Good luck to ya John, we are watching your progress. I do hope you are watching over Quake Wars though, cause it has a lot of potential.

---
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
Guild Wars Level 10 Ranger/Monk: "Oceas Saeco"
"Put a quarter in your ass 'cause you played yourself."
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

No subject
Dec 28, 2005, 11:22
No subject Dec 28, 2005, 11:22
Dec 28, 2005, 11:22

Am I the only person who thinks this game looks like arse?

---
Guild Wars Level 10 Ranger/Monk: "Oceas Saeco"
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Re: merry christmas eve
Dec 24, 2005, 14:20
Re: merry christmas eve Dec 24, 2005, 14:20
Dec 24, 2005, 14:20

I have to agree on the ram too. I used Corsair for a long time, but now I'm an OCZ fanboy.

---
Guild Wars Noob Level 5 Ranger/Monk: "Oceas Saeco"
--

Re: merry christmas eve
Dec 24, 2005, 13:10
Re: merry christmas eve Dec 24, 2005, 13:10
Dec 24, 2005, 13:10

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all fellow "Bluesnewsers". I know some of us get into heated debates sometimes on this forum, but I never have and ever will carry any real world ill will toward any of you. It's all in spirit of good discussion. Anyway, love and light to you and yours. We are all a part of the "gamer" brotherhood, after all.

And here's to a great shopping season for gamers, with lots of good ones! The other night I tried WoW and didn't like it. Last night I broke down and bought Guild Wars and was instantly hooked. I've been trying not to buy it because I really don't like fantasy games, but Guild Wars is truly awesome. It will be a great game to play until Seed is done.

Oh, and since someone mentioned weather below: Here in La Quinta CA (near Palm Springs) we are supposed to hit 80-84 degrees. I have to say that it's hard to get that "winter feeling" living here, but it's also nice almost never worrying about crappy weather.

Laters!

---
Guild Wars Noob Level 5 Ranger/Monk: "Oceas Saeco"

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 13:12.
--

Re: No subject
Dec 22, 2005, 23:54
Re: No subject Dec 22, 2005, 23:54
Dec 22, 2005, 23:54

$10 is a drop of piss. Who gives a rip? lol.

I should also add that this game kicks ass, and the people who are playing it regularly, like me, love it. I'll give them $10 each for boosters. They made a quality game and it's worth it to me. Cheap bastards.

---

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 23:58.
--

Dec 21, 2005, 20:03
Re: No subject Dec 21, 2005, 20:03
Dec 21, 2005, 20:03

Alamar, thanks.

I agree there is lots of room for more Massives. Clearly WoW is dominating, but I also believe that has a lot to do with the lack of anything else out there right now. Tons of people left SWG and went to WoW only because it is the only real option currently. There are some nice ones coming soon such as LOTRO, DDO, Conan, etc. Should be interesting to see what happens with WoW's user base when they have a little competition.

I don't doubt WoW will remain a leader. The fans of the game seem to generally love it unlike SWG which was a constant love-hate tug of war relationship thanks to SOE constantly screwing with things. I would like to congratulate WoW's devs on making a solid, well executed game, even if it does seem lackluster to some people such as myself.

---
--

Dec 21, 2005, 19:25
Re: No subject Dec 21, 2005, 19:25
Dec 21, 2005, 19:25

Yawn.

---
--

Dec 21, 2005, 19:06
Re: No subject Dec 21, 2005, 19:06
Dec 21, 2005, 19:06

Thanks, captain obvious. My point was, if the game only offers the crappy grind, and not even a beautiful world to explore, then it will never be a game I will play. Some people are down with the grind. Good for them. I need a full package or I'm bored after 20 mins.

Spume, if you weren't so stupid, you would be able to read in my posts that despite the fact that I think WoW sucks, I understand why people would want to play it, and I don't fault them for it.

---

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 19:08.
--

Dec 21, 2005, 18:55
Re: No subject Dec 21, 2005, 18:55
Dec 21, 2005, 18:55

Dude, it's one thing to minimize graphics, which I think SWG did very tastefully. WoW is simply old and simplistic looking for a year old game. Go check out some shots of LOTRO or D&D online. Hell Conan doesn't look all that great to me, but it looks a far shot better than WoW, IMO. At this point I would expect any "new" game (including WoW) to at least be up to par with SWG which really is pretty low tech, but was executed well.

Hey listen, I was a die hard Tribes 1 player and that had the worst graphics of all time when it came out, so I understand how people could get into WoW depsite it's look. For me it doesn't offer enough of anything. Just a simple matter of opinion.

---
--

Dec 21, 2005, 18:31
Re: No subject Dec 21, 2005, 18:31
Dec 21, 2005, 18:31

"Go get 5 frizzle skins to get a +9 to blizbop jerkin"!

aaahahahaha... does that actually mean something in WoW? That's friggin pathetic.

Anyway yea, it was cutesy/cartoony for sure. Way too much for me. When I saw the cinematic at the begining I was like... oooh nice. Not that I expected the game to look like a pre-rendered movie or anything, but I DID expect a lot more than they offered. I was overwhelemed with the thought that this game is only, what, a year old? Visually speaking, how is this game going to compare to games that are coming out a year from now or even 2 years? For their sake I hope people get really attatched to WoW before something better looking/feeling comes along.

As for Seed, I may not react well to the cartoon look either. I have my doubts, but I will still give it a try like I did WoW.

---

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 18:36.
--

Dec 21, 2005, 17:15
Re: No subject Dec 21, 2005, 17:15
Dec 21, 2005, 17:15

I'll give Seed a chance for sure. Hell, we don't get nearly enough Sci-Fi MMOs. Looks pretty interesting.

My WoW Trial:

I finally tried WoW last night, and what struck me was how lackluster the game is when you first get into it. I mean, you get a little story, you get tossed into your "home town", and BAM you begin the grind. Yaaawn.

The graphics suck huge ass I might add. With my gaming machine I had all the graphics settings maxed, and no matter what I did, I couldn't shake the feeling I had that the world around me consisted of about 27 polygons. I came to the conclusion that this is one of the reasons the game is popular. Because you can have an ass machine, and it will play smooth.

Anyway, one of the huge draws of an MMO for me is being able to explore the game world. I can honestly say I felt no need to explore WoW. I know the game isn't all about graphics, but I don't want to be tossed into some shitty looking world where grinding is THE ONLY thing to do right away. Say what you want about Star Wars Galaxies (yes, it's ruined now), but visually and environmentally speaking, it makes WoW look like Dig Dug.

Anyway, I heard the hype, I tried it and walked away. Congrats that the rest of you are having a good time there. I'm just a bit too picky I guess, coming from an FPS background.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that I wasn't the only noob that got in WoW last night and was standing around saying "um is this all? What do I do". If the game really is as great as everyone says it is, they could probably have an even larger customer base if the noobs had some kind of mind blowing adventure to go on. Not "go to the guy with the exclamation point over his head to start your grind".

---
"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you."

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 17:39.
--

Dec 20, 2005, 23:34
Re: No subject Dec 20, 2005, 23:34
Dec 20, 2005, 23:34

Tungsten is by far the coolest metal on the planet having the highest melting temp - 3410C (6170F).

---
--

Re: MOM
Dec 19, 2005, 14:43
Re: MOM Dec 19, 2005, 14:43
Dec 19, 2005, 14:43

I spend craploads of money on my home gaming machine, and I have no problem doing it. I will certainly buy a physics card if it's going to allow games to look and feel better than they otherwise would. I will probable wait a while though and see where the hardware goes first. I don't want to be an early adopter of something like this and end up with the "wrong card".

---
--

Re: Sniper Kits Inaccurate?
Dec 13, 2005, 21:19
Re: Sniper Kits Inaccurate? Dec 13, 2005, 21:19
Dec 13, 2005, 21:19

Shit Rastan, I didn't even THINK about grenades and C4. Without jumping those weapons were just SERIOUSLY nerfed. I hope they adjusted for this. Throwing in this game is rudimentary anyway. They need to make it like most games where you can hold the button to adjust distance.

---
--

Re: Sniper Kits Inaccurate?
Dec 13, 2005, 21:07
Re: Sniper Kits Inaccurate? Dec 13, 2005, 21:07
Dec 13, 2005, 21:07

"Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time"

They fixed this the wrong way. I used to play a game called Urban Terror, and they tied jumping to stamina. If you don't have enough stamina, you can't jump. In BF2 currently you can jump even though your stamina has been drained to 0. Jumping does lower your stamina faster than just running, but then you can still jump continuosly.. Doing this would eliminate bunny hopping, without punishing those who do the occasional "run-jump toward enemy-shoot" thing, which is a VALID tactic. What they have done here is made close combat more boring. I think doing a run-jump-shoot thing once in a while should be OK.

---
--

Dec 8, 2005, 14:42
Re: No subject Dec 8, 2005, 14:42
Dec 8, 2005, 14:42

I love America, where we only get what the corporations want us to have.

---
--

Re: Bullshit
Dec 5, 2005, 18:02
Re: Bullshit Dec 5, 2005, 18:02
Dec 5, 2005, 18:02

Yeah, I'd like to know who the hell they polled for these results. Probably a bunch of non-gamers who aren't very internet savvy, and watch a shitload of TV.

Serisouly, does ANYONE here on Blues want to see real ads in games? Shit it makes me sick to see all the blatant product placement in movies these days. Last couple movies I watched has POS Pontiac cars placed in them, spotlighted in some way, and they did not fit the context of the movies at all.

Best example I have is the movie Stealth, which was a pretty fun movie to watch, really. There is a scene where some characters are in a remote Alaskan airstrip/base, yet there is a black, show room clean Pontiac sitting in the hanger where one of the planes is being kept. Later on you are treated to what is basically a Pontiac commercial while they waste several minutes of your time showcasing the car with some stunt driving and lots of explosions. It was clearly out of place in this part of the movie, and screamed "commercial".

I sat down for "movie night" with my kid the other night and watched Herbie. There was another POS Pontiac in that movie. When it first arrives on scene, it's at a friggin car show full of tricked out ricers. "Hey kids, see how cool Pontiac's are? You can hang with street racers!!"

Anyway, I hate seeing this crap in my movies, and I surely don't want to see it in games. I guess I don't mind some "branded" items being used as props in games, as long as they blend with the environment, and are not "showcased" or woven into the story somehow.

---
--

Re: 360 Review on TR
Dec 2, 2005, 18:25
Re: 360 Review on TR Dec 2, 2005, 18:25
Dec 2, 2005, 18:25

I agree about gaming on consoles only too except for a couple things:

1) I have an office at home. It's my space. Gaming in the living room with my wife around will never, ever happen. After she goes to bed, that's doable.

2) As expensive as it is, keeping up with gaming PC hardware insures that I always have a bad ass machine which handles everything I like to do including video production and digital art.

All that said, If they could do a full-on PC style MMORPG that kicked ass on the 360, and give us proper controllers for such a game, I would get into that. Just play it when I can. I still plan to join Live when I get my 360 this summer (waiting for bugs to be ironed out). My PC will remain my primary gaming experience though.

---
--

No subject
Nov 30, 2005, 21:46
No subject Nov 30, 2005, 21:46
Nov 30, 2005, 21:46

I'm going VOIP in a few weeks as soon as they finish installing FioS fiber to the homes in my neighborhood.

---
--

Re: BF2 SF
Nov 30, 2005, 16:52
Re: BF2 SF Nov 30, 2005, 16:52
Nov 30, 2005, 16:52

Most of the time I don't have trouble identifying who my teammates are. It takes practice though, if you want to stay aware of what's going on in your immediate area. Like Batman suggested, you need to be using your radar in combination with the rest of the game visuals to identify players. Once you get more into the game the uniforms (or lack thereof) will tip you off as well.

On the night maps in the expansion, it is a lot more common to have people sneaking around in dark areas or in the grass. While the night vision does a good job of lighting most things up directly in front of you, your peripheral vision is shot. If I hear footsteps, I look up at my radar first. If none of my teamates show up, I know it's time to get medieval.

BF2 does have some weird bugs than can throw you off though. Sometimes when people are going up ladders their names will trail under them and throw you off. Happens on vehicles too. I've seen name tags take 5+ seconds to show up even at close range on occasion, and sometimes, in the heat of battle I fire at them only to find the blue tag appearing as they fall dead. Doesn't happen very often for me though. I may get 1-2 accidental TKs in a 5 hour session most nights. Let's also not forget that the "friendly red tag" bug is back in full swing with the latest expansion and patch.

---
--
1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 13.
Newer [  1    8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23    73  ] Older