Total Posts
1450 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 12.
Newer [  1    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    73  ] Older

Re: No subject
Jan 18, 2006, 20:02
Re: No subject Jan 18, 2006, 20:02
Jan 18, 2006, 20:02

I thought the ranking was cool at first, because I liked the idea of earning the weapons the hard way, but now that I have them all, I don't really care about the ranks. I'm not playing BF2 so i can have an e-penis showdown with some group of dorks who game 12 hours a day.

---
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
Guild Wars lvl 15 R/Mo: "Oceas Saeco"
"My Gamer Fragged Your Honor Student"
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Re: Oy...
Jan 11, 2006, 18:24
Re: Oy... Jan 11, 2006, 18:24
Jan 11, 2006, 18:24

Still cracks me up that you dumbshits call the grenade launcher the noob toob. Fucking grenades are supposed to kill shit easily. What would the point be otherwise?

---
Guild Wars lvl 14 R/Mo: "Oceas Saeco"
Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't comin' back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me....
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Re: Oy...
Jan 11, 2006, 18:10
Re: Oy... Jan 11, 2006, 18:10
Jan 11, 2006, 18:10

Dagok,

Most of the "free content" for CSS was shit that should have already been in the game (models, skins), or rehashed shit maps you people have been playing on for god knows how many years now.

No thanks.

---
Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't comin' back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me....
This comment was edited on Jan 11, 18:22.
--

Re: h,mmmmm...
Jan 11, 2006, 18:08
Re: h,mmmmm... Jan 11, 2006, 18:08
Jan 11, 2006, 18:08

I've had a blast playing Special Forces. Lately thoughm I've been spending my limited gaming time on Guild Wars

---
--

Jan 10, 2006, 16:46
Re: No subject Jan 10, 2006, 16:46
Jan 10, 2006, 16:46

I'm a Ranger / Monk and it's been a lot of fun so far.

I never do go for the uber combos though. I build characters that suit my personality. I will play a Ranger type profession in any RPG I get into. "Rangers Lead The Way."

---
Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't comin' back. Burn the land And boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
--

Re: GW:F FFA
Jan 10, 2006, 14:19
Re: GW:F FFA Jan 10, 2006, 14:19
Jan 10, 2006, 14:19

Yeah, it's just hard for me to get into the PvP part of this game because I'm use to thinking of the total freedom in FPS games. I don't mind the turn based battle in PvE at all, but it's weird against other players.

We'll see though. I had a little fun in the snowball fights.

---
Take me out to the black. Tell 'em I ain't comin' back. Burn the land And boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.
--

Jan 10, 2006, 13:30
Re: GW:F FFA Jan 10, 2006, 13:30
Jan 10, 2006, 13:30

nin,

hmm.. I only play GW a few times a week, but I play for several hours when I do. Tuesdays are my main gaming night during the week (cause I have about 12 other hobbies and a family), and when I don't go out on weekend nights I will marathon usually into the wee hours of the morning. I think I'm getting in about 10-15 hours of gaming a week currently.

If you guys are looking for a new member who isn't on all the time, I'm down. As I said below, I'm mostly a coop player too, but wouldn't mind a little PvP if the guild needs me for it. I love this game. I'm continually blown away by the quests and missions in Guild Wars. It's amazing to me that other MMORPGs haven't risen to this level of quality.

I hope the devs making DDO, LOTRO and Conan are paying attention. How cool will Conan be if they do it right? What a great idea for a Fantasy MMO.

---
Guild Wars Level 14 Ranger/Monk: "Oceas Saeco"
"Put a quarter in your ass 'cause you played yourself."

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 13:30.
--

Jan 10, 2006, 12:55
Re: GW:F FFA Jan 10, 2006, 12:55
Jan 10, 2006, 12:55

@Caelistis

I probably would never have even tried PvP if it wasn't for the Wintersday snowball fights. It was kinda fun, but since I'm primarily an FPS player, it felt like I didnt have enough control over my toon.

nin, what's the deal with your guild. You guys have a nice hall and lots of members?

---
--

No subject
Jan 10, 2006, 11:54
No subject Jan 10, 2006, 11:54
Jan 10, 2006, 11:54

Awesome.

I just started playing this at Christmas, so I'm pretty stoked that an expansion is coming soon. I know I missed some cool content like Ascalon before the searing, but I'm happy that a lot of the bugs and stuff have been worked out already.

This game really does amaze me. I've never been a big RPG player at all, in fact this is only my second. The graphics are sexy, the quests and missions are a blast. It was money well spent.

---
--

Re: Fata!ity lost to...
Jan 7, 2006, 20:14
Re: Fata!ity lost to... Jan 7, 2006, 20:14
Jan 7, 2006, 20:14

I bet Nordic's real name is "Pat".

---
Guild Wars Level 11 Ranger/Monk: "Oceas Saeco"
--

Re: Fata!ity lost to...
Jan 7, 2006, 20:13
Re: Fata!ity lost to... Jan 7, 2006, 20:13
Jan 7, 2006, 20:13

My Favorite CES Booth Bait:

http://www.siliconfactor.com/aimg/cesgirls/40.jpg

Is it my imagination, or do most of these women look like used-up strippers? Not a particular impressive showing for Vegas, IMO. I've seen WAY better there at other shows.

---
--

Re: Lego mindstorm nxt
Jan 7, 2006, 19:56
Re: Lego mindstorm nxt Jan 7, 2006, 19:56
Jan 7, 2006, 19:56

Those of you who don't read the mindstorms wired article posted below, should at least check out these two paragraphs. I would like to congratulate Lego on their awesome, and rare, decision to let people "hack" their stuff:

Within weeks of the original Mindstorms debut, a Stanford graduate student named Kekoa Proudfoot reverse engineered the RCX brick and posted all of his findings, including detailed information on the brick's underlying firmware, online. Several other engineers quickly used Proudfoot's revelations to design their own Mindstorms tools, including an open source operating system (LegOS) and a C-like programming alternative to RCX-code (Not Quite C, or NQC). Lego's Danish brain trust soon realized that their proprietary code was loose on the Internet and debated how best to handle the hackers. "We have a pretty eager legal team, and protecting our IP is very high on its agenda," Nipper says. Some Lego executives worried that the hackers might cannibalize the market for future Mindstorms accessories or confuse potential customers looking for authorized Lego products.

After a few months of wait-and-see, Lego concluded that limiting creativity was contrary to its mission of encouraging exploration and ingenuity. Besides, the hackers were providing a valuable service. "We came to understand that this is a great way to make the product more exciting," Nipper says. "It's a totally different business paradigm -- although they don't get paid for it, they enhance the experience you can have with the basic Mindstorms set." Rather than send out cease and desist letters, Lego decided to let the modders flourish; it even wrote a "right to hack" into the Mindstorms software license, giving hobbyists explicit permission to let their imaginations run wild. Soon, dozens of Web sites were hosting third-party programs that helped Mindstorms users build robots that Lego had never dreamed of: soda machines, blackjack dealers, even toilet scrubbers. Hardware mavens designed sensors that were far more sophisticated than the touch and light sensors included in the factory kit. More than 40 Mindstorms guidebooks provided step-by-step strategies for tweaking performance out of the kit's 727 parts.

---
--

Re: Lego mindstorm nxt
Jan 7, 2006, 19:41
Re: Lego mindstorm nxt Jan 7, 2006, 19:41
Jan 7, 2006, 19:41

I didn't work with the original kits, but this stuff looks like something I could really get into.

---
--

Jan 4, 2006, 22:53
Re: No subject Jan 4, 2006, 22:53
Jan 4, 2006, 22:53

Xero,

If you weren't such a dumb twat, you would know that I made mention of the fact that Guild Wars isn't a true MMORPG. It does however have online elements that are key to game play. Its not like I can play the game on my machnine at home without going to the hubs and seeing other players. Since I can get into groups and enter instanced quests/missions with them, it's still ONLINE. Dumbass.

My focus was on instancing, how it enhances the MMORPG experience, and that it will be used in many future games. I hate cock-gobblers like you that read a couple sentences of someone's post, then jump to your moronic fanboy conclusion.

---
--

Jan 4, 2006, 19:31
Re: No subject Jan 4, 2006, 19:31
Jan 4, 2006, 19:31

I'd say let-it-die, but my kid plays it. She will be stoked.

---
--

Jan 4, 2006, 19:00
Re: No subject Jan 4, 2006, 19:00
Jan 4, 2006, 19:00

Also, there is plenty of room for MMO's other than WoW. I picked up the WoW trial, and though it sucked huge ass. A couple days later I picked up Guild Wars, and I love it. I know Guild Wars is not a true MMORPG, but it's close. New games such as LOTRO are going to use a percentage of instancing in their MMO because that is the best way to do kick ass quests. My point is, not everyone wants to play WoW. I won't bash it, but it wasn't for me. I understand it is very successful. I personally plan to play Guild Wars until LOTRO or DDO come out.

A word about Guild Wars instancing (OT):

Ok, so I've mentioned many times on Blue's that I've never been a huge RPG player. Never played pen & paper and my first RPG was SWG. I bailed on SWG a long time ago for several reasons, but one big reasons were that the quests sucked arse, and all the good mobs were relentlessly camped by dorks who play these games 12 hours a day. When Guild Wars came out, I wasn't interested in it at all. I don't even like Fantasy games to being with, and I didn't like the fact that it wasn't a "true mmorpg". My plan was to hang back, play BF2 and wait for a good sci-fi MMORPG.

I started to get an itch recently to do some adventuring like I used to in SWG, so I tried WoW and passed on it. I picked up Guild Wars fully expecting it to suck. The game turned out to be simply awesome, IMO. Yes, compared to other MMORPG's, it's simpler, and there is something to be said about having the whole world be persistent instead of instancing everything outside of the main hubs, but it really does work much better than I ever thought. The game, in my opinion, looks simply beautiful too, and makes WoW look like a cornturd.

Last night I went on my first couple large quests, and I was blown away by how fun they were. I was in a group with 5 other players that formed at one of the hubs, and we all stepped into our instanced quest. I now see the whole point behind instancing. Before I didn't really get it, except in concept, but now it all makes sense. There were no campers, no little punk kids to ruin your quest, ganking your loot. They are able to put in cut-scenes (which can be skipped) and have other real-time scripted events happen that simply couldn't in a regular MMO. My description here isn't doing the game any justice, I know, but I can say that this was the best questing experience I have seen. It really can be cinematic that way, and when compared to the crappy search and destroy missions from most games like SWG, Guild Wars seems unmatched.

Now, I will say that I did like the fully persistent world of SWG sometimes. I liked bumping into cool people while out hunting or adventuring, and I liked running into the occasional prick for a good argument. This is why I’m looking forward to seeing what LOTRO has to offer where most of the game is persistent, but will have some instanced elements such as certain quests. I’m not sure if DDO will have instancing, but if it doesn’t they are screwing up, IMO. I’ve heard WoW has some instancing of dungeons, but I don’t think they are doing gigantic instanced quests like Guild Wars does. Any of you WoW sheeple know?

Anyway, I’ve been dying for an MMORPG article to come up so I can say how much fun instancing can be. I’m really a big fan of it now, especially considering upcoming games that will have a good balance of persistent and instanced content.

---
--

Jan 4, 2006, 18:23
Re: No subject Jan 4, 2006, 18:23
Jan 4, 2006, 18:23

I wouldn't be surprised if Source was related to the problem. Seriously, think of all the content in a full MMORPG if it's done correctly. God knows what the high-res art assets alone would cost to create. This is also why SOE is the only company out there with a "cutting edge" graphics MMORPG, EQ2. They can afford it.

---
--

Re: ...
Jan 2, 2006, 19:12
Re: ... Jan 2, 2006, 19:12
Jan 2, 2006, 19:12

You are out of your friggin mind. The graphics of the original "Unreal" (not UT) game kicked ass compared to anything else around at the time. I've been waiting for them to recreate the "magic" of that game since it died. The engine went all cartoony-looking after the original.

---
--

Jan 2, 2006, 10:18
Re: No subject Jan 2, 2006, 10:18
Jan 2, 2006, 10:18

I seriously don't care if they make spring. I'm going to be an Xbox 360 and PS3 owner. I already decided to wait until this summer to get a 360 so that MS can work out some problems. I probably won't buy a PS3 until 6 months after it's release either.

As for games... look how far games on the PS2 and regular old Xbox evolved as the developers learned new ways to code for these things. I remember reading an article about devs learning to use motion blur code as a form of anti aliasing to make newer games look better on the old hardware in the PS2. Most of these new games may not be everything we think they should be, but these devs will continue to learn ways to make games look and work better as months pass by, and not just by using tricks like the example above, but by using the machines correctly and to their full potential.

Yeah, it would be nice if everything worked perfectly at launch, but welcome to reality. The more complex these consoles get, the harder they will be to tame. No big surprise here for me.

---
Guild Wars Level 10 Ranger/Monk: "Oceas Saeco"
--

Re: ...
Dec 29, 2005, 11:09
Re: ... Dec 29, 2005, 11:09
Dec 29, 2005, 11:09

Half Life 2 gets best single player story, best urban city graphics, but scores low on the physics aka (HF, Unreal stutter type of movement and character animation)

What crap machine are you using? I didn't have any weird stuttering or physics problems on mine in HL2.

---
Guild Wars Level 10 Ranger/Monk: "Oceas Saeco"
--
1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 12.
Newer [  1    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    73  ] Older