Total Posts
1450 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 10.
Newer [  1    5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20    73  ] Older

No subject
Feb 21, 2006, 19:04
No subject Feb 21, 2006, 19:04
Feb 21, 2006, 19:04

I never finished this game. It seemed pretty cool, but the guns fired wierd or seemed quirky somehow. Like there was a delay when you hit the fire button.

I may go back and finish it some day, but it just didn't keep my interest up.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
"My Gamer Fragged Your Honor Student"
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Re: Is this the episode...
Feb 21, 2006, 18:35
Re: Is this the episode... Feb 21, 2006, 18:35
Feb 21, 2006, 18:35

Also... I see posts from people here who said they bombed through HL2 in one night...

I can't imagine all the cool visuals and stuff you must miss when you haul ass through a game like this. I will always end up playing the game a bit longer because part of getting a new game for me is exploring the maps and checking out all the detail that went into it for 2+ years. I can't imagine paying $50 for a game I'm going to be done with in one day. I guess I'm into gaming for more than just the challenge though. I love the tech and art work.

I remember when Quake 2 came out my friend and I fired up a server and loaded the maps one by one just to walk around in them and check out all the new features and content. Did any of you ever play with the Gib machines in the space maps of Quake 2?

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Feb 21, 2006, 18:25
Re: Is this the episode... Feb 21, 2006, 18:25
Feb 21, 2006, 18:25

On Topic:

HL2 was the best shooter I have played in years and years. Doom 3, Quake 4, FEAR, Far Cry, etc were all decent games, but they didn't keep me as involved as HL2 did.

I'm willing to pay a little more for this premium game as long as the episodes maintain the quality of the original, and continue to evolve. Once I hit a point where my eyes are glazing over and my mind wonders from the game, I'm done.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
This comment was edited on Feb 21, 18:30.
--

Feb 21, 2006, 18:23
Re: Is this the episode... Feb 21, 2006, 18:23
Feb 21, 2006, 18:23

What's all this crap about "corridor shooting"? The only game I know of that promises to end that is vaporware (STALKER). Far Cry seemed like it wasn't a corridor shooter, but in reality it just had wider corridors. Maybe there are other shooters out there that I haven't played which allow you to encounter content on your own terms. Anyone?

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
This comment was edited on Feb 21, 18:28.
--

No subject
Feb 20, 2006, 18:36
No subject Feb 20, 2006, 18:36
Feb 20, 2006, 18:36

Clusterfuck.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
--

Re: ...
Feb 19, 2006, 22:05
Re: ... Feb 19, 2006, 22:05
Feb 19, 2006, 22:05

Bullshit on the "Call for Input" on T:V. They did what they wanted to do, just like Sony did. It is expected that gaming companies ask for feedback, it doesn't mean they use it.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
--

Re: No subject
Feb 19, 2006, 20:25
Re: No subject Feb 19, 2006, 20:25
Feb 19, 2006, 20:25

The whole situation reminds me of what SOE just did to Star Wars Galaxies. They BURNED their player base. The burned the people who had 2-3+ accounts, established characters, established relationships, the people who made the game a rich place to spend your time.

Game companies seem to underestimate how important their base community is. We are the trumpeters of the game. The people who run and populate the fan sites, the people who tell our friends to buy the game, who give feedback, who beta test, and FUCKING CARE about the direction of the game.

SOE turned SWG upside down, and they did it without warning. Their intentions had more to do with getting MORE subscribers that their bullshit about making the game feel "more Star Warsy". In the process of dumbing the game down for the masses, they lost the base community that was the beating heart of the game.

Same thing happened with T:V. They dumbed the game down so that joe sixpack gamer could jump in and spam away. The base community of the game WELCOMED the complexity of the original franchise. We had already tried the "arena" arcade FPS shooters out there, and chose Tribes 1-2 instead. I'm waiting for a company to come along and realize that we are not all stupid people, and that it's ok to make a game that is a little too intense for some people, with a steep learning curve. These are the kinds of games I seek out, and I'm sure many other gamers do to.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
This comment was edited on Feb 19, 21:05.
--

Re: Well
Feb 19, 2006, 15:53
Re: Well Feb 19, 2006, 15:53
Feb 19, 2006, 15:53

I'm surprised someone hasn't brough the jetpacks back in some other FPS franchise. I mean every other feature of FPS games is jacked.

For me, the jetpacks brought a whole other dimension to the gameplay. If you were an awesome FPS player, you couldn't just pop into Tribes and start kicking ass like you can in regular FPS games. You had to learn how to fight with jetpacks if you wanted to kick some real ass. Rember how fun it was to go one on one with the a really good enemy player that could give you a challenge? Tribes was a gamers game. Noobs would get completely mopped up until they learned how to fight. Now all of our games are dumbed down for the lowest common denominator.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
--

Feb 19, 2006, 15:19
Re: No subject Feb 19, 2006, 15:19
Feb 19, 2006, 15:19

Merry Christmas! Shitter's Full!

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
--

Re: Well
Feb 19, 2006, 15:13
Re: Well Feb 19, 2006, 15:13
Feb 19, 2006, 15:13

T:V was a pox on the gaming world and an insult to the Tribes community. Bring back the original series, lose the cartoony Unreal engine, open the maps back up instead of creating arcade like "arenas", and we will come back. Seriously how many people have something bad to say about the original Tribes series other than Tribes 2 launch being buggy? Tribes 1 and 2 was the best gameplay I have ever experienced, and I have been gaming online since the beginning.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
--

Re: RIAA, or how to commit suicide
Feb 16, 2006, 21:34
Re: RIAA, or how to commit suicide Feb 16, 2006, 21:34
Feb 16, 2006, 21:34

honestly, who gives a shit what the RIAA says? Microsoft is going to give them a reach around by putting all the DRM they can in Vista. Looks like I'll finally be moving over to Linux for my day to day computing. I'll keep a XP machine around just for gaming.

F you RIAA, MPAA and Microsoft.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
--

Re: Iron Gator
Feb 16, 2006, 19:33
Re: Iron Gator Feb 16, 2006, 19:33
Feb 16, 2006, 19:33

uuuugh. Give me ETQW or Huxley please.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
--

Feb 15, 2006, 12:06
Re: No subject Feb 15, 2006, 12:06
Feb 15, 2006, 12:06

lol I bought this game, installed it and played about 3 minutes of it when it first came out. Not sure why, just wasn't into it.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
--

Feb 13, 2006, 19:24
Re: No subject Feb 13, 2006, 19:24
Feb 13, 2006, 19:24

I can honestly say I couldn't pull myself away from HL2. FEAR, Doom3, Quake4 all bored me to death. Never finished any of them. If they couldn't keep me interested, I'm sure not going to force it.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
--

Re: I hope C: free disk space was fixed!
Feb 13, 2006, 18:58
Re: I hope C: free disk space was fixed! Feb 13, 2006, 18:58
Feb 13, 2006, 18:58

I love BF2. I just took a couple months away from it to play some other things. Came back and having fun all over again. Great game.

All I want now is ETQW.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
This comment was edited on Feb 13, 18:58.
--

Re: It seems to me
Feb 13, 2006, 14:43
Re: It seems to me Feb 13, 2006, 14:43
Feb 13, 2006, 14:43

I can't stand much fantasy content anyway, but I think I will wait for LotRO. Looks a lot more promising than this one.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
--

Feb 9, 2006, 23:23
Re: No subject Feb 9, 2006, 23:23
Feb 9, 2006, 23:23

Nin,

wtf does "it died" mean. what died?

I'm an IT director. The main issues I have with it are usually related to some "free" crap someone downloaded off the net. It does act pretty glitchy with WiFi though. What issues are you having that are so troublesome?

I've personally had it installed on everything from $150 franken-computers to high end gaming machines / video workstations since it was in beta. Maybe I have just been "lucky" with so few problems.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
--

Feb 9, 2006, 18:22
Re: No subject Feb 9, 2006, 18:22
Feb 9, 2006, 18:22

nin,

I used XP Pro RC2 for 6 months after it went gold. It worked great and never crashed. Doesn't matter anyway because I will be buying it as soon as it comes out. RC2 will be temporary.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
This comment was edited on Feb 9, 18:24.
--

Feb 9, 2006, 18:20
Re: No subject Feb 9, 2006, 18:20
Feb 9, 2006, 18:20

I suppose Riley, but most of the people in here are whining about the cost. These are the same idiots who will spend $200 on flashing lights for the inside of their dumb ass cartoony computer cases.

How do you plan to escape DRM? It's not going anywhere I can assure you. If you are concerned with it, you should begin acquainting yourself with the myriad of ways to get around it now. The rest of the sheeple will use whatever is stuck in front of them.

Apple is going to end up being DRM heavy as well. The entertainment industry is driving it. The only escape will be Linux and what will that get you? Certainly not GAMES. Not to mention that the average computer user (and gamer) can barely use Windows, let alone Linux.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
--

Feb 9, 2006, 18:12
Re: No subject Feb 9, 2006, 18:12
Feb 9, 2006, 18:12

As for the gaming PC vs console arguments... again.. who cares? PC gaming is likely to become a "niche market" even though the numbers are much smaller than consoles, there is still a buttload of money to be made.

The only thing you can really do to help with the death of PC gaming, is to get involved in the console community. Start trying to help the future direction of consoles the way we have PC games for the last decade.

---
SEED Closed Beta Team
--
1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 10.
Newer [  1    5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20    73  ] Older