Total Posts
1450 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 73.
Newer [  1    58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ] Older

Re: No subject
Feb 3, 2002, 22:12
Re: No subject Feb 3, 2002, 22:12
Feb 3, 2002, 22:12

Carmack kicks ass. He raises the bar for game graphics, and he does so without jumping into bed with Microsoft like so many other game developers *coughBUNGIEcough* have.

What I really miss is the .plan updates id used to put out. It was great to hear the coders and artists talk about technology, things they are working on, etc. It seems like they have disconnected from us gamers. I hope they come back soon.

Descent was retarded. I played it, and it was about as exciting as a bucket of doll heads.

Ever wonder if the guy has a typo when he wrote Geforce3? What makes you think he wrote that on purpose?

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 22:13.
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Re: No subject
Feb 3, 2002, 21:44
Re: No subject Feb 3, 2002, 21:44
Feb 3, 2002, 21:44

Where can I send my $50 to pre-order Unreal2? We need a new engine. The Q3 engine has been used to death.

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Re: Apple loses again
Jan 31, 2002, 16:27
Re: Apple loses again Jan 31, 2002, 16:27
Jan 31, 2002, 16:27

Ehem.... I have a 3 month old Geforce 3 Ti200 for sale if anyone wants it. I'll let it go for half what I paid for it...so $99 bucks and you too can get 100+fps in Quake3 based games

Bring on the Geforce4!!! Umm..can I put that on layaway? I should be able to afford it about the time the Geforce5 comes out.

FAST FORWARD A YEAR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ehem.... I have a 3 month old Geforce 4 for sale if anyone wants it. I'll let it go for half what I paid for it...so $150 bucks and you too can get 200+fps in Quake3 based games

-hehe

--

No subject
Jan 23, 2002, 19:25
No subject Jan 23, 2002, 19:25
Jan 23, 2002, 19:25

If I had to guess, I would say that they cranked up the motion on the water just to show off the newer water effect. To really show the wave effect in it. That's my guess. Im quite sure the water is adjustable. These people are not idiots or amatures. I still haven't seen a game that looked better than the original Unreal. Wolfy comes real close, and while the Q3 engine has some really neat effects (shaders), it still doesn't produce the environmental feeling I had while exploring the Unreal maps. Wolfy looked sweet on my GF3, but there were only a few places that made me "oooh and ahhh". For the most part it was the same old stuff. Call me spoiled. I will say that wolfy Single player is the first game to give Half Life a run for it's money....but still the story wasn't as intense as Half Life, and I found the End battle of Wolfy to be a bore.

As for water, I always thought the water in Unreal 1 was the best looking I have seen. Q3 water is not very impressive, and I have an Xbox and can tell you that I don't find Halo's water all that exciting either. The first time I saw a huge waterfall in Unreal I about shit myself....and the ripples....supercool.

Anyway, like someone else says, screenshots NEVER do a game justice. Just look at movie shots. Have you ever seen a capture of a movie frame that actually looked good?

Lets face it...we are all ready for the next big engine. Unreal2 will be cool to keep us busy until Id's next engine is out, but that's what we really want. While I love new games, and currently I am ripping it up in Urban Terror (a q3 TC), I am burned out on the Q3 engine. I always find myself wondering what Carmack and crew have brewing for us. We haven't heard jack about the new doom engine since the Macworld stuff!

ID....PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE ON YOUR NEW PROJECT!!!

--

One thing I notice about you lamers..
Dec 22, 2001, 20:55
One thing I notice about you lamers.. Dec 22, 2001, 20:55
Dec 22, 2001, 20:55

Is that you all like to talk smack with ANON usernames and no email for people to reply to. It's real easy for you to dog someone elses hard work when you can hide behind the internet. Typical AOL lamers.

Now, why don't you go write some of the most popular games in the world you little snot nosed net-newbie whiners.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 20:56.
--

Re: Looks like a step backwards, graphically
Dec 6, 2001, 01:31
Re: Looks like a step backwards, graphically Dec 6, 2001, 01:31
Dec 6, 2001, 01:31

Well, I did play tribes knowing the grapics sucked, and I loved it so maybe I will give this one a try when it comes out. All I have to say is that it better have some good netcode or it will die like the the majority of the other FPS's out there.

--

Looks like a step backwards, graphically
Dec 5, 2001, 17:27
Looks like a step backwards, graphically Dec 5, 2001, 17:27
Dec 5, 2001, 17:27

Call me a spoiled id child, but this new game looks like an old game at first glance. I'm personally tired of spending money on FPS clones with run of the mill gameplay and graphics. I will just stick to what I have until Unreal2 and Id's new DOOM Engine based games come out.

--

Doom
Dec 1, 2001, 14:57
Doom Dec 1, 2001, 14:57
Dec 1, 2001, 14:57

Not that I know what the hell Im talking about, but I think it would be best for you guys to think of "Doom" as the new engine. There are several games coming from id that will use the new engine. One of which we know is a new Doom title, a single player based game. The other is being done by Nerve/id and will replace Quake3 as the online king. If you visit Nervesoftware.com they talk about it a little. They are saying that the new online game (call it Quake4 if you wish) will be revolutionary. I can't wait for screenshots.

I wish id would break the silence about the project and start talking pumping us up. They probably don't want to steal RTCW's thunder right now...which I understand. I miss the days when Carmack would update his .plan with tech speak giving us hints of the advanced technology in id's latest work. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am ready for the next big engine. Q3 and all the tons of games based on it are getting a little tiresome. I will say that RTCW kicks the ass for single player. Up until I got this game nothing had stacked up to Half Life single player in my opinion. Wolfy finally surpasses Half Life by a long shot. Congrats id!

-A loyal fan since Quake 1 existed only as screenshots

(well, I also played all the doom games, but I consider Quake 1 the first true online game)

--

Re: UGH!
Nov 23, 2001, 19:15
Re: UGH! Nov 23, 2001, 19:15
Nov 23, 2001, 19:15

That game looks ghey to me....sorta Quake 2 like. (not that Q2 is ghey, but it is old technology. I'm tired of playing games that still look like Quake2 and 3. I'm ready for the next big thing. BRING ON THE NEW DOOM ENGINE!!!

--

Some peole should get a life...
Nov 16, 2001, 16:44
Some peole should get a life... Nov 16, 2001, 16:44
Nov 16, 2001, 16:44

I'm stoked about the Xbox I picked up, but I sure wasn't THAT stoked. Dude looks like he might lock himself in a dark basement with Jolt, cheetos, and his seXbox for 6 months.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 16:45.
--
1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 73.
Newer [  1    58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ] Older