Total Posts
1450 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 7.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17    73  ] Older

Re: PVG!!!
Apr 18, 2006, 12:31
Re: PVG!!! Apr 18, 2006, 12:31
Apr 18, 2006, 12:31

I thought watching poker on TV would suck, but occasionally I do get sucked in. Hell at least in gaming, we will know what's going on.

I also used to love watching game demos of Thresh owning people back in the day. It can be very educational, and maybe some of the fodder out there will learn a thing or two and play better.

-----
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
Guild Wars Player Name: "Oceas Saeco"
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold." -Bob Marley
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Re: No subject
Apr 9, 2006, 20:30
Re: No subject Apr 9, 2006, 20:30
Apr 9, 2006, 20:30

I personally stopped caring about ranking when I unlocked all but one weapon. Now I just enjoy the game.

-----
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold." -Bob Marley
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Mar 28, 2006, 21:17
Re: No subject Mar 28, 2006, 21:17
Mar 28, 2006, 21:17

Is this the patch that turns Quake 4 into Quake Wars?

-----
--

Mar 28, 2006, 20:58
Re: No subject Mar 28, 2006, 20:58
Mar 28, 2006, 20:58

I enjoy the shit out of this game. Sure it has some frustrations, but I've dealt with that on every game I have played online for 11 years now. In fact, i'll be putting 3 hours in tonight

-----
--

Re: sheesh
Mar 28, 2006, 17:36
Re: sheesh Mar 28, 2006, 17:36
Mar 28, 2006, 17:36

Does anyone else here notice a weird lag when firing the noob tube? It used to fire instantly like all the other weapons, and you could follow the grenade with your eyes. Now there is some weird lag where you fire, don't see anything, then a second or so later it blows up where you fired it.

Drives me nuts.

-----
--

Mar 28, 2006, 01:21
Re: No subject Mar 28, 2006, 01:21
Mar 28, 2006, 01:21

Is this the patch that makes the game NOT a cutesy, cartoony looking turd?

-----
--

Mar 24, 2006, 16:31
Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 16:31
Mar 24, 2006, 16:31

Jesus Christ, Planetside is still up and running? How the hell is SOE keeping that turd alive? I had high hopes for that game back in Beta. Now I'm waiting for Huxley.

-----
--

Mar 24, 2006, 16:28
Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 16:28
Mar 24, 2006, 16:28

I really liked the game, still kindi do. When I play a game like this though, I want it to be a true MMORPG. If it's not, I will get bored after a relatively short while. I don't understand how people can play offline RPGs at all, but that's just me.

I'm just playing BF2 until someone puts out a decent MMO. I can't stand WoW and it's "cutesy" cartoony atmosphere. DDO sucks, who knows if LOTRO will be any good. Id like to think Conan will be cool but what are the odds?

-----
This comment was edited on Mar 24, 16:28.
--

No subject
Mar 22, 2006, 23:05
No subject Mar 22, 2006, 23:05
Mar 22, 2006, 23:05

Wow.. someone licensed Source. Trip of it. Surprised they didn't go with Unreal like everyone else

-----
--

Mar 22, 2006, 23:04
Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 23:04
Mar 22, 2006, 23:04

It doesn't matter if it was meant to see the light of day. It was a stupid mistake, and they may have to pay for it. Seriously, think about it. In this day and age with people modding, reverse engineering, hacking, etc, is it really smart to leave stuff like that in the code, unless you don't mind seeing it come out later?

I don't know if they should be getting sued like they are, but someone should be dangling in the wind for the stupidity of it all.

-----
--

Mar 22, 2006, 22:56
Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 22:56
Mar 22, 2006, 22:56

Fausticle

What the hell is a "community collage"?

Take your lame ass back to myspace, boy. The point I was making is that building your own machine is a choice. You either want to do it or you don't. Ripping on people who don't mind spending a little more money and saving time on an Alienware or Falcon is ludicrous. The reason I brought up my work is that I have been building my own for a long time, and I don't why some of you think it's so special. I buy all Dells for my company these days, and they run as solid as any computer I have ever built. My staff never complains about them. Nice try, ripping on my job. I suppose we should believe you have a better one, eh? Is this the part where we compare our e-penis?

The fact that you call the research involved in building a high end gaming machine "light reading" is exactly my point. When you come back down to reality from your ubergeek mothership, you will agree with everyone else here who knows a damn thing about computers, that building a high end machine, especially if you don't keep up with the hardware on a month by month basis, can take quit a bit of "light reading" (read: time). If someone doesn't want to go through all of that, I don't see why you should care. Another poster mentioned warranty work. That's one of the biggest reason we go with Dell at work, and why I tell people to buy Dells for home. They are cheap, and they have decent support. Not every gamer knows the hardware inside and out. The two things aren't tied together, except in your mind.

-----
This comment was edited on Mar 22, 22:59.
--

No subject
Mar 22, 2006, 22:39
No subject Mar 22, 2006, 22:39
Mar 22, 2006, 22:39

They should be sued for making such a crappy game. GTA was garbage. Kinda blows me away that people like it. But then again, look how many people are playing WoW....

-----
--

Re: Oblivion Initial Impressions
Mar 22, 2006, 22:36
Re: Oblivion Initial Impressions Mar 22, 2006, 22:36
Mar 22, 2006, 22:36

We are all circling the bowl....

-----
--

Mar 22, 2006, 22:27
Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 22:27
Mar 22, 2006, 22:27

Speckled Jim

They itend to handle physics acceleration kinda like they do with video cards, where the people who have the AGEIA will see visual enhancements, but core gameplay won't really be affected.

You are right though, to get the full benefit out of the AGEIA, you would have to write a game around it's abilities. Still there are plenty of hardware whores like me who will buy these things. The average person doesn't buy a $400 -$500 video card (or two for SLI), yet nVidia can't keep them on shelves for quite a while after release. I had a bitch of a time locating the one I have now.

-----
This comment was edited on Mar 22, 22:27.
--

Mar 22, 2006, 22:22
Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 22:22
Mar 22, 2006, 22:22

Creston, physics in HL2 was hardly a gimmick. You actually used the physics to play the game, and it did make the entire game more interesting. Gimmicky is like physics in DOOM 3 or (insert shooter name here) where (wow) rag doll is featured and you can shoot random things around the room and watch them move.

-----
--

Mar 22, 2006, 22:09
Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 22:09
Mar 22, 2006, 22:09

I love this. This is the part where you fuckin dorks sit here and rip on people for buying Alienware machines, because you think you are somehow "special" for building your own machines.

I've been building my own machines, and countless other machines/servers since like 1992, including my gaming rig I'm typing on right now. Big fuckin' deal. I do it because I am INTERESTED in doing it. I happen to be an I.T. Director. At some point when I become disinterested in building my own, I will buy an XPS, Alienware or Falcon box. Why you ask? Why the hell not? They all run great, and the games I want to play work on them.

So what if they are a little overpriced sometimes. If money isn't a concern, or you have more money then time to waste geeking out on the net looking for your ultimate computer dream list of parts, then one of these pre-built gaming rigs will be more than good enough. (GASP) you can even upgrade it with non-oem parts later!!

Dorksquad: get over yourselves. You aren't cool because you build your own machine. If you think you are, perhaps you should step out into the sun once in a while.

-----
--

Re: Great
Mar 22, 2006, 17:28
Re: Great Mar 22, 2006, 17:28
Mar 22, 2006, 17:28

Meatforce,

I agree. The problem is talking the game developers into adding support for one or the other. They are probably going to stick to whatever has the largest user base. I have no idea if it's even possible for them to have support for BOTH solutions. I guess we can hope for it. I don't want to spend $250 for the AGEIA only to find out that 3 games on the entire planet support it a year from now.

-----
http://www.frappr.com/bluesnewsmembers
--

Mar 22, 2006, 17:25
Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 17:25
Mar 22, 2006, 17:25

I'm rooting for Quake Wars for many reasons. I guess the good news is that we will have 2 futuristic tactical games to choose from this fall. Can't complain about that.

I really hope id makes sure Quake Wars is up to par. I've about lost my decade+ old fanboyism for them in recent years.

-----
This comment was edited on Mar 22, 17:32.
--

Re: bitch
Mar 22, 2006, 17:17
Re: bitch Mar 22, 2006, 17:17
Mar 22, 2006, 17:17

Wait, this game doesn't have jetpacks does it? God I miss the tribes jetpacks. Best combat ever in that game, and the added skill it took to learn how to be effective at combat with the packs was worth GOLD to me.

Bring back games that require skill, and stop dumbing them down for the console people.

-----
--

Re: bitch
Mar 22, 2006, 17:15
Re: bitch Mar 22, 2006, 17:15
Mar 22, 2006, 17:15

Well, I'm guessing Enemy Territory Quake Wars will be coming for the holidays this year too. Going to be interesting to see which one people choose. If Quake Wars is done right, BF2142 won't be able to touch it. One thing I never liked about the BF games is how weak and light everything feels. The engine does not do a good job of making you feel like things have weight, including your player. Id games have always had a granular level of feedback that I haven't seen duplicated elsewhere, especially not the BF engine (or whatever it is called).

As big of fan of BF2 as I am (despite the bugs), I'm still hoping ETQW kicks large ass.

-----
--
1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 7.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17    73  ] Older