Total Posts
1450 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 6.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    73  ] Older

Re: No subject
Jun 4, 2006, 02:05
Re: No subject Jun 4, 2006, 02:05
Jun 4, 2006, 02:05

Tribes: V was tuned out because it sucks ass. Had nothing at all to do with the patching of Tribes 2. Plenty of us ex-Tribes players would have gladely played the new one if they didn't dumb it down for the masses.

-----
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
"This is Red 5, I'm going in."
Spam: Gamers over 25 unite! www.2old2play.com
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Re: #100 by Dagok
Jun 2, 2006, 20:57
Re: #100 by Dagok Jun 2, 2006, 20:57
Jun 2, 2006, 20:57

haha! That's the best you have? Brilliant.

-----
--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

Jun 2, 2006, 19:07
Re: #100 by Dagok Jun 2, 2006, 19:07
Jun 2, 2006, 19:07

P.S.

How can you pretend to tell us what we should think the god damn game is worth? The fact is, it's subjective. If you had half the brain you think you have, this wouldn't be a tough concept to grasp. Sometimes worth isn't just about an equation.

As for how my money is spent, I do what I want with it (gasp!) including charity. My family and I also donate our time to the local "soup kitchen" on some weekends including Thanksgiving every year. What the FUCK are you doing, Mr. Altruistic?

-----
This comment was edited on Jun 2, 19:09.
--

Jun 2, 2006, 19:03
Re: #100 by Dagok Jun 2, 2006, 19:03
Jun 2, 2006, 19:03

Zephalephelah,

You are such a whiney pathetic fuck. Every time you open your suckhole on these forums you are bitching about something. Why don't you go blow your fucking horn on a soap box for issues that actually matter.

-----
This comment was edited on Jun 2, 19:16.
--

Re: yeah...
Jun 2, 2006, 12:19
Re: yeah... Jun 2, 2006, 12:19
Jun 2, 2006, 12:19

They have done great things in Episode one. I love the character animations, how Alex will lean up against a wall, or interacts with Dog. Just too cool. Lot's of puzzles too. Well worth 20 bones IMO. I love the part in the underground garage where they pumped music up during the fight. Felt like a movie fight scene from an action flick.

I'm sorry. You people can bitch about this game franchise all you want, but I just don't know what other shooters out there are hanging at this level of quality. Some of you need meds.

-----
--

Jun 1, 2006, 21:14
Re: No subject Jun 1, 2006, 21:14
Jun 1, 2006, 21:14

That and I really just don't understand people saying HL2 sucked. Compared to what, I ask? I've bought just about every FPS game to come out for well over a decade, and only a few stick out in my mind. Half Life 1 and Half Life 2 are on that list. To each his own I guess.

-----
--

Jun 1, 2006, 20:49
Re: No subject Jun 1, 2006, 20:49
Jun 1, 2006, 20:49

Seriously, you think $20 is too much? Jesus, I must make WAY too much money. I buy DVDs all the time for only a little less and I don't think anything of it. This game will last me several hours. Worth 20 bones to me.

-----
--

Jun 1, 2006, 20:44
Re: No subject Jun 1, 2006, 20:44
Jun 1, 2006, 20:44

lol, I'm glad I had a blast playing HL2. Can't wait to play this. Must suck to be some of you. haha.

-----
--

Jun 1, 2006, 20:42
Re: No subject Jun 1, 2006, 20:42
Jun 1, 2006, 20:42

SOLD!

-----
--

Re: live long and prosper from monthly f
May 25, 2006, 15:00
Re: live long and prosper from monthly f May 25, 2006, 15:00
May 25, 2006, 15:00

space captain,

What you are asking for can be pulled off, but they need to design the game in such a way that role playing comes natural. Look at the game SEED. The gameplay sucks IMO, but role playing is a KEY part of the game. I'm not really the RP type, but you naturally get into it because whichever political group has the most votes is going to decide the future direction of the game. It's a very compelling feature. People started getting into character and discussing their particular view of the game's future months before the game was out. Hell, I even went out and picked up some books on space terraforming so I could better argue my points. I ended up leaving the game because the gameplay sucks, but it has a ton of potential.

I think this is the model future MMOs sould be looking at. If peole feel like they are going to influence the game world itself over time, they will get into it more. MMOs should be designed with an open future. Expansions aren't enough anymore. People want more than the grind and loot. I'm so bored that I have no plans to join another MMO until I see something REALLY different come out.

-----
--

Re: live long and prosper from monthly f
May 25, 2006, 14:53
Re: live long and prosper from monthly f May 25, 2006, 14:53
May 25, 2006, 14:53

Halsy,

You have an extremely limited imagination if you think this can't be pulled off. You should probably go and read some of the past articles the devs have made about the game concept.

It is a game. How hard is it to put a rule set in that says, if the captain is steering the ship toward a star, a "failsafe" computer takes over or stops the ship. Think "game" here dude. It's not going to be 100% realistic, nor does it have to be. In Star Wars Galaxies, you are flying around in space near planets, and the game doesn't even allow you to get close to them. Doesn't ruin the game, but makes sense. Not to mention that large crew driven ships probably won't be cheap (whatever that translates to in gameplay), so how often would someone want to simply destroy a large ship?

I do agree with you on exploration though. That's huge for me in ANY mmo, but should be a key component in STO.

-----
--

Re: It should be...
May 22, 2006, 14:15
Re: It should be... May 22, 2006, 14:15
May 22, 2006, 14:15

I enjoy watching Lost. Some of you self-proclaimed critics are pure dorkage.

-----
Spam: www.projectoffset.com
--

Re: no no no
May 10, 2006, 23:54
Re: no no no May 10, 2006, 23:54
May 10, 2006, 23:54

typical mmo. what else would you be doing if you weren't grinding?

-----
SWG Bria Galaxy: "Oceas Moonshadow"
Spam: www.projectoffset.com
--

Re: quakewars
May 4, 2006, 13:15
Re: quakewars May 4, 2006, 13:15
May 4, 2006, 13:15

Can't friggin wait. I expect it at Xmas.

-----
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold." -Bob Marley
--

May 2, 2006, 15:44
Re: No subject May 2, 2006, 15:44
May 2, 2006, 15:44

Consumers are better off ordering the CD media retail. Easier and simpler.

Says you. I love getting my software from online distribution. I do prefer a service like Direct2Drive from the Game Spy people rather than Steam though. Steam doesn't bother me. I turn it off when I don't need it like any other program.

Where I live it can be a real bitch to find games when you want them. Since I hate waiting for stuff to ship snail mail, downloads are the way to go for me.

-----
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold." -Bob Marley
--

No subject
May 2, 2006, 11:48
No subject May 2, 2006, 11:48
May 2, 2006, 11:48

I guess the whole phone game thing is lost on me. I use the hell out of my phone, and I'm one of those people who is usually sporting a $300+ phone. Still, I have no urge to watch TV or play games on it. I can see how people would though, I guess.

-----
--

Re:
May 2, 2006, 11:42
Re: May 2, 2006, 11:42
May 2, 2006, 11:42

I have Verizon FiOs (home fiber service) here, I'm doing the 15Mb down/ 3Mb Up package. Kicks ass. Only charging me $39USD/month

-----
--

Re: I don't understand....
May 2, 2006, 11:37
Re: I don't understand.... May 2, 2006, 11:37
May 2, 2006, 11:37

I was in closed beta from the beginning. In reality it was more like a closed pre-alpha, and the devs had unrealistic expectations for it's release date. I left shortly after getting into beta, but checked in on it once in a while. I never did see a giant improvement. I find it hard to believe it's ready for a trial.

On a positive note, the game concept is awesome. It's not for PvP-only types for sure, but what drew me to it was having access to a game where battle isn't the only focus. The way the game is set up, it's hard NOT to get involved with role playing. It's just a natural part of what's going on in the game. I already play BF2 and other games to get my kill on, so this would be a great alternative if the game play was brought up to a respectable level.

-----
Guild Wars Player Name: "Oceas Saeco"
--

Apr 20, 2006, 00:11
Re: No subject Apr 20, 2006, 00:11
Apr 20, 2006, 00:11

Im in closed beta too, and it took me all of 10 mins in the game to know it would be delayed. One of the devs actually argued with me in IRC and told me I was wrong. Guess what, it was delayed. It needs 6 months to a year before it's anything resembling a modern game. AWESOME idea for a non-violent MMO. I fell in love with the concept right away. I'm sad to say, that I don't have enough imagination to "pretend" this game is fun.

Someone steal the concept, and do it right.

-----
--

Re: anyone been in beta up to now?
Apr 19, 2006, 01:36
Re: anyone been in beta up to now? Apr 19, 2006, 01:36
Apr 19, 2006, 01:36

The concept is cool, but the execution is retarded. I was very excited about this game, because the RP could be a blast (and I'm not really into RP). The game itself is just boring as hell, IMO. I'm keeping an eye on it, hoping it gets better.

I think many of you will find that this is more like an "Open Alpha" than a Beta.

-----
--
1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 6.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    73  ] Older