Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 3356 (Veteran)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2016, 22:28 Redmask

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 16:29:
Right -- transmission is a huge problem. But let us ignore all that stuff for now... If it was feasible to cover most of Nevada or Arizona in solar panels, would the power produced approach the national usage or not?

I got tired of waiting for either of them to reply so I did the math myself. You would actually need several times the national usage to account for power during cloudy days and to take into account interruptions in supply. In fact even higher when you take into account distribution loss over distance. So no, the area from that blog posted would not suffice.

If someone covered all of Arizona in solar panels they would be the worlds worst leader, having spent trillions of dollars on questionable infrastructure that is an incredibly easy target for enemies and would effectively disable the entire country.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Free DLC

13. Re: Battlefield 4 Free DLC Sep 15, 2016, 07:30 Redmask

This kind of thing just makes it less likely I would buy their DLC in the future. Glad I didn't get the season pass.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

18. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 15, 2016, 07:27 Redmask

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 23:40:
This is incorrect. Only Shadowplay allows you to use integral hardware in your GPU for recording that has a drastically smaller performance impact than any other recording software out there. NvENC (their hardware x264 encoder) is the only portion that other recording software can use, but the greatest performance gains come from NvFBC and NvIFR, which are not available in anything besides this program, that now requires a login and cannot be used offline to record gameplay after this update. It's ridiculous.

Oh please, you had to try really hard to summon up that outrage and consult wikipedia about encoders. Who fucking cares. You can still get drivers for your card, shadowplay is fucking optional shit and machines are incredibly powerful these days, you will do just fine having 2 frames per second less in performance because you used OBS instead of Shadowplay.

No one is making anyone login, if you want optional features that took them money and time to develop then you can use a throwaway fucking email and do it. Yet again not seeing the forest for the trees, go look at the data collection policies in GeForce Experience, that's some shit that actually matters.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

49. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 15, 2016, 07:23 Redmask

Vall Forran wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 00:16:
So, what'd I miss?

Literally fucking nothing of consequence, a meaningless internet argument over nothing.

53. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2016, 20:45 Redmask

Enahs wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 20:02:
get a Windows Phone.

Don't do this, its a dead platform and there are far better phones on the market. At least wait for their retarded Surface Phone thing that no one will buy.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 14, 2016, 20:14 Redmask

You don't need to login to get drivers, all of the drivers are still available right on the Nvidia website. You have to login to use GeForce Experience which has a bunch of value added features like Shadowplay, auto-updating and game optimizations. It's a completely optional experience that you can ignore, there are better options for everything in the software on the third party market.

Who the fuck doesn't have a throwaway email in this day and age by the way? What people should really be concerned about is the data collection in Geforce Experience, they do a lot of it. I guess that's less important than someone knowing a fucking email address though!

44. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2016, 07:56 Redmask

He thinks its like ET because he wears socks on his hands and hangs out all day at the rec center scaring people. It's not a fucking mystery that requires discourse. The ARK expansion is somehow at the top of the Steam list despite being a piece of shit rip off and Deus Ex is 7th but we should talk more about kxmode's neurosis because that's fucking important. Who fucking cares.  

News Comments > Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard

3. Re: Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard Sep 12, 2016, 22:10 Redmask

I never really liked his writing but he had a big impact on the gaming community as a whole so congrats and enjoy your retirement.  

39. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 12, 2016, 22:09 Redmask

Squirmer wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 00:05:
Sounds pretty unambitious for a DX game. They usually have you deciding the fate of the world.

That's not really a problem for me, most games have you as some muscle necked beef slab who has to decide the fate of the world. I'm ok with just investigating a terrorist attack instead.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?

128. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 9, 2016, 06:11 Redmask

dsmart wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 20:46:
You guys are hilarious. Here's the thing, I'll still be beautiful in the morning; but Star Citizen - which is never coming out - will still be shit and a massive scam. And you all will still be salty.

Me? I just keep on making games.

More like you'll just keep on threatening to sue people, get involved in stupid dramas, make shitty games that no one plays and be laughed at forever.

119. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 8, 2016, 19:12 Redmask

Verno wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 13:26:
We have dozens of members who have been part of industry projects far more successful and lucrative. I don't know if redmask is one of them but the assumption that everyone is just a user who don't understand the design process is flawed IMO. Credibility is earned in my books, not given. Someone just being in the industry for a long time doesn't really demonstrate any special aptitude or wisdom, especially when most of what they have to show for it is online tirades.

Chris Roberts could do nothing for the rest of his life and he's still contributed far more than Derek smart. He's not above criticism but I certainly give him far more credibility and if he delivers even 1/10th the game hes promised it will still be a far better product than smart has ever promised, let alone delivered.

Derek Smart is at best a failed designer who clings to internet drama to promote his own products that cannot attract attention any other way. It is really that simple. Chris Roberts has many flaws but hes made actual games, not the modern equivalent of "100 games on a disk!" crap that people used to toss in the bin. Before someone says oh golly don't pick on poor Derek, remember that he is a comically ineffective cyber bully, having threatened both the press and multiple websites with lawsuits. That's in addition to him fucking around making shit up about this game to drum up interest in his shitty games that no one cares about. So yeah, he gets no understanding.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2016, 19:52.

News Comments > ARK Expansion Follow-up

26. Re: ARK Expansion Follow-up Sep 7, 2016, 07:39 Redmask

Angrius Maximis wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 18:52:
Pay 60 bucks for unfinished piece of shit game No Mans Sky people throw their money at it

Pay 20 bucks for a DLC for a game with 13x the content of NMS and people go ape shit. Gamers are idiots

No, you're an idiot because you think this has anything to do with No Man's Sky.

88. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 7, 2016, 07:33 Redmask

Bundy, he's latched onto Star Citizen because its a hot topic in the gaming community and the only way he will get any attention. Everyone should just stop feeding the beast. He's upset that no one cares about his own projects due to continually failing to bring them to a meaningful conclusion and due to his own drama bombs. As a result hes a joke in the industry and knows it. He doesn't have anything of substance to offer on this subject, all of his predictions have been incredibly vague or outright incorrect and he's obviously jealous at others success. It is so transparent it would be pitiable if he wasn't so obnoxious about it.

Star Citizen might not amount to much of anything but it won't be because a forgotten laughingstock of the industry said anything about it.

News Comments > Op Ed

39. Re: What ever happened to Shareware? Sep 5, 2016, 09:03 Redmask

Bub wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 07:58:
I guess that's what happens from when you move from making games because you love them and want them to be great to moving to corporate 'lets only market to the masses' mindset, forget enthusiasts, lets just rope in as many clods as we can.

Not surprised to see this from an Axis re-reg. I'm sure you go to work every day and give away the fruits of your labor too. What a fuckin ridiculous argument. They gave away pieces of the level because the shareware market was the only way to get people to buy them, not because they wanted to. I guess you've conveniently forgot about all of the piracy from back then too.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits

12. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 4, 2016, 07:01 Redmask

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 01:53:
wtf_man wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 00:32:
All it takes is the CPU manufactures to quit making chipset drivers that will work with older OS's, and that's all she wrote.

And that has always happened, now are they stopping it earlier than usual?

Can you say its earlier than usual? Windows 7 is 7+ years old. I think that's a pretty good run in terms of drivers. Besides you can bet they will release drivers if they have enterprise customers who rely on it.

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour

26. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 4, 2016, 06:59 Redmask

Luke wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 05:20:
Well don't ya all Book

Make sense or stop posting, you are fucking annoying.

News Comments > ARK Expansion

23. Re: ARK Expansion Sep 3, 2016, 08:55 Redmask

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 12:02:
Redmask wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 07:39:
This is fucking bullshit of the highest order and these devs should be shunned by the community.

They are on Steam.

OK?

Thanks for that useless bit of already acquired knowledge.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2016, 08:37 Redmask

Marketing is marketing and cannot be trusted, whether it comes from a billboard or the mouth of a "professional". Your wallet is your responsibility, theirs is separating you from your money. How you came to adulthood without learning this lesson is beyond me but at least you seem to be getting it now. If I see you in another topic about broken dev promises though its gonna be both barrels junior  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2016, 07:51 Redmask

Kxmode wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 12:30:
Steam Clamps Down On 'No Man's Sky' Refunds

I think Valve's cherry-picking of individuals for refunds who do not qualify for them based on rules they created is an unfair business practice. Those rules exist and should be applied equally to everyone. If they are not going to follow them to the letter, and in particular on a game like No Man's Sky, they should then just abolish them altogether and go on a case-by-case basis. This practice is what they do now. They should simply make it an official thing.

I think that you should stop purchasing games before they have been reviewed by at least 20 publications. Both you and this forum will be a lot happier as a result. Seriously just hide your wallet from yourself if you can't exercise willpower to purchase things sight unseen.

This is not a facetious post, you seem to legitimately have a problem with this and continue repeating past mistakes. Stop preordering, buying and/or funding games before they are released. Wait until games come out and get reviewed, problem solved. This will have the added benefit of not turning you into a cynical shell after being burned for hundreds or thousands of dollars.

News Comments > ARK Expansion

17. Re: ARK Expansion Sep 2, 2016, 07:39 Redmask

This is fucking bullshit of the highest order and these devs should be shunned by the community.  

3356 Comments. 168 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >