Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 3008 (Veteran)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
6. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Nov 28, 2016, 22:50 Redmask

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 22:15:
Folding@home still broken, OBS still broken, many are reporting performance drops in BF1, and myself, a $1,000 1080 owner, is wondering why I wasted my money.

I've read one guy on the Battlefield forums and 2 on reddit. Where are you getting many from? I'm running it right now with Battlefield 1 and its the same as the best previous revision for me on the 4 maps I've tested, within the margin of error. I'm talking the maps with performance problems too like Empires Edge Conquest.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live
9. Re: No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live Nov 27, 2016, 15:12 Redmask

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 14:50:
Now that the game is out of Early Access, do you think that it will have any pre-order bonuses?

The best part is where he says "... the players that invested in us" as if he was running a Kickstarter the whole time and not selling a AAA product for $60.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
54. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 27, 2016, 09:55 Redmask

When someone says "bla bla bla" that tells me they have nothing to offer on a subject. The continued insults are pointless because I just keep focusing on what you said and that cuts through everything else. Perhaps you should examine your own ignorance on this subject. I'm not the one who thinks that they can put the entire country in employ with Amazon to solve unemployment and job quality problems. I'm not the one who dismisses people as all lazy and offers up a mailroom anecdote on the internet as proof. Sometimes problems are a little more complex than personal anecdotes can solve.

Most people are hard working and just want the ability to raise a family. Sure there are some lazy fucks out there but they are not the majority of society like you claim. A lot of people are working multiple jobs with a shitload of school debt and barely getting by. They've done everything they were supposed to do. They went to school, they got an education, they entered the job market and there is nowhere "up" to go for many of them. The kinds of jobs offering stability and a decent income are hard to come by now thanks to shitheads like Bill Clinton.

Have a little empathy for your fellow man. Most of them work just as hard if not harder than you and aren't being adequately compensated for it. Many of them will never have your opportunities due to circumstances beyond their control. That's the hope that we offer people in America, that anyone can make it with enough hard work. Once upon a time that was really close to true but not anymore.

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
32. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 27, 2016, 09:25 Redmask

Some of you just leave me shaking my head. Hello Games is basically damned any way they go. If they had abandoned the game and started on something else, you guys would have blasted them for it even though that's pretty much what some of you recommend. But they're sticking with NMS and are trying to make it a better game. And yet, they're called out for it?! You just can't be happy with anything! It's was a botched launch. Fine. We get it. I paid $60 (which would have been better used fixing the transmission in my car) just like the rest of you. But I think them working on it, quietly, is exactly what they needed to do, because obviously, had they stayed public, it would have been just a ball-breaking toxic stew hurled at them constantly. And how many would have said then, 'just shut up and fix the game'?! Now, they did that and it's still not good enough.

They didn't fix anything, they're adding totally unrelated features while still not implementing all of the shit they lied about. This doesn't help solve any of the games problems. If they were serious about this they would go back and start trying to actually implement and flesh out the things that they conned the public about.

It is still going to be a boring, unfinished piece of trash even with a base building mechanic. In fact even more so because building bases make no sense at all in a game where you get bored and leave a planet after mining for 10 minutes.

20. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 26, 2016, 20:52 Redmask

1badmf wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 19:35:
sure there were a few misleading statements, but even if they were all true, it would still be a soulless piece of shit game. either way, it's exactly the game i thought it was going to be and i can't fathom how people ever expected otherwise.

You answer your own question then act mystified. There were many misleading statements which is how expectation got built which is why people are upset. No one expected a unique story for every planet or something, they wanted the features he said would be in the fucking game!

6. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 26, 2016, 12:50 Redmask

A base building mechanic in a game that is all about changing planets every 20 minutes? Well thought out guys. This won't fix the fact that the game is a boring, unfinished fucking mess. Sean Murray is a lying piece of crap and still hasn't made good on half of his promises but now hes talking about new features. El oh El.

What do you do in No Mans Sky? You upgrade inventory slots. It is the most tedious game imaginable. Every gameplay mechanic is poorly realized, every single one. Walking is slow. Your jet pack ability sucks and is limited. Your ship can't really be used properly for exploration. You never have enough space because the gameplay consists of mining shit so that you can upgrade inventory to mine more shit. There are not enough asset templates for the worlds and nowhere near enough for the wildlife. Space combat sucks. Suit combat is even worse. The game has enormous technical problems and flaws, not the least of which is pop in everywhere. Every single aspect of the game is shallow and tedious. It's like the designers are purposely trolling their audience.

There is no game. It fails completely as an exploration experience and utterly as a game. No Mans Sky is worth $10 at most and less if you want to send a message to devs about lying to the public. You can't patch this into something decent. It's a complete failure as a product, move on.

52. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 26, 2016, 08:50 Redmask

Retired wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 06:34:
But I DID LIVE IT!

You're not living it right now. You have no idea what people are going through, times have changed since you and I were working 2-3 jobs. Sure we earned our success but that doesn't mean we get to spit on everyone else. You called them all lazy and had the nerve to say its white privilege when you have no fucking clue. Don't act like it wasn't your big mouth that got you here. You want to offer shallow surface opinions from talk radio? Fine but don't expect that they won't be challenged.

oh good lord. I mentioned Amazon as it is the LARGEST employer in the area right BEGGING people to work, now with 3 warehouses, has billboards (just saw they upped it to $17 an hour), hire on the spot, with benefits. (they are desperate right now - pulled an Amazon driver over a few weeks ago driving wrong way on the highway and she said she worked there for 4 months but has not had a valid license for 10 months)

I can't believe you're continuing on with this and your big idea is based on a personal anecdote. Ok let's see here. Amazon is hiring temps for Christmas. It hires and fires thousands of workers this way every year. I shouldn't even have to say this but apparently it isn't obvious so: the entire country can't work at Amazon. The entire country can't move to Minnesota either.

Hard work and opportunity are two different things. Many people are forced into hardship through no fault of their own and opportunities to work out of it are seldom. That's what people want, they want opportunity. They're willing to work their way up through the mail room but many of them can't get hired there because its in fucking China now and the company barely hires American workers. They aren't asking for handouts and don't worry, no one is going near your wallet since I suspect that's your real fear. So before you start throwing around accusations about white privilege and laziness, maybe try exercising a little thought and a little empathy about the subject instead of making sweeping generalizations you heard on talk radio.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 25, 2016, 23:48 Redmask

Or perhaps its the ridiculously bloated release calendar and the console market attempting to drop mid generation upgrades on people.  

49. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 25, 2016, 23:12 Redmask

Retired wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 07:23:
eh, if I lost my job today I could get 5-10 jobs. I have so many friends who own businesses that can't get people to work. Amazon added 3 warehouses here in Minneapolis area and are begging people to work.

Easy to say, another thing to live it. You've been living in the cushy union world for a long time by your own admission, you have no fucking idea what other people are going through right now. Feel free to put your money where your mouth is and go work at an Amazon warehouse. Yeah I didn't think so.

Tired of this nanny shit. Work hard it will pay off. Bitch and cry and sit on your thumb and get nothing.

No one asked you to be fucking nanny of anything, you're the one acting like a jerk with no compassion to the downtrodden. What precious wisdom you offer them like JUST WERK HARD, I bet no one thought of that. It's ok guys, everyone can just work at Amazon warehouses hes got it all figured out.

33. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 24, 2016, 07:38 Redmask

Retired wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 04:33:
There are soooooo many jobs available right now with a living and sustainable wage. Lazy people just don't want to work.

Says the guy working for the government with one of the few union jobs left protecting his ass. I've never seen a more "fuck you, got mine" post before, talk about ignorant. Go out there and find one right now in this fucking job market then you get to talk about how other people are lazy. Plenty of fucking work in fast food, not exactly a ton of jobs with benefits and good pay to support a family. People don't have time machines to go back and cherry pick the careers that others simply got lucky with.

I got very lucky with my career choice so unlike you I'm not going to sit here and lecture other people about theirs. Your idiotic bootstraps argument is talk radio bullshit. Plenty of hard workers out there, that doesn't mean they have the education or training to do a job in a high paying field. That shit takes time and money, they can't just flip a switch and change careers because theirs was outmoded by Bill fucking Clinton.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2016, 07:47.

News Comments > Tyranny Released
17. Re: Tyranny Released Nov 11, 2016, 07:55 Redmask

This game is 'short' but it's a reasonable length without padding and has a fair amount of replay value. The average RPG is only about 30 hours of story content if you remove all of the travel time and padding anyway.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Nov 11, 2016, 07:46 Redmask

There was no ad hom, you made a really poorly thought out comment and it was deconstructed by myself and another poster. You falsely assumed that the game was just 25 hours and that it had no replay value. You also seemed to correlate quantity with quality which couldn't be further from the truth. People aren't going to coddle your shitty posting, if you want to be treated better then post better, no one owes you anything.

'Guys this game seems short based on a review, can anyone comment on the length and replay value?'

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2016, 07:54.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
169. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 11, 2016, 07:41 Redmask

nin wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 23:43:
Don't forget Christie! Gotta fit fattyfattybridgeboy in there somewhere!

It would be great if we didn't sink to their level, this is in really bad taste. Rise above, don't sink below.

This is just scratching the surface. So yeah, you could say that I think anyone voting for the guy based on his plans is crazy or illiterate, or both.

Those 'crazy' people just won the house, senate and presidency. Maybe we could stand to listen a little more.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 10, 2016, 19:00 Redmask

That is incredibly short sighted and the sort of attitude that has led to the industry padding the shit out of its games in the name of playtime.

As long as they can allow me to develop my character and the story to a point where I feel I was really entertained then I don't give a fuck if its 25 hours long or not. Some of us have jobs, kids and wives to worry about. If you want to grind out 200 hours of repetitive shit there's always some dippy JRPG or Skyrim Radiant AI quests to burn through. Have fun.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 18:54 Redmask

Kxmode wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 15:27:
Even though Blizzard was mute on legacy servers; it is going to happen anyhow! Nostalrius and Elysium have pledged to ignore any legal shutdown requests from Blizzard. The host likely will too.

You are incredibly naive if you think people are going to ignore the lawyers and risk their livelihood because you can't let get go of nostalgia.

Instead of gloating you should be trying to fly under the radar but oh well, enjoy grinding and relogging after numerous crashes with broken raid bosses for a few months.

108. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 22:25 Redmask

The only decent Op Ed I've seen from my own party. Burn down the Democratic party and start over. Fucking great shit there. Populist views, no Clinton era bullshit global trade deals, let's start over at the roots. It's the perfect time, the old guard is all retiring by choice (Biden) or by force (Clinton). Stop moaning and lets do this shit.  

102. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 21:49 Redmask

NKD wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 18:33:
This rancid cheetoh won fair and square because the majority of Americans are selfish, racist, and generally just bad human beings who are great at making self-defeating decisions. Net neutrality is dead. Roe v Wade is dead. Any hopes for real steps towards universal healthcare are dead. The war on drugs is alive and well.

And the most serious issue of our time, climate change, well, Trump doesn't believe it exists.

What's that saying again?

Democracy is great as long as my guy wins.

The doom and gloom is pointless. There is a way forward and it's recognizing the mistakes made. The smug, snobby attitudes from the far left will not help us govern in the future. I did what I could, I volunteered for Sanders and we were shouted down by our own party about Clinton who never had a chance. I saw it from many of you here even. If you really care about these issues stop talking about embarrassment and casting blame elsewhere, look at yourselves. We can win next time if we stop feeling sorry for ourselves, look at reasons instead of saying "fuckin racist hicks!" and cryabout how unfair the world is.

Canadians are not as warm and cheery as the rest of the world likes to think they are

Canadians elected a fucking drama teacher with a selfie stick so I'm getting a little tired of their "empathy" about our candidates.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2016, 21:57.

93. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 07:01 Redmask

This is a great day to buy stock, markets will go crazy on peoples idiotic uncertainty. Just buy and hold.

91. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 06:20 Redmask

People didn't really elect Trump as much as they rejected Clinton and many of us have been pointing out why for awhile now, just some didn't want to hear anything negative about the 'heir apparent'. This is fantastic though because at least they're going to have the House, Senate and Presidency so maybe something will finally get done, even if it isn't exactly what I want.

As I said many times, should've been Sanders. Fucking Clinton /sigh

48. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 8, 2016, 18:15 Redmask

descender wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 17:40:
People have died to protect your rights, go out and fucking exercise them and show some respect for those people. Don't play the idealist coward hiding behind the corruption of the system. Make change, don't wish for it.

Part of the problem right here, not the solution. People died defending his right to make up his own fucking mind on the matter. You're not going to convince him to vote for Hillary by calling him a coward but I'm sure that little speech made you feel warm and fuzzy for a bit.

3008 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo