Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 2967 (Senior)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
35. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 26, 2016, 07:55 Redmask

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 00:01:
Zanthar wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 21:14:
I hope Hillary has a seizure on stage. Foaming at the mouth, shitting and pissing her pants suit, eyes going all wacky. Now that would be entertainment.

Well in the pursuit of even-handedness, I suppose that would balance out the walking national embarrassment across the stage from her.

Bill is in the audience, not across the stage.

Jester

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
136. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 25, 2016, 12:12 Redmask

I think it's more likely they just aren't interested in high school debate club on an internet forum where every sentence is dissected and replies get stupidly long. It's also the weekend and people have stuff to do, perhaps give it longer than a day before you declare victory. No, I'm not a "110% Trump supporter" before someone goes there but feel free to paint with that brush just because I don't like the Democratic candidate either. On that note I'm off to play Witcher 2, I'll check back later to type something up for Scottish Martial Arts who had some great responses.  

123. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 25, 2016, 01:00 Redmask

But instead, we get them supporting a narcissistic imbecile with a child-like temperament, who happens to also be a pathological liar. And no, most are not doing it because they want to burn it down. These people really believe the bullshit that comes out of his mouth.

That could describe either candidate at this point. You dismiss people out of hand but forget that sort of casual dismissal is what allowed Trump to get this far. He has tapped into something here and its not just 'stupid people'. I do not dare ignore it when you look at his approval ratings shooting up in battleground states with well educated voters.

I don't really know how to respond to people who truly would prefer to see the country burn than elect Clinton. I think those people have seriously misdirected their outrage-fueled efforts and I just hope they don't get their wish.

The country burn? No, probably just the state of affairs in Washington is what they're wishing to burn. It doesn't really matter though, even if elected Trump's caustic dealings will render him a lame duck in office, unable to accomplish anything. People scared about him ending the world are just being overly dramatic, Washington has tamed much fiercer men and the President is constrained in numerous ways from doing whatever he wants. The wasted time with Trump is what worries me more but I would almost welcome it as it would essentially destroy the Republican party which is a god damn mess. We could even get three viable parties out of it.

Clinton promises more of the same which in a way is almost worse. She stands for nothing that she won't change her mind on whenever convenient and is so openly in the pocket of corporate interests that its amazing people still consider her a Democrat.

Fucking depressing election. Alas poor Bernie. The candidate we deserved but will never get.

120. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 25, 2016, 00:09 Redmask

Saboth wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 16:59:
It's like saying you are really tired of boring old water, so you are going with raw sewage.

No, it's like saying you've got a choice between sewage and sewage. Clinton is a fucking train wreck with approvals nearing Trump and no one cares about her bonafides because they don't trust her. You vastly underestimate just how tired people are of Washington and the status quo. They would rather burn it all to the ground with Trump than see Clinton elected. We're staring into the darkness here and we deserve it. Clinton and Trump never should've made it this far.

Damn you for giving in Bernie.

74. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 24, 2016, 11:00 Redmask

Julian Delphiki wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 10:25:
Sure, free stuff for everyone sounds great until the economy collapses. When you come up with a way to pay for it that doesn't involve demonizing the successful and taking all of their money (until they move somewhere else, because they are the most mobile class after all) I'll be all ears. Until then, maybe we should focus on economic plans that actually grow the economy instead of re-distributing the wealth earned. After all, motivation and opportunity are the two most important factors to being successful. If you have no motivation (because why bother when you make the same no matter how well you perform or what you do for a living) then you will see absolutely zero upward movement.

Oh boy another bootstraps pulling argument. Sanders platform wasn't free stuff and robbing the rich, really disturbing that was the takeaway from it. Sanders wanted to raise the minimum wage and gradually start balancing out the wealth inequality. It's been shown time and time again throughout history that massive wealth inequality is bad for economies, not just for the people at the bottom but for the middle class and what affects those two classes inevitably will hurt the rich. He wants students to be able to enter the economy without a massive anchor tied around their legs, much like many other countries with public funding for education. This doesn't mean robbing the rich to pay the poor, far from it. To say that we can't afford these things is asinine when you look at our mil spend in a single year. We need to re-examine what we're doing with existing revenue and re-distribute that before new taxation takes place. That will never change without a candidate like Sanders who was willing to buck corporate backers on issues where it matters.

I shouldn't waste more time on this though, we'll never get Sanders because Hillary Clinton is a career politician who decided its her turn. So don't worry you'll probably get your wish and we'll have another 8 years of corporations further eroding our democracy under the guise of hard work and boot strapping.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2016, 08:44 Redmask

jdreyer wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 14:13:
What? A seven-year fly by night operation? Look, I watched Sean Murray in many, many interviews. Does he suffer a touch of the madness known as Molyneuxism? Yup, but he's also a pretty shy geeky guy more comfortable in front of the computer than the camera. You really got the idea he was building his dream game and thought others would be just as stoked. He was living in a bubble, and being fellated by IGN and Stephen Colbert didn't do anything to pop it.

I just think that the shit storm that rained down on them has forced them to batten down the hatches and just try to weather it. They'll come up for air with a patch in a couple of months. He'll need to do a mea culpa for sure, and prostrate himself before The PC Master Race and beg forgiveness.

Have you played No Man's Sky? It is a colossal failure to be anything that he represented it as. I find the casual dismissal of his false advertising a bit ridiculous, why would you let him off the hook so easily? The game is fucking boring and tedious but that's not its worse sin. They intentionally limited the inventory space to make the player fuck around to pad it out. Why? To distract from the fact that most of the stuff he was talking about is not in the game at all or roughed in at best. Entire game sub systems, mechanics he references in interviews that are not in game code at all and even made up physics systems.

If we're going to give Ubisoft shit for the same thing then Sean Murray can eat a dick too, he did far worse.

63. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated] Sep 24, 2016, 08:38 Redmask

I don't like "The Donald" but given the choices here people don't have much to work with. Clinton represents even more years of the same political malaise, corruption and financial deregulation that people often blame the republicans for. No fucking thank you, between the pair of them I'm not sure there's one human heart that can relate to you or I. You can't even say Clinton stands for anything, shes all over the place on her voting record and has been involved in numerous scandals. "The Donald" stands for Not Clinton which is enough for many people.

It is a real shame we did not get Sanders, it's a fucking depressing state of affairs.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
12. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Sep 22, 2016, 07:36 Redmask

LittleMe wrote on Sep 21, 2016, 22:39:
GFE 3.0 makes you nvidia's bitch by auditing your PC and they profit by selling the audit to marketers, etc.. It tracks you, audits you, profits off your private information and if you decline their invasive creepiness it disables all game recording and other features advertised on the box.

THEY'RE AUDITING US WITH BLACK HELICOPTERS. No. GFE 3.0 requires an account registration. That's the difference. GFE 2.0 had all of the same policies and data collection but go ahead and use it while believing you are safe. You can also just download a vanilla driver from the GeForce website and not use GFE at all, it's entirely optional software that is not needed to use a videocard to play fucking games.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 20, 2016, 20:16 Redmask

What a fucking idiotic argument. It isn't just a phone anymore. People are buying a hand held computer. It performs a ton of different functionality and effectively replaces much more expensive devices across a wide spectrum of activities for many people. Just the communication features (phone, email, apps, etc) alone are worth the asking price unless you no have friends or colleagues which wouldn't surprise me at all. It's also a camera, a collection of maps, an awesome GPS, it can play games, it can cast media to other devices or even play it natively and so much fucking more.

All of this you would know if you weren't so dumb as to actually believe that simply having a legacy device makes you thrifty or smart. You paid $200 for a piece of shit that does nothing well, newsflash brainiac you're the one who overpaid in this situation.

Don't want a smart phone? Fine don't get one, no one gives a fuck. But don't you dare sit there and lecture other people about their choices when you have no fucking clue about the subject.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2016, 20:21.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2016, 22:47 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 14:01:
I smoked off an on for 20 years. I quit cold turkey 5 years ago and haven't smoked since. And at points when I was young and broke it was never a question of priorities. It's called willpower. Life's about choices. Sometimes I must say no to my desires in order to know I'm truly free.

You know, it's funny. Whenever I'm downtown I see the people lined up for the food bank they're all smoking. So they can afford $15 for a pack a day but not food? Yeah. Ok.

I'm sure you camped out there all day and took a fucking census, you lying sack of hot air. I guess your anecdote just means that everyone who visits a food bank is a smoker, after all you saw some people sometime doing it. We don't need food banks anymore guys, cutter wanted to share some of the worlds most obvious 'wisdom' so he made some shit up to support his point which completely backfired as usual.

If you have such amazing willpower do us all a favor and quit this place cold turkey.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 18, 2016, 09:17 Redmask

That's a bunch of vague bullshit with little relation to what the article was saying but thanks anyways axis.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2016, 22:28 Redmask

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 16:29:
Right -- transmission is a huge problem. But let us ignore all that stuff for now... If it was feasible to cover most of Nevada or Arizona in solar panels, would the power produced approach the national usage or not?

I got tired of waiting for either of them to reply so I did the math myself. You would actually need several times the national usage to account for power during cloudy days and to take into account interruptions in supply. In fact even higher when you take into account distribution loss over distance. So no, the area from that blog posted would not suffice.

If someone covered all of Arizona in solar panels they would be the worlds worst leader, having spent trillions of dollars on questionable infrastructure that is an incredibly easy target for enemies and would effectively disable the entire country.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Free DLC
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Free DLC Sep 15, 2016, 07:30 Redmask

This kind of thing just makes it less likely I would buy their DLC in the future. Glad I didn't get the season pass.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
18. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 15, 2016, 07:27 Redmask

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 23:40:
This is incorrect. Only Shadowplay allows you to use integral hardware in your GPU for recording that has a drastically smaller performance impact than any other recording software out there. NvENC (their hardware x264 encoder) is the only portion that other recording software can use, but the greatest performance gains come from NvFBC and NvIFR, which are not available in anything besides this program, that now requires a login and cannot be used offline to record gameplay after this update. It's ridiculous.

Oh please, you had to try really hard to summon up that outrage and consult wikipedia about encoders. Who fucking cares. You can still get drivers for your card, shadowplay is fucking optional shit and machines are incredibly powerful these days, you will do just fine having 2 frames per second less in performance because you used OBS instead of Shadowplay.

No one is making anyone login, if you want optional features that took them money and time to develop then you can use a throwaway fucking email and do it. Yet again not seeing the forest for the trees, go look at the data collection policies in GeForce Experience, that's some shit that actually matters.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
49. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 15, 2016, 07:23 Redmask

Vall Forran wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 00:16:
So, what'd I miss?

Literally fucking nothing of consequence, a meaningless internet argument over nothing.

53. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2016, 20:45 Redmask

Enahs wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 20:02:
get a Windows Phone.

Don't do this, its a dead platform and there are far better phones on the market. At least wait for their retarded Surface Phone thing that no one will buy.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 14, 2016, 20:14 Redmask

You don't need to login to get drivers, all of the drivers are still available right on the Nvidia website. You have to login to use GeForce Experience which has a bunch of value added features like Shadowplay, auto-updating and game optimizations. It's a completely optional experience that you can ignore, there are better options for everything in the software on the third party market.

Who the fuck doesn't have a throwaway email in this day and age by the way? What people should really be concerned about is the data collection in Geforce Experience, they do a lot of it. I guess that's less important than someone knowing a fucking email address though!

44. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2016, 07:56 Redmask

He thinks its like ET because he wears socks on his hands and hangs out all day at the rec center scaring people. It's not a fucking mystery that requires discourse. The ARK expansion is somehow at the top of the Steam list despite being a piece of shit rip off and Deus Ex is 7th but we should talk more about kxmode's neurosis because that's fucking important. Who fucking cares.  

News Comments > Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard
3. Re: Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard Sep 12, 2016, 22:10 Redmask

I never really liked his writing but he had a big impact on the gaming community as a whole so congrats and enjoy your retirement.  

39. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 12, 2016, 22:09 Redmask

Squirmer wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 00:05:
Sounds pretty unambitious for a DX game. They usually have you deciding the fate of the world.

That's not really a problem for me, most games have you as some muscle necked beef slab who has to decide the fate of the world. I'm ok with just investigating a terrorist attack instead.

2967 Comments. 149 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo