Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 3069 (Veteran)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
55. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 16:50 Redmask

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 13:20:
As a Canadian,

I love the hate for this presidential election.

I foresee dark times, economically, for us Canadians.

We'll see what happens but I'm predicting a good crash of the loonie to 60 cents on the dollar and our housing market starting to plummet unless foreign investors scoop it up.

Canada elected an empty head drama teacher because he takes selfies and goes caving shirtless. Oh wait, he said the word hope a lot and told everyone they could have everything they ever wanted, budgets be damned. So pipe the hell down about Trump, as if Canada has done any better.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Jan 20, 2017, 08:08 Redmask

lol if you believe any of Cutters stories. At various times hes claimed to have met and drank with half of Hollywood, both american and canadian politicians and traveled to see 3/4 of the world. All while continually trolling this website every day for years non-stop.  

News Comments > NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins
42. Re: NVIDIA on GFE Mandatory Logins Jan 18, 2017, 23:06 Redmask

You're going to keep buying Nvidia products because they make the best performers and no one really cares about making a fucking login, its just online whining.

Of all the things Nvidia has done over the years, this is what people choose to care about. Fucking hilarious.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
16. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 18, 2017, 06:12 Redmask

Darks wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 22:01:
These people committed treason, do you have any fucking clue what that is or what that means??

Ok Captain Treason. If you believe so strongly in the laws of the country then you should also believe strongly in the presidents powers to revoke or commute sentences of criminals who have admitted their wrongdoing and paid for their crimes as well. You can't have one without the other, either you believe or you don't.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 17, 2017, 21:48 Redmask

As predicted that shitty pirated WOW server goes boom.

The newer pirated server is next.

Tears of kxmode.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 17, 2017, 08:10 Redmask

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 02:00:
The launch lineup isnt as strong as say the SNES was, but it is still impressive. I would pick up BotW and Bomberman out of that group, personally.

Digital foundry did a hands-on with the Switch yesterday and it seemed overall favorable. It's basically $300 for Nintendo's latest handheld system, with the ability to dock it to a television, and the added benefit of having all production teams who used to be spread out between the gameboy and the home consoles, finally working together on a single platform.

DF video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0lyvgeJJw0

Except Nintendo has already come out and said they don't want to merge platforms. They are keeping the 3DS going and are refusing to port mobile features like StreetPass to the Switch. It's obvious the Switch is mobile first yet Nintendo won't commit due to fear of the Switch bombing and fucking up their sole revenue source, other than insurance lol google it seriously.

Even if you consider a handheld Nintendo handhelds have not units when overpriced and $300 is overpriced for a handheld, that market will not pay those prices. People seem to forget the 3DS struggled until they dropped the price and brought out some games.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
64. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 15, 2017, 09:45 Redmask

MattyC wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 16:43:
Um, the 3DS has something like > 60 million units sold. Is that as much as the DS? No, but that is plenty respectable. Also the only real holiday markdown solid out before it was even suppose to be on sale.

I know, I wouldn't mind having one for a sale price, but it just never really happens...

Retailers mark it down all the time to shift units, it sits on shelves at $199. Pay more attention or use a price tracker. The 3DS was successful but again the portable market is on the decline thanks to smartphones and that trend is only worsening. There isn't even room in the market for 2 portables anymore. Do you see the Switch moving 60m units?

60. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 14, 2017, 14:11 Redmask

The hits keep on coming from Big N.

Voice chat is a fucking smartphone app. Hey guys, we know we can use the phone to talk to other people!

They have confirmed with a straight fucking face that they are charging online fees for their dumpster fire online services. The only benefit is a NES & SNES game every month that you have to pay to keep after that month. Get fucked!

Reg has a shitty job trying to answer these things from the press while pretending that Nintendo isn't the most outdated fucking company in the universe.

58. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 14, 2017, 09:48 Redmask

Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 06:26:
Yes I saw the linked image. I found it interesting, but I also noted that it didn't seem to include consoles from the handheld market. I mention this because if you analyze the advertising the amount of time the Switch is shown docked versus how much it is shown as a mobile device one could make the argument that Nintendo is marketing the device as a handheld first. Given the gaming environment in Nintendo's homeland Japan, where the trend is heavily weighted towards mobile gaming, that would seem fair.

Most people don't realize that Nintendo of America is a shell. It has little autonomy and is tightly controlled by Nintendo of Japan. Nintendo of America is basically a marketing affiliate. Very few games are made through NOA and its essentially a drop ship fucking arrangement with some sales people. Given how backwards Japanese corporate culture is and the number of old timers who still inhabit the board, its no surprise that they only give a shit about Japanese things even though sales from the rest of the world are buoying the company. That's just how its done in many companies in Japan still. Some companies are getting more progressive recently like Square-Enix but Nintendo is still doing the same shit and just having NOA market it better.

Nintendo is a company where with the Wii U, developers asked for API access to online functions. Nintendo literally didn't understand what they were talking about because they had never used fucking PSN or XBL. That's how fucking disconnected from reality Nintendo is. Put that into perspective, this is the company that's going to charge cash for online multiplayer. Well at least we know they'll have one customer from this thread.

57. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 14, 2017, 09:29 Redmask

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 02:09:
Just saw this posted on Reddit, a ranking of the cheapest console releases of all time when adjusted for inflation: http://i.imgur.com/DFAEXzU.png

No one cares what the inflation adjusted numbers are. They care about the value proposition of what they're paying for today. You get a lot more for your money buying a PS4 and the portable market was already on the decline anyway. The 3DS isn't putting up numbers anywhere near the DS and that's with frequent markdowns major holidays to drive sales.

This will do alright because they'll probably cannibalize what little life is left in the portable market but it's not going to be a Wii, more likely another Wii U.

Our little internet contrarian spammer would have us be thankful to get a console that has less storage space total than some single game I've installed recently, something that runs 720p games with 2-3 hours of battery life.

Go see the milking game picture, its very appropriate!

46. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 14, 2017, 00:48 Redmask

By the way no one wants fucking motion controls, fuck off with that shit. Theres a reason the Wii ended up in everyones fucking closet. The whole industry moved on already, its relegated to serving VR efforts at best. Jesus christ Miyamoto and Aonuma, let it die already.  

44. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 14, 2017, 00:24 Redmask

The Nintendo Switch at its finest ladies and gents.

Just a fucking train wreck, there's no defending that shit. Heavily overpriced. Needs a ton of peripherals. No fucking games included, what few they could even muster at launch. Charging for bullshit online functionality that they will half ass. An instant game collection clone with expiring games? 32GB of space is shit all right now, let alone in 3 years. 2-3 hour battery life? What a bad joke. Fuck right off Nintendo. They absorbed nothing from the failures of the Wii U. This is a redo on the Wii U and not even a good one. I hope they kill off the 3DS because otherwise this thing is fucked.

I like Nintendo because they usually TRY but this is fucking bullshit that the market already largely rejected. Nintendo you are so fucking dumb, eject your retarded old board and get some new blood please. Japanese corporate culture is so stupid, you've got 60 year olds making decisions when they only give a shit about the Japanese market and are totally out of touch with the rest of the world.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2017, 00:53.

News Comments > Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support
64. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 12, 2017, 21:56 Redmask

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 15:39:
Right. Like I don't upgrade Nvidia drivers day one, buy a game day one, I don't upgrade my O/S day one, in fact I've shut off automatic updates many years back and control them. Honestly I thought the PC know how at Blue's was way higher than it shows sometimes.

Turning off security and program updates doesn't show "know how" to me, it shows pretty much the opposite. Due to how quickly exploits are publicized and used, you pretty much can't wait for them anymore. That's ok though, I bet half of the supposed computer janitors here are probably in botnets and have no idea. Like when I see someone talking about how they don't trust the vendor of the operating system they are using every day, I know I can safely dismiss that person in my head. Or like when I used to read people saying they totally got better gaming performance by disabling all sorts of Launch on Demand services in Windows.

Don't trust Microsoft? Don't use their fucking operating system. You have no real control over it, no source code and no ability to change your destiny. They can do whatever the fuck they want at any time, you can do jack and shit about it. Mad about their decisions? Good, tell them about it with your wallet.

You won't though. You'll give some bullshit excuse about being held hostage because you can't live without games. None of this really matters to anyone, its just a bunch of whining. Things people care about, they will act on.

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 12, 2017, 07:58 Redmask

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 06:52:
Redmask wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 06:03:
Why should they stop trying exactly? How would that be better for you and I having less competition and innovation in the market?

Nintendo would first have to compete with the other two and actually innovate for that statement to be true.

I don't want Nintendo to make yet another x86 closed platform with a controller. I want them to make new and exciting shit. Sometimes they succeed, sometimes they fail. I would rather they tried than not. Go buy a PS4 or something, there are plenty of options for people who want a boring box that is exactly the same as the rest of them.

37. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 12, 2017, 07:55 Redmask

Luke wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 06:32:
Well winspy 10 sure got you where they want...disable screen , disable keyboard .....and so on but we got faster update , but sometimes they have problems ..what a DB ye are this POS not only can it WILL enable what ye turn off if it dont fit in there way..and you say NP ....well Clown

Sorry English as a fourth language, I can't parse whatever the fuck you're trying to say here. Try using your brain first, keyboard second.

36. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 12, 2017, 07:48 Redmask

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 06:18:
Well now that you asked the question? No. But at least on those older operating systems the update system can be disabled without resorting to third party software, firewalling the shit out of a list of ever changing Microsoft phone-home servers, and without fear that it will automatically switch itself on again at some point in the future.

Literally just disable the Windows Update service. You don't need any third party software. This works on any version of Windows. It's retarded because you're missing out on security updates but at least it solves your problem with a few updates being problematic in software development, not that like that doesn't happen everywhere.

The several times Android has pushed a bad update or had security problems or uh..spied on me, I don't just toss the phone in the bin.

31. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 12, 2017, 06:08 Redmask

KilrathiAce wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 03:13:
People comparing this bs from MS to nvidia or amd drivers need to realize that when it comes to lets say nvidia or amd drivers or software *YOU* have full power whether you install new and when. With windows 10 and its updates MS does not listen to customers and instead force the updates on you. THERE IS THE DIFFERENCE, dont compare this to regular patch issues with other software where you have the option and power of whether you install or wait to see if breaks anything for other users.

You can disable the Windows Update service if you mistrust Microsoft so much. But then why are you using their products at all?

Don't trust Microsoft enough to update Windows 10 but do trust them to update Windows XP or Windows 7? Makes no sense, total hypocrisy. They use a new update process and fired most of their old support people who vetted this stuff. We get faster updates now but sometimes they have problems. That's really the tradeoff people should be talking about.

If so many people here hate Microsoft and Windows there are other options, go ahead and use them. Or buy a console if the odd update causing an issue is such a big deal. This shit is a joke, one crappy Windows Update?! Hah I used to have to get my games sound config running by hand and deal with physical DRM. We've got it easy.

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 12, 2017, 06:03 Redmask

Why should they stop trying exactly? How would that be better for you and I having less competition and innovation in the market?  

News Comments > Scalebound Cancelled
9. Re: Scalebound Cancelled Jan 10, 2017, 06:39 Redmask

That's the fifth Microsoft exclusive cancelled this generation, well done guys.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 9, 2017, 07:59 Redmask

None of that matters unless they can match Intel on IPC, people will keep paying the premiums for performance.  

3069 Comments. 154 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo