Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 2920 (Senior)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
133. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 22:26 Redmask

I know it's tough to believe but every post on the forum isn't directed at you and doesn't require a personal response.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

86. Re: Windows 7 is FINE Jul 26, 2016, 16:43 Redmask

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 16:28:
Don't bother thinking about my knowledge, url based or otherwise.

I don't think you'll have that problem "Windows Secrets".

Preventing hacks is a matter of software and network programming, it's completely irrelevant to the argument of whether or not MS should have a monopoly over the PC marketplace, and only tangential to the real issues that PC gamers have with UWP.

PCs already have a HUGE esports scene that dwarfs anything on consoles, it doesn't need MS's "help" in this regard.

That's a fantastic rebuttal, well put.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 26, 2016, 16:29 Redmask

Simon Says wrote on Jul 25, 2016, 17:48:
NVM, just confirmed what CJ above says when I got access to my desktop... It was announced March 2014, a bit late considering that before that it wasn't on the roadmap while Volta was tho. So Paxwell was afterall a kind of planned at the last second, relatively speaking considering the long time ( obviously ), as you mentioned, that they must be in R&D and co. before going into production.

Edit: Note to the naysayers with "fanboy" dancing in their heads at the sight of the "Paxwell" moniker, changed my mind after seeing the numbers of the RX 480 VS GTX 1060 on old cpus. Gonna GO GREEN this time around seeing as my aging X3470, despite pulling stock clocked skylake i5-6400 perf at moderate overclocks in Sisoft Sandra GFLOPS tests ( and many various other benchmarks ), is still relatively slow compared to i7-6700k, especially in single thread.

Next time you can just simply say 'I was wrong'.

80. Re: Windows 7 is FINE Jul 26, 2016, 16:17 Redmask

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 13:55:
Feel free to take that up with who I quoted it from, Windows Secrets.
I'll take their opinion over a post in a gaming forum any day.

The fact that you'll accept a bunch of supposition based on a website URL without your own research or actual experience makes your opinion moot. Windows 10 could be the greatest thing since sliced bread or it could murder babies, you really have no clue but pretend to speak with authority.

Go boot it up in a VM and at least have some real knowledge of these things.

To the others, people cheat on consoles too. Sometimes they do it through a compromised OS like the situation with the PS3 and sometimes they do it with hardware modules like the XIM which lets people use unapproved peripheral devices. It's easier on the PC but consoles are not by any means secure unless you define it through obscurity alone.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
56. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 23:34 Redmask

The tweets were not photoshopped, there is no evidence to support that claim and in fact its quite the opposite if you look at her twitter history. It's simple hypocrisy and she shouldn't get a pass while someone else is banned for less. You can dislike this clown while also pointing out that bullshit and the defense of her is deplorable. She's a bad comedian and a poor actress that denigrates her own culture for money. There have been many great black artist pioneers, Leslie Jones is not one of them.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
13. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 19, 2016, 16:53 Redmask

Dentorro wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 16:17:
More graphics cards that will be nowhere to be found.

They were available right at launch. Demand has outstripped supply but you can setup a notification on nowinstock.net, they will be refreshed constantly. Unlike AMD there are even AIB boards available already.

News Comments > GeForce 10 DPC Latency Issue
19. Re: GeForce 10 DPC Latency Issue Jul 16, 2016, 06:48 Redmask

Nvidia has the entire market locked up. AMD doesn't exist at the high end and no Vega until 2017. Nvidia beat them to the low and mid range supremacy too. All AMD can do now is discount to bargain bin and hope for the best. Nvidia's gross margins are something ridiculous like 52%, I'm not sure AMD is even besting 5% anymore. It's a green world apparently and AMD can no longer be competitive with their reduced R&D and meager marketing budget. The Steam survey was pretty WTF worthy in terms of market share.

We need a real competitor back in this space to keep Nvidia honest.

News Comments > New AMD Crimson Drivers
32. Re: New AMD Crimson Drivers Jul 13, 2016, 05:58 Redmask

WaltC wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 18:09:
All this nonsense is really quite silly...;) I wouldn't own a nVidia GPU if you paid me to take it--unless I could sell it immediately afterwards--but that is neither here nor there, my friends..;)

AMD isn't competitive right now, you couldn't pay me to own their products. If you want to own inferior products because of nonsense team loyalties then that's up to you but I have actual standards. Actually I might consider owning one if I needed to heat my barn or felt like donating money to my local hydro company.

You wrote a giant bunch of crap that was basically "its ok if AMD sucks because this isn't their high end part". Sure we'll just wait for a mythical creature and ignore everything going on in the market right now just to make you feel better about how you spend your money. Do you think Nvidia doesn't have more in the pipeline? They had a knockout blow already waiting for the low and mid ranges. Their high end is already insanely impressive. They don't need to prove anything here. They are delivering quality products right now, priced because they have no competition. Sorry that this will crush your feelings but AMD is not competitive at the moment, that's why they're shooting for market share with bargain bin prices and hot/loud chips. Their process sucks, GloFo sucks, their R&D is terrible and they're in desperate need of reinvention.

Don't even get me started on their godawful CPUs, I bet even you don't have the balls to own one.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
43. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 11, 2016, 05:48 Redmask

christheshitter wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 03:27:
F*ck Windows 10. Most older games refuse to work with Windows 10 but works reasonable with Windows 7. I won't upgrading my second system to the shit turd that is Windows 10. Better to use one disk for each system instead so i can have the advantage of both.

There are many reasons to dislike Windows 10 but this is pure bullshit. Pretty much every game that runs on Windows 7 will run on Windows 10, compatibility was improved if anything.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2016, 05:44 Redmask

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 19:39:
Okay, someone walk me back from the edge. Been out of WoW for five years this October, and I'm thinking of getting back in...

There are a billion other cool games to play, why play WoW when its repetitive and boring to be frank? WoW had its time in the sun and its over. You should see just how boring Draenor was, it can't be overstated. Don't waste a bunch of money on something where you're going to quit in a month and realize you should have never gone back. You're thinking nostalgia will carry the day and it simply won't. What you really want is that time in your life back where you could play WoW obsessively until dawn but its gone forever.

Go load up something else.

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
21. Re: Buying digital skins has never been PHUNNER. Jul 4, 2016, 21:45 Redmask

LittleMe wrote on Jul 4, 2016, 16:52:
Ending the fed and fiat currency with their deep ties into the stock market IS the sensible plan. Thanks for asking!

The system we have now is far worse than not having it. You're expressing fear of the unknown which is not rational. You're implying that change is bad when you agree the system is evil. That's double think.

Real currencies are stable until psychopathic central bankers come in with their always clever lies and deceptions to scam the populace with a collectivized currency. You imply it would be chaos, the opposite is true. Right now our economic system is chaos and evil.

When the fed is ended in the right way, there will be a transition period where the parasitic and cancerous aspect to our economy would die. That would be healthy and necessary. Suddenly we would have a lot of people ready to take productive jobs.

Yep we'll all live on a farm, pay no taxes and grow our own food. Who needs those things like society and economies? When the government comes calling we will form a unique squad to deal with them, lets call it MILITIA!

Fucking loonie toons.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 2, 2016, 07:37 Redmask

You had one fucking job AMD, to deliver last gen performance at a decent price point without frying the PCIe bus. Way to fucking go.

This might not matter to the dude with a Maximus Gene VII but those people are buying Nvidia cards. It's the budget board people that are buying the 480 and this card is a real risk.

AMD is just shit these days.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 2, 2016, 07:29 Redmask

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 20:02:
descender wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 19:18:
This is not sitting in traffic though, which is where 1:1 merging needs to be observed. Also the "being ahead" merge rules shouldn't apply either.

If your lane is ending, you yield.

I think you have a solid point on the your lane ending, merge. That said, imo there was plenty of time for either to just get by whichever way as long as an incident doesn't happen. I think we deal with this stuff ourselves all the time out there. He really went out of his way to try to make a point with her. And then did the snitch thing and got the cops, which is a whole other point.

As an adult it is perfectly acceptable to 'snitch' when someone almost hits you in a motor vehicle. Get a fucking brain in your head man.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2016, 12:19 Redmask

Glad you caught it in time, be well Blue.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
28. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 30, 2016, 07:22 Redmask

Creston wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 17:57:
Right now $200 or $230 is a pretty good price for just above GTX970 performance, though I'm worried about the fan noise.

Hopefully we'll see a Twin Frozr version of this card. If we do, I'm pretty interested in it, since I currently game at 1080p anyway.

It's slower in some titles, slightly faster in others. It also runs at pretty high temps under load. If you aren't interested in OCing it runs super noisy, hot and isn't exactly great on power. It's using all of the power of a 1070 and delivering half of the performance. How power hungry and hot is the 490 going to be? If you are interested in OCing the reference 480 is a fucking disaster and people should just wait for AIB cards. I feel like people would be better served by a used 980/970 or just waiting for the 1060. I found the card hugely disappointing, last gen performance and frankly the price is the only attractive thing about it. It's good for the 750 Ti crowd on Steam and that's about it.

I've seen a few reviewers say its a great price to performance card but my problem is that the performance target is 2 fucking years old. People get bitchy about Nvidia and its prices but at least they are shooting for the fucking moon with performance and features. When you're the only innovator left in the market you can command a price premium. Worried as hell about Vega and beyond.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2016, 07:34.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 28, 2016, 05:42 Redmask

ventry wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 20:49:
For the last 3 months I have been doing an experiment.

Your experiment is meaningless because Microsoft has already admitted this behavior and said that they 'fixed' it. Do you need help using the Google search engine to discover the many other people who were affected by it? Or are you sticking with the insane idea that both Microsoft and users made this up to cover up their sloppy mouse use?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 25, 2016, 07:08 Redmask

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 16:43:
Creston wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 12:47:
By ignoring it? Works for me.
I suppose it`s easier to ignore it when you`re not the target.

No, its just as easy either way. I don't really care what you call me, you're some twerp on the internet as far as I'm concerned. Whether there are 10,000 of you is irrelevant. I don't derive my identity from the judgements of others nor do I need only positive affirmation to sustain myself.

tl;dr spine up

News Comments > It Came from E3 2016, Part 6
16. Re: It Came from E3 2016, Part 6 Jun 22, 2016, 05:49 Redmask

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 15:20:
Maybe I am a part of the problem.

Says the guy defending a site that employs Ben Kuchera. Yes, you are.

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
39. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 21, 2016, 16:56 Redmask

Tachikoma wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 12:35:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 19, 2016, 11:07:
OMFG Those Sellouts!!!!!!

I get it you feel a strong urge to say something, but sometimes there`s just nothing to say.

Valve is not actually a corporation, but funnily enough it only makes things worse, since it has no responsibility to anybody else but Sir Knight and his round table.

Valve is a corporation. They are just not a publicly held corporation. They have no requirements to publish quarterly financials nor do they have any external shareholders to satisfy. Their 'board' such as it is, consists of the common shareholders alone without any other representation.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 16, 2016, 05:47 Redmask

Reznor is full of shit, he was telling the audience to download his shit at several concerts I attended. Panders when its convenient for him then changes his tune when its time to count the cash. What an asshole.  

2920 Comments. 146 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo