Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 3183 (Veteran)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation May 18, 2017, 08:03 Redmask

Ozmodan wrote on May 17, 2017, 23:21:
The Switch success, just shows you that people seem to like mindless drivel Mario games.

The only Mario game is a fucking racing game. What people do like is one of the highest metacritic games of all time, Zelda Breath of the Wild. I've played BOTW and its the real deal.

I'm not even sure if you're a troll account or just actually like this. Fucking embarrassing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2
16. Re: Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2 May 17, 2017, 07:48 Redmask

I'm so fucking bored of Far Cry and the mindless Ubisoft open world formula. You're going to get map bombed with icons and activities, most of which will be repetitive bullshit. The same boring gameplay with zero challenge and a shitty story that overstays its welcome. Ubisoft has made a factory operation out of generic open world games, they're the fucking acme widget makers of this industry.

I hope Activision manages that buyout and just runs it into the ground because at least in death perhaps some developers will start smaller studios and do something original again. Oh and Ghost Recon: Wildlands is not popular in the slightest, look at the metrics hes using. Active player count died a long time ago. It's a game with no soul or passion behind its creation, just guys ticking boxes off.

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
28. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 11, 2017, 06:40 Redmask

Jerykk wrote on May 11, 2017, 04:28:
Would be nice to see actual sales figures for ME:A compared to the previous games.

ME:A had the same issues as DA:I. Too much focus on scale, not enough on quality. Bioware is really bad at open-world design and ME:A would have been better off if they made it a 40 hour game instead of a 100+ hour game. It would have been far more polished and free from the burden of half-assed filler.

There's no point in doing an open world game without environmental storytelling unless the sandbox itself is compelling. DA:I even did this better than ME:A. Just driving around aimlessly from outpost to outpost is not a good loop for the player. The problem with these fucking huge studio efforts is that they focus too much on 'stuff' to do and not enough on whether that stuff is actually enjoyable. ME:A was like playing a Ubisoft game at times and that's not a compliment.

This game ended up being a glitchy, boring mess when it could've been much tighter and more enjoyable. It doesn't make for sexy game trailers where you boast about huge massive your open world shit is but at least people will like it.

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
2. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 10, 2017, 21:42 Redmask

Agreed Creston. Somehow they managed to go to an entirely different galaxy yet introduce little new of interest. Truly forgettable cast, pointless open world with practically no environmental storytelling, dodgy writing and an overall decline in quality in pretty much every respect save for combat. Player agency made Mass Effect interesting but somehow they managed to make even that feel an afterthought in this entry.

People get all caught up in whether the haters are just too harsh or its fans too forgiving. It's not a bad game but frankly its not a very good one either and for this series that's just not acceptable. I think a hiatus is good, let people have a break and this game to fade from memory. Whatever they come up with next needs better writing and some player agency again. I don't play these for the mediocre shooting mechanics and Force power knockoffs.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 3, 2017, 07:32 Redmask

Yes, that's because Freesync sucks and people are willing to pay for quality. If you don't believe me then go ahead and get that monitor, you will regret it.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 2, 2017, 06:56 Redmask

GSync is superior which is part of why people pay a premium for it. It's an also LG, that's why the price is so much better. Even their OLED TV sets have major problems with motion processing and their bootloop issues on their phones is well known. If you want to see even more serious trash then check out their appliances. They make good panels but the actual processing and build quality matters too. Buy something that uses an LG panel but isn't subject to the rest of their shitty supply chain. You get what you pay for. Go ahead and buy an LG, I'll see you on here in a year when its defective and LG tells you to piss off.  

News Comments > Hearthstone Celebrates 70 Million Players
8. Re: Hearthstone Celebrates 70 Million Players May 2, 2017, 06:54 Redmask

I hate this bullshit puff PR. Our game is in huge decline so we are going to celebrate it with a fake announcement, everyone join us!  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Apr 26, 2017, 22:10 Redmask

Dacote wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 21:07:
Split was disappointing, M.Night films would be better off with somebody else directing them.

Split was fantastic and he did a great job directing it. What he sucks at is writing human dialogue but that's ok in the context of his strange 'universe' for these characters.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 19, 2017, 07:38 Redmask

saluk wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 00:52:
The foreign workers are generally better performers at their job as well, in my experience.

Uhhhhhhhhhh lol. Nearly every company I've worked with has experimented with H-1B and its usually a disaster. Customer satisfaction, interaction between teams, hell pure competency all go down the toilet. Companies are only doing this for cost but sometimes quality work costs more money. Corporations are fucking lions who eat their young.

I don't know what percentage of people you think are professional athletes but let me assure you that people in Texas worshipping football do not have a material impact on the tech sector. What a strange complaint.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 07:38 Redmask

descender wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 13:43:
Potential NBA point guard jdreyer shops himself around to NBA teams. Confused as to why there are no takers.

Yeah? Have you shown the capacity to develop into an NBA point guard through some athletic achievements?

Potential doesn't mean "literally anything is possible". Words have meanings, stop butchering them.

No, we're going to keep butchering words on the internet irregardless of how much fucking crying you do. Someone with more time than me, please go through this anal retentive Jeopardy reject posts and find some hypocrisy to amuse us.

Bwahaha!

17. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2017, 08:57 Redmask

yuastnav wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 05:54:
Yeah, I dunno. I enjoyed The Force Awakens a lot. I loved that movie. I also liked Rogue One, although not as much as TFA. I'm really, really looking forward to episode 8, have been since I saw episode 7.

Yeah everyone loved TFA. They loved it the first time they saw it 40 years ago.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks
42. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 13, 2017, 07:46 Redmask

He's an EA shill, don't waste your time.

People still play old Battlefield games over a decade later. Will anyone be playing Battlefront in 10 years?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 13, 2017, 07:29 Redmask

Fantaz wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 22:22:
could also mean that they don't want people to look into the PC demo's data files and uncover spoilers before the game's released?

Yeah I'm sure that's their primary concern here, the internet spoiling the ever important storyline to the re-rebooted Prey game Rolleyes

43. Re: Into the Black Apr 12, 2017, 05:50 Redmask

Kxmode wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 19:07:
At the risk of injecting civility into the discussion (because it looks some are foaming at the mouth; looking at you Agent-Zero). I think we're talking past each other. It would be good to establish some facts so that going forward we can at least discuss this on about the same level. Here's my response:

Did the Airline do the moral thing? [ ] Yes [ X ] No [ ] Maybe

Do U.S. Citizens have civil rights on a plane? [ ] Yes [ X ] No [ ] Maybe

Do U.S. Citizens have consumer rights on a plane? [ X ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Maybe

When U.S. Citizens purchase airline tickets, do they enter into a private agreement with the carrier? [ X ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Maybe

Does the airline have the ability to revoke or modify a ticket for any reason? [ X ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Maybe (A person entering into a business transaction with each carrier follows a contract. For United Airlines they have 30 rules)

Can the police request and then remove by force any non-compliant person? [ X ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Maybe

No one gives a shit what the airlines rights are, clue into what the fuck the big deal is about. Their stock didn't tank 1.8 billion because people care about the airline, its rights or what the police are allowed to do.

News Comments > etc.
24. Re: etc. Apr 12, 2017, 05:47 Redmask

Fantastic  

News Comments > etc.
22. removed Apr 11, 2017, 07:23 Redmask

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 11, 2017, 11:52.

News Comments > Gearbox Drops G2A Deal
17. Re: Gearbox Drops G2A Deal Apr 9, 2017, 09:12 Redmask

Jerykk wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 06:56:
Stolen keys are the exception, not the rule

Prove it. Many developers and publishers have said the opposite, that stolen credit cards are used to buy up swathes of bundle keys. This hurts indies way more than it hurts companies like EA. They have to pay for this key many times over in processor fees and time. You are buying the result of fraud, accept your responsibility.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 8, 2017, 09:51 Redmask

jdreyer wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 01:19:
SlimRam wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 00:18:
This is just one more reason why me and the wife are considering cancelling our subscription. The first major blow was their CFO saying that they are trying to make 50% of their content original. 9 out of 10 times when I look for something specific, (nothing even brand new or close) they never have it. We like some of their original stuff but, that's not why we originally started using them many years ago and that's not going to keep us as a customer.

All of the content producers are trying to put their stuff on their own channels so they can get that sweet, sweet $10/month vig. So they radically jack the price on NF. For NF to survive as a company they must produce their own stuff, there's no other viable future for them.

There's no viable future for them in this household if I can't watch old Fox shows in the background when I'm coding. I'm not going to be understanding when they're just dumping hundreds of standup comedy specials on me. They've had maybe 2 decent shows I enjoy and it gets harder to find older content I like every day. Fuck em.

I cancelled last night. Plenty of other entertainment avenues.

News Comments > Dragon Age 4 Outed?
27. removed Apr 8, 2017, 09:26 Redmask

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 11, 2017, 11:52.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 7, 2017, 17:44 Redmask

They dumped almost every good Fox show last month and now fucked up the rating system. As if there is no potential for nuance with taste, you just LOVE or HATE everything. This shit reminds me of the Qwikster days, Reed must be on a bender again.

This system sucks already, I previously rated their 10000 standups 1-2 stars because I wanted to focus on documentaries and I go see standup live. Now all of that crap is front and center again, my only way of influencing anything is just saying its the best thing ever or something I loathe, the latter which seems to be ignored anyway. Fuck this dumb shit, I'm cancelling my membership until they revert it.

3183 Comments. 160 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo