Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 3198 (Veteran)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 20, 2017, 22:00 Redmask

Sony has no incentive to allow Microsoft to leech off their player base. They want people to buy Playstations to play with their friends and their strategy is working because they are demolishing the Xbox brand this generation.

Last generation when Microsoft was asked to allow cross platform play by Valve, EA and several other companies they said no way.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AMD Radeon RX Vegas Launch
31. Re: AMD Radeon RX Vegas Launch Aug 15, 2017, 06:43 Redmask

It's not hard to sell out when Newegg is only allocated 20 of them. Artificial scarcity.

Even Vega 56 is a turd in my opinion, Nvidia can prep an easy answer in no time flat and AMD has nowhere to go on performance with it. It's really only good for people who have a Freesync monitor and were desperate already.

Fucking Advanced Mining Devices, disappointment every time.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
12. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2017, 07:42 Redmask

Go live in the Congo Cutter. Let us know how that idea works out for you.  

News Comments > New AMD ReLive Drivers
1. Re: New AMD ReLive Drivers Jul 27, 2017, 08:00 Redmask

Just in time for Vega to completely underwhelm, barely competing with a year old architecture from Nvidia.

They really need to fire that RTG guy with the big mouth.

News Comments > MS on PC Gaming
22. Re: MS on PC Gaming Jul 27, 2017, 07:54 Redmask

Oh boy yet another Age of Empires remaster. I'm really feeling the fuckin love over here Rolleyes

I will give Microsoft credit for Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4. I bought them for Windows and got free copies on the Xbox One. Is it perfect? Hell no, but considering how long Microsoft has been dangling a carrot for PC gamers you have to admit it's a pretty good start

No it fucking isn't. Is this the kind of crap you're conditioned to think is good nowadays? A few Windows Store ports that had numerous problems. Yeah thanks for doing us a favor Rolleyes

Here's a 'good start'. Making some PC exclusive titles that aren't shovelware. The Windows Store sucks balls and no one uses it so release your games elsewhere. No really no one fucking uses that terrible shit. I got a game for free with my videocard and shittastic windows store couldn't even manage to download and install it correctly. Release all of the console exclusives, wait 6 months or something if you really need to make the console users feel special.

That would be a good start and only just a start.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2017, 07:47 Redmask

I did my own kitchen and main bathroom reno last year. That was some shit, let me tell you. I totally appreciate the guys who can do a great job mudding now, I had to redo that shit like 3 times.

The kitchen was surprisingly easy once I borrowed a buds laser level. We actually went with IKEA cabinets and shelving, great quality and reasonable price. The hardest part was the fucking measuring. Just get a professional to come in and do your measurements for $200, god damn that was annoying. Measuring an entire kitchen properly (the first time) sucks. It looks amazing now and the woman is happy because I built an island with power and plumbing. You've never seen such a big grin as when a woman gets a new kitchen or bathroom.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial
19. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial Jul 16, 2017, 17:09 Redmask

Mass Effect Chat in the mofuckin Mass Effect thread: is the DLC to this actually cancelled? I recall a rumor saying it was. I was curious to see if Bioware Montreal could redeem themselves with the DLC but its looking increasingly like they've been put on patch support and that no DLC will come. Didn't they sell a Season Pass with this? I wonder if people will get refunds.

Fucking base game is boring ass shit and the multiplayer is repetitive/bad but there is potential if nothing else.

I hope Anthem is good otherwise EA is going to Maxis the shit out of Bioware.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2017, 07:27 Redmask

VR is a niche market but not a fad. Oculus is a classic example that being first with tech isn't always best.

At this point there should be a little Javascript loop that prevents Cutter from posting without clicking on an article link first and spending a certain amount of time idle, presumably reading. I am quite happy to code it for the administration here.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2017, 07:41 Redmask

Prime day sucked yet again, next year I'm just ignoring that shit.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
11. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 2, 2017, 22:46 Redmask

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 19:04:
As a current Amazon employee, and running in one of the sort centers (post office more or less), just keep an eye on the Amazon site. If you loved the old Steam sales (flash sales), and don't sleep, you are going to be one very happy camper.

Yeah I really want some great flash deals on diapers and cheap Chinese phone accessories Rolleyes

As a current Amazon customer let me tell you that your company's previous sales have fucking sucked and you guys have a lot to prove with the shitastic Prime day.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt?
18. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt? Jul 1, 2017, 08:53 Redmask

Drayth wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 21:48:
Too bad the gameplay was actually pretty fun, imo. A sequel which improved on Andromeda with better writing would have had potential.

Totally disagree, terrible gameplay loop. Moments of fun combat broken up by insufferable tasks. One of the shittiest crafting systems and user interfaces to ever grace a video game which is saying something. Shit writing, garbage story and forgettable characters.

You don't put a C level team on a fucking franchise like this.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 16, 2017, 08:38 Redmask

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 01:50:
Yeah, they've basically quadrupled the graphics processing power. The XB1X has 40 CUs, while the Radeon 480 has just 36. That's $250 right there just for the graphics. It's actually smart that they're adding 4x GPU power, so 4K games will be smooth as silk.

Uhhhh no. They are already doing checkerboard and dynamic upscale tricks with their own first party games. 4k on a fucking Intel box with a 1080Ti has frame dips, let alone a piece of shit Jaguar CPU with a runt GPU. This thing will be lucky to be consistent with 4k (not upscaled!) at 30fps.

This is like the jump from an XB1 to a PS4 Pro, not "4k silky smooth". The few games they will get to 4k/60fps will spend months being optimized, something most devs won't bother with for the soon to be third place platform.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2017, Part 5
1. Re: It Came from E3 2017, Part 5 Jun 14, 2017, 22:16 Redmask

We're ready to show off our Jaguar core powered 4k console!!!!

With Minecraft.

The Microsoft showing was pathetic, they're down 2 AAA exclusives next year. Just awful. They need to get their fucking act together and provide some real competition to Sony and Nintendo.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 1, 2017, 07:51 Redmask

Nothing does, we shouldn't put anyone to death. I would rather my money goes to imprisoning them for life, its a much harsher penalty anyway. This is the part where you cry about wasted tax dollars and I reply with I DONT GIVE A FUCK. You're a member of a society and sometimes we do things for the greater good of society even if it means a sacrifice on our part. Fucking deal with it or move to a third world country.

I would tell you to use your brain but I already know the outcome of that scenario.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation May 31, 2017, 07:57 Redmask

IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR XBOX ONE

We get it Microsoft, your platform exists.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation May 18, 2017, 08:03 Redmask

Ozmodan wrote on May 17, 2017, 23:21:
The Switch success, just shows you that people seem to like mindless drivel Mario games.

The only Mario game is a fucking racing game. What people do like is one of the highest metacritic games of all time, Zelda Breath of the Wild. I've played BOTW and its the real deal.

I'm not even sure if you're a troll account or just actually like this. Fucking embarrassing.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2
16. Re: Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2 May 17, 2017, 07:48 Redmask

I'm so fucking bored of Far Cry and the mindless Ubisoft open world formula. You're going to get map bombed with icons and activities, most of which will be repetitive bullshit. The same boring gameplay with zero challenge and a shitty story that overstays its welcome. Ubisoft has made a factory operation out of generic open world games, they're the fucking acme widget makers of this industry.

I hope Activision manages that buyout and just runs it into the ground because at least in death perhaps some developers will start smaller studios and do something original again. Oh and Ghost Recon: Wildlands is not popular in the slightest, look at the metrics hes using. Active player count died a long time ago. It's a game with no soul or passion behind its creation, just guys ticking boxes off.

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
28. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 11, 2017, 06:40 Redmask

Jerykk wrote on May 11, 2017, 04:28:
Would be nice to see actual sales figures for ME:A compared to the previous games.

ME:A had the same issues as DA:I. Too much focus on scale, not enough on quality. Bioware is really bad at open-world design and ME:A would have been better off if they made it a 40 hour game instead of a 100+ hour game. It would have been far more polished and free from the burden of half-assed filler.

There's no point in doing an open world game without environmental storytelling unless the sandbox itself is compelling. DA:I even did this better than ME:A. Just driving around aimlessly from outpost to outpost is not a good loop for the player. The problem with these fucking huge studio efforts is that they focus too much on 'stuff' to do and not enough on whether that stuff is actually enjoyable. ME:A was like playing a Ubisoft game at times and that's not a compliment.

This game ended up being a glitchy, boring mess when it could've been much tighter and more enjoyable. It doesn't make for sexy game trailers where you boast about huge massive your open world shit is but at least people will like it.

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
2. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 10, 2017, 21:42 Redmask

Agreed Creston. Somehow they managed to go to an entirely different galaxy yet introduce little new of interest. Truly forgettable cast, pointless open world with practically no environmental storytelling, dodgy writing and an overall decline in quality in pretty much every respect save for combat. Player agency made Mass Effect interesting but somehow they managed to make even that feel an afterthought in this entry.

People get all caught up in whether the haters are just too harsh or its fans too forgiving. It's not a bad game but frankly its not a very good one either and for this series that's just not acceptable. I think a hiatus is good, let people have a break and this game to fade from memory. Whatever they come up with next needs better writing and some player agency again. I don't play these for the mediocre shooting mechanics and Force power knockoffs.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 3, 2017, 07:32 Redmask

Yes, that's because Freesync sucks and people are willing to pay for quality. If you don't believe me then go ahead and get that monitor, you will regret it.  

3198 Comments. 160 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo