Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 3335 (Veteran)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2018, 21:25 Redmask

1badmf wrote on May 27, 2018, 19:01:
chicken is a difficult thing to grill perfectly. how long did you leave them on the warming rack for? i imagine a long time.

Low and slow with chicken on the grill, otherwise you dry it out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Acquires Campo Santo
5. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 22, 2018, 15:55 Redmask

I swear people think that anything written in some quasi-Whedon banter automatically makes something decent. Firewatch was awful throughout, fucking awful. Huge amount of backtracking, negligible gameplay and a hokey story that culminates in one of the worst endings seen in a videogame. It being indie is no excuse for it sucking.

Doing some writing for TWD and Firewatch doesn't make these guys a good buy but whatever, Valve is just totally off its rocker these days.

News Comments > Free HITMAN Spring Pack Released
1. Re: Free HITMAN Spring Pack Released Mar 21, 2018, 21:58 Redmask

Fuck this game is SO good. I wish I had picked it up sooner, feels like playing the older games again.  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
36. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 21, 2018, 08:19 Redmask

It's a demonstration of the awesome cloud power of Azure  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
21. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 15:35 Redmask

Super shallow and lame, boring after 3-4 hours. This game needed more of everything. The Windows Store distribution is besides the point, the game itself is way too thin to warrant its price tag. Microsoft continues to shit out mediocre first party content.  

News Comments > Dead in Bermuda Free on Origin
15. Re: Dead in Bermuda Free on Origin Mar 17, 2018, 08:47 Redmask

El Pit wrote on Mar 17, 2018, 07:54:
Really? Never happened to me. Contact the Origin service - unlike the Steam service team, there are real people working there that don't take long to react.

This a well known, long standing bug. It doesn't matter if real people read it, they obviously aren't interested in fixing it. It's been going on over 2 years now and has been documented thousands of times online.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2018, 16:49 Redmask

Kxmode wrote on Mar 3, 2018, 14:11:

Really? Scientists don't know what "darkmatter/energy/whatchamacallit" is even though the stuff makes up 96% of the -- at present -- known universe. That's a REALLY big unknown variable. I think before he makes such a bold claim, he should try and find out what that elusive nougat is. Or should we simply take his word on faith?

Speaking of which, since we're in faithland, I'd like to state when time began using the Bible.

(Colossians 1:15,16) "He [or Jesus] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible,"

Jehovah God did not need "time." Time as a construct only came into existence after Jesus.

It is really something to observe religion attempt to co-opt science, after hundreds of years of fighting it. Almost like a dog licking its own asshole.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
13. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 25, 2018, 21:52 Redmask

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 20:45:
Well is it enough of a problem for Samsung to get out of the business.

Samsung was never truly in the business of making "OLED" panels for TVs. They are pushing their aging LED line with a bullshit Q in front of it to confuse people for as long as possible until they can mass produce Micro LED panels.

Frankly the only TV maker other than LG making anything worth a damn is Sony, they have the best motion processing tech in the business and source panels from everyone. They even have a truly incredible OLED sets.

5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 25, 2018, 16:41 Redmask

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 15:12:
Ive seen burn in after a few weeks. Hundreds of forum posts also confirm it. I have many friends who say they dont have burn in, but when I look at their phone (one even has a TV), burn in is clearly visible. As I said, to some its very subjective. Even more so since Apple uses them. But enough people complain to make it obvious. And no, I am not going to do another 30 vs 60 FPS discussion here. Its happening in normal usage, manufacturers axe them because of it. Nuff said.

From your comments claiming vague experience then attempting to assert others knowledge, I doubt you've even personally seen burn in on an OLED TV. The rtings ongoing stress test didn't even product visible results in 2 weeks and theirs is quite literally a torture test that few people will ever re-produce in their viewing activities. Phones are a different story and have different degradation rates for various reasons. Either way anyone getting an OLED TV today is fine and burn in isn't a serious concern. It has nothing to do with subjective perception of burn in. But go ahead and link some forum posts, as if every other TV tech didn't have its own set of problems, flaws and defects too. No one said OLED is perfect, just that it's pretty damned good and much like plasma, a different emissive tech, burn in is an overblown concern from people who are repeating things they haven't even experienced and probably couldn't even properly explain.

No one asked you to do a 30 vs 60 fps discussion by the way but go ahead and keep arguing with yourself about it I guess.

3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 25, 2018, 15:02 Redmask

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 25, 2018, 14:49:
Good. As soon as it was clear that they will never fix burn in issues, OLED was dead anyway. Sad, but Im not ever going to spend that much money on devices that burn in that easily. Not even phones. Have been avoiding OLED phones like the plague since my first experience with one.
But I do realize that many people simply dont see the burn in. No idea why. Probably as subjective for some, as the dreaded 30 vs 60 FPS argument, that still pops up from time to time.

You're going to want a new TV long before you ever see burn in with an OLED. The only real exception is the people who have the OLED light at 100 and just watch CNN 24/7 or static HUD element games non-stop for literal months on end...but of course why are they buying an OLED for that purpose anyway? Get a cheap TV.

2 years gaming hardcore with my OLED and no issues with burn in. I vary up my content usage and have sane settings. By the time the actual degradation happens in 7-10 years I'm going to be drooling over the next tech and planning a purchase.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 18, 2018, 00:03 Redmask

Nucas wrote on Feb 17, 2018, 15:44:
wow, that's no joke. they fired all their full time employees.

keep your eyes on the ball, boys! profits this quarter are the only thing that matters!!

Look at their balance sheet. They don't have money to pay full time employees. They're done, this is the final twitch before death.

News Comments > The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
1. Re: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Feb 14, 2018, 19:55 Redmask

Great games and a real labor of love for the translators and port crew. Reading about the work to translate the Trails in the Sky series on Kotaku was pretty crazy, one woman worked 80-90 hour weeks for a year to finish it and ended up looking like a skeleton.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 4, 2018, 08:40 Redmask

Facebook and Google are just shitty aggregators yet somehow they capture the lions share of the advertising dollars. The traditional news industry is getting boned sans lube quite frankly. A future where Google and Facebook are the news is fucking terrifying.  

News Comments > CIG Responds to Crytek
61. Re: CIG Responds to Crytek Jan 30, 2018, 21:43 Redmask

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 17:18:
When everyone calls you out on being a douche, it means your a douche.

It's great that you have hit this point of realization about yourself, bravo Geek Squad.

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
40. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 30, 2018, 07:24 Redmask

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 21:57:
This. That guys face has to disappear. What has he done? He destroyed the Xbox with the Bone announcement debacle.

That was Don Mattrick, Phil Spencer is a whole different person.

17. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 29, 2018, 21:26 Redmask

Microsoft has enough problems making content for the IP it already owns but OK, keep entertaining the fantastical.

At least they have been smart enough to not totally fuck up Minecraft so far. About the one good thing they've managed in the past 5 years.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 29, 2018, 21:24 Redmask

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 10:16:
That mbam update drove me nuts on Saturday working on 2 customers computers. They were both underpowered towers and all I barely had time to do before they locked up was launch task manager and watch the memory usage ramp up to 100% usage.
Safe mode, task manager and msconfig to the rescue, allowed me to narrow it down to Malwarebytes. A quick search of their forums mentioned the bad update and that it was fixed.
Just glad it did not happen on a regular business day.

Good thing you fixed it before you had to open up Bestbuy, crisis averted hahahah! Hat2

15. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 29, 2018, 21:19 Redmask

jdreyer wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 20:03:
Maybe they are waiting for him to keel over. The man does not look healthy. Probably wouldn't take much to hasten him along, say a complimentary box of doughnuts sent to his corner office daily.

So that they can incredibly overpay to ship Half Life 3 on Xbox? It's ridiculous clickbait from polygon. But at least it would make sense from the perspective of Microsoft constantly being late to the party on fucking everything! Hey guys lets get that Dota game locked down, I hear the kids love it!

Microsoft buying EA is slightly more credible but still dumb for so many reasons. But at least that one I can laugh at!

4. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 29, 2018, 19:41 Redmask

Microsoft can't buy Steam, its privately owned and Gabe isn't exactly a fan of their platform direction anymore. That is just speculative crap to be ignored, don't put any credence in it. Why would they buy Valve anyway? Valve can barely make games for its own platform anymore, let alone another.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 29, 2018, 19:39 Redmask

I like that they came back for the package after all. Classy people right there.  

3335 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo