Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 3288 (Veteran)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: RAM Matters: How Much Do You Need for Gaming? 4GB, 8GB, 16GB or 32GB. Dec 12, 2017, 07:35 Redmask

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 18:04:
I have researched the pagefile "always" question and I can never find a reason that you have to have a pagefile besides 'because'.
Can you point me to where it explains why you have to have a pagefile, especially if you have oodles of unused ram an ssd and a 4 core 4 ghz processor.

You will run out of memory and programs will either crash or get force closed by Windows. This is because programmers can't account for everything and you will run into memory leaks. As I'm sitting here typing this Firefox Quantum is taking up 3GB in a single tab because of some dipshit Javascript programmer. Just enable the pagefile and stop trying to outsmart the guys who made the operating system.

I have experimented with it on and off, sometimes everything is fine and other times you will encounter problems due to memory leaks. Not fun to be in the middle of a round and be dumped out to desktop. So I leave a reasonable pagefile on my boot drive and call it a day.

I personally use 32GB of memory because I'm running ESXi with 16GB allocated to FreeNAS and a Windows boot with the other 16GB. GPU passthru is amazing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 8, 2017, 07:59 Redmask

Maybe if they made some games people would buy an Xbox again.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 8, 2017, 07:46 Redmask

I know someone who cashed out on Bitcoin and made over a million this week. A million before the tax man of course. And I know a couple that are probably headed for bankruptcy after fucking around with it. You had better know what the fuck you're doing before you screw around with this fake currency shit. Good luck using it for anything other than more speculation which says a lot about its long term potential.

Might as well just go to Vegas.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Microtransactions May Not Return
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Microtransactions May Not Return Dec 8, 2017, 07:44 Redmask

How about no fucking progression system? Why do I need one at all? We played games for 20 fucking years without these things, they do not add anything to the gameplay or enjoyment of the product. It's just a virtual hamster wheel and gamers are so fucking owned by the industry that they're convinced they're a good thing.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Vendor links Dec 7, 2017, 08:07 Redmask

SlimRam wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 14:23:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 12:36:
just a matter of time
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/burr-russia/
It's a nice fantasy but Al Green's impeachment movement has almost literally no support in the house, even among democrats. He says that he knows it's going nowhere, it's just his way of saying, "Enough".

None of that matters to our resident CNN twitter feed, hes just a useless RSS bot that someone inflicted on us.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2017, 06:04 Redmask

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 13:07:
Third, I have yet to see a PS4 exclusive worthy of my gaming money.

You're lying, Sony has numerous highly rated exclusives and you probably own a PS4. As opposed to Microsoft who just keeps making the same three franchises over and over, even their own fans are tired of them.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2017, 20:58 Redmask

StingingVelvet wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 09:53:
Like Anakin in TPM and Luke in ANH. That's how it works with people who are very "strong in the force." This argument about "mary sue" stuff is like a big glowing red neon sign that screams reddit red pill weirdo.

Is this descender returned to defend this turd? No one gives a shit about Anakin but Luke at least had some history in his activities before he gets a plot device to move things forward. Rey sucks not because shes a woman but because the movie makes her able to do everything well. Rey basically made the entire heroes arc of Luke in a single film, its absurd and indefensible.

The argument about red pill weirdo is just a glowing neon sign that screams "douche who can't stand someone disagreeing with him".

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 20:48 Redmask

Circling the drain again.  

News Comments > AMD Driver Rebranding
18. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Dec 1, 2017, 06:07 Redmask

How many times can you rename a turd, really? I guess anything is better than the truth.

AMD Radeon, Bullshit Performance on Awful Silicon, Super Heat Your House Catalyst Edition.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 28, 2017, 06:16 Redmask

Graham wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 19:55:
Sure. I turned a gaming PC that cost me $1200 into just over $50k... And I probably kicked your ass online with it when I wasn't mining. Show me how I managed to go broke again?

You didn't mine shit with a gaming rig unless your gaming rig is a chinese ASIC farm. Making anything after electricity these days on gaming hardware is pitifully slow and has been for years.

I call bullshit on your claims.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2017, 09:20 Redmask

I'm totally ready to be taxed by Comcast and thrust into a cyber punk future where I'm on the run from hired thugs from AT&T over a 30day late bill.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 26, 2017, 08:45 Redmask

Are they still going to edge-light it and charge $5000 for their bullshit?

Fuck Samsung.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return
20. Re: Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return Nov 24, 2017, 09:31 Redmask

Make Left 4 Dead 3 you assholes  

56. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2017, 09:28 Redmask

Dacote wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 11:21:
Sweetie, the only person tweaked here is you. Our job is done here.

I'm a part of something, we're in this together guys HIGH FIVE!

49. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2017, 06:53 Redmask

Quboid wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 23:33:
What?! I'm offended!

Tweaked your moobs did I? Mission accomplished.

46. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2017, 22:13 Redmask

Beamer wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 08:38:
Redmask wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 07:48:
You're trying too hard to be offended yet again, a common theme. Look at what he was responding to. The original poster wondered why his show was around so long and Asmodai pointed out that he had help from a woman in covering it up. His info came from the story, not his own opinion.

I'm not offended, I'm thinking he's offended. Everyone on the internet always thinks everyone else is offended.

You don't think it's interesting that he called out the name and gender of the woman who did it? That he makes a point of calling her a woman? Why do so many of these people stick around? Management protecting them. O'Reilly had it. Weinstein had it. This guy had a woman.

That it was a woman is insignificant to anyone but him. He needed to bold it, even. What was important to him was she was a she, not that she was powerful.

How about you let him say that if he actually believes it instead of inferring it entirely from his response to a totally different question? All he offered were the facts of the story. You seem very sensitive that it was a woman involved, not him. Since when was it decided that it didn't matter anyway? Who made you arbiter of that? I would argue that it being a woman probably has some added impact. Women are more trusting of other women for what should be obvious reasons and probably less likely to report something if offered advice to the contrary in that situation. Much like how Tig Notaro thinks Louis CK used her as a "shield" to accusations. So sure a man in power can do harm but a woman in power in that context might do even worse. That just makes her a piece of shit, it's not a statement against all women or something ridiculous. Either way Charlie Rose is a piece of shit and I don't think Asmodai was using it as some sort of excuse or saying something weird about women but I've said my bit on it and I'll let him speak for himself now.

We've been over this, dude. When someone you disagree with is offended, maybe you met someone who lacks emotional maturity. When pretty much everyone you disagree with is offended, you lack emotional maturity.

Don't know you, sorry you wasted that humdinger.

25. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2017, 07:53 Redmask

Yeah, we're the best! Let's celebrate our shared politics and keep posting until our hypocrisy is hidden way down on the list!!!!!!! WOOOOOO  

37. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2017, 07:48 Redmask

You're trying too hard to be offended yet again, a common theme. Look at what he was responding to. The original poster wondered why his show was around so long and Asmodai pointed out that he had help from a woman in covering it up. His info came from the story, not his own opinion.

18. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 21, 2017, 07:34 Redmask

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 07:10:
Orogogus wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 03:08:
I don't really agree. I feel like Bill Clinton got a giant pass from the left for wildly inappropriate use of power. And JFK. And I think the people blowing off the first Franken accusation as trivial are full of it.
Bill Clinton got a pass, maybe you missed the impeachment.
Be careful, your partisan is showing.

He's not partisan, he's probably the most carefully objective poster here. He actually forms his own opinions rather than getting spoonfed them from facebook like you. He's right, Clinton got a pass from the left because rather than being ostracized he's celebrated. Sure people can blame time but the history is all there for anyone to read and the truth is that we just don't want to. He leveraged his position into BJs in the fucking oval office, there is no point in even attempting to debate it.

The Democrats have to shun anyone who misbehaves, no matter how it hurts them politically, or else their base will riot

That's why the Democrats can't win politically in these situations, absolutist positions are losing positions.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 16, 2017, 05:58 Redmask

Yeah what a cesspool reddit is, how dare they demand answers to things that matter to people instead of focusing on the PR message and vague bullshit. You mean we can't buy and pay for this form of PR like everything else? Daaaaaaamn why do people use this thing?

The developers doing an AMA on reddit, a format which was popularized ON reddit, the days after their big fiasco. Yeah the problem is reddit and not the fucking moron developers Rolleyes

3288 Comments. 165 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo