Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Redmask

Real Name Redmask   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redmask
Email redmaskk@outlook.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2013, 03:13
Total Comments 3154 (Veteran)
User ID 57682

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
9. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 28, 2017, 07:55 Redmask

NKD wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 20:50:
So I just beat the main story at 87% completion with 85 hours on the game clock.

NKD wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 11:24:
So I'm over 60 hours into my ME:A playthrough now... and I'm still planning on diving right into a NG+ after this one.

You played 25 hours since yesterday? How does that work?

To anyone really on the fence, let this video help you make your decision.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2017, 08:06.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
25. Re: StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free Mar 27, 2017, 07:58 Redmask

I played this for hundreds of hours so the least I can do is give them some more money. Looks fucking solid.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 25, 2017, 08:50 Redmask

Verno wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 17:44:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 14:05:
dude, beer will go up ~5 cents for a 24 pack, wine 1 cent per liter, cigarettes ~5 cents per pack, foreign tourist will not get back the sales tax. even the transit credit allowed us to claim only 15% of expenses, which made a difference only for the lowest income bracket. when you have a tax credit thet does not mean 15% directly off of your tax payable, just that much off of your total taxable income. the tax difference paid is minimal.

So what? If it's so minimal then take it from top earners instead of everyone in society. Why should people pay even more "sin" taxes? Maybe the government could get more efficient about how money is used instead of just constantly being a black hole for it. The proposed budget for your tiny ass country just about made me shit a brick. You guys are the next Greece in the making, the household debt to GDP ratios alone are comedic. At least down here we've got the population density to justify our idiotic government

What makes you think we give a shit what an American thinks? America is not exactly the poster boy for responsible government. Call me when you fucks have a real health care system and give a shit about your fellow man. I will happily go deep into debt to fund Canadian goals and ideals. We aren't dog eat dog up here, ignore idiots like Cutter they are the exception.

My only real concern with the budget is that they aren't meeting most of the campaign promises they made but that's fucking Liberals for you, bunch of wolves in sheeps clothing. They preach Liberal ideals then practice conservatism once elected and enrich themselves. Trudeau is a fucking disaster.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
86. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 24, 2017, 08:01 Redmask

Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 23:36:
Bioware must be going a little nuts over how this keeps happening to them.

- They make a great game with ME3, but all everyone talked about was the shitty "Mac Walters Masturbates About How Great A Writer He Is" Ending that lasted 25 minutes of a 40-50 hour game.

- They make a pretty good game with DA:I, with some excellent main quests, and most people only ever commented on the shitty MMO sidequests.

- And now they've made a really good Mass Effect game, and all everyone talks about is the (admittedly terrible) facial animations, and the 10 lines of dialogue out of 4000 that I've heard so far that are bad.

The problems with this game go well beyond facial animations. 74 metacritic, 4.3 user score, I think 'really good game' is a bit fluffy for a description. You like this game but you liked it before it even came out and you would like it no matter what because 'its a mass effect game' which is a meaningless excuse for its many issues. They are getting exactly what they deserve here. They had years to figure this shit out and put out a lackluster game in a franchise that demands excellence.

I'm happy some people can eke some enjoyment out of it but that doesn't mean something unfair is happening to Bioware, if they want to get mad at anyone they can get mad at themselves for taking years to fuck this up.

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
69. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 23, 2017, 08:11 Redmask

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 23:40:
That would be why I almost always use Steam off-line, don't own an Apple product (never have) and why I use a different disposable email address for any website I register for. Google, yeah -- I'll admit they have me, to whatever extent they can get from reading my email and looking at my searches. Not that it does them a lot of good seeing as I'm reasonably intelligent and hence I use an ad-blocker. So they don't get much advantage. (oh, and I've never been on Facebook or other social media sites)

The fact that other companies or individuals engage in any activity is not justification for other to engage in those activities.

Google has your whole fucking email trove and you're worried about this, haha. An ad blocker does nothing to really protect your privacy, your devices are finger printed in several different ways. At least you admit that you're holding Microsoft to a different standard than other companies.

Microsoft is not changing from past behavior, they have always been a bag of dicks and will always be that way. They exist to make money for their shareholders, not have a hugbox with their customers. They are changing with the times. If you don't like this and its such a huge deal then there are other options out there, go use them. You aren't putting the genie back in the bottle. You can't fight it, they make the software and they sell you a license. You don't own shit and have zero control.

I'm not making excuses for them, that's just how it is now. Fuck its been that way for a long time. I like Windows so I'm going to keep using it until they push too far one day and when that day comes I will go use something else. I doubt any of you even give a real fuck about this.

67. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 22, 2017, 22:15 Redmask

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 15:47:
I truthfully don't understand why anyone defends them. They are acting like dicks, plain and simple.

They are acting like every other business does these days. Why is Microsoft held to a different standard than Apple, Google or literally any other application vendor in the marketplace? Fuck just reading my Steam EULA makes me shudder. Have you people somehow been totally asleep to what happened over the past 5 years? You're all connected to networks permanently now and you're juicing cell phone providers way more than Microsoft could ever hope and pray to.

I don't feel any sympathy for users trying to stick with a 10+ year old OS that is past its sell-by because they're paranoid that Microsoft might want to collect info they give away freely every day to other companies. Sorry I just can't care about that shit. Someone who is actually that privacy conscious and not just pretending probably isn't using a closed source operating system in the first place.

Microsoft has always been a bunch of dicks by the way, they're a fucking corp and not anyones little friend who betrayed them. They want your money. They don't give a fuck about you. You don't like what they're doing, use something else. That is the only shit they listen to, the sound of your money going somewhere else.

56. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 22, 2017, 07:59 Redmask

Simon Says wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 16:22:
Redmask wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 20:07:
Their OS isn't being crippled. Microsoft stopped updating it like they said they would, what is the problem? They're old operating systems. Even Linux has LTS plans and beyond that if you get support its just a bonus.

Yes it is, and only for a very small portion of the userbase and they had no reason for doing so this early when the plan was to stop updating it only in 2020.

No it isn't. They are not disabling anything. They are simply not supporting newer hardware on their older operating systems. You can argue until you're blue in the face about differentiation but saying 'they are crippling the OS' is objectively false. They are not crippling Windows 7 or Windows 8, they simply are not updating them going forward on certain hardware configurations. This happens all the time on many operating systems in the industry. Microsoft may be doing it for all the wrong reasons and I wouldn't argue that but the fact remains the practice is common and there is no 'crippling' going on.

There's only 1 reason, and its market share, forcing people onto 10.

Holy fucking shit, a software vendor wants people to use their new product instead of their old one?! No fucking way, awesome sleuthing detective.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews
103. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 06:23 Redmask

Kxmode wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 00:32:
Really? If I did missed that, my apologies. Feel free to link to the comment. I will try to be more cognizant of such postings in the future. However, if it looks like I'm derailing feel free to link me to a comment that provides an answer. It's very easy to miss things. I'm sure you can agree with that.

Apology not accepted, you knew what you were doing. It's easy to miss things when you're endlessly spamming threads with the same thing to get attention. Maybe allow others to discuss the games and keep your agenda to yourself after having spouted it already.

A non-skippable animation takes place whenever you move between planets/systems. Some of these can take up to 20 seconds to complete, and while 20 seconds seems short, it adds up after you're flying back and forth through the galaxy.

Most of them are there to cover up loading screens for ambiance, but mostly they get tedious after your first few fly-bys.

This gets really annoying at 2+ different loads to do one thing on the ship which should be doable on the ground.

84. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 21:32 Redmask

Kxmode wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 20:57:
It's pretty clear from your foaming-mouthed screed that you can't handle it. So I have a better suggestion for you. The mature thing would be to stop reading my comments if they anger you so much, or put me on your ignore list. Either will solve your problem, bruv.

Incorrect I can't fix your garbage posting, that's up to you. That's the only real solution unfortunately. Come to think of it though never mind, keep it up. I'm enjoying your gradual meltdown here.

Forgetting the queen for a moment. I can't say I'm surprised at the reviews, they pretty much echo my thoughts of the trial as I said in the other topic. This game has serious problems and they go well beyond the fucking hilarious facial animation. It is fundamentally flawed, you will spend 40-50 hours looking for 4-5 of real enjoyment. They learned all of the wrong lessons from other open world games, the map icon spam and activities remind me of Ubisoft.

52. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 20, 2017, 20:07 Redmask

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 10:11:
Redmask wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 09:29:
This CPU stuff is stupid but I don't really sympathize with people still using Windows 7 or Windows 8. What bothers me most about Windows 10 is that it's fine but they keep mucking it up while they fail repeatedly to clone Googles business model. Windows 10 should be celebrated but instead I'm forced to look for new bullshit to disable with every Windows Update.
I have no sympathy for you suffering Win10 when Win7 still works great.

Okay, not really.. but I was illustrating a point. It does seem odd you would make a list of the ad problems in Win10 which clearly at least annoy you and yet you brush off Win7 users complaints of their OS being crippled for no valid reason.

Their OS isn't being crippled. Microsoft stopped updating it like they said they would, what is the problem? They're old operating systems. Even Linux has LTS plans and beyond that if you get support its just a bonus.

75. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 20:01 Redmask

Kxmode wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 19:27:
@Agent-Zero - For the umpteenth time my concern was with BioWare's apathetic response or their unwillingness to distance themselves from Manveer's tweets; not Manveer's tweets themselves. He can tweet whatever he wants until he's red in the face. I don't care.

Whether BioWare agrees or disagrees with his tweets is unknown because they remained silent on the matter (and still do today). It doesn't matter to me. All that matters is Manveer no longer works there. Basically, in all good conscience, I couldn't buy games from a company with such an individual on their payroll.

Please learn the difference. Your comment is part of the comprehension problem I was referring to.

Anyhow, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Stop trying to say everyone else has a reading comprehension problem, you are the issue here. No one truly cares what you think of this crisis situation, they're just pointing out that you're a hypocrite for not seeing what is immediately obvious to them. You should really ask yourself how you keep getting into these embarrassing scenarios but I shouldn't expect introspection from someone who creates this sort of self-drama on a whim.

Bioware doesn't give a fuck so stop buying their games and stop boring the shit out of us with your thoughts about their morals. Every fucking time with you kid, I swear to god you're an attention whore or a drama magnet, I can't decide which.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access
66. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 20, 2017, 08:20 Redmask

Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 13:25:
And while I understand and even agree with some of what you're saying, Redmask, it also seems like you're just kind of burned out on the whole mass effect and Bioware games in general?

I'm going to turn that one around on you. It seems like you're just determined to make excuses for it because its a Bioware/Mass Effect game. Everyone can trial it right now and make up their own mind, the idea that everyone is just commenting on Youtube videos doesn't make sense anymore. Personally I feel like its earning that 75 metacritic its sitting at right now.

In fact the Gamespot review meshes pretty closely with my experience, I would give the game so far a 6/10. Maybe you just like a crappy/average game? I like plenty of shitty games and don't care what others think of them.

46. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 18, 2017, 09:29 Redmask

Bundy wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 17:43:
Honestly I'm curious to where all these ads are that everyone is complaining about. I haven't seen any. Are they in the windows store or something?

No the goal of your post was to make it seem like these things don't exist or aren't noticeable.

- Start Screen - "Start menu suggestions"
- Notification area - Various offers for Microsoft apps
- File Explorer - Massive OneDrive tab along the top
- Lock screen - Text/Picture ads, depends on context
- Edge - offers to make itself default periodically because its "better on batteries" than Chrome
- Cortana search box - periodically advertises sponsored services

Those are the ones I've personally seen and disabled. If you haven't seen these then you have a managed computer where someone else has disabled them for you or you're entirely daft. The OneDrive file explorer shit was literally a fat banner in the middle of it.

That's not to say these were difficult to disable but they are getting more numerous and it seems really fucking unnecessary. I bought the operating system and this shit isn't appreciated, it is a shitty way to treat your user base.

This CPU stuff is stupid but I don't really sympathize with people still using Windows 7 or Windows 8. What bothers me most about Windows 10 is that it's fine but they keep mucking it up while they fail repeatedly to clone Googles business model. Windows 10 should be celebrated but instead I'm forced to look for new bullshit to disable with every Windows Update.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access
59. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 18, 2017, 08:48 Redmask

All in all, I'd say that if you liked ME3, I don't see why you wouldn't like this one, unless you've already made your mind up to be mortally offended by the smallest things and refuse to play what's a very fun game so far because of those. And if so, hey, more power to you.

No I like fun games, I just don't find this thoroughly average, over designed monstrosity very enjoyable.

Combat is really just OK. Sure you have a lot of mobility but the enemy AI is pathetic. They even use old SNES days logic where if you hold aim on them in cover they won't pop up until the cursor moves away. You have a wide variety of typical ME powers and the gunplay is rote. It just doesn't feel like a meaningful evolution in any way except the jump jets which really just break the game in terms of difficulty. It's totally adequate but unremarkable. I didn't try multiplayer because its usually horde mode console crap, the same brainless wave survival shit with some random chest mechanics.

The setting, movement and conversation system feels rehashed from DA:I. Hell even the combo powers shit feels played out. The main character Ryder is poorly animated in the extreme, facial expressions especially. The voice acting is solid and most of the delivery is fine, the dialogue itself is the issue. You always expect a poor man's Joss Whedon script from Bioware but this is truly dreadful stuff. Mac Walters and 2 other people apparently wrote this, a noticeable reduction in the writing team staff and it really shows. You are a messiah type guy yet again with even less motivation and sense behind the origin story. The writing has a lot of "tell, don't show" going on and it really suffers as a result. The new conversation system doesn't help, people have always liked the simplicity of the Paragon/Renegade system and it wasn't in need of "nuance".

You scan everything and this mechanic quickly becomes tedious even in the trial. Why do devs feel the need to make players suffer? Who finds this stuff fun? Hold A to activate for 4 seconds and get some exposition. Why is this necessary? Scan rocks, scan planets, scan for this, that and the other thing. The Pathfinder apparently needs resources to do bloody everything so you better be ready to scan and gather ad nauseum. It's too early to say how locked out of potential content you will be if you ignore their fucking lame crafting system. Does the audience for this type of busywork even exist anymore? I want to meet the guy who sits at his PC drooling and clicking the scan button over and over. I work for a living, I don't need to feel like I'm working while I'm playing.

The return of exploration is welcome but unfortunately there's also a lot of "no" going on in the quasi-open world planets. The environments and art design are top notch but ultimately feel lifeless, like a pretty painting. You still bump into characters and environment pieces as if they are brick walls. The world doesn't feel organic in any way to me, everything from the characters to the planets feels uncanny.

It runs ok on my machine, I don't really have anything bad to say about its technical performance. What does trouble me is the lack of care and attention to animations. I typically don't give a fuck about this shit but this game has serious deficiencies. In a game where its story driven and you are trying to get immersed this is a much bigger problem than I realized. Some of the characters look downright fucking goofy while they're talking about the death of important characters and family. Also the UX is fucking terrible, it somehow manages to be even worse than the previous games. Why do I need to hold a button to perform a one click action? Why is this shit everywhere in the game in general? Newsflash developers, this doesn't give players 'agency', it makes them feel like a monkey.

What bothers me about this game is the lack of ambition. I'm a huge ME nerd so I'm the target audience for this and it just feels like they knocked it out because it was on a schedule rather than a good creative basis and passion for the product. It's impossible to ignore all of the rehashing from DA:I here too, if you've played both games you can't help but notice it. I can tolerate a lot for the ME universe, its a pulpy setting I really enjoy and its not like the previous games didn't have issues. This was a game made by a new studio, they mimicked something else as best they could but it shows. What's really troubling is that so much money and time went into making this unimaginative game.

I feel like some people here were convinced it was good or bad before it even came out, I've seen the same 3 posters stumping for it and a bunch of people hating on it. Having played it I don't feel very strongly one way or the other, its just really average and frankly a bit boring. Ultimately though this doesn't feel worth the price of admission at launch, maybe later on when its $30 or less.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2017, 09:11.

News Comments > Game Reviews
40. Re: Game Reviews Mar 15, 2017, 18:02 Redmask

Origin Early Access trial is sort of up for VPN users. In case anyone was wondering the shitty UI from Dragon Age Inquisition that no one thought could get worse? It's worse in Mass Effect Andromeda.

Save your money.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 15, 2017, 17:56 Redmask

I hope Uber unionizes so that we can get disgusting, rude taxis all over again  

News Comments > Game Reviews
37. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 15, 2017, 17:54 Redmask

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 17:40:
frankly that seems like wishful thinking at best

almost all of the games Ive ever played have the best content front-loaded into the opening and middle portions of the game, with the end game in various states of being half-assed or phoned in

Yeah this looks like a turd from a studio who lost most of its real talent. After reading this I went and looked up the video, its worse than people here indicated. Any studio who thinks its a good starting point for the game probably aren't going to redeem themselves later on. I predict a low 80s metacritic because EA throws around a lot of ad money but a very low user score.

News Comments > Rocket League Free Update Plans
1. Re: Rocket League Free Update Plans Mar 13, 2017, 22:48 Redmask

Best $10 I spent last year, crazy fun game. Soccer with cars and bizarre physics, so fun.  

News Comments > PS4 Games Coming to PCs via PS Now
8. Re: PS4 Games Coming to PCs via PS Now Mar 13, 2017, 22:37 Redmask

PS Now is finally worth its subscription price just barely with the addition of PS4 games.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
63. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 22:36 Redmask

WaltC wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 20:33:
Windows 10x64 build 15055, notifications turned off--lots of other things turned off via built in settings. Ads: 0 that's z-e-r-o.

You don't seem to understand the article but that's not surprising considering you're ok with your operating system being turned into an ad platform. What makes you think those options and toggles will continue to exist? I never thought I would see the day that people defend advertisements inside of their operating system, much less ones that get increasingly obtuse and spread out.

This isn't about hating Windows 10. I like Windows 10. It's about hating ads and recognizing when a company is trying to change user tolerances to achieve a goal later on.

That's ok, remember this post when its no longer an option and you're googling hosts files to use. Remember that you defended this stupid shit, you defended a massive corporation ad whoring its users because 'google does it' apparently makes it ok.

3154 Comments. 158 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo