Descending
Limit Results:

75 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Far Cry 6 Adds Free Rambo Mission
Feb 2, 2022, 06:42
Re: Far Cry 6 Adds Free Rambo Mission Feb 2, 2022, 06:42
Feb 2, 2022, 06:42

missed opportunity right there not to introduce the RamBow.

Re: On Blizzard's Survival Game
Jan 31, 2022, 07:05
Re: On Blizzard's Survival Game Jan 31, 2022, 07:05
Jan 31, 2022, 07:05

McTurbo wrote on Jan 30, 2022, 11:32:
whats a blizzard survival game like?

collect 2 rocks, run them halfway across the world. pick up 4 sticks make camp fire, fight 3 rabbits that dont spawn in that zone, then take rabbit meat back to base, turn in. Reward for 4 hours of hassle :2 rocks.

have you ever actually played WoW?

TBC had a few quests which often led to points not in the current vicinity but seldom outside the zones you'd quest in.
since WotLK the questing always was more hub-y and you'd be pointed toward a location via breadcrumb quest and then questing around that hub.

nowadays you almost always have your main quests and most of the time can only do those, but some NPCs want to take advantage of a hero nearby and offer their stuff.
those are often simple kill / collect quests mixed with "use vehicle", "use ability" or "solve puzzle" and culminate in a bigger threat / story part. questing through their zones is always a breeze and works without thinking too much, though reading the story from various indiviuals or teams behind them is great too.

questing in WoW is my go to way to level toons and i wish more games had such a good questing experience.

Re: 500 Hours of Dying Light 2
Jan 10, 2022, 06:32
Re: 500 Hours of Dying Light 2 Jan 10, 2022, 06:32
Jan 10, 2022, 06:32

El Pit wrote on Jan 9, 2022, 12:17:
I hope it is 500 hours of the censored German version! Just to promote how great the game is for the many German hippies who play games where they kill zombies (or sit down with them to talk about their aggressive behavior).
uhm, we don't CHOOSE to play censored versions.

Re: Call of Duty Cheaters Hit by RICOCHET
Dec 23, 2021, 06:36
Re: Call of Duty Cheaters Hit by RICOCHET Dec 23, 2021, 06:36
Dec 23, 2021, 06:36

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 23, 2021, 05:11:
Cheaters are same kind of people who, during a pandemic where close contacts are to be avoided, go on demonstrations against the pandemic in close contact to each other when the majority is already vaccinated twice and in the process of getting boosters.

#NoQuarterToCheaters
#NoQuarterToCovidiots

Ps.: Me, salty that Germany descends ever further into anarchy and chaos? NOOOO. For shure not.

right?! i work in a not so big town and yesterday there was a demonstration against the vaccination effort plus the counter demonstration to listen to science and get vaxxed.
the way the people talk these days just gets rawer and rawer and brown esotherics are on the streets hand in hand with nazis, system critics and elfriede from the anti-vaxxers.

Re: GTA: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Still Unavailable on PC
Nov 15, 2021, 06:43
Re: GTA: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Still Unavailable on PC Nov 15, 2021, 06:43
Nov 15, 2021, 06:43

Kosumo wrote on Nov 14, 2021, 19:55:
Ok, just take other peoples work and give them nothing.

It's not like they are owed anything.

as if loyalty is rewarded in this industry and the same people work on the next game instead of being moved around or terminated. they got their money, they don't participate in any financial success and by pirating you only damage the publisher.
i pirated a lot back in the day, didn't do it for at least a decade or even longer. i wouldn't even know if you are able to pirate games nowadays. as such i can't imagine that there is a big vibrant scene involved and that many people really pirate.

also the age old discussion: when i pirate a game which i would never have bought anyway, is there really any damage? i often bought games later on to cleanse my soul if i really liked them.

Re: No Man's Sky Turning Five; Frontiers Add-on Revealed
Aug 10, 2021, 06:53
Re: No Man's Sky Turning Five; Frontiers Add-on Revealed Aug 10, 2021, 06:53
Aug 10, 2021, 06:53

guys, calm down. jeez!

yes, we are talking about - i think it was a ps4? launch or exclusive game - something which costs a few million to build.
yes, there were announcements and trailers and hype. as almost always with these kind of games.
yes, as it was one of the bigger attractions it drew a lot of attention.
yes, it overpromised and underdelivered.

sure, many here are still pissed at the public figure associated with that "failure" of a game. why though? why can't a human being be wrong and fuck up? what did it cost anyone here? some people maybe did the wrong thing and pre-order. sorry, that is on you. some people bought into the fantasy of a seamless transition into a big universe and bought on launch. also, on you for not waiting on reviews / buying full price.

yet that team stood by their game and worked endlessly on it to redeem the initial failure and from what i read, they delivered and then some. what did we lose here? maybe 60 bucks. is that the worth we have for a human who exaggerated the scope for his game? phew, man. there are far worse offenders out there. also, by that same rules, wouldn't you also have bought into star citizen? the only difference would be that a barebone of NMS was released and improved upon while SC didn't have that for a long time and still is being built on.

cut the team some slack. they earnt it.

Re: Activision Blizzard Staff Sign Lawsuit Letter
Jul 27, 2021, 06:42
Re: Activision Blizzard Staff Sign Lawsuit Letter Jul 27, 2021, 06:42
Jul 27, 2021, 06:42

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 26, 2021, 22:10:
I wish they'd just issue an HONEST letter.

Dear Employees,

STFU and go back to work. All the noise you were making, you think you'd have all quit your jobs in protest at all the horrible transgressions you've witnessed. Instead you're still here, drawing a salary. Clearly you didn't think it was all that bad until you saw a chance for financial gain. If you'd like to keep drawing that salary, get back to work! Otherwise, there's the door and you'll be replaced before it hits you in the ass.

but who said they do it for financial gain? they want a safe workspace and somehow i thought we all wanted that. guess we happen to be boys after all which seldom experience an unsafe workspace.

Re: Activision Blizzard Staff Sign Lawsuit Letter
Jul 27, 2021, 06:40
Re: Activision Blizzard Staff Sign Lawsuit Letter Jul 27, 2021, 06:40
Jul 27, 2021, 06:40

Kxmode wrote on Jul 26, 2021, 22:22:
Darks wrote on Jul 26, 2021, 22:20:
I've got this little song stuck in my head from my granddaughters kiddy songs, The Wheels on the bus are falling off, falling off, falling off! LOL!!!
I think the lyrics go "the wheels on the bus go round and round." I think you might be thinking of "ring around the rosies, a pocket full of posies, ashes ashes we all fall down."

.. followed by massive guitar walls, a falling black curtain and an enourmously slapping 'Rats'!

Re: More Unreal v. Nreal
Jul 21, 2021, 06:33
Re: More Unreal v. Nreal Jul 21, 2021, 06:33
Jul 21, 2021, 06:33

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 20, 2021, 20:13:
Greentiger wrote on Jul 20, 2021, 20:09:
Businesses shouldn't be able to trademark or copyright singular, common nouns IMO. "Unreal Engine", "Unreal LTD", sure, but otherwise it just seems too ... generic?

You mean it seems, Unreal

Anzeige ist raus.

Re: Diablo IV Art Update
Jul 1, 2021, 06:34
Re: Diablo IV Art Update Jul 1, 2021, 06:34
Jul 1, 2021, 06:34

Simon Says wrote on Jul 1, 2021, 04:22:
[..]As for the video, one could undoubtedly successfully argue that it's less about "sexual repression" and more about maturity. That gaming in the 90's and early 2000's was in the teenage years of trying everything and anything genres wise in a rebellious provocative streak and we have moved on from that.

I too remember the "golden age", as I like to call it, fondly. But to go from this nuanced perspective to the insanely hyperbolic 50s...

I like sex and contrarily to most people have no cultural taboos about it anymore ( literally, about 15 years ago I purged them for what they are, bullshit ), but be real mate ok?

we are fighting the hordes of hell and all sin. if anything, we should at least get a pat on the back while we slaughter barechested demon witches for the light. right?

i think that a lot of the atmosphere in diablo comes from the dark, gritty and bloody environments and the whole thing with hellish sin. blood, gore, spells, axes and some boobies should be the main theme of anything that could be a heavy metal album cover. but if it hurts the sales, it hurts the sales..

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Jun 16, 2021, 06:29
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 16, 2021, 06:29
Jun 16, 2021, 06:29

NKD wrote on Jun 16, 2021, 00:28:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 15, 2021, 20:35:
How Does One Get Hired by a Top Cybercrime Gang

Get born in Russia?

Instructions unclear. I am squatting next to a boombox and some vodka with no clear idea what to do next.

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Re: Morning Mobilization
Apr 21, 2021, 06:46
Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 21, 2021, 06:46
Apr 21, 2021, 06:46

Cutter wrote on Apr 19, 2021, 20:20:
Hence the reason I called for investment in them. You can get around virtually anywhere and everywhere in Europe, Japan, etc. by train and mass-transit.

you can, but it just isn't great. if i want to manage it to work via train i have about 90 minutes instead of 30 by car. and i either get there about 45 minutes too early or 30 too late. afternoon is only one train possible and that means hanging about 35 minutes around.

for visiting other cities or rail-to-flight it really works great.

Re: Sunday Interviews
Apr 19, 2021, 07:02
Re: Sunday Interviews Apr 19, 2021, 07:02
Apr 19, 2021, 07:02

Razumen wrote on Apr 19, 2021, 01:00:
Talk about being out of touch. Not everyone can afford to buy every game at full price. And even if they buy it on sale, the developer is still getting SOME money. On that note, I don't feel bad buying used either. The developer already got their cut from that copy.

The reality is that the game just wasn't that great, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either. THAT'S why it didn't get a sequel. Happens to a lot of games.

With an attitude like that, no wonder he got kicked from the studio.

we live in times where one is expected to work full hours (i get up at 6:00 in the morning an i'm home eleven hours later at 17:00, one week talks and dinner with the wife before she leaves for night watch in a nursing home and one week we have about five hours before bedtime), consume as much as possible and have some balance with their work life. i get by, but many people have it harder than me. they don't have the luxury to think about which game to buy at full price or which one to play. are they expected to buy on release to see if the game is good? fuck that.

i was interested in mad max back in the day but never came around to check it out. then it got sold for 5€ on GOG and albeit some repetetive themes the game is more than solid. for that money i'm more than inclined to support more.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Apr 7, 2021, 06:48
Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 7, 2021, 06:48
Apr 7, 2021, 06:48

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 31, 2021, 17:19:
Banksy (he or they) is/are too famous now, any Banksy work, even like you describe, is somehow going to be sold for millions. He made that painting that shredded itself, the mechanism failed like 85% of the way through, and the resulting mostly shredded painting still sold for millions at auction, if I remember correctly. People are jackhammering out his graffiti from walls, even his stenciled stuff.

John Cleese already tried to mock NFTs, and the last I checked, bidding on his mockery attempt was up into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Post Bitcoin, we're into something ten times worse than beanie babies or tulip bulbs, because people are trying to get rich off of quick turnover of internet-popular random sale items. A NFT is literally useless, even the example in your second post, because digital copies can always be made. Being 'first' to own a digital copy is the definition of meaningless, yet people somehow think it has value, and entirely too many people now want to literally get rich quick selling such bullshit. Look at the bandwagon jumpers on Bitcoin, it'll be many times worse for NFTs once they really get rolling, and they have even less utility than cryptocoins.

Every day I am amazed by the new lows humanity plummets to. This NFT/cryptocoin nonsense are of course first world problems, plenty of humans have REAL shit to deal with, but humanity seems to be fucking up at every level of society, globally.

seeing how my workplace grows a bit more toxic every day and the wife having some depressing stuff going on at her workplace we only hope (very slim chance) that one of our held crypto currencies takes off and we can cash out to live the time we have together. it is especially true due to the pandemic how much worth time together is and many people want to pull themselves out of this horrible routine by any means.

sure, there are scammers. but i'm also sure there are people with hope.

Re: Blizzard: World of Warcraft: Shadowlands
Dec 9, 2020, 06:43
Re: Blizzard: World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Dec 9, 2020, 06:43
Dec 9, 2020, 06:43

jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2020, 14:15:
Wow, so people are still playing WoW?

no, WoW is dead. /s

after blizzard moved the launch i was able to secure three days off and played about 6h from launch. age is getting to me.

had beta access but didn't play it much to enjoy the fresh setting. and boy, is it fresh. really enjoying it so far.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Reviews
Dec 8, 2020, 06:50
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Reviews Dec 8, 2020, 06:50
Dec 8, 2020, 06:50

NKD wrote on Dec 8, 2020, 03:18:
theglaze wrote on Dec 8, 2020, 02:03:
wtf is going on in the polygon review? I'm four paragraphs in and the reviewer is still tripping on gender crap. Talk about perspective bias...

It's Polygon. They don't do game reviews, they do vaguely game related social justice blogging. They find the person on staff who is the most upset by a game, and ask them to write a "review." It's a win on two fronts for them. They get traffic from people interested in that sort of content, and traffic from the mega-triggered right winger douchers who are screeching about it.

read a few lines at polygon. man, i hate that crap. do they skip a movie where there is a traditional gender setup? i would think that no, they don't skip it. they strap in for the ride and go along with the vision of the director.

same goes for games. the developers want to tell a story and set the frame and the confines. the player customizes what he wants/needs to customize and off we go. what good would it do for me if i could create a 175cm overweight guy with shaven head, beard and glasses? yes, okay, me as an avatar. woohoo. "THAT is immersiveness right there!" the advocators would hail.

until i circlejump on a dude and rip his face off with augments after sprinting and jumping for three minutes.

just play the fucking game, don't worry about any gender stuff. jeez. sometimes i'm not even 100% sure if "(There are no nonbinary pronoun options.)" means the right thing.

Re: Assassin's Creed Valhalla Reviews
Nov 10, 2020, 06:31
Re: Assassin's Creed Valhalla Reviews Nov 10, 2020, 06:31
Nov 10, 2020, 06:31

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 9, 2020, 19:09:
The reviews I read called it a mediocre slog with terrible story, events written for debile children, horrible combat that is 90% of the game, grindy crap and mass battles that are always the same and gave it a 65... pass for me

It's another Ubisoft open world game with zero risks taken.

ha, we must've read the same gamepro article.

Re: Mass Effect: Legendary Edition Rated
Oct 15, 2020, 06:29
Re: Mass Effect: Legendary Edition Rated Oct 15, 2020, 06:29
Oct 15, 2020, 06:29

meh, i dunno.

those games were UHD for me when they were released along with the memories i made (all of the games talked about in this thread). why pay again just to boot it up, make a nod of approval at the better graphics and then never really think of again?

miss me with that stuff. but another NOLF and NOLF2 run in a better engine and very true to the original might reel me in.

Re: New ZeniMax Game Engine Confirmed
Oct 7, 2020, 07:06
Re: New ZeniMax Game Engine Confirmed Oct 7, 2020, 07:06
Oct 7, 2020, 07:06

Slick wrote on Oct 6, 2020, 18:40:
Omg I just found out that I'm moving like down the block from this office, and on their careers page is an english-french support, and I've been living in Montreal for the past 5 years.

BUT MY FRENCH STILL SUCKS!!!

FUUUUUUUUCK

what you meant to say was "PUTAIN DE MEEERDE!", but i think i feel you.

Re: Myst with VR Support Announced
Sep 17, 2020, 06:31
Re: Myst with VR Support Announced Sep 17, 2020, 06:31
Sep 17, 2020, 06:31

what an introduction sentence. just went into lunch break and this was the first time i snorted rather loud. boss asked if i read a strange mail or something.

jeez, what a home hitting play on how old myst is imagined. and all just done so masterfully by letting one number go. brilliant, just brilliant.
75 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older