Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1395 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BATTLETECH Released
21. Re: BATTLETECH Released Apr 25, 2018, 11:29 Tipsy McStagger

Played for a few hours last night and had an absolute blast..

For those who don't know, you should read Eck's guide. He's one of the game developers and he's undefeated in the office. So he gives you pointers. Also a lot of things that weren't explained in the tutorials.

Eck's Battletech Tactics Guide

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Frostpunk Released
13. Re: Frostpunk Released Apr 24, 2018, 14:34 Tipsy McStagger

Bill Borre wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 14:11:
It was our hope...That pushed us on...

Am I the only one who is annoyed by dramatic pauses that make no sense in context?

I'm guessing you're annoyed by a lot of things in life. Because this is something so small and used so often in every media.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Apr 24, 2018, 13:41 Tipsy McStagger

Flatline wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 11:57:
Battletech is getting points apparently for it's AI. That's a good sign. Glad my 100+ beta battles helped build the AI.

Also, apparently Rock, Paper, Shotgun found it boring due to pauses and animations and stuff. Plus the author sounds like he's not a particular Battletech fan.

It's a turned based tactical game.. what did he expect?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2018, 11:06 Tipsy McStagger

That Something fell out of the sky video is most likely a boiler explosion. Looks like the top of a pressure vessel with what look to be collars for flanges.  

News Comments > Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced
4. Re: Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced Apr 23, 2018, 10:59 Tipsy McStagger

I use Stellaris as my "filler" game between games.

Currently, the biggest issue with the game is the AI is completely retarded at managing planet resources and get stuck in these weird "build tons of food" loops.

They really need to fix this.

News Comments > Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers
44. Re: Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers Apr 22, 2018, 21:25 Tipsy McStagger

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 16:22:
Quinn wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 15:54:
This game will never be released.
Oh, there will be a release... it WILL be very late and it might TOTALLY suck, but it will get released.

They'll release it just to avoid lawsuits.

News Comments > Valve Acquires Campo Santo
26. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 22, 2018, 21:13 Tipsy McStagger

Wesp5 wrote on Apr 22, 2018, 16:08:
Firewatch was just another walking simulator, I agree. But then look at the original demo of the team that Valve bought to make Portal! At least if they don't want to make some own games (HL3 confirmed!) they keep buying other teams to keep the fake image up that they are still a game developer and not just a game distributor.

This was probably the best post in this thread. Thanks for the optimistic outlook.

Personally, I love valve and what they've done for computer games.

News Comments > Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers
23. Re: Star Citizen Celebrates 2M Backers Apr 21, 2018, 22:56 Tipsy McStagger

I'm one of those idiots from all the way back in something like 2013...  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 13:24 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 12:40:
]
Medical advice from a rando internet troll including a specific medicine without knowing any of the other pertinents [sp] is helpful? Sounds more harmful to me.

Telling you to check with your doctor about a recurring sinus problem is not a bad recommendation. The specific medication is just his experiences and everyone that has a brain would read it and infer that what works best for him doesn't work best for everyone and that the actual good information is that even if they get you on something it might not work at first.

I remember 15 years ago I had a horrible lung infection and I thought it was just a bad cold and tried to tough it out. Turns out I should have gone into the doctors a good week before.. after 24 hours of high dosage anti-biotics I was able to breathe again so never underestimate the power of doubt and it doesn't hurt to get it checked.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer
7. Re: MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer Apr 18, 2018, 13:17 Tipsy McStagger

Orogogus wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 12:41:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 11:29:
While I think they'll get lots right.... I don't have any faith in PGI ability to program AI good enough.

People say this, but I feel like you generally a game like this doesn't need AI much more advanced than "run towards the player while shooting its guns" to carry a single player campaign. You're not going to have the AI pull feints or flanking maneuvers, things like that are done with event triggers.

Like, when I read the Wing Commander I strategy guide it laid out all these detailed flowcharts of how all the AI decides its maneuvers, but in practice it didn't really feel different from any shovelware shooter where everything's programmed to just fly at you and shoot.

It's not just that, that can be done fine with events and triggers like you said.. The issue is things like weak points in armor will not be favored (simple programming), no torso twists to protect weak points (weighted averages on sides), no peak and shoot cover mechanics (most fps shooters have cover and flank that don't turn out the best but still passable). Same things like this will make the game much better and you can "difficulty" slider all these things with how fast they react.

They've watched millions of metric points on MWO and the tactics but I guarantee you from the game play videos showing everything just driving right at them.

Looks like a locust right right into him and then goes "oops" and turns around.. Can't program radial orbits for fighting? 10 minutes of gameplay back in december

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 11:35 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 11:27:
Check with your doctor to see if you're suffering from chronic sinusitis. You may need to see an ENT for that. I went through that last year several times. If you get antibiotics for it make sure you get doxycycline hyclate for it. I did a course of amoxicillin and amoxicillin with clavulanic acid and they didn't do bupkiss, whereas the DH cleared it right up and I haven't had a problem since.

Why can't you post more like this.. helpful and not bitching.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer
3. Re: MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer Apr 18, 2018, 11:29 Tipsy McStagger

While I think they'll get lots right.... I don't have any faith in PGI ability to program AI good enough.  

News Comments > Boss Key Accuses Epic of Poaching
11. Re: Boss Key Accuses Epic of Poaching Apr 17, 2018, 07:53 Tipsy McStagger

I bet there's some buffer between cliff and the main grunt staff, like a few managers.

We all know cliff would be crazy toxic in his own company unless they did that. Dude is so fucking out of touch... Want to keep your employees? Couple things:
A) pay them a little more than they're worth
B) have leaders who help them grow
C) don't have a sinking ship

Don't blame other viable companies for offering those three items when you can't.

News Comments > New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced
11. Re: New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced Apr 13, 2018, 12:26 Tipsy McStagger

I've been sitting patiently waiting for the next generation of GPUs to land to build a new computer. My CPU is a i7-4700K, ram is 16 gigs DDR3 and using a 500 gig second generation Intel SSD with a 980 Ti.

Its been working well on everything so far but I'm looking at a full upgrade and the caveat is the next generation from 1080 Ti..

So people that are in the know for processors, how did the new intels versus ryzen fan out and do you see these overtaking?

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 1M
10. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 1M Apr 12, 2018, 17:59 Tipsy McStagger

The warhammer 40K talK:

I hope Total War gets IP material for Warhammer40K and makes a great Ranged combat Total War: Fenris type game. They'd have to reconfigure their engine but it could be absolutely glorious watching the 1000's of chaos cultists get mowed down by rhinos....

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 1M
4. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 1M Apr 12, 2018, 13:18 Tipsy McStagger

the changes they made to this game are great compared to vermintide 1.

Vermintide 1 bugs were game breaking on highest difficulties. A missed hit detection swing on rhythm made it extremely hard to win.

This one has more forgiving bugs.. while some guys are still shooting through walls sometimes it's not as repeatable in every game.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2018, 12:08 Tipsy McStagger

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 10:25:
LOL -- I thought for sure the story about an 11 year old racing prodigy was going to be about a horse. I figured they were just being goofy in the headline...

Good on her dad for being able to handle this but my god it's a dangerous sport.

I would like my 11 year old to be in sports were they can maybe break a leg or get a concussion not get completely torn in two.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2018, 11:14 Tipsy McStagger

Good luck collecting unless her ex was a multi millionaire.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Warmind Expansion Next Month
1. Re: Destiny 2 Warmind Expansion Next Month Apr 11, 2018, 21:15 Tipsy McStagger

I'll wait for a couple more expansions before going back.  

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2018, 14:39 Tipsy McStagger

Quboid wrote on Apr 11, 2018, 14:12:
Maybe read it again, this time not obsessing about whether or not men are being blamed.

"risk upsetting their business model by putting diversification first"
That's not what it says.

"DIVERSIFY NOW BECAUSE WE DEMAND IT!"
That's not what it says.

"is that the mens fault?"
That's not what it claims.

"can't take criticism"
That's not what it says.

"DIVERSIFY for the sake of DIVERSIFICATION"
That's not what it says.

"there's no conspiracy against it"

"companies don't need to start hiring only women"

"it's called progress and it doesn't happen overnight"
That *is* what it says.

You call out things that aren't there and your rebuttal is something that is there. Seriously, what are you reading? It's an article about *how* to increase diversity, not why, where are you getting the things that you highlight in allcaps?

That's the irony. You indulge in a paranoid fantasy about paranoid fantasies, describing your own imagination as "just stupid", thereby becoming one of the "crazy people" who make a problem out of nothing.

In a lot of ways you might be right. I did "fill in the blanks" in the objectiveness of the article.

You don't write an article like this without wanting more diversification. This is definitely a "I'm not trying to sound like a social justice warrior but...." type of article.

I'm just jaded like cutter and Prez about this topic.

1395 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo