Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1111 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 11:22 Tipsy McStagger

Why didn't I have a teacher like that in Highschool?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
10. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 11:13 Tipsy McStagger

Moog wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 09:52:
For instance, the microtransaction engine may match a more expert/marquee player with a junior player to encourage the junior player to make game-related purchases of items possessed/used by the marquee player

Oh do fuck off!

Quoted again for emphasis.. I understand businesses need to make money but this is just garbage.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2017, 12:47 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 12:03:
Firefighting video was unbelievable.

I wonder if I can find any other videos of how fast it swept through that area.. What I found weird was how many trees still looked untouched but everything around them was gone. Like I saw green thistles on a lot of those trees bordering the road..

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2017, 11:02 Tipsy McStagger

People in the USA are just starting to know what "Trailer Park Boys" is thanks to Netflix..

It's been a staple of hilarious canadian comedy for a while up in the great white north.. Mr. Lahey is a fantastic character in the show and John Dunsworth was a great actor and just a really nice guy all around. Sad day yesterday with his loss..

Do a Lahey chug in his memory.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released
2. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released Oct 17, 2017, 10:58 Tipsy McStagger

I was wrong, it isn't made by obsidian..

We'll see the reviews have to say..

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
37. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 15:43 Tipsy McStagger

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 14:16:
So who gets there first?

This games promise or Elite Dangerous w/Expansions?

Seems like they are headed to roughly the same place. Elite has a working model in the wild, just needs to keep adding.

And one of the best cockpit VR experiences you'll ever get with Elite.

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
5. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 11:52 Tipsy McStagger

While I get peoples gripes about Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 and Witcher 3..

These are still some of the best story RPGs I've ever seen. I mean Witcher 3 DLC's alone are worthy of 80$ each as they are fantastic.

I still loved #1 story.. Alvin you little bastard!

News Comments > ELEX Trailer
10. Re: ELEX Trailer Oct 11, 2017, 21:41 Tipsy McStagger

What the fuck was that? That trailer showed nothing but random pictures of sci-fi shit and no cohesive narrative of what the idea is..  

News Comments > Extinction Trailer
4. Re: Extinction Trailer Oct 11, 2017, 21:21 Tipsy McStagger

Actually looks pretty neat, except for the artwork looking like world of Warcraft orcs...  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2017, 11:07 Tipsy McStagger

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 10:38:
Oh yeah, look who's #1 in the global obesity chart! WOO!

USA! USA! USA!

There's not much difference between canadians and the americans in terms of diet, we basically have the same things.

I just find it interesting how fat americans are.. but it's not surprising when I can get all you can eat buffet at KFC for like 10$. You can't find that in canada..

News Comments > Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players
9. Re: Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players Oct 5, 2017, 13:02 Tipsy McStagger

Darks wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 12:38:
So, these morons are tallying the player count from the free weekend they just had. Isn't that just big of them to boast of those numbers when in fact, half of those who played it will not ever play it again since the free weekend is now over.

Hate companies that lie about the numbers when in reality they are not what they are saying they are.

HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

Sadly, idiots believe the hype.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2017, 18:14 Tipsy McStagger

Verno wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 14:05:
It's called BUSINESS. You don't survive without making a positive cash flow.

Bumping in here but what a strange argument. I'm the customer, I don't care about their cashflow. If you want me to care about their business, you can buy me some shares in it. They can always justify increased monetization with cashflow nonsense. There will never be enough for these companies. They all managed to exist before the microtransaction era by dealing with these things by properly costing their products. Something tells me they can still survive just fine without this sort of crap. They simply don't want to. They want as much money as possible. Ok fine, I'm never one to argue against fair profits but this type of thing should be regulated like gambling because that's what it is, glorified gambling.

It's now impossible to argue these things aren't affecting design negatively and I would also argue they are going to have some societal impact much like gambling if it isn't curtailed.

How does a free 2 play game get cash flow then? I know the point you're trying to make about them just charging a box price but seriously, it's free. You can enjoy it free.. You can not pay a cent. Free.. Completely Free. FREE.. it's a little slower to grind but FREE.

• FREE

• FREE
    FREE

Can't make it any more clear, not a sustainable business model unless some sort of micro transaction.

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode
    11. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 4, 2017, 13:04 Tipsy McStagger

Verno wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 12:31:
    Fuck the Creation Club, seriously. I've read into it and you know this isn't going anywhere good for gamers.

It's heading to monetization for modifications.

It used to to be, a good mod would get you employed and a profit cut on the standalone release(see counter strike or Team fortress or Dota)
    I have no problem with modders getting paid for their work, but I do have a problem with Bethesda taking a cut of it for Copyright bullshit reasons.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
    2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 4, 2017, 12:08 Tipsy McStagger

Pigeon wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 09:59:
    ‘As CEO I am responsible for what happens on my watch; out of my thousands of employees I failed to notice THAT GUY! *points to random schmuck eating a sandwich* didn’t do his job. One idiot screwing everything up, you can’t regulate that, or hold me or the company responsible in anyway, there’s absolutely nothing we could have done, so case closed, no need to dig into the company’s security habits or question why we’re allowed to collect so much personal information, cause it was all THAT GUY’S fault.’

Well the sacrificial goat has been offered let's see if the government eats it.

Government- "Good enough for me"
    *begins lynching*

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 4, 2017, 12:07 Tipsy McStagger

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 10:03:
    "Xbox Boss"
    XbossX

or

xXxBossxXx

Like in true L33T DUDE fashion.

News Comments > Op Ed
    28. Re: Into the Black Oct 2, 2017, 14:43 Tipsy McStagger

Redmask wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 09:02:
    Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 15:34:
    I'm the target audience for these things. I have enough disposable income, enough to say take up any hobby I want minus things like Horse Polo or Rally car driving as examples of mega rich hobbies but I don't have enough time to play more than maybe 2-3 hours every second day.

I'll say this, If I love a game and it gives me the ability to progress faster than a slug grind fest (Like for example planetside 2 with double exp and boosters) I'd have no problem dumping in a few hundred a year to progress, plus I'm loving the game. These are usually reserved to F2P games though and rely on the Employed Dad life to keep them going while the unemployed 12+ hours a day gamer can not pay anything and get free entertainment to grind away.

Or they could design the game to not be a fucking job. Making the hamster wheel spin faster is your solution? Fuck man, have some standards. I have plenty of disposable income but that doesn't mean I'm going to spend it all on an ever-increasing "progression wheel" in a video game. They will just keep slowing down that wheel, there is no endgame there.

I purposely left this part of the argument out because there's lots of variables to it. Yes, I do think they shouldn't have slog fests of grind games on the endless "Content" hamster wheel. In this example,, I found planetside 2 actually fun, didn't feel like a grind when you aren't playing it to unlock weapon x or whatever.

I absolutely hate daily quest type games, I like progression, I hate daily grinds.. Destiny was horrible for this and a reason I don't play those games.

The industry purposely puts in persistent online games with huge content grinds because theres always those people who grind out everything very quickly and complain about content. They also make money mills like planetside 2 which have incentives but you don't need to buy into it (It's free to play.. free to play... As in they have to make money somehow because those server bandwidths aren't cheap!) Even if Planetside 2 was not free to play, it would cost 60$ to buy the game then they still need to pay for bandwidth and server maintenance, which means they need a subscription.. It's called BUSINESS. You don't survive without making a positive cash flow.

News Comments > Op Ed
    15. Re: Op Ed Sep 29, 2017, 15:34 Tipsy McStagger

I'm the target audience for these things. I have enough disposable income, enough to say take up any hobby I want minus things like Horse Polo or Rally car driving as examples of mega rich hobbies but I don't have enough time to play more than maybe 2-3 hours every second day.

I'll say this, If I love a game and it gives me the ability to progress faster than a slug grind fest (Like for example planetside 2 with double exp and boosters) I'd have no problem dumping in a few hundred a year to progress, plus I'm loving the game. These are usually reserved to F2P games though and rely on the Employed Dad life to keep them going while the unemployed 12+ hours a day gamer can not pay anything and get free entertainment to grind away.

The other side, which is charging full price for a game then having money in the game to pay2win stuff kind of bugs me, same with DLCs being announced on release (Destiny). I do like DLC's as long as the content is deserving like a new game. But mostly, when they release a shitty broken game and the DLCs are what the game should have been (Evolve comes to mind?)

The biggest fix to the industry would be that if idiots stopped buying these shit titles on pre-order, it would weed out whats wrong with the gaming industry.

News Comments > Into the Black
    5. Re: Into the Black Sep 29, 2017, 13:22 Tipsy McStagger

Nullity wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 12:54:
    I probably shouldn't be admitting this in public, but here goes...

I love sci-fi. It is, without a doubt, my favorite genre. But I just don't like Blade Runner. It's almost universally regarded as the pinnacle of science fiction, but I find it painfully slow and boring. I've even seen all 3 of the versions previous mentioned (theatrical, director's, final), each time feeling excited when it begins that this is finally going to be the viewing where I "get it" and the movie is great. It never happens, and instead, I'm left wondering why I subjected myself to it again.

I like the actors, they all do a fine job. The cinematography and effects are amazing, even to this day. Yet the film as a whole just slogs and can barely hold my attention. I just don't find it interesting.

I've always had this feeling that I *want* to like this movie, but try as I might, I just can't. What is it I'm missing?

(And no, I'm not the type that only likes fast action and special effects. I love character development and great stories.)

Some people just don't like slow dramas.. they need constant in your face LOOK HERE LOOK HERE, Force feed information into their eye and ear holes.

Blade Runner makes you think, yeah it's a little slow but I think the movie is excellent, I was really bummed to hear they were making another one.. hope it actually turns out to be good.

News Comments > LawBreakers Free Weekend Underway
    11. Re: LawBreakers Free Weekend Underway Sep 29, 2017, 10:48 Tipsy McStagger

So it's probably a good FPS game isn't it? It's just that maybe the name "Lawbreakers" and it just trying to compete in a time where everyone is hopelessly addicted to the new "Quakeworld" or "Unreal" which is Battlefield/Overwatch/PUBG/Team Fortress 2 era is making their targeted demographic wondering "why bother playing?"

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2017, 10:55 Tipsy McStagger

RIP Hugh, thanks for all the articles.....  

1111 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 5.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo