Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1366 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer
7. Re: MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer Apr 18, 2018, 13:17 Tipsy McStagger

Orogogus wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 12:41:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 11:29:
While I think they'll get lots right.... I don't have any faith in PGI ability to program AI good enough.

People say this, but I feel like you generally a game like this doesn't need AI much more advanced than "run towards the player while shooting its guns" to carry a single player campaign. You're not going to have the AI pull feints or flanking maneuvers, things like that are done with event triggers.

Like, when I read the Wing Commander I strategy guide it laid out all these detailed flowcharts of how all the AI decides its maneuvers, but in practice it didn't really feel different from any shovelware shooter where everything's programmed to just fly at you and shoot.

It's not just that, that can be done fine with events and triggers like you said.. The issue is things like weak points in armor will not be favored (simple programming), no torso twists to protect weak points (weighted averages on sides), no peak and shoot cover mechanics (most fps shooters have cover and flank that don't turn out the best but still passable). Same things like this will make the game much better and you can "difficulty" slider all these things with how fast they react.

They've watched millions of metric points on MWO and the tactics but I guarantee you from the game play videos showing everything just driving right at them.

Looks like a locust right right into him and then goes "oops" and turns around.. Can't program radial orbits for fighting? 10 minutes of gameplay back in december

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 11:35 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2018, 11:27:
Check with your doctor to see if you're suffering from chronic sinusitis. You may need to see an ENT for that. I went through that last year several times. If you get antibiotics for it make sure you get doxycycline hyclate for it. I did a course of amoxicillin and amoxicillin with clavulanic acid and they didn't do bupkiss, whereas the DH cleared it right up and I haven't had a problem since.

Why can't you post more like this.. helpful and not bitching.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer
3. Re: MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Destruction Trailer Apr 18, 2018, 11:29 Tipsy McStagger

While I think they'll get lots right.... I don't have any faith in PGI ability to program AI good enough.  

News Comments > Boss Key Accuses Epic of Poaching
11. Re: Boss Key Accuses Epic of Poaching Apr 17, 2018, 07:53 Tipsy McStagger

I bet there's some buffer between cliff and the main grunt staff, like a few managers.

We all know cliff would be crazy toxic in his own company unless they did that. Dude is so fucking out of touch... Want to keep your employees? Couple things:
A) pay them a little more than they're worth
B) have leaders who help them grow
C) don't have a sinking ship

Don't blame other viable companies for offering those three items when you can't.

News Comments > New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced
11. Re: New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced Apr 13, 2018, 12:26 Tipsy McStagger

I've been sitting patiently waiting for the next generation of GPUs to land to build a new computer. My CPU is a i7-4700K, ram is 16 gigs DDR3 and using a 500 gig second generation Intel SSD with a 980 Ti.

Its been working well on everything so far but I'm looking at a full upgrade and the caveat is the next generation from 1080 Ti..

So people that are in the know for processors, how did the new intels versus ryzen fan out and do you see these overtaking?

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 1M
10. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 1M Apr 12, 2018, 17:59 Tipsy McStagger

The warhammer 40K talK:

I hope Total War gets IP material for Warhammer40K and makes a great Ranged combat Total War: Fenris type game. They'd have to reconfigure their engine but it could be absolutely glorious watching the 1000's of chaos cultists get mowed down by rhinos....

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 1M
4. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Sells 1M Apr 12, 2018, 13:18 Tipsy McStagger

the changes they made to this game are great compared to vermintide 1.

Vermintide 1 bugs were game breaking on highest difficulties. A missed hit detection swing on rhythm made it extremely hard to win.

This one has more forgiving bugs.. while some guys are still shooting through walls sometimes it's not as repeatable in every game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2018, 12:08 Tipsy McStagger

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 10:25:
LOL -- I thought for sure the story about an 11 year old racing prodigy was going to be about a horse. I figured they were just being goofy in the headline...

Good on her dad for being able to handle this but my god it's a dangerous sport.

I would like my 11 year old to be in sports were they can maybe break a leg or get a concussion not get completely torn in two.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2018, 11:14 Tipsy McStagger

Good luck collecting unless her ex was a multi millionaire.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Warmind Expansion Next Month
1. Re: Destiny 2 Warmind Expansion Next Month Apr 11, 2018, 21:15 Tipsy McStagger

I'll wait for a couple more expansions before going back.  

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2018, 14:39 Tipsy McStagger

Quboid wrote on Apr 11, 2018, 14:12:
Maybe read it again, this time not obsessing about whether or not men are being blamed.

"risk upsetting their business model by putting diversification first"
That's not what it says.

"DIVERSIFY NOW BECAUSE WE DEMAND IT!"
That's not what it says.

"is that the mens fault?"
That's not what it claims.

"can't take criticism"
That's not what it says.

"DIVERSIFY for the sake of DIVERSIFICATION"
That's not what it says.

"there's no conspiracy against it"

"companies don't need to start hiring only women"

"it's called progress and it doesn't happen overnight"
That *is* what it says.

You call out things that aren't there and your rebuttal is something that is there. Seriously, what are you reading? It's an article about *how* to increase diversity, not why, where are you getting the things that you highlight in allcaps?

That's the irony. You indulge in a paranoid fantasy about paranoid fantasies, describing your own imagination as "just stupid", thereby becoming one of the "crazy people" who make a problem out of nothing.

In a lot of ways you might be right. I did "fill in the blanks" in the objectiveness of the article.

You don't write an article like this without wanting more diversification. This is definitely a "I'm not trying to sound like a social justice warrior but...." type of article.

I'm just jaded like cutter and Prez about this topic.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2018, 14:00 Tipsy McStagger

Quboid wrote on Apr 11, 2018, 12:12:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 11, 2018, 11:48:
Didn't actually read the article because these just infuriate me with people complaining about stuff that is extremely stupid.

A)Writers who are women that don't play videogames won't write about shit that doesn't interest them.
B)If you think there's a huge problem, why not start your own website and start publishing it yourself you whiny little babies.

That's got absolutely nothing to do with the article. Even the blurb tells you that this is a woman writing on a video game website.

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 11, 2018, 11:48:
Crazy people always make problems out of nothing. NOTHING. There isn't this secret society of male writers that don't want female writers to take their jobs or something. That's just stupid.

Oh the irony...

Ended up reading the article and it made me mad. It just stinks of social justice warrior. DIVERSIFY NOW BECAUSE WE DEMAND IT! No company with a working business model is going to risk upsetting their business model by putting diversification first before skill and experience.

So her points are:
-Women don't apply for male dominated work force (and? is that the mens fault?)
-Women don't apply for jobs they aren't qualified for as often as men (mens fault?)
-"I do not think that a lack of female contributors necessarily indicates sexism or bias against women. But it does indicate a lack of effort in talent development, and a certain complacency that should urgently be addressed." So wait, they should hire more women just because they should hire more women?
-There's a lack of women in leadership roles in the industry (Probably because the talent is only coming on around now, there's more women playing video games now because society has changed over time, parents aren't forcing their girls to do ballet and putting them into all sports, it's called progress and it doesn't happen over night)
-Videogame writers get trolled often and lots of women quit because they can't deal (Derp, have they played video games? it's not like the targeted audience is highly educated people only, it's a shit mix of immature poor people to the filthy rich whales with no time) This shit happens to males too. In my industry of Engineering which is male dominated, guy who can't take criticism for when problems/disagreements happen don't last long.

There is no problem here. A problem indicates something that needs to be fixed. This doesn't NEED to be fixed, this whole article is the point of trying to DIVERSIFY for the sake of DIVERSIFICATION.

Over time, these women who applied to a male dominated work force will become the leaders, there's no conspiracy against it. These companies don't need to start hiring only women. It'll slowly go that way anyways over time while the talent pool grows and the smart dedicated ones want to get ahead.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2018, 11:48 Tipsy McStagger

Didn't actually read the article because these just infuriate me with people complaining about stuff that is extremely stupid.

A)Writers who are women that don't play videogames won't write about shit that doesn't interest them.
B)If you think there's a huge problem, why not start your own website and start publishing it yourself you whiny little babies.

Crazy people always make problems out of nothing. NOTHING. There isn't this secret society of male writers that don't want female writers to take their jobs or something. That's just stupid.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 10, 2018, 13:29 Tipsy McStagger

I find almost all news agencies have their own "agenda" when it comes to reporting the news. This is what's spawned the term "Fake news".

It's all done for clicks and website ad revenue. Someone will say Trump called them "Shithole countries" and the news will jump on board of broadcasting about this for weeks. Why? Because the average viewer is so fucking stupid and brainwashed into left this/right this, "GUN CONTROL! REPUBLICANS R DUMB! HURRR and DEMOCRATS WANNA KILL OUR GREAT NATION", that you guys don't see just how dumb this news actually is and full of holes. By the end of the week, most people are 100% convinced that Trump said "Shithole countries" instead of someone mistakenly hearing "Turn that country into a shithole".

I get that he most likely said it, but the point is that news agencies grab onto these stories for dear life it seems and beat into people the wrong information without addressing that it could be completely wrong.

Since I'm canadian, I'll give some canadian examples:

Right now we have tons of news about Kinder Morgan Pipeline, which indirectly affects my life as I live in Alberta and work Oil and Gas and my employment usually falls under being able to have pipeline capacity to move products to ports/refineries. This pipeline was the hardest ever to approve, they went through years of studies/litigation/federal bullshit to get it approved. It's probably the safest damn pipeline in the world at this point.

The CBC sucks Liberal diiick because the CBC is government funded and they know the Conservatives (Basically northern republicans) have tried to cut funding for them lots. Which is what needs to happen IMHO.

I'm going to link some CBC articles because even though they have an agenda, they are usually pretty close to center on it.

Kinder Morgan News
There's a very vocal group of protestors who have been blowing up all over the news about "Damage to our eco-system, poison to our tourism" etc etc.
They did this stupid tanker ban along the coast.
Tanker Ban initial talks, didn't feel like looking up the other stuff
Here's a 2015 presentation about the tanker exclusion zone, Pilotage required for tankers and other metrics about current movement of oil.
[url=http://www.emaofbc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Rossi-EMA_Presentation_FINAL_WS.pdf]Transporting LNG: An Overview of
West Coast Tanker Traffic Issues[/url]

So currently, we have lots of tankers going in and out of ports in B.C. The new pipeline would increase traffic but ultimately have the same regulations in place. This pipeline has already been running for 30+ years and they are "Twinning" it.. Increasing capacity.

Yet, there's maybe a maximum of 40,000 people (That's being CRAZY generous) against this. It gets lots of news and a bunch of idiots; who don't even understand that their tooth brushes and Tooth paste, computers, paints on their walls, cars, bike tires, bike parts, electrical cable insulation, medical drugs, hospital equipment, life saving devices like EPIPENS and Defibrillator and a million other crazy useful things are possible because of oil products; just want to protest "Oil is bad" and contribute nothing to the human race other than saying "DON'T DO THAT"

40,000 people isn't even 0.25% of canadian population. There's currently 75,000 people unemployed in Calgary alone based off Stats canada. Those 75,000 people are directly affected by oil revenue. No ones buying new cars/going out to eat/spending money on entertainment if both household incomes were laid off by employers.
It's completely mind blowing that such a small amount of stupid can be allowed to hinder.

All this because a few trendy newspapers blow up with their "Fake news" agenda about how bad oil is and the uneducated masses go full on lynch mode by hanging themselves.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 10, 2018, 11:17 Tipsy McStagger

Ouch, that's embarrassing.

News Comments > GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time
4. Re: GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time Apr 9, 2018, 11:09 Tipsy McStagger

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 10:58:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 10:36:
and I still haven't played it..... Laugh2

The story mode is pretty spectacular. I didnít find the multiplayer very engaging, as the shooting/driving is vastly inferior to more focused titles. If you can get it on sale, the single player is worth going through.

The worst part.... I OWN IT!!!

Just haven't gotten around to playing it! Lol_dies

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Apr 9, 2018, 11:01 Tipsy McStagger

Lots of people don't like Mass Effect 3, i thought it was pretty crap until they changed it and then I was fine with it.

The most disappointing game I can remember was RAGE. It was like it ended 80% of the way through and never actually ended.

I see this as the time I realized that ID software is dead.. until DOOM and totally redeemed themselves.

News Comments > GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time
2. Re: GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time Apr 9, 2018, 10:36 Tipsy McStagger

and I still haven't played it..... Laugh2  

News Comments > Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam
13. Re: Get Crusader Kings Free Thorough Steam Apr 6, 2018, 12:49 Tipsy McStagger

This is a great move to hook people for 100$ of DLCS...

You're thinking, how could that possibly be tru.... Laugh2

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans
4. Re: Sea of Thieves Planning Content Plans Apr 6, 2018, 11:59 Tipsy McStagger

Prez wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 10:55:
Jesus tap-dancing Christ - why would you release a game that has almost nothing to do in it beyond look at the pretty waves and not have at least begun work on adding content? How in the hell could anyone have thought that was a good idea for anyone, the players, the developers, the shareholders... My god you really have to wonder about the games industry these days.

This might be my favorite comment on blues in the last couple months.

1366 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo