Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1435 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2018, 14:26 Tipsy McStagger

Kxmode wrote on Jun 26, 2018, 13:30:
I believe this build will run 60FPS at 4K with most settings set to high or maxed. Can anyone confirm?

Ignore the missing components like the power supply. I plan on cannibalizing those from my current machine.

It's better to talk on tomshardware about this stuff. That's a high end build but I would wait a few months because the next generation of Geforce is supposed to be coming. the 1180 basically. I'm currently running an i7-4700k, noctua DH-14 fan, 16 GIGs of old slow DDR3, a first or second generation intel 480 gig SSD (it works great) and a GeForce 980Ti and I'm running pretty muche everything on ultra at 1080p. I'm currently waiting for the next generation of geforce to do a build pretty much exactly like that (K processor instead of the base 8700). 4K 60 FPS is hard to get with most games even with a 1080 Ti.. which is why you should wait a little and go for the next generation. Current benchmarks are showing usual FPS on ultra for those games at 4K around 40fps.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2018, 10:40 Tipsy McStagger

I watched a "documentary" on a family a few years ago that moved across the USA to Colorado to gain access to cannabidiol to treat their son who suffered these seizures. His seizures dropped to almost non-existant on the stuff. They were saying it's mental how this isn't a prescribed treatment.. Well guess they can move back if they want to shortly.

Personally, I think there's a ton of bullshit surrounding how much of a medical miracle marijuana is but there are definitely some good things buried under that bullshit.

News Comments > Neverwinter: Ravenloft Launches
1. Re: Neverwinter: Ravenloft Launches Jun 26, 2018, 10:32 Tipsy McStagger

at first I was like "OMG A NEW PARTY RPG?" then I realized its for the MMO and I was disappointed.

News Comments > Morning Patches
5. Re: Morning Patches Jun 25, 2018, 15:36 Tipsy McStagger

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 25, 2018, 14:29:
Whenever I read about Dwarf Fortress, it sounds really cool... But then I remember playing that game is like looking at the raw feed of the Matrix.

So you can download texture modifiers for it. It changes them to sprites which work really well but really slow down the world in large maps with tons of dwarves.

I'd recommend those.

Lazy Newb Pack

Starter Pack and Tutorials

It's too bad he doesn't do a kickstarter to try and overhaul the engine and make it into a more GUI friendly game. he's got all the 15+ years of code structure there.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Jun 25, 2018, 13:28 Tipsy McStagger

More dwarf fortress!

Honestly, that game is pretty awesome if you can get past the ASCII graphics but the biggest problem I always found was the military was poorly implemented. It needs a better overhaul.

News Comments > MechWarrior Lawsuit Settled
1. Re: MechWarrior Lawsuit Settled Jun 22, 2018, 18:21 Tipsy McStagger

Well this a whole lot of no information.

Meaning they ended up paying them something I'm guessing for them to be "NDA" like that.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2018, 17:11 Tipsy McStagger

Beamer wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 14:16:
As an aside, I caught Jurassic World: Revenge of the Fallen last night. I'd say it was better than Jurassic World (a movie that was passable the first viewing but got infinitely worse each additional - it was a terrible film), but a worse Jurassic Park movie. It felt small and closed, rather than large and epic. It had nothing to say, not that Jurassic World did. It was a somewhat effective, but far too long, horror movie.

Some points:
  • For reasons I don't understand, the main theme is operatic. Actual opera singing. It made no sense, and was so out of place. So much of the music was so out of place. It didn't understand the type of movie

• Everyone is dumb. Everyone. Apparently only Jeff Goldblum remembers that the dinosaurs keep getting loose and killing everyone. No, they're cute and snuggly and let's love them forever!

• The movie does try to make them cute and snuggly. At times

• Speaking of Jeff Goldblum, he's shoe-horned in. Literally. One scene, cut in half. And an afterthought. How do you know it's an afterthought? The opening scene ends with a door half open. It then cuts to the Goldblum scene. It then cuts to a scene with Dallas Howard pushing through a half open door. Clearly those two doors were supposed to be cut together, but ended split, and ineffective for it

• Speaking of making dinosaurs cuddly, the velociraptor gets one of those slow-motion dives away from an explosion that action heroes got a ton of in the 80s, like Bruce Willis. I laughed way too hard at the movie

• Once again, there's a child, but this one isn't as annoying, even if her timeline is confusing

• One of the big villains dies in the dumbest way possible, with something hardly set up

• This is one of those movies where a giant predator attacks two helpless prey, gets attacked by another giant predator, and rather than focus on the new threat, keeps going after the prey

• This movie still thinks dinosaurs are endless eating machines and will kill and eat as many humans as they can

• This is a movie where people can run through a literal maze that no other human in their right mind would even think of going through, then turn around and see their friend, who they'd been separated from, somehow tracked them through it like it was nothing

• Finally, there is another stupid callout to the end of JP, when the T-Rex saved the humans and roared. It was kind of cute when JW did it. But, c'mon, again? Maybe it would have worked had it happened three or four times in the film, like a gag, but instead it's just cheap and dumb

• Bad JP movie, decent horror movie (if an hour too long), mostly vapid. No one will be doing repeat viewings of this like with JP. You see it once, and nothing to go back to. No wonder, just monsters.

Did you expect anything more? at this point it's just a really shitty hollywood milk fest.. since Jurrasic Park is #28 on all time highest grossing, Jurassic world is currently #5.. they're trying to MILK MILK MILK.

People are dumb, people enjoy dumb movies. I watch movies based on how they are supposed to be watched (Funny stupid movies are supposed to be funny stupid.. like why argue logic and realism in "CRANK" for example). So all jurassic movies are meant to be a serious drama.. the first one did it really well, the rest have all been comedy of errors and stupidity. If you made a theme park of giant dinosaurs, you wouldn't have hilariously bad containment plans for example. Things like opening the most giant of gates to see if the dinosaur is still in there.. LOL.

Anyways, the point is.. hollywood will keep making horrible movies as long as people keep paying to go see them.

News Comments > Gears Tactics Catch-up and Gears of War 5 PC Details
    9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 21, 2018, 14:29 Tipsy McStagger

Beamer wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 13:12:
    Take The Witcher 3. I jumped in late. It was still great. I didn't really feel any need to go back and play 200 hours of somewhat obsolete game.

Witcher 1 has bad combat but a pretty good story, Witcher 2 introduced the best character in the witcher series. Letho of Gulet, who I hope they make a game about.

Don't need to play them to get into the story of witcher 3 but they certainly were good stories on their own.

As for Gears of War. I bought an Xbox to play Gears of War when it first came out. Loved it. Pretty simple story: Humans dig really deep down for "Emulsion" as a fuel source, end up pissing off a whole new species that lives deep underground on earth who then surface and try to kill all the humans. Humans are barely holding on fighting these things.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
    1. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 21, 2018, 11:03 Tipsy McStagger

Well that was an article on nothing but the CEOS loving medieval stuff.

Interested in seeing what he wants to make if it ever pans out.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
    9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 20, 2018, 16:41 Tipsy McStagger

ledhead1969 wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 16:09:
    Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 15:23:
    Nofactor97 wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 15:08:
    I laughed so hard when that was the first comment I read on the article.

Horrible way to capture an audience as it immediately made me close my browser.

Writers can't help but put their own views on their pieces, much like you can't change your mannerisms in speech.

She's a professor at harvard law school and I bet her life has been met with a lot of male challenge.

Can give her a little bit of a break on this one as it's just describing the setting I think, it's not like she's writing about female protagonists in video games being absent and this is some SJW topic. It's a good little article actually.

"professor at harvard"

or

"life...is a challenge"

Pick one.

I actually don't understand what you're trying to convey here..

Are you saying you can't be a professor at harvard law school and cannot be challenged by male sexism at the same time?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
    6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 20, 2018, 15:23 Tipsy McStagger

Nofactor97 wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 15:08:
    I laughed so hard when that was the first comment I read on the article.

Horrible way to capture an audience as it immediately made me close my browser.

Writers can't help but put their own views on their pieces, much like you can't change your mannerisms in speech.

She's a professor at harvard law school and I bet her life has been met with a lot of male challenge.

Can give her a little bit of a break on this one as it's just describing the setting I think, it's not like she's writing about female protagonists in video games being absent and this is some SJW topic. It's a good little article actually.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2018, 13:39 Tipsy McStagger

Cram wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 11:34:
    I am looking to obtain a license to sell Cannabis in my Liquor Store in British Columbia. Despite what's happening in Ottawa, there are so many unanswered questions and things yet to be figured out both Provincially and Federally. An excerpt from ABLE BC, who represents Private Liquor Stores in BC:

"Although cannabis is about to be legalized federally, there are still many unanswered questions about how cannabis will be retailed in British Columbia. We are currently engaging with the province and various municipalities to get members the clarity they need to evaluate the business and investment decisions inherent to opening a cannabis retail business in their communities. Members should bear in mind that, while today's vote is the final federal step in authorizing legalization, it remains but the first step in a lengthy licensing process that has not yet been articulated. We will continue to monitor this situation closely and to advocate for your interests in the days ahead."

There is no news at all about taxes, they don't know yet (provinces or federally). It's a gong show of confusion right now.

Don't expect to see licensed legal distribution of Cannabis in Canada anytime soon, and expect to continue seeing dispensaries being shut down in the meantime. In BC, the BC LDB (Liquor Distribution Board) will supply 'licensees' with licenses and product - they have not even begun developing the systems required to do this. Each province is still working on developing their distribution model - no one has one finished yet.

It's still very early, this bill getting passed is the first step, they added regulations that gave the provinces quite a bit of power and the provinces are going to lag on the regulations for at least 6 months I'd say.

Manitoba and Saskatchewan will probably be the first to get the regulations through, they seem to be keaners on this stuff.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2018, 12:26 Tipsy McStagger

Part of the massive military budget being diverted to space technology? Sounds like a win for humans.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed
    5. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Delayed Jun 19, 2018, 12:11 Tipsy McStagger

This is better than them rushing to finish a piece of shit.

I hope they surprise me and release a really good game actually.

News Comments > Into the Black
    11. Re: Into the Black Jun 19, 2018, 01:17 Tipsy McStagger

$3,883.74

Which considering it's my second account (first account was only halflife orange box), 10 years of service and only 3884$ is pretty good.

520$ canadian a year.. I spend more than that per month on utilties lol.

News Comments > WHO Classifies "Gaming Disorder"
    5. Re: WHO Classifies Jun 18, 2018, 11:57 Tipsy McStagger

Frijoles wrote on Jun 18, 2018, 11:27:
    If you sit on a bucket to take a shit instead of getting up from the PC because you're playing a game, you have a gaming disorder.

I can see how people dying in internet cafes honestly need some sort of new mental health diagnosis maybe...

but I wonder if this will be a broad diagnosis now.. I mean I used to spend 12 hours playing games when I was super broke teenager/university student.. these days i'm lucky to get 12 hours in an entire week lol. I guess I'm a survivor of "Gaming Disorder" #meGamingToo?

News Comments > Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Trailer
    6. Re: Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 15:50 Tipsy McStagger

Nullity wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 13:18:
    Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 13:14:
    I look at this and think.. WHy not a horde mode? it would be so easy to do and fun.
    They added a horde-like mode with the last DLC, Warmind. It's called Escalation Protocol.

Well at least we're on the same page then.. I haven't played D2 since week 3 of release. Was so butthurt by how badly they milked it from Destiny 1 into this horrible mess.

News Comments > LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September
    14. Re: LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September Jun 13, 2018, 15:48 Tipsy McStagger

Sepharo wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 13:36:
    And when he started this BR clone 4 years ago... what would he be cloning?

Good point, hard to see in the future but there were examples of this from quake 3 arena "last man standing" mods back in the day. I remember playing something similar to a battle royale back in Quake 2.

Obviously this is early 2000 and it took till ~2016ish with PUBG and The Culling to really catapult this genre.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Trailer
    3. Re: Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Trailer Jun 13, 2018, 13:14 Tipsy McStagger

I look at this and think.. WHy not a horde mode? it would be so easy to do and fun.  

News Comments > LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September
    8. Re: LawBreakers Goes F2P; Ending in September Jun 13, 2018, 13:13 Tipsy McStagger

Blizzard games can't be put into the same category as Lawbreakers type games.

There's crazy fanboy syndrome and crazy amounts of money to funnel.

I never played Lawbreakers but I feel bad for CliffyB.. dude just was so out of touch of what the game market is like. He would have been much better off making a battle royale clone from the start i think because he had the talent to make it pretty good.

1435 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 4.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo