Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1106 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Rousey Nov 6, 2017, 10:45 Tipsy McStagger

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 10:16:
Rousey once spent $1,300 on WoW cards for the chance to get a rare mount, but unfortunately for her, it didn't work out.

How is this NOT gambling, exactly?

It's full on gambling. There's no valid argument against it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 10:40 Tipsy McStagger

surprised it's only 15.8 million.. everyone i know is talking about it.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced
1. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 3, 2017, 16:03 Tipsy McStagger

Well they certainly are listening to what the people want I guess...

15 man General Drakisath raids for blue gear! WOOT!

News Comments > Nioh: Complete Edition Trailer
1. Re: Nioh: Complete Edition Trailer Nov 2, 2017, 11:23 Tipsy McStagger

So many games I want to play.. so little time....

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Nov 1, 2017, 17:45 Tipsy McStagger

Fion wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 13:49:
Sounds like a boring game to me. IMHO games have largely become too easy in the last decade or more. I'm not asking for the high difficulty and frequent deaths of early games - which were designed that way to bring in more quarters - but I enjoy games most if they provide a challenge. Some of my favorite games in recent years have been the Dark Souls series, for this reason.

For the record, since the article talks about the difficulty of Doom and using cheats to make it easier. I wasn't 7 when doom came out, more like 17. But I beat Doom on Nightmare, without cheats. Why? For the challenge, and the bragging rights among friends.

But did you beat doom2 on nightmare? the impossible last level to do without cheats... go up the lift and jump/miss the damn brain every time.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Sephora Nov 1, 2017, 15:34 Tipsy McStagger

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 15:31:
And that is how you convince your boyfriend you're not cheating on him AND try to get a little something-something in the process.

Haha, I thought that too..

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2017, 12:32 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 12:15:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 10:28:
The drifting women story keeps getting weirder. They also had a sat phone but dropped it in the water. Yeah right.

Is this a social media publicity stunt, a book writing deal or a movie rights funding scam.
#rescue #feminism
Not beating a dead horse because this horse ain't dead, yet.
In this video Jennifer Appel says "Had they not been able to locate us we would have been dead in 24 hours."
Whereas the Follow-Up link blue posted has this: “We asked why during this course of time did they not activate the EPIRB. She had stated they never felt like they were truly in distress, like in a 24-hour period they were going to die,” said Coast Guard spokeswoman Petty Officer 2nd Class Tara Molle, who was on the call to the AP with Carr.
Ignoring the "storm they encountered", obvious health of the women and 2 dogs including lack of weight loss, this story doe not jibe in my book. But I could be wrong.

It's getting pretty weird, could totally see this as a couple crazies looking for their fifteen minutes of fame and profit type of affair.

You would think they would have planned their story better..

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 13:40 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 13:26:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 12:12:
Re: women lost at sea... wtf, they were on a sailboat. Don't sail out into the pacific if you aren't experienced with navigation and sailing, and apparently no sat-phone. They got extremely lucky to be finally rescued. Satellite phones rarely have 100% coverage, but it's better than relying on emergency radio frequencies that no longer have organized monitoring by any country or company, and have extremely limited range anyway. If you only have a radio, you're relying on random ships/planes passing by who are ALSO randomly listening to the correct frequency.
Nothing wrong with going out in a sailboat, they were prepared for most eventualities but an engine loss combined w/broken mast, yikes. At least they had a years worth of food. Should have had not just a sat phone but an emergency beacon which do almost have 100% coverage. wiki ACR GlobalFix Pro 406 2844 EPIRB Category II Rescue Beacon with Manual Release Bracket and Built-in GPS

Good links, learning things today which is always what I like.

Thanks Blue for that awesome story of those ladies lost at sea.. good friday feels today. I'm glad they didn't go full retard, they did stock for a lot of food which ultimately is why they survived.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 27, 2017, 13:31 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 13:15:
That's just PR for an interview everything we've seem from their actions demonstrate he's just another self-entitled douchebag that feels this is owed to him and that he somehow invented this genre even though it's been around literally for several thousand years as a game for children and wargames for armies. That alone would ever preclude me from giving these jackasses dime one.

Do you ever have nice things to say?

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Free Content
3. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free Content Oct 26, 2017, 12:26 Tipsy McStagger

Darks wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 12:09:
Like the game, but hate the devs underhanded money grabbing nickle and diming tactics over DLC.

I know what you're saying, but I played well over 300 hours of Total War: Warhammer and I felt like I got my money worth big time.

Is there any other "army simulation" games that do it better also?

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Oct 23, 2017, 11:20 Tipsy McStagger

All I play now is single player games...

News Comments > Morning Patches
3. Re: Morning Patches Oct 19, 2017, 15:45 Tipsy McStagger

I was playing through daggerfall a few months ago because I missed it on original release. It is pretty damn hard.

Anyways, I'm amazed at how complex and crazy their dungeons are.. It's insane how easily it is to get lost where you have to actually follow the "Right turns only" kind of logic.

News Comments > LawBreakers All-Star Update
19. Re: LawBreakers All-Star Update Oct 19, 2017, 15:40 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 15:24:
It will pay dividends on their next game (assuming they survive this one): "These guys really support their games!"

At the end of this all... if they survive this is the point that will actually matter.

I can't fault their conviction on it.. but I can certain question their sanity.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Preloads
25. Re: Destiny 2 Preloads Oct 19, 2017, 14:43 Tipsy McStagger

I have a bungie fanatic in my office that books a month off whenever they release a new game (he's a console fanboy.. that's ok by me)

He just came back and said "Bungie fucked this up, it's such a horrible grind fest, I didn't think they could make the 2nd one worse than the first one but they definitely did and its nowhere near as fun "

So that's his opinion but that opinion from a blinded fanboy who I've argued with a lot about bungie games that when he says its bad, I feel like I should steer clear.

News Comments > LawBreakers All-Star Update
5. Re: LawBreakers All-Star Update Oct 19, 2017, 11:11 Tipsy McStagger

I'm confused... are they just trying to light all their money on fire?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 11:22 Tipsy McStagger

Why didn't I have a teacher like that in Highschool?

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
10. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 11:13 Tipsy McStagger

Moog wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 09:52:
For instance, the microtransaction engine may match a more expert/marquee player with a junior player to encourage the junior player to make game-related purchases of items possessed/used by the marquee player

Oh do fuck off!

Quoted again for emphasis.. I understand businesses need to make money but this is just garbage.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2017, 12:47 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 12:03:
Firefighting video was unbelievable.

I wonder if I can find any other videos of how fast it swept through that area.. What I found weird was how many trees still looked untouched but everything around them was gone. Like I saw green thistles on a lot of those trees bordering the road..

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2017, 11:02 Tipsy McStagger

People in the USA are just starting to know what "Trailer Park Boys" is thanks to Netflix..

It's been a staple of hilarious canadian comedy for a while up in the great white north.. Mr. Lahey is a fantastic character in the show and John Dunsworth was a great actor and just a really nice guy all around. Sad day yesterday with his loss..

Do a Lahey chug in his memory.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released
2. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released Oct 17, 2017, 10:58 Tipsy McStagger

I was wrong, it isn't made by obsidian..

We'll see the reviews have to say..

1106 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo