Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1111 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Play Coming to EVE Online
22. Re: Free Play Coming to EVE Online Sep 14, 2016, 15:37 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 16:35:
Also, I've heard that people can essentially play for free by selling ISK? Is that partly driving this?

You can play for free by buying "PLEX" with in game currency. PLEX is only generated when someone spends real cash to buy PLEX and sell it for ingame currency. Basically it's a cash for gold but legal and made by the developers.

The issue is, it takes roughly 1 week of work to pay for a PLEX so some people love this and some people hate it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud
24. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 13:20 Tipsy McStagger

Creston wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 13:06:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 11:42:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 11:07:
How the fuck is this a good thing? If you own the game, reguardless of where you purchased it your review should count.

If you can come up with a better way of blocking fake reviews, please post it. It's a very hard problem to solve everywhere on the internet right now.

Different keys? GMG and other resellers get one type of key, free dev keys are a different type of key.

Would this be a function of the developer or valve? I think it's developer scope so it would be difficult to enforce since the developer could say that these range of algorithm keys are for steam but they could give them away.

Remember, most of these fake reviews are done to sell more titles, not to commit review terrorism onto other games

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud
15. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 11:42 Tipsy McStagger

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 11:07:
How the fuck is this a good thing? If you own the game, reguardless of where you purchased it your review should count.

If you can come up with a better way of blocking fake reviews, please post it. It's a very hard problem to solve everywhere on the internet right now.

News Comments > Otherland Launches
3. Re: Otherland Launches Sep 9, 2016, 15:42 Tipsy McStagger

Impossible to even track MMO's these days... just popping up everywhere.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2016, 12:06 Tipsy McStagger

Verno wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 10:11:
“There’s a tendency sometimes to go a little beyond the spiritual mysticism in the movie into actual magic,” he explained. “They can’t have any actual magic, because it’s not a universe that allows for true magic. But it definitely exists in a kind of a mystical, spiritual realm. The films do, and the show definitely does as well. It was that kind of creative conversation.”

James Cameron is so far up his own ass that he's nearing day light again.

while I understand what he's talking about because the first avatar was like native american spiritual beliefs but with actual weird hair connection not peyote and wacky tobaccy.

It's just another one of those artsy type conversations where a guy is trying to go really deep to sound better(?)

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
10. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 7, 2016, 23:06 Tipsy McStagger

bigspender wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 21:42:
Don't you just hate it when the energy readings go off the charts?

Absolutely,

but it's a reference to old analog measurement when the needle would actually go farther than the gauge would allow. You can have this in a digital form as well when you put a limit on your digital HMI and it would just read the maximum or error out.

Its poor dramatic writing but I'm still looking forward to this game.

News Comments > Interplay IPs for Sale
10. Re: Interplay IPs for Sale Sep 7, 2016, 22:58 Tipsy McStagger

NKD wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 21:55:
Please sell Freespace to someone

this!!

Freespace 2 was an AMAZING game. The multiplayer missions were so fucking good too.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
14. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 4, 2016, 16:00 Tipsy McStagger

The only thing I wanted was squadron 42.. so let's hope it makes it out and is pretty good and the multiplayer persistent universe will probably fail horribly.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Free and Paid DLC
11. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free and Paid DLC Sep 2, 2016, 15:46 Tipsy McStagger

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 14:07:
Yeah the game is a lot of fun But I am not talking about board-game, I am talking about lore relevant units, units that would make your beastmen actually part of the world and give you real options in battles. A few of them might be really expensive (animation and art wise) to put into the game though, and that is really the only reason they are not in I guess.

And for Skaven that is just such a diverse race that it would be really sad if they didn't go that extra mile to make it a proper addition to the world, and not just 2 stacks sitting in nowhere.

Btw, from a Warhammer game you should expect that people want it to follow the Warhammer lore at least somewhat

We can expect them to milk the cow on alternate lore units over time. I'm fine with this because I really don't need to pick up every DLC (I purchased every one so far except blood for the blood god because it's just extra gore.. wooptie doo)

What I'm hoping for, is they keep trying to balance the game but the truth is.. they seem to be trying to rush this money train of content right now because this latest DLC is pretty horribly imbalanced.

9. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free and Paid DLC Sep 2, 2016, 13:44 Tipsy McStagger

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 11:43:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 11:27:
They didn't fuck up with the beastmen dlc? Are you referring to price? I've gotten a good 70 hours out of Beastmen DLC for 28$ canadian.. its worth the cash.

Nah, as a major Warhammer fan, I refer to the unit roster being like swiss cheese aka full of holes and the mini campaign totally halfassed nonsense + an AI faction that, if you don't play beastmen yourself, barely manages to survive 10 turns. Also the beastmen don't have a "waagh" in the lore... so wth is their army meter acting like the orcish one?

What the heavens did you do 70 hours with beastmen btw? play and complete the grand campaign? If so, kudos, but yeah I should have clarified

First and Foremost, the game shouldn't have to mirror exact lore because that would make it not fun and workable in this type of game.

Lots of factions don't have boardgame units because well, it needs to be balanced to the other factions and fun.

Empire Knights destroying your Ungor heards? Put some spearmen up.... Heavily Armored Dwarves wrecking your ungors/gors because of lack of armor piercing? Get some giants/minotaurs/beastigors going.

I keep seeing on another forum I go to all these boardgame fools complaining about how it doesn't follow the lore exactly.
As someone who:
-hasn't played Warhammer fantasy boardgame ever
-Played a couple total war games that i really didn't enjoy that much

This game is incredibly fun, i'm a couple hundred hours into this and it's really delaying my Deus Ex series playthrough because I'm just not finished with the amount of content it has.

Last night, started my Chaos run.. got curb stomped at turn 50 on very hard. Made a couple bad moves stretching myself too thin against the norsecans which you have to beat down into submission. Well that really weakened them and maybe I should have gone elsewhere.

7. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free and Paid DLC Sep 2, 2016, 11:27 Tipsy McStagger

Simon Says wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 04:17:
Still no siege battles?

There's been siege battles from the start... Take a look

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 08:21:
Yeah at this point I am waiting for a major sale on these, 50% or more... and hopefully they don't fuck up the Skaven DLC as they did with the beastmen..

They didn't fuck up with the beastmen dlc? Are you referring to price? I've gotten a good 70 hours out of Beastmen DLC for 28$ canadian.. its worth the cash.

News Comments > EverQuest Expansion Announced
1. Re: EverQuest Expansion Announced Sep 2, 2016, 11:25 Tipsy McStagger

another expansion? holy shit...

I've been thinking how much I miss this game recently but I'm sure it won't be what I remember. Vanilla EQ ruled.

2. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free and Paid DLC Sep 2, 2016, 00:19 Tipsy McStagger

This is the worst DLC they've done. Expect a nerf bat to hit this soon because Vlad is stupidly overpowered.  

5. Re: Free Play Coming to EVE Online Aug 31, 2016, 15:12 Tipsy McStagger

El Pit wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 14:49:
Maybe they need this to have some noobies that the paying veterans can easily shoot down to feel godlike?

That's not how this game works. It's paper rock and scissors and numbers game. There are certain ships which are quite imbalanced for a period of time but they end up putting in a direct counter to these and nerfing the ships pretty good.

A fleet of t1 frigates in the cheapest modules can take down guys in expensive ships.

Also, all veterans want new players to teach the game and to act as tacklers as well. All veterans want is lots of conflict to keep the game interesting. War time is fun.

1. Re: Free Play Coming to EVE Online Aug 31, 2016, 13:44 Tipsy McStagger

Limited free to play:
-Most likely no cyno skills
-no transport skills
-no marketing/trade skills.
The above only affects us bitter veterans who wanted free accounts to move around the map easier

Meaning it's meant for people to get into the game, can do most things very well and effectively. It might actually generate more players in eve actually and give us bitter veterans more conflict and things to shoot at. So this could be a great time for Eve

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2016, 12:39 Tipsy McStagger

I honestly believe that this will never stop. People are just too responsive to Hype.  

News Comments > Black Desert Online Expands
1. Re: Black Desert Online Expands Aug 31, 2016, 12:38 Tipsy McStagger

Mmmm desserts...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2016, 11:18 Tipsy McStagger

The Lord Inquisitor Movie:

I've been following this on facebook for years now. It's basically a one man team doing this and then some people helping to animate and music/voices.

The 9 minute "prologue" looks amazing, but the face animations and the voices are off. I was a little disappointed but really, what else could you expect from a one man show?

Anyways, I really hope somehow this gets some hollywood notice and GW can actually get a deal with getting a proper movie done because I would love to see a warhammer 40k movie thats well done.

News Comments > GOD EATER 2: RAGE BURST Released
3. Re: GOD EATER 2: RAGE BURST Released Aug 30, 2016, 23:40 Tipsy McStagger

Task wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 22:56:
Not really sure I understand what this game is about, looks like Monster Hunter except Anime-style ramped up. Huge weapons killing huge monsters, also I didn't see anything 'inappropriate' in the trailer or pictures on that steam page.

exactly what i thought.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - The Turing Test
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - The Turing Test Aug 30, 2016, 23:39 Tipsy McStagger

Trying to be the next portal. Might have potential  

1111 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo