Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1111 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned - Undead Released
2. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned - Undead Released Oct 26, 2016, 12:59 Tipsy McStagger

I have this in my game queue but heard there's some serious roll issues with the game where your guy can have a 80% chance to parry and never actually parry for 1/100 hits.

Anyone heard of this?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Preloads
12. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Preloads Oct 26, 2016, 04:00 Tipsy McStagger

never got very far in the original game.. plus i found the combat to be fun and challenging at first and then drab and boring after 20 hours or so.

guessing modifications will have issues for a few weeks anyways so i should skip this till mid november.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailer
3. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailer Oct 24, 2016, 14:22 Tipsy McStagger

I never played Watch Dogs 1 because people said it wasn't very good.

Is it even worth a play through?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 24, 2016, 13:08 Tipsy McStagger

We started using drone cameras to take construction photos of oil & gas installations for progress reporting presentations.

It works extremely well.

Refineries,Batteries,Well pads, etc..

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 24, 2016, 00:48 Tipsy McStagger

how was the technomancer for story anyways?  

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released
13. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI Released Oct 21, 2016, 13:17 Tipsy McStagger

How's the religion spam in this?

It was horrible in the last one.

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
30. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 20, 2016, 15:30 Tipsy McStagger

I'm going to name this the pinnacle point at which Nintendo stopped making consoles.

It'll be dubbed, "The Nintendo Ditch" in the years to come.

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
16. Re: Nintendo Switch Announced Oct 20, 2016, 13:59 Tipsy McStagger

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 20, 2016, 13:52:
Ok so lets go back to say the NES... you had your hits (and amazing 3rd party games). Same with SNES N64, and started off strong for the GameCube, and some decent games for the Wii and Wii U.
I bought a Gamecube just for Wind Waker, played it and returned or sold the system (can't remember which). Wii and Wii U have about 2 or 3 games I would play on the system and then let it sit and collect dust.
Nintendo consoles (especially the Wii) were great for young kids, elderly and party games. But both my nephews (yeah my awesome demographic) loved the sports games on the Wii (bowling to out of the park baseball), but Daddy has a PS3 360 and a PS4, and now they are totally into the sports/driving games on the big boy consoles because they are more closer to the sports they play (they are 7 and 11 and into soccer, baseball, basketball).

And Nintendo's first party games are generally pretty good..... there isn't enough content for a gamer who grew up with Nintendo to keep going back for 1 or 2 games. And no matter how badly Nintendo is trying to market this to 20-30 somethings on the go (or that horrible e-sports part at the end), adults will stick with a tablet, smart phone or laptop. Why would I want to carry around another device, especially one with detachable parts (and you thought loosing a 3DS stylus was bad)?
They are creating a market that's half-way between mobile 3DS and full blown console like the big boys but not hitting the mark.

Exactly what I was thinking.

This system doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. It actually pisses me off, I see controllers that will break, the half controllers for playing with your friends will be hand cramped and limited buttons for a dumb down version of full controls.

What they needed to do was make a generic console with the same specs much like the PS4 or Xbone with backwards compatibility and better online part systems. Support for video codecs and that would pretty much secure you as the new super power release dwith a mario/zelda/metroid.

News Comments > David Brevik Joins Path of Exile
5. Re: David Brevik Joins Path of Exile Oct 19, 2016, 11:58 Tipsy McStagger

Have any of you actually played Path of exile till the "end game" content of mapping?

I find it the combat way more fun than diablo or grim dawn.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 18, 2016, 17:47 Tipsy McStagger

As a Canadian watching your horrible political race going on....

I can't believe these are the two scumbags running for president.

No one was better? No one?

Something is seriously wrong with your political system and it's completely favored towards buying in. Otherwise, these little headlines of "Donations" wouldn't even be a thing.

News Comments > Civilization VI Preloads and Launch Trailer
7. Re: Civilization VI Preloads and Launch Trailer Oct 18, 2016, 15:12 Tipsy McStagger

The thing I hated was Religion in Civ 5.. GREAT PROPHET spamming your enemies to win. It was stupid.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2016, 18:01 Tipsy McStagger

That pumpkin drop was in my city and I didn't even hear about it.

Our news sucks.

Also, was that Rob Ford at the end looking at the car? (Canadian crackhead mayor humor) hah

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2016, 17:44 Tipsy McStagger

whitelined wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 13:14:
Wow, that's a lot of meat, half of that would still be too much. On subject of indigestion, peppermint tea works wonders.

Peppermint Tea works great if your digestive system functions normally. To someone with Gastric Reflux Disease, all it does is amplify your stomach acid output making your symptoms worse.

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption Teasing?
8. Re: More Red Dead Redemption Teasing? Oct 17, 2016, 12:14 Tipsy McStagger

Pretty sure this won't be RDR for PC.. It's been like 6 years later... that well has dried the fuck up.  

News Comments > New WoW Game Director
14. Re: New WoW Game Director Oct 14, 2016, 13:08 Tipsy McStagger

I actually wonder what Blizzard polish will be like in 10-15 years.

It's been almost 25 years with some of their co-founders and important roles at 27-23 years invested into the company. What this means is that age is a dreadful train that cannot be stopped and eventually that driving force will be replaced. The person replacing it could take on an entirely different philosophy and focus on profit drives.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Update
8. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Update Oct 12, 2016, 23:34 Tipsy McStagger

Kxmode wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 22:54:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 20:36:
Cool, they are patching the game. Now if they could only patch the broken folks who pre-order games.

Absolutely. I was one of those broken people to preorder. I thought I did significant homework, but it all came down to Sean and his word. Well, NMS taught me a vital lesson. Never trust anyone, especially a millennial in a flannel shirt with an "aww shucks" demeanor. As far as warning people from preordering. You did it. Total Biscuit has done it. Unfortunately, there is a long way to go. Check out what happened when someone tried to warn Steam users from the pain of preorder disappointment on Shadow Warrior 2. Vitriol, to say the least.

Usually, I consider you one of the intelligent posters around here but I can't believe you fell for this hype train. Saw this coming from a mile away... any game hyped like crazy is usually a wreck. He was on a fucking talk show about it.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Oct 12, 2016, 17:21 Tipsy McStagger

Quboid wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 15:04:
Cutter wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 11:36:
“We went through 40 years of violence in which many lives were lost and people maimed. I knew there would eventually be some who would seek to exploit that to make money,” he said.

Yeah, and who's fault was that?

"It's their fault, not ours!" - both sides

To be fair, Republicans (pro-Ireland) did more killing and particularly maiming than Unionists (pro-UK), although the Unionists did have a thing for assassinating "Irish terrorists" - which to them meant anyone who was probably Catholic.

It occurs to me that I'm probably over-thinking Blue's comment and he just meant that Northern Irish politics isn't the first place you'd look for complaints about depictions of US crime.

Isn't the majority of the difference based off religion? I've never actually looked at what the conflict was about but I thought it was entirely a type of "holy war". Protestant versus Catholic.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed
37. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 10, 2016, 14:40 Tipsy McStagger

BadIronTree wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 11:08:
https://clips.twitch.tv/starcitizen/OddSheepRuleFive
https://clips.twitch.tv/starcitizen/CarefulBeePMSTwin
https://clips.twitch.tv/starcitizen/DelightfulWalrusKeepo
Highlights

https://youtu.be/XuDj5v81Nd0?t=1h25m22s
<3 <3 <3

I like how it looks but I do see some hiccups in the engine during this presentation. That's in a controlled environment as well, with their specific systems for this specific demo (the fucking guy on the mountain Rolleyes )

so far it looks like a flashier No Man's Sky.

I was hoping for a really awesome single player spaceship game out of this and it looks like it could be that. It's too bad they are trying to make this the super awesome everything MMO.

News Comments > Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit
19. Re: Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit Oct 1, 2016, 18:07 Tipsy McStagger

I can't believe this story is true or even exists.

What were these idiots thinking? Just because you spent tons of money and time developing something doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get payback.

People didn't like your shitty games.. You failed. Instead of throwing a tantrum, maybe do less shitty work next time.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
39. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 29, 2016, 15:04 Tipsy McStagger

The saddest thing about this whole mess is that no one learned anything.

The idiot masses will pre-order more of these type of games.

1111 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo