Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1110 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 25, 2017, 14:20 Tipsy McStagger

This Ajit Pai is completely fucking crazy.. the only logical explanation for his Wack job ideas is that he's getting huge sums of money and compensation for reversing these decisions and also net neutrality bullshit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > One Hour Star Citizen Video
1. Re: One Hour Star Citizen Video Nov 24, 2017, 13:20 Tipsy McStagger

TIME TO VENT YOUR RAAAAAGE!!!  

News Comments > Loot Box Stories of the Day
1. Re: Loot Box Stories of the Day Nov 24, 2017, 13:19 Tipsy McStagger

Sounds like the snowball is starting to roll downhill..

we'll see if this snowball turns into an avalanche or not..

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2017, 12:00 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 11:54:
Darwin aoproves of the flat earthers rocket launch.

I seriously hope the guy doesn't die and he says "the earth is actually round" because if he dies, someone will say NASA blew him up to cover it up.

Part of me hope he dies, because fuck flat earth retards.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 23, 2017, 11:55 Tipsy McStagger

Macros and bots have been around for a long time but that analog bot for console makes me laugh. 280 Credits because you max out the matches..

I hate seeing these types of things in multiplayer versus games but all the power to him for arcading it and exploiting it up.

News Comments > Loot Boxes Under Fire
31. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 13:03 Tipsy McStagger

ledhead1969 wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 13:00:
I don't have any issue with pay-for-progression. If I can't play a game for 300 hours to unlock all the weapons (re:Battlefield-type games) then I should be able to do that. Not Day 1, or, even Day 90, but at some point I should be able to. (caveat - I do enjoy playing a game for 300 hours to unlock everything, if the game is fantastic...like Bad Co 2.)

It is the randomness that is underhanded. Buying the boxes for the chance at the weapon or upgrade is unseemly and borderline illegal based on these stories.

The argument for this is that it shouldn't take 300 hours to do that.. They purposely make the grind so huge to make you WANT to pay for it. That's why this is getting press and exactly the reason it needs to be criticized.

News Comments > Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Selling Well
4. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Selling Well Nov 22, 2017, 12:41 Tipsy McStagger

Game is apparently like 6-8 hours long but a crazy visual and good story.

I'll end up playing it shortly here.

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2017, 17:06 Tipsy McStagger

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 16:19:
HoSpanky wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 15:38:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 15:07:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 13:15:
I mean, name me something else that you get 100+ hours of enjoyment out of that's 60$.

I can pick up a lot of books for $60 at a second hand bookstore that will provide me with 100+ hours of enjoyment easily.

$60 is the introductory price for most games. The books youíre talking about sell for $15 or more brand new. Letís not compare used, older titles to brand new.

Now you're moving the goal posts. You said "...name me something else that you get 100+ hours of enjoyment out of that's 60$". So I did.

Moreover, I can pick up several used console titles (but not from Gamestop) for that $60 that will deliver more hours than most new single titles will.

I don't read for enjoyment/fun anymore so I'll give you that answer as true... I read all day at work, 400 page engineering documents, 100 page measurement manuals, 100's of emails.. I don't want to read books when I go home.

Also, I don't remember the last time a book made my heart pound or my hair stand on end...

But it's still a valid response.. I prefer audio/visual to just plain visual.

News Comments > Morning Patches
8. Re: Morning Patches Nov 21, 2017, 16:15 Tipsy McStagger

Dammit witcher 3.. I don't have time to give you another 260 hours!!

QUIT TRYING TO PULL ME BACK IN!

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2017, 13:15 Tipsy McStagger

Beamer wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 10:32:
When you consider that some NES and SNES games sold for $80, which is the equivalent of ~$110-$130 now, yeah, AAA games have actually become a real value.

Some will argue distribution has gotten easier and cheaper (though development on AAA titles has gotten exponentially greater), or that they'd never buy if games kept with inflation, but the simple point is that games have become significantly cheaper now than the late 80s and early 90s.

Hell, check out this issue of CGW from 1990. Some games are $59.99, which is $116 today. Most are more $39.99 or $49.99, which is $75 and $96 today. Older games are regularly $33, which is $61 today.

There's an online game, playable via email, on page 61, which charged $3 per turn. PER TURN! I get that playable via email was mind-blowing back then, but $3 per turn. That's $6 now. How much would Civ cost you if you had to pay $6 per turn?

This October 1997 one is fun, too. An ad for Interstate 77, which I don't think ever came out, for $47, or $72 today. Microprose's Magic: The Gathering, then 6 months old, was $51, or $78. Unreal is a $60 preorder, or $92.

We're definitely paying way less. People will also argue they're getting less out of the games, and I'm not certain that isn't rose-colored glasses from people who are no longer the target audience.

Good points all around for everyone, games do take way more people to make these days so it does cost more.

But, Video games are under priced.. we're just used to 60$ basically and most hardcore video gamers are poor and sometimes unemployed so lots of room for bitching.

I mean, name me something else that you get 100+ hours of enjoyment out of that's 60$. It costs me 100$ to cab from my house to downtown and back again to go out with my buddies for drinks/football/etc. Parking downtown is 26$ a day, 32$ if you get there past 7 am.

I'll tell you right now, the 90$ price tag for some of these games is well worth it for my canadian ass.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch
5. Re: PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch Nov 20, 2017, 15:58 Tipsy McStagger

I played this tons... got up to BR88.. but it takes just as long to go from BR1 to 80 as it does to go from 80 to 100...  

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Announced
8. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Announced Nov 17, 2017, 15:28 Tipsy McStagger

I think the biggest problem was maps for me.. I hated Chaosing maps/re-rolling them trying to get higher tiers/etc..

It shouldn't be that hard, it should be more fluid to run harder content. I haven't played since they redid the entire acts/story so maybe it changed but I quit playing with ~800 hours right before that.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
25. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 14:32 Tipsy McStagger

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 12:16:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 12:02:
I still don't see how this game is sooo dramatically different from any of the recent Battlefield games that this grants such and earth shattering outcry.

EA uses booster packs, battlepacks, fudge packs in their games since forever. They have the pay real money to unlock all weapons in just about all their recent BF games, yet it wasn't such a huge deal until now.
Is it the booster cards that tips the balance so much?

I am not defending EA just curious. Just about everything people are complaining about in Battlefront 2 can be found in all previous Battlefield games in recent years

You can just play in any previous game and unlock things. BF1 was a bit annoying, in that you had to 'select' certain unlocks to grind per round, but there were NO time based caps on experience or any experience caps. SWBF2 has both of those.

All previous games had all the unlocks available in game, through regular play, sometimes of different modes. The only randomized drops were cosmetic. In SWBF2, game changing(opinions will vary on the impact, but they are gameplay altering changes) can only be had through randomized drops, which will take THOUSANDS of hours(based on beta play estimates) to unlock, or the use of real money to buy them. On top of that, keep in mind experience is capped per game, and per day(time based), so the real time period will be much longer.

BF4 was probably the best unlock grinding system to date by DICE. You could unlock multiple things simultaneously, the goals were mostly realistic, and they still had pay unlocks for people who wanted shortcuts, but nothing was really overpowered.

BF1 got worse, can only effectively unlock one thing at a time, there are sequential steps preventing you from unlocking in natural gameplay(sometimes) and there is a lot of randomized cosmetic crap to sift through.

SWBF unlocks were annoying, but honestly I find the gameplay boring enough that I didn't even bother grinding that much. Other SWBF players can comment more on that. The idea of the Hut contracts and other unlock paths weren't too terrible though.

SWBF2 seems to be doubling down on the mistakes of BF1 and SWBF, most notably with obscene exp requirements, and then adding the exp caps per round and per day. Not player friendly, and not something one would hope for from a team that theoretically has half a dozen unlock-grinding games under their belt already.

tl,dr: Boycott, vote with your wallet.

Great summary, but also this might be the trigger effect. Much like an abused wife, eventually something triggers them to fight against the typical.. usually this ends up being murder. So I'm wondering if EA is going to get murdered by the abused gamers.... not sure stay tuned.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 10:53 Tipsy McStagger

lol, it hit the radar of the IP holder for the game.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2017, 11:46 Tipsy McStagger

If IQ Correlates to Dota 2 and LOL ranks.. I'm obviously mentally retarded.

Because I don't play those games and I don't think I ever will.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 14, 2017, 17:50 Tipsy McStagger

Pigeon wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 16:18:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 13:10:
Retired wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 12:40:
Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 12:28:
Apple supporters are such assholes. What a fucking vain clown he is. Why not just buy a rugged phone for a tenth of the price and not have to worry about a goddamned phone to begin with? The stupidity and vanity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Wait....what? He "ruined" it because he is a tool and bought a crappy case for it? But....can't....wtf......JUST TAKE IT OFF!

/Apple Idiots

Obviously he cannot take it off, it's bound to his Apple based reality distortion field. To take it off he'd have to summon Demogorgon via goat sacrifices during a blood moon, pledge his first 5 born children to the demon and then cross-dress for a month.

/s

This article was so stupid I thought it was farce, but a quick check shows he's pushed out five similarly crappy articles today alone. Getting paid to write garbage, I suppose it's a living if you lack integrity. and we've all helped

I fell for this click bait bullshit too.

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
27. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 17:47 Tipsy McStagger

Game isn't out yet right?

Why are people buying it? Lemmings ruining the gaming industry by throwing money at shit that doesn't exist yet.

"BUT BUT, I CAN OWN A PURPLE CLOAK IN A GAME THAT IS DESIGNED TO BE HORRIBLE!" - Idiot Pre-order gamer.

21. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 13:32 Tipsy McStagger

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 13:00:
You get the credits needed to unlock Iden, but you don't have any left for his abilities which you can only find in chests... so you can play Iden with (literally) no abilities or you can buy chests and get abilities for heroes you might not ever actually unlock.

I think beating up corporate greed is always OK, but in this case it's a really shitty move by EA to pad progression, they should give Iden with all abilities unlockable through in-game actions.. but no...

Ps.: Firefox spellcheck does not know the word "unlockable" ;p

This can't be true can it? Is it seriously that retarded?

6. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 11:05 Tipsy McStagger

These pieces of shit... I hope they get what's coming to them from this and huge losses of sales.  

News Comments > Painkiller and Painkiller: Battle out of Hell No Longer on German Index
7. Re: Painkiller and Painkiller: Battle out of Hell No Longer on German Index Nov 10, 2017, 17:11 Tipsy McStagger

So what I understand by the replies is you could have purchased a physical copy of Painkiller on release using an 18+ ID?

1110 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo