Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1441 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway
28. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway Dec 22, 2017, 10:33 Tipsy McStagger

Prez wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 08:09:
Why do I keep buying games on these sales?

Ah the age old question.. remember when you were young and couldn't afford to buy the games you wanted but had all the time to play them...

Now we're all old, have money but no time to play!!!

THE CURSE OF THE GAMER!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 21, 2017, 13:51 Tipsy McStagger

BobBob wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 10:05:
I was in Rome and had to change my flight schedule. The airline's automatic voice service had a "call center accent". It couldn't understand my "normal" American English. So, I faked my own accent to mimic the system. It worked!

"Normal American English"

MUH FLAYT IZ CUNSELLED, I NEEDS AH NU BUHKING!

There's nothing normal about regional accents anywhere.

I've actually wondered who has the most true to english pronunciation of words.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2017, 13:01 Tipsy McStagger

Beamer wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 11:20:
After it was discussed here recently, I'd put FEAR on my watch list. It's no longer sold by itself on Steam, and seemed to be $10 everywhere. That felt too much. It dropped to $2.50 on GOG so I snagged it.

Man. Those graphics have not held up. Not even remotely held up. It's a very, very ugly game. I have a few recent games waiting to be played, and I'm not thinking this is worth my time to revisit.

I hated that game. I dont' understand why people loved it.. It was just so meh.. OH NO THE GIRL IS ON THE HELICOPTER!

News Comments > PUBG Launches
9. Re: PUBG Launches Dec 21, 2017, 12:56 Tipsy McStagger

The 20 or so people in Bluenews who don't find it fun or appealing are a small drop in the bucket to the 20 million people who purchased it.

Personally, I don't like this style of game but my friends do.. I can understand by watching 5 minutes of twitch why it's crazy popular.

It's a social game to play with your l33t buddies.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2017, 13:39 Tipsy McStagger

You're all talking about Billy Squier and I'm watching the Dog get rescued from the middle of the frozen river while someone is cutting onions around me.

News Comments > Destiny 2 The Dawning Dawns
10. Re: Game Reviews Dec 19, 2017, 15:29 Tipsy McStagger

peteham wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 15:06:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 11:55:
Bright dust can be acquired by dismantling shaders/ships/sparrows. You get tons of these with just regular play so not that bad unless the prices are ridiculous like 3000 bright dust.
I've played enough to have two characters at the expansion level cap, and a third at the old cap (305). Not sure how many hours that amounts to. 100-200?

Now, I've only used my in-game silver to buy fireteam tokens, of which I've gotten a few. Sitting at about 3000 bright dust at the moment. There's no way to actively farm it in-game besides just grinding levels. Let's say I could increase that 50% if I dismantled every Eververse shader/sparrow/ship I have. It's still a pittance. These items cost the same as the rest of the store-stuff, so between 400-1500+. For reference, 2000 silver can be bought for 20 EUR or 23-24 USD. These rewards could've been handed out for challenges and im-game objectives in a game that's so content lite it desperately needs stuff to do, but no. The entire end-game is balanced around this, and it's glorious...

I have 1 character that is 330 light, i don't have any other characters and I video game maybe 10 hours a week at maximum. I've probably put 60 hours into D2 so far.

I've spent ~8000 bright dust.. Those purple shaders and ships/sparrows your keeping are worth a LOT. Also if you do more public quests, you get way more EXP which means way more Bright Ingrams (Illuminated Ingrams now)

News Comments > Destiny 2 The Dawning Dawns
3. Re: Game Reviews Dec 19, 2017, 11:55 Tipsy McStagger

peteham wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 10:42:
If there’s a specific Dawning item that you have your heart set on, Tess will refresh her inventory each week, enabling you to use your Bright Dust reserves for your holiday shopping. On one week or another during the three-week event, you’ll find every Dawning-themed exotic (ship, ghost, sparrow, emote) and every Dawning-themed legendary armor piece on her shelves.
Rather ballsy of them to include that in the current player climate Or just completely out of touch.

Bright dust can be acquired by dismantling shaders/ships/sparrows. You get tons of these with just regular play so not that bad unless the prices are ridiculous like 3000 bright dust.

News Comments > Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles
3. Re: Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles Dec 19, 2017, 10:29 Tipsy McStagger

Cancelled shortly.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2017, 17:46 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 10:30:
My only fear would be mold.
But since it was a single event combined with the fact that it opened up (ceiling collapse) that should lessen the chance for fungi to take hold.

Make sure it dries completely, fix any moisture leaks
Put some bleach in a spray bottle and mist the area.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2017, 17:43 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 11:08:
27k deliverance was a good read.

Always amazes me the selfishness of an Everest climber..
This dude left behind a 10 year old daughter without a father.. to say he climbed up a piece of rock.

General Discussion > Star Wars Spoiler Thread
7. No subject Dec 16, 2017, 16:05 Tipsy McStagger

Slick wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 20:21:
The good parts were Snoke getting iced in a really smart way.

Wait you liked this?

This was such shit, Snoke was the best character, they gave a little taste of his power and then.. he was killed in the most anti-climactic way possible.

Why couldn't the have had Snoke kill luke, kylo betrays snoke and kills him to take power

I COULD WRITE BETTER SHIT THAN THIS TRASH.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 10:32 Tipsy McStagger

I personally hated the new star wars.. I didn't have good hope going in after the last one but this was is probably worse than Jar Jar Binks and the Love affair between the queen and anakin dialogue.

It's one of those visually great movies with horrible plot holes and bad decisions. Started off amazingly but then quickly fell into the dumb.

I also feel like they had some horrible decisions going into this and some really stupid new things. This whole Snoke/Luke/Kylo/Rey thing is just wrongly done.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2017, 11:04 Tipsy McStagger

minor setback for them, they'll just find another way to milk those idiot gamers.  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Dec 12, 2017, 10:54 Tipsy McStagger

Very likely her excuse of Anxiety is actually to blame.

People will do weird things when their body is basically in panic mode.

News Comments > Bungie Backs off Destiny 2 Misstep
1. Re: Bungie Backs off Destiny 2 Misstep Dec 12, 2017, 10:50 Tipsy McStagger

Prestige Leviathan Raid now only drops power level 300 items? WHATS THE DAMN POINT WHEN I'M TRYING TO HIT 330!

Fucking poor gamers who don't want to buy an expansion.

All that aside, the expansion is pretty junk.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2017, 10:51 Tipsy McStagger

I'm fascinated by US political system, I can't believe how it works sometimes.

What's interesting is the lowest contribution to the US senate is 40K..

40K is a lot of money.

I'm hopeful you americans don't screw yourselves on thursday. This is flying too low under the radar right now for the American populace.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 11, 2017, 10:40 Tipsy McStagger

so much outrage for something so silly.. Barbies show this much basically.

Two things happens in life that are fundamentals of living:

A) Death
B) Sex

Which are also the two things we censor constantly, I understand the beef of having extra detail in the fun regions.. but whatever, it's a reflection on human body anatomy.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced
2. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Co-op & Steam Workshop Support Announced Dec 10, 2017, 14:29 Tipsy McStagger

Overon wrote on Dec 10, 2017, 14:12:
Piranha is not a top tier developer. They will micro transaction the shit out of this just like they did with Mechwarrior Online.

This might be true... they have been that heavy in the past.

But.. they have used MWO to develop all the mechs so I can see them easily cranking out a single player game like this.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 8, 2017, 18:13 Tipsy McStagger

He cemented his head in the fucking microwave to make money off youtube.

Man that's dedication, but i think he should be fined a days run time of a fire truck, 5 (2 hours) worth of wages for this imbecile stunt.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2017, 15:47 Tipsy McStagger

deqer wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:56:
Wouldn't this card just be outdated next year? Why bother? Who's going to drop 3k to experience a scenario like that.

Lots of disposable income gamers these days that make great money.

I mean, i could easily afford to buy two of these in SLI but I don't see the benefit in doing so for bang versus buck.

1441 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo