Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1109 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade Free Edition Launched
1. Re: Warhammer 40,000 - Eternal Crusade Free Edition Launched Mar 17, 2017, 10:29 Tipsy McStagger

Apparently, this game is so bad that it's kind of fun.

But that's from about a year ago.

Personally, it looks too broken.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs?
31. Re: MS Forcing Win10 on Latest CPUs? Mar 16, 2017, 18:37 Tipsy McStagger

Bundy wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 17:43:
Honestly I'm curious to where all these ads are that everyone is complaining about. I haven't seen any. Are they in the windows store or something?

I haven't seen one either.. Maybe because I configured my windows to turn off all that sharing and microsoft account stuff?

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Mar 16, 2017, 11:31 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 10:32:
So don't use it. Problem solved.

But it's there! SO therefore I must!

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Video
16. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Video Mar 15, 2017, 13:55 Tipsy McStagger

I'm probably going to buy this game FOR the multiplayer.

No joke.

News Comments > Rend Announced
3. Re: Rend Announced Mar 14, 2017, 16:20 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Mar 14, 2017, 12:12:
Wow Survival, lol.

It also looks like they stole a bunch of WoW models from Blizzard. Unsure how that dynamic is going to work.

As for another survival game... Oh fuck off already with these shit games.. This era of video games is plagued by unfinished piece of shit DayZ/Rust/Ark clones.

News Comments > Tale of Ronin Revealed
3. Re: Tale of Ronin Revealed Mar 13, 2017, 17:29 Tipsy McStagger

Dacron wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 22:41:
Do I need to know what color is the boathouse at Hereford?

Great movie reference...
I'm better at drawing ambushes where we shoot at each other

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
35. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2017, 17:27 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 14:09:
panbient wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 12:48:
Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 11:14:

I'm also sick of these bullshit millenial articles when they only really apply to a tiny group of people who live in a major city where everything is fiercely competitive and expensive. There's plenty of other work to be had in all kinds of places, but no, they don't want to move to those places. There's plenty of good paying work in the trades but no that's hard work. This is entirely an issue of their own making. I come from a family of tradesmen. My nephews and their buddies never lack for work, make great money, own their own house, truck, tools, yada yada yada. Listen up kids, the world owes you nothing. Work sucks. That's why it's called work and not 'super happy fun time'.

Here's the flipside to your own bullshit.

I'm a college educated Canadian. I've been on the job hunt for a few months now - again - same as every other year or so. Only this time around I can no longer get a callback. It's not a lack of job postings or a lack of effort either. I'm honestly starting to think there's something broken in the system that doesn't connect people effectively anymore. You can't accept a job that doesn't get offered to you. Do HR people google / facebook first then consider looking at a resume second now?

And NO I'm not waiting on some kind of ideal career. I'm just looking to pay the bills. At this point I'm honestly considering putting groceries on shelves again. Same as I did as a teenager. Only now I'm 40 and graduated college twice in both French and English - which makes me look like a risky hire who won't stick around a minimum wage job. But all it's ever gotten me is a heavier plate with a side of ass kissing for the same pay as some slacker who barely got through high school.

You're right there's plenty of great jobs in trades. From a family of tradespeople too - all about lumber. But do you remember the message we all got in the early 90s? Technology, technology TECHNOLOGY!!!!

And then what happened in the early 2000s? Oh geez, the IT bubble burst. Well why the hell did you study technology dumbass? Trades are the future. What? You thought you were too good to get your hands dirty? Just because absolutely everyone around you, family, society, economy all pushed towards a different direction?

At least millenials are getting a straight answer instead of incessant bullshit. It might suck to hear but at least they're not being blamed for having followed the path presented to them.

Either way, our future is fucked.

Out of curiosity, what jobs are you applying for? What's your skillset? What were the the last three positions you held, and what did you do there?

I would like to know this too. As well as are you applying to only things in your area?

Wondering if this is one of those cases where you got an education in something valuable but not in your area. In which case, you've basically screwed yourself by not being able to uproot yourself.

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer
5. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer Mar 12, 2017, 03:24 Tipsy McStagger

Rhett wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 14:28:
Looks like Overwatch Chivalry.. but also boring...

From the creators of Chivalry.. comes our attempt at jumping on the bandwagon and failing miserably.

MIRAGE!

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 11, 2017, 20:41 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 13:16:
I'm all for safer robots but i wonder why the robot wasn't disconnected from the power grid for repair.

I was wondering that myself. could be they were just diagnosing the problem and was too close to the action.. Or maybe a separate robot actually killed her than the one she was repairing?

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC
10. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 9, 2017, 16:29 Tipsy McStagger

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 15:42:
I played through the first mission this afternoon, Easy mode of course, with a Templar. I'm pretty impressed by the detail and size of the maps, but I don't get the whole Tome mechanic. It's just extra experience? But it takes up a health slot? If you get all 3 do you just get more experience or does it turn into loot or something? I'll read up on it.

I won the game easily with bots, tried a multiplayer game, also on "Easy," holy shit, people ran off and died, got captured by rats, blew through the health potions/packs with ease, etc.

I wish there was a better sound indication for a headshot, or a cursor color change or something, but aside from that, pretty interesting so far. I looted a green one-handed axe for the Templar, with a special ability, but only from the finished solo game. I take it if you die(like we did in random multiplayer) that you get nothing basically, aside from materials?

*EDIT* Tome = Extra loot dice, easy enough. I assume veteran players will know where the hell the tomes actually are on each map, I found one so far out of 3 on the horn map.

Harder settings, bots don't work.

Also use a the 2h Zweihander for the Templar when you get it. it's by far the best weapon to use with him.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews
4. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 9, 2017, 11:42 Tipsy McStagger

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 11:05:
sauron wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 10:48:
Wow, if I had bought a 1080, I would be pretty annoyed by this. The Ti seems to replace that card since it is significantly faster and a similar price? Or am I getting my facts wrong?

Yep. Quite wrong.

- People who bought the 1080 have enjoyed that top level of performance for a good 10 months now. Enjoyment is something that money can't buy so that is a priceless advantage.
- The 1080 custom cards (who the hell buys FE unless you intend to replace the heatsink for a custom water cooling set?) were still considerably cheaper (here in the EU at least) than what the 1080Ti will sell at.
- People are not married to a graphics card. One can easily throw the 1080 on eBay now and get a 1080Ti if one is so inclined. Most enthusiasts who buy in the price range of 1080/Titan won't mind a little loss.

I own a 1080 and will probably get a Ti but only after Vega is out. Right now would be a really bad time to buy one of these puppies. Even if Vega does not beat the 1080(Ti), it might still force prices to come down. I also want to wait for Palit/Gainward customs as those were by far the best 1070/1080 cards.

Come on, AMD (and Palit/Gainward). Hurry the fuck up!

The "Whatever helps you sleep at night" excuses.

If you didn't buy a 1080 from a slightly slower card, like the 980 Ti, you made the smart choice by waiting.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC
5. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 8, 2017, 17:27 Tipsy McStagger

Really fun game, retarded hard on the highest setting.

Needs teamwork to win.

News Comments > Post-Release Mass Effect Andromeda MP Maps Free
3. Re: Post-Release Mass Effect Andromeda MP Maps Free Mar 7, 2017, 17:08 Tipsy McStagger

I'm debating buying this for PS4 or PC. my PC is a beast of a system but I was thinking for better multiplayer if I should get it for PS4..

Not sure yet.. Would use my XIM4 adapter too.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Sales Success; Future Plans Outlined
15. Re: Conan Exiles Sales Success; Future Plans Outlined Mar 7, 2017, 15:32 Tipsy McStagger

Kxmode wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 15:12:
Survival Games is the new cash cow. Whether or not they're good is irrelevant. It's the new hotness.

Sounds like Funcom has terrible management and have no clue how to run a company.

I'll be glad when this fad is over with survival games and then it'll be game over for Funcom.

The problem that I see is I don't think dumping 5-10 million more into that game is going to get them 5-10 million more. The survival gamers aren't buying full polish games.. they're ALL early access.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Sales Success; Future Plans Outlined
12. Re: Conan Exiles Sales Success; Future Plans Outlined Mar 7, 2017, 11:00 Tipsy McStagger

Creston wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 20:47:
Whoa, another 5 to 10 million? Man!

Pretty decent amount of money.. but will it make the game sell more?

Everyone who wants to play these shit games probably already purchased the early access.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 6, 2017, 11:45 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 09:53:
2 grand? That's it? In Ontario rebates range from $6k on the bottom end all the way up to $14k at the top end.

Ontario is also probably the government with the most mismanaged finances in the last 100 years.

This Hydrobill relief idea is ludicrous... "Save 25% of your hydrobill, we're going to pay it with your taxes anyways at a much inflated rate"

News Comments > Hello Games New Project Plans
19. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 18:23 Tipsy McStagger

Sempai wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 13:00:
So..rather than finish No Man's Sky, they're starting development on two new projects?

Gotcha.. Dead

Of course they are!

No Man's Sky moneywell has dried up, devoting more money into an already ruined reputation is a dumb business move (From a cash flow stand point)

These guys know what gamers are: Stupid.

We got lots of idiots here pre-ordering games for the flashy stuff. I have lots of money to spend on video games but even I don't (not anymore) pre-order because it's RUINING GAMING. Games used to sink or swim from a demo.. now it's youtube hype and pre-order extras...

I wish all gaming sites would just band together and start putting giant banners at the top "STOP PREORDERING GAMES, YOU'RE HURTING EVERYONE".

There's little to no viable reasons to play a game on release other than the "OMG IVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG ON THIS HYPED OUT GAME"

EDIT: I'm also an idiot who fell for Chris Roberts 100$ buy in.. Still haven't touched star citizen but it's also 100$ for me to get a cab to and from the bar to drink with my friends so whatever.

News Comments > AMD Ryzen Reviews
51. Re: AMD Ryzen Reviews Mar 2, 2017, 18:52 Tipsy McStagger

I'm confused by all these replies.. some saying its good, some saying intel still wins.

What's the actual story from just a video game stand point (ignore cost difference)? Intel is still king?

News Comments > Avatar Game Announced
1. Re: Avatar Game Announced Feb 28, 2017, 14:16 Tipsy McStagger

Milk that tit.

MILK IT.

News Comments > Minecraft Sells 122M
5. Re: Minecraft Sells 122M Feb 28, 2017, 12:24 Tipsy McStagger

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 11:19:
Why not wait for 3 million more and celebrate 125M? Is this just a monthly announcement or something?

Don't try to understand the crazy gaming world.

I would like to know how much merchandising they've sold. It's probably a much more impressive number

1109 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo