Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1110 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 6, 2017, 17:38 Tipsy McStagger

Hmm,

So this is a "new" Xbox one basically?

Never even heard of this...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Open Beta Plans
10. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Open Beta Plans Apr 6, 2017, 17:31 Tipsy McStagger

Jagacademy wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 15:42:
VaranDragon wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 04:05:
I don't have the APM to competitively play RTS games anymore.

You could be competitive in Dawn of War games with only average APM, it's not a game that requires 100's of actions per minute.

His problem is he doesn't have the APM..

My problem is I'm now too lazy to try to APM in RTS games.

Your move Jaga....

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
14. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 11:24 Tipsy McStagger

Who is sitting there going

"I'm transgendered and wish there were more transgendered characters in video games"

This is a problem in todays society

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week
11. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 4, 2017, 21:35 Tipsy McStagger

Play the multiplayer.. it's AWESOME.

I've been having a blast.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2017, 13:31 Tipsy McStagger

While I understand that Lexi Thompson did incorrectly place the ball, I don't feel like it made any real difference in how she performed. This wasn't blatant cheating and definitely still played better than everyone else.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 10 Begins
7. Re: Diablo III Season 10 Begins Apr 1, 2017, 22:14 Tipsy McStagger

Cram wrote on Apr 1, 2017, 17:17:
The QoL changes this season are welcome. The game is in a good place. I suppose that comment will trigger some of you here...

Nobody here is falling for your April fools!

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely
19. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely Mar 31, 2017, 17:45 Tipsy McStagger

chickenboo wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 17:19:
I had the opposite experience: exploring in Skellige was great. I loved sailing to tiny islands off the beaten path and finding some village with a unique problem, like the one with the stone tower that had just appeared on a nearby hill, out of the blue. There was another island with a huge decaying fortress with an easter egg down at the bottom. Another island far to the south east had a hidden cache and a Cyclops guarding it. I enjoyed all these encounters and I liked that they were all unique -- Skyrim's dungeons/caves tend to look very samey in contrast.

I understand his pain.. I skipped most of them after realizing it was killing my fun.

Ugh.. The Skellige (?) unknown points of interest in the ocean were all horribly tedious to get.. How many drowners do I need to crossbow in the face to get a crappy chest?

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely
10. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely Mar 31, 2017, 11:18 Tipsy McStagger

Creston wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 10:33:
Yeah, I hope they stick with Geralt. He's such an iconic, cool character that going with a different one is just going to feel like a disappointment in comparison, although Ciri could at least be cool.

Personally, I don't think they need to stick with Geralt. They can do any of the witchers geralt shared the school of the wolf with.

Young Vesimir would be a great story for example.. Vesimir has lost lots of pupils and he became jaded about it. It would make a great story about him trying to save one of his pupils as an example.

Can have other characters like the school of the snake and their downfall, or school of the bear griffin and their collapse.. Got LOTS to work with.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
28. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 15:35 Tipsy McStagger

Slick wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 15:20:

Also, how was the prologue stupid?

"I'm from the milky way! I can't understand you!"

Is one aspect of why the dialogue is horrendous.. You also wouldn't divert the resources to make planet fall without actually looking at the planet first, even the Nexus used satellites to scan planets first. Why would you make a ship without the ability to review options in contingencies? They obviously planned for issues with having pathfinders but none of the resources to do so?

They went to another galaxy without expecting to run into hostile aliens at all? Doesn't that seem a tad stupid?

News Comments > The Witcher Sells 25M Copies
13. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 13:06 Tipsy McStagger

Beamer wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 12:18:
Yeah, one of the games that really, really lived up to the hype for me. Only played the third, but one of the most engrossing games I've played.

You should seriously think of playing 1 and 2.

1 is very dated, it has a terrible combat system but play it on easy and blow through it. It has a good story.

2 is like witcher 3 but more frustrating in some ways. Again, great story and all games transition well into 3 (except for the King of the Wild Hunt showing up in the beginning of witcher 1, that didn't jive well with the plot of 3)

12. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 13:04 Tipsy McStagger

Prez wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 10:51:
Definitely well deserved. I will say I was disappointed with the Witcher 2 - the story was weak and the boss battles were frickin' frustrating - but I loved the first and third. The Witcher 3 is the best RPG I've ever played.

Letho of Gulet is still one of my favorite characters of all time. Which is why I think Witcher 2 was amazing.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
1. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 10:49 Tipsy McStagger

The game is fun, the plot is meh and the dialogue is atrociously bad.
The planets are massive
the combos are great
the settings are awesome.

I can't believe how stupid the prologue is.

Also, why can't they do emergency breathing using one helmet? I thought that part was horrible as well.

1. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 10:47 Tipsy McStagger

Well deserved.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2017, 14:59 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Mar 29, 2017, 14:43:
It's all just so much easier than dealing with the harsh realities of cold and unsympathetic Universe.

This is exactly why religion exists.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
88. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 28, 2017, 15:16 Tipsy McStagger

So I purchased the game and I'm playing through the single player.

It has such horrible logic faults and problems. Such as: the entire first contact with the Kett in the prologue is retarded.. everyone acts like an idiot. The "Nexus" going through horrible disarray because people didn't show up on time.. Who planned this horrible expedition of idiocy?

The writing is bad..

All that being said.. I'm having a lot of fun fighting/playing the actual game.

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta
14. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta Mar 27, 2017, 18:50 Tipsy McStagger

Since Chilvary will be free:

I urge you all to play it for one reason and one reason alone:

The hilarious war cries when you charge into battle!

News Comments > Destiny 2 Revealed
2. Re: Destiny 2 Revealed Mar 27, 2017, 18:47 Tipsy McStagger

I knew they would do this.

Called this from the start since from release to when I quit about 9 months later right before "The House Of Wolves" release. Although I've heard they fixed most of the story and changed a bunch of the game. Couldn't help but feel like they got their money and then immediately started their next milk job of Destiny 2 of taking their well polished engine from Destiny and proceeded to release a totally new game.

The expansions added very little content and were extremely grindy time sinks. Like they had a minimal team adding expansions for a premium price.

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
42. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 00:00 Tipsy McStagger

Bumpy wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 23:45:
Saboth wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 20:55:

So they are incentivized to drag out development as long as possible, because as soon as the game is finished, that unexplainable cash flow stops or subsides.

A final, finished product would be a huge nail in their coffin.

Their string along marketing scheme seems so genius but I'm sure it's been done previously, just not in a digital environment.

I wonder how Chris Roberts can fall asleep at night when he's laughing so hard...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2017, 10:42 Tipsy McStagger

That dash cam owners of australia made me laugh pretty good, some were whatever but some were crazy stupid.

People missing exits and trying to make them happens everywhere... I've never understood why people just don't go to then next exit and pull a U-turn.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews
27. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 12:44 Tipsy McStagger

So I don't have the time today to review these,

what's the consensus?

I'm mostly looking at it for:

Multiplayer
Combat improvements
Plot
World Designs (Are they varied and awe inspiring?)

1110 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo