Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1397 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month
20. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond Chapter One Beta This Month Jan 14, 2018, 00:03 Tipsy McStagger

This is the craziest VR game you'll ever play. It definitely makes me feel like I'm flying an awesome spaceship and dog fighting in VR is amazing.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2018, 17:28 Tipsy McStagger

raVen wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 11:27:
Yay, Happy Birthday Ant!

-
Tipsy McStagger:
Most of the time I can't bear to hear it in English; English dubs are the worst. And Netflix doesn't bother 1/2 the time to get Japanese voices or language.

My normal solution is use Japanese audio and English subtitles, sometimes this requires me to find subs online or make my own encodes (even in a super streaming era there are still huge holes.)

It's not the cheesy dubs, it's the...

Over Acting like final fantasy bullshit

And dragonball Z face zoom charge up stuff.. Sailor moon jump up and down excited stuff.. that kind of stuff.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2018, 11:08 Tipsy McStagger

Anime looks so incredibly awesome, they can do such great art with it.

Except they always make it retarded with that shitty over emoting and acting in animes. Some zoom in on a face and a guy going "OMG WE'RE DYING" and then it has a long drawn out pause and little tears in the eyes.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 8, 2018, 14:38 Tipsy McStagger

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 08:21:
They are Billions has potential, time will tell if they live up to it.

I'm currently 30 hours deep in that game and have yet to win on a 100% map..

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 8, 2018, 13:53 Tipsy McStagger

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 11:10:
Pretty funny/shitty how the Meltdown bug was exposed right before CES for Intel. Might be a tough crowd.

I've been too busy dadding it over the last couple weeks, what's going on with intel and their horribly made new generation cores?

News Comments > NVIDIA BFGD Revealed
7. Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Jan 8, 2018, 12:48 Tipsy McStagger

yonder wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 12:44:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 12:20:
Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 12:13:
Big Fucking Gaming Display.

I don't imagine too many people have a PC setup where a 65 inch screen is all that useful...

That where you're wrong friend, I play on my 70" TV and have been waiting for something like this.

And since you are the "many people" he refers to...

Bluesnews is a small group of people, if there's a couple here it quickly turns into many when you increase sample size.

News Comments > NVIDIA BFGD Revealed
5. Re: NVIDIA BFGD Revealed Jan 8, 2018, 12:20 Tipsy McStagger

Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 12:13:
Big Fucking Gaming Display.

I don't imagine too many people have a PC setup where a 65 inch screen is all that useful...

That where you're wrong friend, I play on my 70" TV and have been waiting for something like this.

News Comments > CIG Responds to Crytek Lawsuit
21. Re: CIG Responds to Crytek Lawsuit Jan 8, 2018, 10:57 Tipsy McStagger

Renegades Hang wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 10:01:
As is now made clear, Crytek did a bunch of free work for CIG, like creating the trailer that was used in the Star Citizen Kickstarter. They did that to promote their game engine, and they gave CIG a below market offer to use their engine in exchange for them prominently promoting their engine. They weren't going to do that free work etc. only to have CIG turn around and not use CryEngine and switch to a competing engine like Lumberyard [they are NOT the same engine and Amazon has their own licensing agreement to use it].

The big question was whether the contract stated that CIG could terminate the contract and switch to a different engine. We now know that the contract states that they can't switch to another engine while under the contract and the only way they can get out of the contract is if CIG goes bankrupt or Crytek breaches their side of the contract.

We also now know that the contract states that Star Citizen is one game and the engine license is only for that one game, so CIG splitting it into two games (Star Citizen and Squadron 42) breaches the contract as well.

Here are the pertinent snips of the contract:

https://mobile.twitter.com/dsmart/status/949805236591439872/photo/2

https://mobile.twitter.com/dsmart/status/949802938549104641/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/dsmart/status/949781779010990080/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/dsmart/status/949781779010990080/photo/2

if true, sounds like crytek has a good case.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2018, 15:56 Tipsy McStagger

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 14:45:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 5, 2018, 14:09:
What's "Insanely cold?" to you?
I doubt this was directed at me, but I have a moment, so I'll give my answer. First, let me state the obvious by saying the answer to this question is HIGHLY variable from person to person. Also, I'm not sure what "insanely" means in this context. This is how I am going to interpret the question:

How cold does it have to before you postpone a normal activity because it is simply too cold to go outside?

For me, that would be around -20 F. Anything above that isn't particularly tough to dress for, unless you're going to be outside for long periods (say more than an hour).

It's directed at Blue for posting "it's insanely cold" and wanted to know what his insanely cold is to him at the moment.

Personally, Insanely cold to me is around -40C and I've worked in -52C which was like bashing your dick with a hammer to get anything done.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2018, 14:09 Tipsy McStagger

What's "Insanely cold?" to you?

News Comments > Total War: Thrones of Britannia Trailer
1. Re: Total War: Thrones of Britannia Trailer Jan 4, 2018, 21:34 Tipsy McStagger

These games, although DLCS heavy.. are crazy fun.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 4, 2018, 18:20 Tipsy McStagger

Wish I had time to play the games on switch.. but my PC games list keeps going.

I also don't take any public transit so it doesn't really benefit me?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
18. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 27, 2017, 15:55 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 12:58:
People are not buying ev's expecting to save money. If they are it just means they are bad at math.

This is a very true statement.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse
7. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 14:45 Tipsy McStagger

SimplyMonk wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 11:28:
Eververse is only P2W in the sense that a large part of Destiny is trying to obtain cosmetic gear and Bungie launched Destiny 2 with all the interesting cosmetics in Eververse with nothing for dedicated players to actually strive for. In Destiny 1, all the gorgeous cosmetic gear was tied to completing achievements or milestones in the game such as doing raids on Hard Mode or beating certain challenge encounters. Destiny 2 has none of that and everything that looks like it had any sort of design thought put into is in Eververse.

So yeah... You can dump tons of cash into Eververse and get a really pretty armor set, a quality-of-life ghost, sparrow, and ship but none of those are really that integral to game play to call it P2W. Comparing this bullshit to EA's bullshit is comparing shit oranges to shit apples. Both have valid reasons to be pissed at, but just removing Eververse from Destiny 2 won't fix anything. If there was actual armor sets, ghosts, sparrows, and ships to obtain outside of Eververse, then 90% of these complaints would disappear.

This is exactly what I was thinking.. I was like "did the people writing these threads even play the game?"

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2017, 03:52 Tipsy McStagger

Hoop wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 15:26:
Read the article on the boy with the tumor, thank science he has the right people around him now.

Except if he lived in Canada or Cuba, he would have had that taken care of before it completely destroyed his face.

Ridiculous.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2017, 12:50 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 12:07:
Wow, we got dumped on last night and it looks like a quite a bit of snow in the next week or two. I'm going to do extended test drives on the Crosstrek and Sportwagen next week so it'll be putting those AWDs to the test. I really wish there was somewhere where I could just rent them for a few days each. I'm definitely leaning more toward the Sportwagen now but the drives will be the true test.

You mean like Enterprise/Budget/Alamo or the 100 other rental companies?

Also, once you go AWD you'll never go back, because you'll hate it if you do.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway
28. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway Dec 22, 2017, 10:33 Tipsy McStagger

Prez wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 08:09:
Why do I keep buying games on these sales?

Ah the age old question.. remember when you were young and couldn't afford to buy the games you wanted but had all the time to play them...

Now we're all old, have money but no time to play!!!

THE CURSE OF THE GAMER!!!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 21, 2017, 13:51 Tipsy McStagger

BobBob wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 10:05:
I was in Rome and had to change my flight schedule. The airline's automatic voice service had a "call center accent". It couldn't understand my "normal" American English. So, I faked my own accent to mimic the system. It worked!

"Normal American English"

MUH FLAYT IZ CUNSELLED, I NEEDS AH NU BUHKING!

There's nothing normal about regional accents anywhere.

I've actually wondered who has the most true to english pronunciation of words.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2017, 13:01 Tipsy McStagger

Beamer wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 11:20:
After it was discussed here recently, I'd put FEAR on my watch list. It's no longer sold by itself on Steam, and seemed to be $10 everywhere. That felt too much. It dropped to $2.50 on GOG so I snagged it.

Man. Those graphics have not held up. Not even remotely held up. It's a very, very ugly game. I have a few recent games waiting to be played, and I'm not thinking this is worth my time to revisit.

I hated that game. I dont' understand why people loved it.. It was just so meh.. OH NO THE GIRL IS ON THE HELICOPTER!

News Comments > PUBG Launches
9. Re: PUBG Launches Dec 21, 2017, 12:56 Tipsy McStagger

The 20 or so people in Bluenews who don't find it fun or appealing are a small drop in the bucket to the 20 million people who purchased it.

Personally, I don't like this style of game but my friends do.. I can understand by watching 5 minutes of twitch why it's crazy popular.

It's a social game to play with your l33t buddies.

1397 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo