Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1110 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve
11. Re: Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve May 2, 2017, 18:23 Tipsy McStagger

Steazy wrote on May 2, 2017, 15:06:
Half-Life 3 Confirmed!

Someone had to say it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Uncut Half-Life in Germany
22. Re: Uncut Half-Life in Germany Apr 28, 2017, 17:07 Tipsy McStagger

Wesp5 wrote on Apr 28, 2017, 15:15:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 28, 2017, 15:00:
It was crazy good at the time because of things like floating boxes and physics but overall the game had probably one of the worst endings I can remember, the only game that had a worse ending was RAGE.

Are you talking about HL1 or HL2 here? Because HL1 didn't have any physics and didn't end unfinished like HL2 or RAGE. Also while some people didn't like Xen, I loved it because it was finally an alien world that looked alien, not like Unreal which looked much too normal. The jumping sucked, but otherwise the ending was the typical boss fight at the time...

I liked Xen too, and you're probably right about me getting mixed up about HL2 and HL1, thought HL1 introduced floating boxes for the first time in games with ability to control water up and down and affecting items in game.

HL1 ending was the same as other HL endings... Gman puts you in space prison till next time..

News Comments > Uncut Half-Life in Germany
16. Re: Uncut Half-Life in Germany Apr 28, 2017, 15:00 Tipsy McStagger

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 28, 2017, 12:34:
IMO HL1 is probably still the best single player FPS ever made.

Why? It was crazy good at the time because of things like floating boxes and physics but overall the game had probably one of the worst endings I can remember, the only game that had a worse ending was RAGE.

What made the game for me was all the mods that followed with Half-Life.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 24, 2017, 18:48 Tipsy McStagger

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 02:19:
Do we really need to say this every single time? When you reach Ending A aka the end of the first playthrough you finished the prologue of the story, nothing more. Do you think I mean this somehow non-literal? I literally mean the prologue, the next playthrough is from a different perspective, same for the playthrough after that (which is a true continuation and from varying perspectives). Which then leads to endings C and D and the true Ending (E) (after reaching either ending C or D, you have free reign over where you go and what you do. You can teleport to every single part of the story and even replay parts you did with 1 character with another character, which can often lead to interesting new discoveries.

This sounds interesting and probably the best description of why I might want to try and play this game.

Unfortunately, I'm currently locked into Mass Effect: Andromeda.. which will probably take up months of play time, then i'll be dawn of war III.. So no idea when I'll get time to actually play this. 50 hours of play takes me a month or more now.. I remember when that was like a week of gameplay. Oh how times have changed.

News Comments > Starfighter Origins Tomorrow
11. Re: Starfighter Origins Tomorrow Apr 24, 2017, 13:43 Tipsy McStagger

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 10:01:
Wow, where did this come from? Need to check this out!

Exactly what I was thinking...

Will wait to see reviews but all I wanted out of star citizen was another Freespace 2 type game. This might scratch that itch and actually get released.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2017, 17:05 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2017, 15:45:
What's really amazing is that most cancer would never occur with a better standard of living and better diet and exercise.

I actually think this is semi-false. I believe diet has a large roll in cancers but exercise and standard of living would only have minimum affects. Take a look at Andy Whitfield, a man in his prime with diet and exercise and struck down with Lymphoma.

I think Cancer deaths are increasing as a result of improved diagnosis. Cancer has been killing people since the start of human race.

I think the reason billions get invested into the cure is because you'll basically either die of Cancer or Heart Disease. Discovering the cure for cancer would be akin to being the forefathers of electricity.

Lots of wack jobs say "They have a cure but the pharmaceutical companies are hiding it because they make more off the treatments." which is a ludicrous statement for two reasons:
#1 - What scientist, even non-scientists like megalomaniac CEOs wouldn't want their name associated with curing it?
#2 - A cure would herald in more profits than you could imagine. Many people would take out a mortgage like loan on a cure for their cancer. Given, you need collateral.. but maybe that's where a futuristic dystopian society of slave labour might come in.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2017, 14:16 Tipsy McStagger

\m/ I always celebrate earth day with Devin Townsend

Bonus Devin Townsend clip from Shoot Em Up Headbang

News Comments > Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com
3. Re: Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com Apr 20, 2017, 13:06 Tipsy McStagger

Played all of these and this was by far the best.

Great for a few laughs,

Johnny Gat all the way.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2017, 10:56 Tipsy McStagger

I'll believe Deadwood comes back when I see the show on TV.

Those HBO guys who cancelled it are SAN FRANCISCO COCKSUCKA!!!

News Comments > Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month
27. Re: Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month Apr 18, 2017, 16:57 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 06:23:
Well, at 600 hours of gameplay, you could rest assured not only would she be not wrapping her Camaro around a telephone pole, but also that she'd be not out getting pregnant. Win-win.

Some people want to have grand children sooner though.. Just gotta be willing to take care of the babies more.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Surge
8. Re: Gone Gold - The Surge Apr 18, 2017, 13:39 Tipsy McStagger

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 13:03:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 12:19:
Games that do it great on rails, Call of Duty single players. They also have some of the best FPS stories you'll ever play.

Shocked Stunned Shocked Stunned Shocked

r u sucking ferious bro???

Hahaha_no Hahaha_no Hahaha_no

Well I will say I haven't played a COD since MW2 so maybe shit has changed horribly but they did a great job having action scenes and actual stories.

Other games with good stories on rails:
Halo, Fear, Bioshock...

Bioshock is more of an FPSRPG than an FPS. But whatever, it's still on rails.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Surge
5. Re: Gone Gold - The Surge Apr 18, 2017, 12:19 Tipsy McStagger

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 11:36:
Watched some gameplay videos and wow.... on rails repeat till dead masher.

I've never really understood the whole complaint about "On Rails".

Games that do it great on rails, Call of Duty single players. They also have some of the best FPS stories you'll ever play.

"On Rails" works well when you deliver a story. Games usually suck when there's no story at all.

News Comments > Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month
9. Re: Grimoire Gets Greenlight, Due Next Month Apr 17, 2017, 15:14 Tipsy McStagger

20 years of development? LOL!!!

Also while I like the idea of crazy old complexity RPGs.. It needs to be fun at the end of the day.

Usually these get caught up in super complexity and not enough on the fun part.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2017, 14:44 Tipsy McStagger

lol @ cancer diet plan.  

News Comments > Diablo III Necromancer Beta
5. Re: Diablo III Necromancer Beta Apr 12, 2017, 16:07 Tipsy McStagger

Path of exile is about to release 6 new acts.

Diablo 3 is releasing a rehashed class.

Path of exile is free.

Diablo 3 is still overpriced.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
5. Re: Hardware Reviews Apr 11, 2017, 17:55 Tipsy McStagger

Simon Says wrote on Apr 11, 2017, 16:51:
One thing to consider is that going with the 7700k platform is a dead end. There won't be any possibilities for upgrades. Wherehas the Am4+ platform will still be compatible, allegedly, with 2020 CPUs.

I would never build a system based on empty promises of future upgrades.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Apr 10, 2017, 21:32 Tipsy McStagger

Bumpy wrote on Apr 10, 2017, 21:04:
It's United's plane, they can do what they want for the safety of everyone.

It's in the fine print that no one reads that anyone they choose can get removed for overbooking.

The guy was an ass to everyone for not cooperating.

Disagree 100%.

We live in a day in age where it should not be possible to overbook a flight. We have the technology, and the ways to stop such a thing from happening. United chooses to overbook to maybe stop empty seats for profit.

FUCK THEM.

As well, how is it that passengers fault that the airline overbooked to try and save some money on seats? In my opinion the standby crew can go fuck themselves and the airline can go fuck themselves and charter a dedicated plane for their standby crew that they desperately needed.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 10, 2017, 15:19 Tipsy McStagger

Not surprising malware and adware jumped into Macs by that much.

They started getting more market share, thus the scum will follow.

News Comments > Minecraft Adding Real-Money Marketplace
5. Re: Minecraft Adding Real-Money Marketplace Apr 10, 2017, 11:15 Tipsy McStagger

Good business move, bad for parents.

Queue millions of parental groans due to incessant nagging for Minecraft maps and skins!

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched
6. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched Apr 6, 2017, 21:37 Tipsy McStagger

Just play multiplayer till they really patch this thing good.

Multiplayer is awesome.

1110 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo