Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1111 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2017, 11:06 Tipsy McStagger

All these announcements just make me realize more and more that I don't have any time to finish the games I want to play.

I'm not even doing stupid shit like trying to get all achievements either..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 8, 2017, 02:32 Tipsy McStagger

NKD wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 20:16:
Sounds like they had serious management problems over there at Bioware Montreal. The scope change away from procedural generation was a necessary evil but I don't think they handled it very well.

Don't have time to read that article right now but I'll tell you this.

Project management is extremely important. you get the wrong manager and the whole thing goes off the rails.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 7, 2017, 15:36 Tipsy McStagger

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 7, 2017, 11:52:
If only this had been a SP RPG or even just a clone of Mount and Blade.... soooooooooooooooooooooooo much potential wasted

They can just use the coding and make that later for double the income.. duh!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2017, 14:36 Tipsy McStagger

It would be scary if it wasn't daddy long legs..

News Comments > EVERSPACE Launches
32. Re: EVERSPACE Launches Jun 2, 2017, 15:08 Tipsy McStagger

NetHead wrote on May 27, 2017, 19:45:
Agent-Zero wrote on May 26, 2017, 21:26:
i guess chromatic aberration is the new bloom

I've been muttering that to myself for ages. Every studio that, for some time now, slathers it all over the screen are doing nothing but make themselves seem amateurish. Like a low budget movie which paid for one special effect so used it constantly everywhere.

It's embarrassing, though far more annoying than the bloom phase some went through. The bloom craze sucked but chromatic aberration has the effect of making eyes feel like they're unfocused accelerating eyestrain while being annoying as hell.

If you notice the chromatic aberration you're doing it wrong.

I've only seen one game use it cleverly, for the streaks on weapon attacks. Other than things like that it has to be really subtly used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99eUqeT-_4Y

I'm going to check some of my games later but why do they do this? it looks terrible now that it's been pointed out. is it a cheap way of obscuring too sharp edges?

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Jun 2, 2017, 15:01 Tipsy McStagger

Currently there's some balance issues. LRMs are like cheating.. get a scout with sensor lock and two LRM15 boats and you can just salvage exploit knockdown all these mechs. PPCs are horribly useless and lasers are just there.

Hence why this beta is happening, to fix the problems.

News Comments > New Intel CPU Announcements
21. Re: New Intel CPU Announcements May 30, 2017, 13:24 Tipsy McStagger

Ok serious question since I haven't been keeping up on cores/threads in at least 5 years.

What exactly would an 18 core, 36 thread chip be useful for? Wouldn't most gaming not take advantage of any of that?

This would be a chip for rendering and compiling right?

News Comments > Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies
12. Re: Grim Dawn Sells 1M Copies May 25, 2017, 12:52 Tipsy McStagger

I played only a few hours till the first boss, the warden or something.

I'm guessing I'm missing lots of the proper gameplay. Maybe I'll give it a shot again.

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2017, 13:43 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on May 24, 2017, 09:44:
That Chevy article is weird. Whole thing - article included - sounds off. But yeah, those ads are asinine, 'Did you know Chevy won yet another paid award for best cup holders!?!?!?!'

What comes to mind when you think of Chevy? Garbage. Same for all domestic vehicles.

The parody "Real people" ads from chevy are hilarious. The guy who does it gets it spot on. As for the "Fake" awards for JD Power and associates, it's garbage.

I drove a 2007 Chevy 3500 Gas Job for work for about 3.5 years. I put 250,000 km on it down the worst roads you could imagine, towing a trailer almost all the time and leaving it running day and night a lot in the frigid frozen tundras of northern alberta/BC/southern Saskatchewan.

Let me tell you something, it changed my opinion on Chevy trucks, that truck was bulletproof. Nothing went wrong ever, and since it was a company truck, I beat the shit out of it. I was flying down roads with ditches in the middle of them, bottoming it out and bouncing my tools off the roof of the cab. It was a beast. I would definitely buy a Chevy 3500 and recommend anyone to do so. That engine might have said 250,000 kms but it was worn like it had 500,000 kms with how much I left it idling to power my tools.

32. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 16:51 Tipsy McStagger

NKD wrote on May 23, 2017, 15:28:
I'm very much a supporter of the Sam Harris approach here: Empower the true reformers in Islam

Most religions have had "awakenings" for reform. It wasn't that terribly long ago that the Catholic church was torturing people for saying things like the world is round. I just don't see any islamic reform happening in my life time. They've had a good 2000 years without any substantial changes.

News Comments > 2K Financial Results - GTA5 Passes 80M Sales
5. Re: 2K Financial Results - GTA5 Passes 80M Sales May 23, 2017, 14:24 Tipsy McStagger

I played 100's of hours into every GTA except for the last 2.

It's kinda weird that I didn't play the latest actually.

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2017, 12:05 Tipsy McStagger

bigspender wrote on May 23, 2017, 10:14:
Just dreadful!
People aren't going to tolerate this much longer I suspect, not when their children are the targets.

People with 7th century ideologies don't belong in modern society, and they themselves don't want to live in a modern society. The solution seems pretty straight forward to me.

I saw a pretty good write up article years ago about ISIS doing these types of attacks to stir hatred of Islam. Get the local populace to lash out against peaceful Islamic people living in their country, get hatred and racism towards them and they are more likely to join in the extremists cause. It's sort of a way of doing global recruitment..

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
91. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches May 19, 2017, 15:35 Tipsy McStagger

Vall Forran wrote on Apr 2, 2017, 21:30:
I absolutely hated this game at first. I expected the controls to be the same as the previous ME games. They throw so many mechanics at you from the beginning, I promptly forgot them all. I'm a level 46 now and just figured out how profiles work.

Combat is amazing. The "mission quests" (loyalty and major) are absolutely fantastic. But then there are soooo many crazy side quests. The facial animations are a bit weird...they stick out their upper lips on certain syllables but there's so much voice acting I can forgive it. Again, the main missions don't have any of those issues.

I'm more offput by the disparate shaders. The terrain is almost photo realistic, but the Tempest is practically toon-shaded. And all the people wear gear that's either NASA underwear or Destiny/Titanfall crazy sci-fi detailed armor. And then the hair is mostly always terrible.

I've come to the same review as yourself. I think some of the dialogue and choices were terribly put together but overall I quite like the game play.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers
12. Re: Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers May 19, 2017, 12:33 Tipsy McStagger

what game HAS dedicated servers these days?

The years of gamespy is over people.

No more favorites list, no more LPBs.. you don't even get PING in milliseconds anymore in most games, it's a stupid green/yellow/red bar without any definition of where the green/yellow/red starts/ends.

green is below 150 ms? 200 ms?

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2017, 15:30 Tipsy McStagger

If you don't like the news of Powers Booth dying:

Turn the fuck away

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2017, 11:21 Tipsy McStagger

That ocean clean up machine is something that I can't believe isn't getting more publicity and funding.

I'm hoping it works, it might be the biggest environmental cleanup impact in my lifetime if it does.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Trailer
9. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Trailer May 11, 2017, 18:20 Tipsy McStagger

Rhett wrote on May 11, 2017, 15:20:
Plus mod support. This is one of very few games that still gets it...

I really, really want a WH40k Total War game. I think they're the only ones that can pull off something decent like that.

I've been waiting for this, they'd need to rebuild their engine to take cover and a little more AI heavy for the infantry to recognize cover.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched
5. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched May 11, 2017, 14:51 Tipsy McStagger

Was playing single player waiting for multiplayer to get a patch.. Was getting boring using the double ammo glitch and playing only a select few classes.

With the buff to incinerate, maybe the krogan engineer is actually worth playing? probably not.. still going to have to vanguard my way across gold.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Trailer
2. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Trailer May 11, 2017, 10:55 Tipsy McStagger

I'm guessing they didn't keep these as DLCs for Total War: Warhammer 1 because of an engine improvement?

Well that's my hope at least..

News Comments > Prey Released
11. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 13:24 Tipsy McStagger

Beamer wrote on May 5, 2017, 12:40:
maddog wrote on May 5, 2017, 12:15:
I'm 42, still trying to finish the new Doom. Dozey

VaranDragon wrote on May 5, 2017, 11:40:
I wish I had the money, and the time to check out these releases. I skipped Dishonored 2. It just seemed more of the same. This looks much more interesting TBH, however Real Life gets in the way.

I don't know how you people manage to do it. The older I get, the less time I have to devote to gaming. I still do game, but I find that I'm concentrating my gaming time on just one "game" at a time.

I installed Portal 2 for the first time on Monday!

The trick is to never get married and have kids.. because once those happen you're Doomed to never be able to play all the games you want...

1111 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo