Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1441 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 21, 2018, 15:43 Tipsy McStagger

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 13:38:
Orogogus wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 13:31:
What's the math on that? The US population is about 330 million, x $2000 = $660 billion, and Wikipedia says the 2015 US budget was $3.8 trillion. And that's counting men, women and children for the population side, not households or families.

$2000 per month, so your $660 billion x 12 = 7.92 trillion a year. Obviously there would still be some people working, and some people would be children, etc. but you get the idea.

You forget that's based off current tax laws.

Automation will kill jobs, which kills taxation income. A new form of taxation would have to be addressed which would tax businesses an insane amount of money. It CAN work, but it is going to be crazy complex.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 21, 2018, 15:40 Tipsy McStagger

I've paid for Swiftkey first then switched to Swype and I found it wasn't anywhere near as good as Swype was at getting the patterns for words correctly.

My Galaxy S3 was amazing with Swype, but what happened is The company who did the google swype for the S3 didn't get a license renew for the next releases so that's why the subsequent phones default keyboard were absolutely brutal on it. So that's when I picked up Swiftkey and then swype by the company that did S3.. Now to learn that they finally bit it kinda sucks but I'm sure someone has improved, Haven't used the default android keyboard in 4 years (i'm waiting for the S9 to see if I should finally swap out my S5)

I'll try Gboard next thanks for the suggestion.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 21, 2018, 13:33 Tipsy McStagger

I have SWYPE On my phone because it's the best way to type. It's so fluid and easy..

But the last 2 years have been abysmal in performance and it's been progressively getting worse.. No wonder.

News Comments > Path of Exile Bestiary League Next Month
8. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary League Next Month Feb 16, 2018, 13:04 Tipsy McStagger

I've gotten zero six links, never been able to do one myself. I've only been able to 5 link items. Mostly because I only have ~15 hours a week of video gaming maximum. Typical is around 9-10.

I learned to use trading websites heavily a year ago and it made the game much better. It's quick and easy.. someone will message you while you grind and you TP back to your hideout, sell the item, go back to it.

Trading for the items you want is the way to go.

News Comments > Path of Exile Bestiary League Next Month
2. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary League Next Month Feb 16, 2018, 10:41 Tipsy McStagger

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 16, 2018, 10:33:
GGG for better or worse, continues to cater to top 1% of gamers. I see nothing in this which should particularly appeal to the majority of gamers. That said, as I was saying in another topic I'll probably try an RF build in this league.

For a game that doesn't require any payment at all... Who cares..

They release more content than games I paid $60+ for and basically more than most monthly subscription games.

There's a reason I have over 800 hours into it and the next closest is witcher 3 at 300.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 15, 2018, 12:38 Tipsy McStagger

People are fucking sick..

I can't believe they let people push this "miracle cure" bullshit.

Reminds me of this case in Alberta where these fucking holistic wack jobs failed to bring their kid with meningitis to a hospital and tried to give him home remedies and he died.

Idiots

Honestly, I'd love to beat this guy within an inch of his life and ask if he wants holistic treatment or a hospital. I can't believe they'd let their kid suffer like this and still don't believe they did anything wrong.

Fuck this guy

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 15, 2018, 12:30 Tipsy McStagger

The real problem is the video card manufacturers have failed to embrace making a card which is specifically FOR mining.

Honestly, the amount of miners out there are staggering and a dedicated card would be most welcome.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Next Month
2. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Next Month Feb 15, 2018, 11:05 Tipsy McStagger

Vermintide 1 was awesomely fun but had some serious gamebreaking bugs at higher levels.

I'm hoping this one is better.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2018, 17:04 Tipsy McStagger

Another high school shooting in Florida..

But say no to gun control people.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 13 Details
5. Re: Diablo III Season 13 Details Feb 14, 2018, 13:51 Tipsy McStagger

I honestly don't get why I hated this game.

So I played the shit out of Path of Exile, ~900 hours.

I played 40 hours of D3.

I found D3 to be so incredibly tedious and boring... and I can't figure out why.. I just felt the game didn't play well and the loot system was a huge cluster fuck.

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered
15. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 14, 2018, 10:50 Tipsy McStagger

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 10:59:
The reviews are all middle based, I'll link some hilarious tidbits:

I can fly
Morrowwind Stealth lol
Spinny Stab moves
HUNTING REIMAGINED LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN IT
Moonwalk

All that aside, a bunch of people are saying it's better than skyrims release for bugs.

Posted this yesterday.

Added today:
Liu Kang KICK!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2018, 10:47 Tipsy McStagger

That single atom is actually really cool.

Able to see the lego piece finally.

Hopefully this guys foray into quantum computing and suspending atoms pays off.

News Comments > THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media
3. Re: THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media Feb 14, 2018, 10:33 Tipsy McStagger

I've always liked THQ games.

Saints Row was fun as hell and Metro games were crazy cool and fun. Right now they're working on Metro Exodus which is a sandbox world which shows some serious promise.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2018, 11:44 Tipsy McStagger

Beamer wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 11:31:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 13, 2018, 10:51:
I thought this was kind of surprising:

Remington files for bankruptcy

figured all the gun makers were doing fine.

Blame capitalism. It was bought out by Cerberus Capital, who took control using a leveraged buy out that gave Remington a debt of $1B for the privilege of being purchased. Cerberus then paid itself millions in management fees per year.

No surprise, a company earning just under a billion per year is struggling to pay back the billion in debt it has, on top of those millions in management fees. Same issue TRU is having - it's a viable company, but the debt payoff is destroying it while gaining no benefits from the relationship that required the debt.

Incidentally, the billionaire that owns Remington also owns major defense contractors and was tapped by Trump to review all of our intelligence agencies. He donated millions to Trump. He's no friend of the companies he buys, and certainly not of the employees, of whom he famously transfers wealth from them to himself.

It only takes one gun employee to use one of his made tools to remedy that situation.

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Launch Trailer
4. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Launch Trailer Feb 13, 2018, 10:59 Tipsy McStagger

The reviews are all middle based, I'll link some hilarious tidbits:

I can fly
Morrowwind Stealth lol
Spinny Stab moves
HUNTING REIMAGINED LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN IT
Moonwalk

All that aside, a bunch of people are saying it's better than skyrims release for bugs.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2018, 11:21.

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 12, 2018, 15:45 Tipsy McStagger

Peter M. Smith wrote on Feb 12, 2018, 14:50:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 12, 2018, 11:13:
That's what people think right?

Try: "Whelp, three weeks from now I'll be living in a hotel while I support a go-live. I'll need something to do when I'm not sleeping or working. Don't want to lug the home rig around, so a compromise is acceptable."

That scenario would have been a deciding factor, not the graphics card shortages driving prices up.

Also,

I purchased a pelican case and brought a desktop with me when I traveled around canada for 4 years because gaming laptops were just so horrible.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2018, 12:10 Tipsy McStagger

When death smiles at you, you smile right back blue.

The icy visage of death.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 12, 2018, 11:13 Tipsy McStagger

Gaming Laptops are an oxymoron.

"Well I can't seem to get my 1080 Ti for my desktop, better spend triple the money on a shitty laptop that can't even put out half the power of my desktop"

That's what people think right?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 11:11 Tipsy McStagger

Desalus wrote on Feb 12, 2018, 10:33:
Well this isn't a good sign. I've had a feeling this game might be unpolished and bug ridden when it's released and a 23 GB patch certainly doesn't alleviate that worry. It's very strong evidence that the game went gold before it was even finished.

You mean like the 3 year delay type idea and now they've basically run out of money and need to release it?

yeah i think so too.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
6. Re: Sunday Patches Feb 11, 2018, 21:32 Tipsy McStagger

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 11, 2018, 20:41:
"Finishing" Fallout 4 can be done in less than 6 hours...
Skyrim, less than 3

So I really don't think the games are to blame for your exploration and time wasting leading to you not finishing them

Don't you need keys from the dungeons to open the way? I remember getting stuck at 100 hours in with some "find 8 things"

1441 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo