Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1450 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2018, 16:46 Tipsy McStagger

SirKnight wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 13:21:
Oh so you're one of those hippies. "oh no that's so cruel, it's being tortured" F off. The crab is not scared, it's doing what crabs do. They fight. When an animal fights, it's not scared, it's high on adrenaline and will get it on until it's done.

This is a really stupid comment.

Adrenaline comes from fear and emotional stress.. all those adrenaline junkies are just doing the safest things ever for the highs right?

and no ones been in a fight where they aren't "scared". That 7 foot tall 350 lb steroid freak is still running off fear adrenaline in a fight even though they don't seem scared and they won't admit it.

But in closing: I think that little guy looks delicious but I do somewhat feel bad for my stupid food some days, especially when I didn't drop them fast with a rifle shot and they limp away bleeding out. I feel bad for any animal that isn't killed quickly. Most humans suffer more than a cow does for example.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > HTC VIVE Pro Preorders
15. Re: HTC VIVE Pro Preorders Mar 19, 2018, 13:00 Tipsy McStagger

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 12:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 11:26:
Now waiting on 3rd generation. Sarcasticclap

This. And games. So far nobody has made a VR game that I HAVE to play.

Cockpit and racing games are pretty much HAVE to try.. they feel just so damn good.

Elite Dangerous is just ridiculous.

11. Re: HTC VIVE Pro Preorders Mar 19, 2018, 12:00 Tipsy McStagger

theglaze wrote on Mar 19, 2018, 11:54:
Also, the Pro supports 30x30 ft space, double the original.

As a Rift owner who wants a 37% bump in resolution, buying into the whole VIVE ecosystem is simply too expensive. Only those already heavily invested into VIVE would consider this upgrade.

Vive has better tracking than the Rift which is currently my biggest regret with buying the rift. It's not that bad but sometimes it's annoying for clipping. That 30 ft x 30 ft would actually be pretty good for my set up. But still ridiculous when you look at:
HTC Vive:
Resolution: 1080 x 1200 pixels per eye (2160 x 1200 pixels combined)
HTC Vive Pro
Resolution: 1440 x 1600 pixels per eye (2880 x 1600 pixels combined)
Oculus Rift:
Resolution: 1080 x 1200 per eye (2160 x 1200 pixels combined)

They just need more pixels per eye and should have waited.

7. Re: HTC VIVE Pro Preorders Mar 19, 2018, 11:23 Tipsy McStagger

I've been waiting for the next "Rift" upgrade.. I love VR gaming. it's crazy awesome and not some crappy gimmick.

The problem with VR gaming is the Screen door effect where the pixels are too low resolution so it looks like you're looking through the mesh of a screen door when you look at distance.

This will get less and less with higher resolution.

Yet this VIVE PRO doesn't have that much of a jump in resolution. I'd say this is going to shoot them in the foot more than waiting and doing double the resolution per eye. As an avid VR user who has lots of disposable money.. I even consider this to be a giant waste.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Video Teases New Biomes
4. Re: MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Video Teases New Biomes Mar 15, 2018, 17:03 Tipsy McStagger

Task wrote on Mar 15, 2018, 16:45:
MW5 Pitch video from Smith&Tinker.

For example, it's 2018 with VR headsets and we still can't have a MechWarrior game with 360 viewing in a NeuroHelmet and stuck looking out a single cockpit window. At least the previous games had rear and side cameras programmed in freakin' 1995.

This is my current major beef with MWO, why no VR?

As for the video, I remember that but it looks so clunky and non-fluid. The idea of big buildings to hide around is not exactly innovative as they have to have a way of piloting well and having a fluid movement system. Also, they need melee but it's very hard to put into a game like this.

I also laugh because in the year 3015 optics are worse than 2018.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Video Teases New Biomes
2. Re: MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Video Teases New Biomes Mar 15, 2018, 16:37 Tipsy McStagger

I'm perfectly fine with Piranha games using MWO profits to funnel into this game.

Most people wanted a single player Mechwarrior game.

But, I don't think Piranha is good enough to program decent AI into the game. So I think this will kind of suck. Not that the old games had great AI or anything, but we should have better.

This could be a crazy good game if they get AI good so even with 2-4 people Co-Op Lance it would be hard.

News Comments > Surviving Mars Begins
1. Re: Surviving Mars Begins Mar 15, 2018, 16:33 Tipsy McStagger

*add to wish list

Dammit another one I want to play...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2018, 14:53 Tipsy McStagger

First thing I thought was "I'd carry mace and a knife too if my brother was arrested for killing colored people in a mass shooting" but the more I read when she started saying "Fixing.. black people" I started to realize that even though the first one made sense, she certainly isn't that far off from her brother and the parents are probably white trash to the max.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2018, 12:58 Tipsy McStagger

"Finland is worlds happiest country"

All that black heavy metal is doing them wonders.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Trailer
17. Re: BATTLETECH Trailer Mar 15, 2018, 11:18 Tipsy McStagger

Darks wrote on Mar 15, 2018, 08:14:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 14, 2018, 23:35:
I backed this based off their delivered products before with kickstarter.. I don't think I'll be disappointed.

So, if you backed it then you should have been playing the beta.

If not then why? The beta has been available to anyone who backed the game.

I don't like playing Beta/Alpha games.. I don't have much time to play anymore and I liked polished games so I usually play things months after release. I followed the beta backer thread on another forum about balance/mechs/issues and they did a great job of addressing issues. So looking forward to this.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Trailer
6. Re: BATTLETECH Trailer Mar 14, 2018, 23:35 Tipsy McStagger

I backed this based off their delivered products before with kickstarter.. I don't think I'll be disappointed.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 14, 2018, 14:26 Tipsy McStagger

This looks like complete shit.

It looks like one single room, horrible enemies with no AI, bad sprite models and a gimmicky mirror?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2018, 17:35 Tipsy McStagger

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 13, 2018, 13:20:
If you build it, they will come.

This.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2018, 15:45 Tipsy McStagger

"Vanishing Bone"

Was a pretty neat article... I'm sure it's way more in depth than that 500 words but I find it interesting how guess and check medical science is.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Mar 12, 2018, 14:31 Tipsy McStagger

Protest

Don't feed the trolls by even talking about this dumb shit.

Trollbashing

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 9, 2018, 17:49 Tipsy McStagger

Yes!!!

What kind of prison? better not be one of those country clubs...

News Comments > Valve Plans to Make Games
28. Re: Valve Plans to Make Games Mar 9, 2018, 16:15 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 15:42:
Reasonable is reviewing every game first. It's not like Steam can't afford to hire the people to do that. Or even have a legion of volunteers do it in exchange for a free copy of the game they're reviewing. Reasonable also means taking responsibility for EA titles and ensuring they're delivered in full working order or that customers get their money back. And enough with the 2 hour bullshit. A lot of games take that long to setup and just familiarize yourself with them. Something like 10 hours would be reasonable. And lastly allow people to resell their games. I have a library full of shit I'm never going to play again or never played at all from bundles and stuff. And some actual real customer service would be nice. So, sorry Gabe, but you still have a long goddamned way to go.

This is a dumb argument to make about Steam selling "Shitty titles" and not reviewing them.

They have in the past taken down scams and honestly, I'm not sure how their payment system works but I'm sure they can withhold payment for greenlight title better.

This isn't walmart and these aren't typical products that a payment was made for it to do a simple task, There's 5000 light bulb manufacturers but of course walmart only sells a few because they are trusted. This is simple because a product like this is easy and straight forward.

Videogames are not so easy and straight forward as what's fun and exciting for someone isn't the same as another. So reviewing broken/janky games internally and saying it doesn't meet code would never fly with high selling game like GOAT SIMULATOR.

What I do agree with is the time frame on refunds is very short.. but if you make it 10 hours you've just screwed a bunch of story driven triple A titles out of funds because someone could finish and then refund. Example: HellBlade Senua's Sacrifice. That game will stick with me forever but it was only 7 hours.

So it's not so cut and dry, I think they have the right idea for refunds and they should withhold payouts to Developers and give refunds to obvious scam titles. Yet, with our current technology a simple twitch/youtube tells you everything you need to know.

So, sometimes the consumer is mostly to blame for idiocy and steam shouldn't have to address that.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released
9. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released Mar 9, 2018, 13:52 Tipsy McStagger

Numinar wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 08:42:
Early reports say itís a prettier version of previous game, so Iíll probably get this. I quite like my quality repetitive co-op loot shooters! Just hope that GMG deal is still on tomorrow and the key is region free.

It's prettier with better mechanics. Less game breaking swing throughs.. they really improved.

24. Re: The Battle for Star Control Continues Mar 9, 2018, 13:46 Tipsy McStagger

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 13:32:
HALF Life 3.... bleh who the fuck am I kidding, we are too old for this shit. If you had a child they'd be graduating from college by now.

Half life 2 was released in 2004. So they would be 14 by now.. Halflife 1 was released in 1998 so that would be mid college.. yet we all know you don't go halflife 1 to halflife 3.. so the start would be half life 2.

13. Re: Valve Plans to Make Games Mar 9, 2018, 11:37 Tipsy McStagger

Why isn't this thread filled with HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!! ?

You guys are getting slow...

1450 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo