Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1198 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2018, 12:15 Tipsy McStagger

just pour a little vinegar in a bowl and keep it beside the onion you're slicing if you can't handle the onion..  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2018, 10:50 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 21:45:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 8, 2018, 13:40:
So what happens if ALL the ISPs in the state violate Net Neutrality rules (Not like Hawaii could have that many)... do they drop the internet for all their government employee offices and shut down all the government web servers???

Not saying it would happen... just seems interesting on the "who needs who" front. Bigger States with way more carriers have a much better chance of getting away with this.

It's like Cutter says: Hawaii nationalizes the internet.

Might as well. They have a phone company which offers less than 10mpbs, and a cable company, both review 5/10 in satisfaction. It's essentially a monopoly if you want fast internet. The government couldn't do worse.

Lots of small towns started making their own internet in the USA at much, much faster speeds.. there's a case for the state to do it.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2018, 15:56 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2018, 15:46:
First thing I'd do is change my name. Then I'd disappear and stay gone for years at least. Just take a long slow trip around the world via first class ship and train, and road tripping in a luxury camper van sorta thing. And hire a company to scrub all online info - using right to be forgotten etc. - about me. I'd probably travel with a bodyguard or two for the first year or two until I knew I could relocate somewhere safe and no one would know who I am. I'd probably just end up traveling the rest of my days.

I'd invest heavily and try to create some sort of charity that's self-sustaining through invesments - DRIPs - that would continue in perpetuity for long after I'm gone.

You'd have to do this for everyone you ever loved. People will kidnap your uncles/cousins/etc to get money from you.

In the age of bitcoin, it's a lot harder to not pay them.

Personally, I'll claim it for her for a small fee of 1%.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 7, 2018, 15:49 Tipsy McStagger

Have this game on my wishlist right now because it reminded me railroad tycoon... and I played the shit out of railroad tycoon.

I think there's a couple bugs but overall should be a good game in a few months.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2018, 14:05 Tipsy McStagger

Pigeon wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 13:30:

Hughes estimated he will need to raise about $2m to bankroll his adventure.

Oh okay he just wants idiots to fund his ridiculous hobby. I get it now.

Golfclap

Exactly.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2018, 11:06 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 10:54:
Hughes has plans to run for governor but I say he should run for president, we all know he's more sane than the dotard.

Trump Considering Firing Dow Jones Industrial Average, so if you take credit for the stock market going up do you also get credit for it falling down.

You crazy americans and your constant need to talk about your president.

Anyways, this Hughs guy is obviously using this as a get rich scheme..
because 1,800 feet (even if it's a typo, 18,000 feet isn't high) he'll never prove the earth is flat from that height.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2018, 14:46 Tipsy McStagger

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 14:43:
HoSpanky wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 11:19:
Watched the Cloverfield Paradox last night when it was released...it's a trainwreck. Oddly, it's quite watchable, but the plot is horribly broken. Bad things happen for no reason, EVERYTHING that goes wrong is just another "space time anomaly", no matter how ridiculous it is. Each weird thing feels like a completely separate movie idea that MIGHT have a convoluted explanation, but not IF the other things happen too.
The acting is quite good, and the effects are top-class, but that's because it was originally going to theaters. It's certainly very neat while it's happening but doesn't stand up to even a tiny bit of scrutiny. Its link to the Cloverfield series is pretty tenuous, and apparently that was added in last minute. Supposedly, it was added in last minute to 10 Cloverfield Lane as well, but THAT movie was rock fucking solid.

You are correct, both 10 Cloverfield Lane and Cloverfield Paradox were other films initially, unrelated to Cloverfield, then for some mind boggling reason, were bought and added to, and shoe-horned into the Cloverfield universe.

It's really a shame, because 10 Cloverfield Lane was a pretty good movie, even with the tacked on crap. It would have been great if left as intended, just a psychological horror/mystery film about a guy's underground bunker(no aliens).

I actually loved that the crazy alien nut was actually right about Cloverfield lane.

It was a great movie.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2018, 12:10 Tipsy McStagger

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 11:19:
Watched the Cloverfield Paradox last night when it was released...it's a trainwreck. Oddly, it's quite watchable, but the plot is horribly broken. Bad things happen for no reason, EVERYTHING that goes wrong is just another "space time anomaly", no matter how ridiculous it is. Each weird thing feels like a completely separate movie idea that MIGHT have a convoluted explanation, but not IF the other things happen too.
The acting is quite good, and the effects are top-class, but that's because it was originally going to theaters. It's certainly very neat while it's happening but doesn't stand up to even a tiny bit of scrutiny. Its link to the Cloverfield series is pretty tenuous, and apparently that was added in last minute. Supposedly, it was added in last minute to 10 Cloverfield Lane as well, but THAT movie was rock fucking solid.

It's a JJ Abrams as a producer movie.. what did you expect?

He only makes movies with flashy nice looking visuals and horrible plot faults.

His best movies are when he directs and has a good producer to rope him in.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2018, 14:07 Tipsy McStagger

Beamer wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 13:50:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 12:43:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 12:17:
That's amazing. Why isn't that the top headline around the world instead of the latest Trump lunacy?
If they get to human trials and the results are positive, it will.

Yeah. I saw the headlines yesterday, but great stuff happens in mice all the time. Reproducing the results less so, and then making it to humans less so, and it's often decades. While it's a great sign, it's also kind of false hope for many.

Exactly the problem, this could be a glorious year for cancer research or it could go back to the drawing board.

News Comments > Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended
24. Re: Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended Feb 2, 2018, 14:01 Tipsy McStagger

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 13:11:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 12:53:
The average person is just too stupid to critically analyze what they see.

There's is a sever lack of intellectual curiosity with the general population that I never realized existed to the extent it does. I don't know how to solve the problem in this age of identity politics and the hive mind it creates.

Movie reviews are a great indication how little people care to analyze the information they've been given.

20. Re: Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended Feb 2, 2018, 12:53 Tipsy McStagger

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 12:06:
What does "suspended his employment" mean? Has he been fired? I imagine he will be fired as soon as he is indicted, and he might be fired even if he is not. I find it interesting in how quickly everyone cuts their ties to someone even "suspected" of commiting a crime, don't get me wrong please Im not defending child molestors or criminals but I find that "innocent until proven guilty" is just a load of bullshit when it comes to real life.

Something else to look up is that reddit group "Deepfakes" that are now starting to use face mapping and generation to implement fake videos.

Just wait, in the next year fake news will be extremely hard to distinguish.

I predict some serious problems of people getting fired due to these deepfakes.

The average person is just too stupid to critically analyze what they see.

1. Re: Valve's Cliffe Arrested; Suspended Feb 2, 2018, 10:20 Tipsy McStagger

Oooooo

DRAMA!!!!

Half-life 3 confirmed. (Had to say it)

News Comments > Attack on Titan 2 Preorders and Trailer
6. Re: Attack on Titan 2 Preorders and Trailer Feb 1, 2018, 17:26 Tipsy McStagger

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 16:24:
No giant dick (to attack and cut off) on the titan = no buy

There weren't any in the shows either, the titans have just mounds and aren't really female/male.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Feb 1, 2018, 15:23 Tipsy McStagger

the tag line "Real life minecraft" pissed me off.. damn click bait.

But anyways, I laughed when I saw modern sealant paper on the roof and around the chimney.. He didn't use "Ancient' methods all around.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 1, 2018, 13:00 Tipsy McStagger

India also has millions of missing children, people who shit in the streets, people who bath beside bloated rotting corpses in the river, 63 million missing women, horrible call centers of scams, call centers of every single technical support/customer service, horrible engineering outsourced drafting...

Pretty much everything ass backwards.. no wonder they vow to eliminate cryptocurrencies..

News Comments > Attack on Titan 2 Preorders and Trailer
1. Re: Attack on Titan 2 Preorders and Trailer Feb 1, 2018, 11:10 Tipsy McStagger

I didn't realize they made an attack on titan 1 game.

I thought about this a few years ago that this could be a fantastically fun game if they get their swing/balance mechanics right.. it actually looks like it could be a lot of fun.

but alas, I hate Japanese anime designed games with "HHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIYOOOOOOOOOOOOO SUUUUPER HIIIIT!" and "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMMMIIIRAAAAAAAAAAA, YOU DIED!!! *river of tears*"
The over emotes and acting is horrendous in these games, like watching a really bad soap opera.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Free Weekend
18. Re: Fallout 4 Free Weekend Jan 30, 2018, 16:58 Tipsy McStagger

Bodolza wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 16:08:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 15:42:
There's a lot of bugs with VR i hear, making it a horrible shit pile.

You hear wrong. I've encountered a few minor bugs. None are game breaking - just a minor annoyance. For example, it's possible to accidentally bring up both the inventory and settlement menu at the same time, making it impossible to exit either menu, so you have to restart. Annoying, but once you do it a couple times, you learn to be careful about not activating the settlement menu.

Scopes don't work yet, but that's supposed to be fixed very soon.

Sounds pretty broken to me. Sounds like should wait 3-4 months.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Free Weekend
14. Re: Fallout 4 Free Weekend Jan 30, 2018, 15:42 Tipsy McStagger

Bodolza wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 14:52:
The game is pretty amazing in VR. Standing on top of Trinity Tower at dusk and watching the fires burning below and fog rolling through the hills in the distance. Knowing you can walk to anywhere you can see. As someone else said, it's what we dreamed about as kids.

There's a lot of bugs with VR i hear, making it a horrible shit pile.

Rift and Vive problems.

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: Into the Black Jan 30, 2018, 14:01 Tipsy McStagger

All these comments about how these people should die and ass cancer etc..

You need to get a different perspective.. Yes what they're doing is wrong and incites anger but what if you tried to live in their shoes? Sometimes people do desperate things in desperate times.. Not saying it's the right way to handle it, but some people get dealt a bad hand and then try to solve it in the worst way possible.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2018, 12:50 Tipsy McStagger

For the battery problem:

Do you do short trips in the car often? Batteries don't fully recharge and most mechanics will tell you that you need to drive 15 minutes + to recharge the battery. If you seriously drive only 5 minutes each time your battery will die in a couple years instead of lasting for 4-5 years like usual.

Rough article on it

1198 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo