Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1412 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2018, 14:42 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Jul 12, 2018, 12:54:
Hubless Wheels + Aircraft Motor = Awesome.

If you're going to make something that futuristic (and that big) may as well go full electric.

First thing I noticed is if that guy slides back at all he'll actually destroy himself, it needs a back/ass guard.

Bike looks cool though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's Future Witcher Plans
7. Re: CD Projekt RED's Future Witcher Plans Jul 11, 2018, 22:31 Tipsy McStagger

I'd love a letho of gulet Witcher please.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2018, 12:07 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 12:06:
Crowley was being held on $50,000 bail on a charge of criminal endangerment. Additional charges will follow, the sheriff's office said in a statement Sunday.

How about no bail and making that attempted murder to start? Couldn't give the kid up to CPS instead? Fucking human beings. This is why the species is doomed. The world is full of assholes like this. They should bring back crucifixion for monsters like him.

Completely agree with you on this one.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 9, 2018, 15:11 Tipsy McStagger

Bumpy wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 12:56:
Very clever overlay, took a good bit of time to make but install speed more than makes up for it.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Go to stores, view what they use for a POS system. Get one yourself and copy all the dimensions for the overlay, 3d print your plastic overlay with clips on the back and voila.. you can now go to a bunch of stores and just put it down quickly and skim away.

News Comments > Steam Competitor Coming from China
19. Re: Steam Competitor Coming from China Jul 9, 2018, 15:05 Tipsy McStagger

Moog wrote on Jul 9, 2018, 11:32:
Until I can get WeGame on Steam, I'm not interested

Exactly how I feel.

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Video
27. Re: Anthem Gameplay Video Jul 6, 2018, 11:42 Tipsy McStagger

So here's my 2 cents:

-EA is a shit company looking to milk the crap out of gamers. Bungie has been doing this with Destiny 1 and 2 with horrible content for full price of AAA games. This will be no different. While I have no problem with purely cosmetic micro transactions, this won't be that. Get ready for "Your super ability that you want is in loot boxes"
-Games in Alpha, that being said the combat looks very borderlands/division with bullet sponges. While some people hate this it can be a lot of fun as you're getting maximum DAKKA.
-obviously it looks like console interface because that'll be the platform they're going for with teenagers begging mom and dad for chicken logos on their pink mechs and such. See Fortnite success for more details in cosmetics.
-They're trying to sell people on "FLY UP AND DOWN!" but that doens't mean it'll be fun. It's a gimmick unless they multi-tier maps that the same boss dungeon can be done 4 different ways with 4 different play styles.. in which case that would take too much development time so they'll do 4 multi-tiers, all of them the same and one will be the #1 choice for speed loot runs and no one will see the other 3 tiers until thye group with their friends drinking and wanting to check out others.
-the giant numbers of 107! 107! 107! is actually really annoying.. It needs to be a generation above their heads not in front of the hit location. It greatly limits your accuracy of shooting.

Overall, it has lots of potential. I fear it'll be released 1 year early and will nickel and dime quarter and dollar you for little things that should have been in from the start.

News Comments > Conan Exiles is Funcom's Best and Fastest Seller Ever
12. Re: Conan Exiles is Funcom's Best and Fastest Seller Ever Jul 5, 2018, 17:19 Tipsy McStagger

So this game is basically ARK/RUST/DayZ/Etc type of game right?  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2018, 18:29 Tipsy McStagger

Toys R Us near my house is still going strong, it's the busiest store in Canada apparently.

It's good to be a Canuck today..

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video
20. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 18:24 Tipsy McStagger

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 17:38:
Creston wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 10:33:
- God that engine is an unoptimized piece of shit. They have an FPS counter going when the marine is walking through literally an empty room with no textures etc, and it's barely breaking 40fps. :\
Fion wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 12:36:
The low poly 'soldier' in a low poly room with basic textures who can barely walk without crashing the framerate is hilarious to me. Ooh, you can rotate his hand! This is what 6 years and $180 million gets us?
That's from the editor, which always runs much slower. With the latest 3.2 patch I've been running at up to 90fps and currently most of the performance issues are server related. Not to mention the Vulkan renderer hasn't been added, which should improve performance a lot.

As for development, the issue for me is transparency. We were told we were going to get a S42 presentation back in 2016 and apparently it was nearly ready. Then we saw nothing of it until late 2017 after a media blackout and it really didn't show much, other than the excellent acting performances. We were then promised a schedule and even the SCHEDULE has been delayed for years.

When you see a video like this and they're talking about still fleshing out the behaviour and look of the main opponent in the game it hardly gives people hope. To claim that the game is so close to being finished that they can't show much is laughable.

What's needed for Squadron 42 is a roadmap like we have with Star Citizen. Things may get delayed but at least we know what needs to be done and when it's currently expected. The lack of communication regarding Squadron 42 is unacceptable.

When the resident Star Citizen fanboy isn't defending the game... we know something is seriously wrong.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video
14. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 15:59 Tipsy McStagger

I didn't watch the video fully, skipped through it to see if there was anything cool to see..

Is this really just like 5 minutes of a shitty model holding books/cans/bottles and them getting excited?

That's like the last thing I would care about when playing a game. The can could float through his hand and I wouldn't give a crap if the game was fun.

News Comments > The Slater Announced
4. Re: The Slater Announced Jun 28, 2018, 18:32 Tipsy McStagger

aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 28, 2018, 11:38:
Max Payne meets Agent 47 ..?

First thing I thought of was sort of this.. let me fix it for you.

Shitty Max Payne meets Shitty Agent 47?

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Launches
1. Re: Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Two Launches Jun 28, 2018, 15:38 Tipsy McStagger

Might have to go back to the best VR experience I've had..

SPACE DOGFIGHTING!

News Comments > The Slater Announced
1. Re: The Slater Announced Jun 28, 2018, 10:59 Tipsy McStagger

Obligatory SLATER  

News Comments > Fortnite Sets Monthly F2P Sales Record
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 27, 2018, 18:17 Tipsy McStagger

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 14:27:
aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 14:04:
mind boggling - how you can make over a Billion dollars selling virtual items.

get a good fraction of the kids in the world playing your game and begging their parents for that cool outfit all their friends have, and you have a gold mine, it turns out =)

I was eating dinner at a restaurant the other day and the family beside me was arguing with their kid about fortnite and his friends all playing it.

Kid was maybe 8-10 years old. Didn't realize is was THAT big.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 27, 2018, 14:36 Tipsy McStagger

2000 connector order just to play duck hunt? jesus.... I bet this cost him at least 500$ US for that.  

News Comments > Fortnite Sets Monthly F2P Sales Record
2. Re: Fortnite Sets Monthly F2P Sales Record Jun 27, 2018, 12:55 Tipsy McStagger

Darks wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 12:49:
This is actually disgusting that people throw away their money so easily on virtual items. This was very obvious at E3 on how much Swag and all the free food they were giving away.

Especially the Freshly made Chocolate Chip cookies they were baking on site thought out the entire E3 experience.

You know what they say about a fool and their money.

No sign of the ending of those micro transactions in sight. I don't have any beef with cosmetic items though so at least good on fortnite for that.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2018, 18:59 Tipsy McStagger

Kxmode wrote on Jun 26, 2018, 14:49:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 26, 2018, 14:26:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 26, 2018, 13:30:
I believe this build will run 60FPS at 4K with most settings set to high or maxed. Can anyone confirm?

Ignore the missing components like the power supply. I plan on cannibalizing those from my current machine.

It's better to talk on tomshardware about this stuff. That's a high end build but I would wait a few months because the next generation of Geforce is supposed to be coming. the 1180 basically. I'm currently running an i7-4700k, noctua DH-14 fan, 16 GIGs of old slow DDR3, a first or second generation intel 480 gig SSD (it works great) and a GeForce 980Ti and I'm running pretty muche everything on ultra at 1080p. I'm currently waiting for the next generation of geforce to do a build pretty much exactly like that (K processor instead of the base 8700). 4K 60 FPS is hard to get with most games even with a 1080 Ti.. which is why you should wait a little and go for the next generation. Current benchmarks are showing usual FPS on ultra for those games at 4K around 40fps.

My understanding is the 1080 ti was specifically designed for 4K quality beyond 60 FPS. If someone doesn't have a 4K display then the 1080 ti is a waste of money.

yes it currently "IS" the best 4K gaming card. But it's almsot 2 years old and it's the start of 4K gaming basically, considering 4K gaming is the future, the next iteration of Nvidia cards for this is going to be ~20% faster.

I'd suggest typing in google "geforce 1080 Ti 4K gaming benchmarks" and going through the list, certain games perform like crazy (games slightly older than the 1080Ti Release).

If you're going to spend 800$ on a card right now, why not wait the extra 2 months and sort of "Future proof" your system for another 2 years more with 200$.

What I forgot to mention is I have 10K squared away for an 80" 4K display (if i can get it) and a new system to run the games and I'm just sitting and waiting for that next tech leap to do so.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2018, 14:26 Tipsy McStagger

Kxmode wrote on Jun 26, 2018, 13:30:
I believe this build will run 60FPS at 4K with most settings set to high or maxed. Can anyone confirm?

Ignore the missing components like the power supply. I plan on cannibalizing those from my current machine.

It's better to talk on tomshardware about this stuff. That's a high end build but I would wait a few months because the next generation of Geforce is supposed to be coming. the 1180 basically. I'm currently running an i7-4700k, noctua DH-14 fan, 16 GIGs of old slow DDR3, a first or second generation intel 480 gig SSD (it works great) and a GeForce 980Ti and I'm running pretty muche everything on ultra at 1080p. I'm currently waiting for the next generation of geforce to do a build pretty much exactly like that (K processor instead of the base 8700). 4K 60 FPS is hard to get with most games even with a 1080 Ti.. which is why you should wait a little and go for the next generation. Current benchmarks are showing usual FPS on ultra for those games at 4K around 40fps.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2018, 10:40 Tipsy McStagger

I watched a "documentary" on a family a few years ago that moved across the USA to Colorado to gain access to cannabidiol to treat their son who suffered these seizures. His seizures dropped to almost non-existant on the stuff. They were saying it's mental how this isn't a prescribed treatment.. Well guess they can move back if they want to shortly.

Personally, I think there's a ton of bullshit surrounding how much of a medical miracle marijuana is but there are definitely some good things buried under that bullshit.

News Comments > Neverwinter: Ravenloft Launches
1. Re: Neverwinter: Ravenloft Launches Jun 26, 2018, 10:32 Tipsy McStagger

at first I was like "OMG A NEW PARTY RPG?" then I realized its for the MMO and I was disappointed.

1412 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo