Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1109 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Longsword - Tabletop Tactics Early Access
9. Re: Longsword - Tabletop Tactics Early Access Jul 24, 2017, 18:06 Tipsy McStagger

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 10:51:
By the same guy that abandoned support for Stardrive for Stardrive II which was then abandoned for this. I wouldn't waste the money.

Were they early access games which never finished? or horribly buggy?

It's not unheard of to finish a game then work on the next....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 24, 2017, 12:59 Tipsy McStagger

Ugh... This is a story with no good news in it..

Not only did a 14 year old lose her life, her sister will ultimately spiral into depression from guilt.

Jail won't be half as punishing as that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2017, 00:50 Tipsy McStagger

Retired wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 20:36:
Blurb about buying a horrible house

my markets different from your market, but where I'm from 600K gets you a small plot of land and a 2000sqft house with ~1000 sqft basement.

Anyways, i wouldn't buy that house unless it was 100,000$ under the next lowest listing because it sounds like you're buying a home handymans fixer project who was only qualified to fix squeaky door. You WILL find horrible problems that will cost you money.

Examples include:
-Improper electrical wiring that could easily cause a fire. These include hidden splice boxes and too many terminations on a single circuit run.
-You already see plumbing problems, bad ones aren't cheap fixes especially when you're talking sewage backup. Depending on your bylaws, they might be required to have a backflow preventer which he failed to install.
-improper supports for walls removed, people love to remove walls and never brace the house, when the ceiling sags after a winter or two and you notice the drywall breaking you'll be very mad at how much it costs to jack and support a house.
-If the basement had water problems, might never have gotten a proper fix which means mold. Mold means horrible long term health problems if not taken care of.
-Ducting work for exhaust fans in bathrooms/microwave/stove might all be MacGuyvered to shit, they're just exhausting mold and rot into your walls/ceilings
-Furnace Ducting done wrong, improper heating in house and therefore cold rooms and hot rooms.
Even worse than above, backdrafts on hot water tanks or furnaces which can mean vacuum suction of poisonous gas into your house. This isn't very common but it can happen.
-Improper subfloor installation, this causes cracking of floors and tiles.

Anyways, it sounds bad.. really bad.. Usually the type of thing you walk away from. Last year I renovated a house built in 1964 and sold it, redid everything. All electrical, plumbing, moved structural, added a massive 6 ply 24" beam for support ~30' span, moved furnace and ducting, I mean everything. Place was a flood damaged wreck in a great community.

The buyers asked all the right questions:
"Can I see your building permits?"
"Can I see your city inspection certificates"
"Can I see your structural design sign off and stamping by an engineer"

Basically, If your city/area/whereever has building bylaws and permits, ask to see all of them. But it sounds like the guys shifty as fuck because there's things wrong.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 21, 2017, 17:41 Tipsy McStagger

Nullity wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 11:57:
Verizon Wireless Users Claim Company is Throttling Netflix

Well sure, why not? With the current administration an that lying piece of shit corporate shill Ajit Pai running the FCC, they can do pretty much whatever they want now.

Bend over and brace yourselves, it's only going to get worse.

Especially with looking at Net Neutrality again..

It's a bad world.

10. Re: Justin Bieber banned from China for 'bad behaviour.' Jul 21, 2017, 16:43 Tipsy McStagger

SlimRam wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 15:58:
Hell he's had a DUI in Miami, he's been banned from Argentina for a bodyguard beating up a paparazzi, and THE WORST: He egged his neighbors HOUSE!

Is there ANY LIMIT to Bieber's criminal behavior? He's a menace to society for God's sake!

He is the EPITOME of music's "Bad Boy". Stay safe China and just say NO to the BIEBER!

If only the rest of the world would ban him *sigh*

This is a joke right? Most people have done some bad things in their life like Egg someones house.. Not everyone gets a DUI but I can see how it happens where you thought you were good but weren't. I personally don't even risk it anymore since my livelihood depends on me driving. I can see how people go to a friends for dinner, drink half a bottle of wine (1 bottle is ~5 shots of vodka fyi) and drive and blow 0.09 BAC. Does that mean they're horrible endangering people? Most of them can walk and talk perfectly fine.

"Cops claimed they busted Bieber drag racing drunk in Miami beach earlier this year but tests proved he wasn't over the blood limit for alcohol.

A tracking device in his rented yellow Lamborghini supercar also proved he wasn't speeding at the time he was pulled over."

Anyways what I'm saying is.. If I had 250 million dollars when I was his age I would be in a lot worse trouble than he is/was. I think he's actually been pretty tame for a young millionaire with a massive ego.

News Comments > Age of Heroes VR Released
3. Re: Age of Heroes VR Released Jul 21, 2017, 12:34 Tipsy McStagger

Exactly the breakdown I was looking for, thanks for that.

I did play a bunch of eve valkyrie at a friends and it made me very sick, the vertical spins, looking to see your target and sitting down really screwed with my minds balance. It actually put me off VR for a while but recently I've seen some VR games which don't need that much spining/dogfighting so I might actually take advantage of the 400$ price tag.

News Comments > Age of Heroes VR Released
1. Re: Age of Heroes VR Released Jul 21, 2017, 10:56 Tipsy McStagger

So I started looking at VIVE versus Rift these last couple days.. I remember someone commenting on why they liked one or the other.

The rift is half the price of the vive right now so it's become a no brainer maybe...

I'd like to hear some opinions on what you own and what you like about it.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2017, 10:33 Tipsy McStagger

I hate reading stories of children hurt/dead.. But that Eden Carlson story is great.

I usually skip over all those types of stories because I just can't read them.

Edit:
When I play paintball that guy with the axe is me basically, I use a pump gun and try to flank and sneak up behind guys.. the thrill of doing the close quarters combat kill is awesome.

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2017, 11:00.

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month
12. Re: Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month Jul 20, 2017, 18:19 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 17:18:
Been playing this off and on since the beta (someone here gave me a key). How's the dungeon persistence? It used to drive me nuts if I spent too long in town how the dungeon would reset and I'd have to redo a bunch of content. And of course the map was completely different from the one I'd just done. After a couple times of that I'd be overpowered.

Instances of zones reset after 10 minutes of no entry. So if you go to town and then don't go back for 10 minutes. It will reset that instance.

Usually it's not a big deal because all instances are small zones, It's only a burden when you have to go between waypoint zones looking for the next waypoint and then have to start over.. but usually you can run past everything to get to the next zone in a hurry.

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month
3. Re: Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month Jul 20, 2017, 10:47 Tipsy McStagger

They're basically redoing the entire setting...

It's going to be grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2017, 17:30 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 11:27:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 11:12:
While that T-rex study might have had the best intentions..

I feel like they couldn't actually know for sure, it's a best guess based off skeletal make up and ligament bind points. They have a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess) idea how strong those ligaments were, how strong the bones were and how dense the muscle mass could have been.
I'll take science any day http://www.wired.co.uk/article/speed-animals-run

This evidence is based off todays animals evolution. It's probably more the truth that none of it's prey could run either and he was slightly faster than him.

But did you need to write a study for that?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 19, 2017, 17:14 Tipsy McStagger

So let me get this straight...

Google Fiber CEO Gregory McCray says in an interview that him and his wife joke that his Boat is his "mistress" because he has a passion for sailing and loves it. Then he says "every man should have a mistress" and that warrants complaints to HR?

FUCK THOSE PEOPLE. Idiots like that are coming up with 56 fucking genders.

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 19, 2017, 13:00 Tipsy McStagger

"Hey Siri, 108" also calls 911.

As that popular prank online was doing.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2017, 11:12 Tipsy McStagger

While that T-rex study might have had the best intentions..

I feel like they couldn't actually know for sure, it's a best guess based off skeletal make up and ligament bind points. They have a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess) idea how strong those ligaments were, how strong the bones were and how dense the muscle mass could have been.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II Preorder Bonus
1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Preorder Bonus Jul 18, 2017, 18:24 Tipsy McStagger

Well thats different..

Pre-order and get a race for our old game...

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 18, 2017, 10:55 Tipsy McStagger

Talking about Half-Life....

Half-Life 3 confirmed!

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 17, 2017, 11:12 Tipsy McStagger

Using a laptop to game....

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2017, 02:53 Tipsy McStagger

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 15, 2017, 21:26:
So I have to deal with junkies every FUCKING day next door still.

Here is how you fix it.

Open drug centers.
Have users come in and sign their life away. Personal property, vehicles, children etc.
Give users all the drugs they want.
Let them overdose, use whatever body parts you can.
Cremate them and use the ashes for a garden.

You clean out the crap end of the gene pool, I quit paying for their drug treatment/food stamps/welfare/etc.

It's not very pretty, but it's realistic and would take care of the problem, AND deal with the 'war on drugs'.

I actually think this massive string of "tainted" fentanyl that's been going on here in Canada is someone wanting to thin the herd.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 14, 2017, 14:50 Tipsy McStagger

I'm perfectly fine for this game to take 5 years of development.

We live in a day where companies release shit unfinished product.. I love seeing well polished games on release like Witcher 3.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial
5. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Free Trial Jul 14, 2017, 12:05 Tipsy McStagger

Unlimited Multiplayer...

Well that's actually pretty sweet for those people..

1109 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo