Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1397 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Crytek CEO Change
14. Re: Crytek CEO Change Mar 1, 2018, 15:04 Tipsy McStagger

Beamer wrote on Mar 1, 2018, 11:44:
I'd see the headline here that The Hunt came out, but didn't even read the story. Had no clue Crytek did it, so I went to see what it was.

From what I gather, you and a single teammate land on an island and are seeking out a monster to kill and loot. You have to track the monster and find him. Only thing is, several other pairs are doing the same thing, and you're all fighting for the loot.

If I were back in college with a roommate always ready to play, this would be an amazing concept. As someone that mostly solos, this is not in my wheelhouse anymore. Still a fun idea. Sounds very half-baked thus far, but it's Early Access, so you should expect that, right?

You're missing some key information:
-XP is doled out at the end of the match.
-You can play without going after the boss and just exit the match with a few monster kills.
-There's bloodline XP (Global account unlocks) and Hunter XP (Individual hunter upgrades)
-There's money to upgrade/buy weapons
-If your hunter dies, he's done.. you never get him back.
-Everything in the world makes horrible noise, Water, Bottles, Dogs, Chickens, Glass on the ground, Wood floor boards, doors, birds, guns.. all are designed to give away your position to every other player.
-The main game is supposed to be track the boss down, kill the boss and escape with the GLOWING ORB THAT EVERYONE CAN SEE.. but in reality it's a bunch of people trying to kill all the other hunters.

It's really just a garbage game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Crytek CEO Change Mar 1, 2018, 11:39 Tipsy McStagger

Slick wrote on Feb 28, 2018, 23:21:
that VR climbing game released exclusively for the Oculus comes to mind... works with a controller only, for a VR climbing game! Why no HTC Vive? You can tell they were hurting for money, that they sucked the facebook dick...

Have you played it? If you did you'd understand why it works with those VR Touch Controllers. It's actually a pretty decent game with some great mechanics. It's one of the first games i show people when I show them VR.

News Comments > Deep Rock Galactic Early Access
2. Re: Deep Rock Galactic Early Access Feb 28, 2018, 23:05 Tipsy McStagger

This look fun as fuck.  

6. Re: Crytek CEO Change Feb 28, 2018, 23:05 Tipsy McStagger

Oh Crytek, all you are good at is making good looking games but thats it.

The Hunt looks pretty but my god is it a horrible grief fest of horribleness.

News Comments > BATTLETECH in April
20. Re: BATTLETECH in April Feb 28, 2018, 18:14 Tipsy McStagger

There's been mention of MWO in this thread, I'll say this.. while MWO is decently fun to play but has it's problems. They certainly modeled the mechs amazingly in that game.

I'm happy to see those models in this game, looks awesome.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 28, 2018, 11:28 Tipsy McStagger

"Morality score" makes me laugh every time.

Space wizard centered gamer.

News Comments > Morning Previews
6. Re: Morning Previews Feb 27, 2018, 16:00 Tipsy McStagger

Geralt is an awesome character, so it's hard to replace him.

I'd love to see a game based around Letho though. That would be the most logical jump.

People say Young Vesemir would be good too but I think Letho would be a whole lot cooler.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 27, 2018, 15:07 Tipsy McStagger

Depends on the weather, in clear sunny weather a driver-less vehicle performs great and I would perfectly fine in it.

Since I'm a canadian and they're just starting to flush out snow/ice with LIDAR, It's going to be a long time before I see that here.

News Comments > Fortnite Adds New Mode; Getting Jetpacks
2. Re: etc. Feb 27, 2018, 15:04 Tipsy McStagger

deqer wrote on Feb 27, 2018, 14:08:
Let me guess, you cucks are then going to remove the ability to ride rockets. If you remove that, then you do not belong in the department of game design.

Tim fly's a rocket and clears out a squad.
https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedEasyNoodleRedCoat

That's an absolutely awesome video that makes me want to play that game.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 26, 2018, 15:21 Tipsy McStagger

All phones suck.

This S9 looks shit.. I think i'll keep my S5 till Pixel 3 comes out.

News Comments > Funcom Announcement Plans
6. Re: Funcom Announcement Plans Feb 23, 2018, 14:04 Tipsy McStagger

4 characters outlined, "zone".

Day I say they're making a vermintide/left 4 dead style game.

A few years too late again!

Or maybe, EVOLVE style game? LOL.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 22, 2018, 12:58 Tipsy McStagger

ItBurn wrote on Feb 22, 2018, 12:19:
I absolutely love Hellgate. It's by far my favorite Diablo clone ever. I don't understand how someone could hate it. Perhaps it was because it was hyped too much or it was too buggy on launch.

So I never played it 4 months after release because it was a horrible horrible buggy mess. Monsters would get stuck in spots and your weapons wouldn't register hits. I remember the chat interface for online was like an after thought and the online portion was completely unplayable due to horrible servers.

How long did you play it for?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2018, 10:37 Tipsy McStagger

Personally, I see the beastie boys as one of the worst ever groups to be "Famous". They seriously sound like a bunch of street buskers who can't sing to horrible beats.

YOU GOT TO FIGHT, FOR YOUR RIGHT, TO PAAAAAARRRRTAAAY.

Shit everyone here could scream sing better.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Roadmap Rerouted
1. Re: Destiny 2 Roadmap Rerouted Feb 22, 2018, 10:34 Tipsy McStagger

Full on "beta" release, let's start adding content which should have been there from the start.

News Comments > METAL GEAR SURVIVE Released
1. Re: METAL GEAR SURVIVE Released Feb 22, 2018, 10:32 Tipsy McStagger

Avoid this one like the Plague.. it's horrible.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 21, 2018, 15:43 Tipsy McStagger

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 13:38:
Orogogus wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 13:31:
What's the math on that? The US population is about 330 million, x $2000 = $660 billion, and Wikipedia says the 2015 US budget was $3.8 trillion. And that's counting men, women and children for the population side, not households or families.

$2000 per month, so your $660 billion x 12 = 7.92 trillion a year. Obviously there would still be some people working, and some people would be children, etc. but you get the idea.

You forget that's based off current tax laws.

Automation will kill jobs, which kills taxation income. A new form of taxation would have to be addressed which would tax businesses an insane amount of money. It CAN work, but it is going to be crazy complex.

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 21, 2018, 15:40 Tipsy McStagger

I've paid for Swiftkey first then switched to Swype and I found it wasn't anywhere near as good as Swype was at getting the patterns for words correctly.

My Galaxy S3 was amazing with Swype, but what happened is The company who did the google swype for the S3 didn't get a license renew for the next releases so that's why the subsequent phones default keyboard were absolutely brutal on it. So that's when I picked up Swiftkey and then swype by the company that did S3.. Now to learn that they finally bit it kinda sucks but I'm sure someone has improved, Haven't used the default android keyboard in 4 years (i'm waiting for the S9 to see if I should finally swap out my S5)

I'll try Gboard next thanks for the suggestion.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 21, 2018, 13:33 Tipsy McStagger

I have SWYPE On my phone because it's the best way to type. It's so fluid and easy..

But the last 2 years have been abysmal in performance and it's been progressively getting worse.. No wonder.

News Comments > Path of Exile Bestiary League Next Month
8. Re: Path of Exile Bestiary League Next Month Feb 16, 2018, 13:04 Tipsy McStagger

I've gotten zero six links, never been able to do one myself. I've only been able to 5 link items. Mostly because I only have ~15 hours a week of video gaming maximum. Typical is around 9-10.

I learned to use trading websites heavily a year ago and it made the game much better. It's quick and easy.. someone will message you while you grind and you TP back to your hideout, sell the item, go back to it.

Trading for the items you want is the way to go.

1397 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo