Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1397 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2018, 15:45 Tipsy McStagger

"Vanishing Bone"

Was a pretty neat article... I'm sure it's way more in depth than that 500 words but I find it interesting how guess and check medical science is.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Mar 12, 2018, 14:31 Tipsy McStagger

Protest

Don't feed the trolls by even talking about this dumb shit.

Trollbashing

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 9, 2018, 17:49 Tipsy McStagger

Yes!!!

What kind of prison? better not be one of those country clubs...

News Comments > Valve Plans to Make Games
28. Re: Valve Plans to Make Games Mar 9, 2018, 16:15 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 15:42:
Reasonable is reviewing every game first. It's not like Steam can't afford to hire the people to do that. Or even have a legion of volunteers do it in exchange for a free copy of the game they're reviewing. Reasonable also means taking responsibility for EA titles and ensuring they're delivered in full working order or that customers get their money back. And enough with the 2 hour bullshit. A lot of games take that long to setup and just familiarize yourself with them. Something like 10 hours would be reasonable. And lastly allow people to resell their games. I have a library full of shit I'm never going to play again or never played at all from bundles and stuff. And some actual real customer service would be nice. So, sorry Gabe, but you still have a long goddamned way to go.

This is a dumb argument to make about Steam selling "Shitty titles" and not reviewing them.

They have in the past taken down scams and honestly, I'm not sure how their payment system works but I'm sure they can withhold payment for greenlight title better.

This isn't walmart and these aren't typical products that a payment was made for it to do a simple task, There's 5000 light bulb manufacturers but of course walmart only sells a few because they are trusted. This is simple because a product like this is easy and straight forward.

Videogames are not so easy and straight forward as what's fun and exciting for someone isn't the same as another. So reviewing broken/janky games internally and saying it doesn't meet code would never fly with high selling game like GOAT SIMULATOR.

What I do agree with is the time frame on refunds is very short.. but if you make it 10 hours you've just screwed a bunch of story driven triple A titles out of funds because someone could finish and then refund. Example: HellBlade Senua's Sacrifice. That game will stick with me forever but it was only 7 hours.

So it's not so cut and dry, I think they have the right idea for refunds and they should withhold payouts to Developers and give refunds to obvious scam titles. Yet, with our current technology a simple twitch/youtube tells you everything you need to know.

So, sometimes the consumer is mostly to blame for idiocy and steam shouldn't have to address that.

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released
9. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Released Mar 9, 2018, 13:52 Tipsy McStagger

Numinar wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 08:42:
Early reports say itís a prettier version of previous game, so Iíll probably get this. I quite like my quality repetitive co-op loot shooters! Just hope that GMG deal is still on tomorrow and the key is region free.

It's prettier with better mechanics. Less game breaking swing throughs.. they really improved.

24. Re: The Battle for Star Control Continues Mar 9, 2018, 13:46 Tipsy McStagger

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 13:32:
HALF Life 3.... bleh who the fuck am I kidding, we are too old for this shit. If you had a child they'd be graduating from college by now.

Half life 2 was released in 2004. So they would be 14 by now.. Halflife 1 was released in 1998 so that would be mid college.. yet we all know you don't go halflife 1 to halflife 3.. so the start would be half life 2.

13. Re: Valve Plans to Make Games Mar 9, 2018, 11:37 Tipsy McStagger

Why isn't this thread filled with HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!! ?

You guys are getting slow...

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 in October
9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 in October Mar 9, 2018, 11:36 Tipsy McStagger

Tally marks for the title..

god i hope #5 is a strike through.

News Comments > The Division 2 Revealed
18. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 15:20 Tipsy McStagger

SimplyMonk wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 14:54:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 14:34:
They only thing they need to do for this to be great is to dramatically up the variety.

This is why I think the Tom Clancy IP did them a lot more harm than good. Realistic World Looter Shooter doesn't go well in my opinion. You can only gun down so many gang bangers, rogue spec op agents and PMCs before it gets stale. They really needed to be vastly more creative with the IP than Tom Clancy's world would allow.

I can also only own so many patterns for my gun and backpack before I cease to care. Another pair of jeans and boots? One of a thousand caps? Ugh.

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 14:46:
More cleaners! My girlfriend giggles every time we encounter them. I LOVE popping the flamethrower packs they wear. Pop. BOOM! Pop. BOOM! (Suppressed bolt action rifle for the win!)

Exactly! This was their one faction that was creative and even slightly interesting.

Can have robotic dogs, assisted exo-skeleton armor soldiers, flying drones... I mean it's not that far off from the "world" state we have now.

News Comments > Project C Announced
2. Re: Project C Announced Mar 8, 2018, 11:00 Tipsy McStagger

It's an MMORPG.. guess they didn't get the memo that those are so 2000-2013..

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Mar 8, 2018, 10:51 Tipsy McStagger

The witch hunt continues...  

1. Re: Into the Black Mar 7, 2018, 18:00 Tipsy McStagger

I loved this... loved it.

It's pretty much how I feel living in Alberta in 2018.. Idiots in B.C. have no idea where their plastics/food/cars/roads/technology come from and think they can survive off nothing but the woods and their wits.

Also with our idiot PM who is elected the same time USA has their idiot president..

If canada elected this idiot Justin Trudeau without Trump, he would be on the front page of mockery on every news agency in the world. Instead we have someone stealing his negative thunder.

News Comments > Expired Cert Behind Rift Outage
1. Re: Expired Cert Behind Rift Outage Mar 7, 2018, 17:52 Tipsy McStagger

Hilarious...

I'm going to try it home today but I hear the best way to fix it is to roll back your PC clock.

Hahha

News Comments > James Harden Outs Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII?
1. Re: James Harden Outs Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII? Mar 7, 2018, 10:29 Tipsy McStagger

Video games getting dumber by the day..

IIII!!!

Hahah

News Comments > Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed
2. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 5, 2018, 17:55 Tipsy McStagger

I picked this game up brand new and played 10 hours of it.. then stopped and never touched it again because I was playing path of exile heavily.

But that's like playing path of exile for 10 levels and never touching it again.. I should give this another shot.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2018, 17:09 Tipsy McStagger

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 11:17:
Desscode is gonna bankrupt at least 600 cleavage only channels though, win for humanity.

Win for humanity? perhaps, win for me... not likely.

So what if I'm entertained by cleavage channels... Who are you to judge my entertainment choices?

1. Re: Into the Black Mar 5, 2018, 17:02 Tipsy McStagger

That Martin Shkreli article.. sometimes life does seem pretty fair..  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 5, 2018, 16:58 Tipsy McStagger

Couple comments:

A) Don't share a controlled substance
B) It's marijuana, it's like sharing a beer but the USA is filled with weird shit on this.

News Comments > Secret World Legends Patch Issues; No Limits Weekend
3. Re: Secret World Legends Patch Issues; No Limits Weekend Mar 2, 2018, 16:16 Tipsy McStagger

Can someone explain how this game works/plays? I could always youtube it but I like to hear your opinions.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 2, 2018, 15:58 Tipsy McStagger

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 11:23:
Beamer wrote on Mar 2, 2018, 11:11:
Speaking of portable screens, does anyone have experience with the Shield?

I find I want to be on the couch more than the chair, but don't feel like buying a new console. I have the SteamLink, but kind of want a second screen.

edit - the shield is just a shield tv now? Meh.

I dunno but a low-latency Shield & BFGD setup is pretty appealing to me. If the reviews for the BFGD/Shield combo are good I may just go that route, or just the BFGD alone if it's everything it's cracked up to be. Suckers gonna be expensive though, estimates are well over 2k right now.

I've been gaming on a 70" Sharp TV on a couch with an expensive sound system for 5 years now.

My Opinion is this:
-Love the display
-Love the Sound
-Hate what it's done to my lower back and because of this, I do stretching yoga these days to combat what it's done.

I'm looking for a desk that goes in front of my couch these days to combat the rounding of my lower back on the couch and to sit forward in a proper posture. The couch rounds my lower back causing problems for walking/sitting/sleeping. Whereas the desk and desktop chairs, you sit forward and better posture.

1397 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo