Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1109 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Decoherence Revealed
5. Re: Decoherence Revealed Aug 16, 2017, 17:34 Tipsy McStagger

I dropped the term Alt-Left because it's all over the mainstream media these days and makes me laugh.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Decoherence Revealed
1. Re: Decoherence Revealed Aug 16, 2017, 13:59 Tipsy McStagger

What an awful, horrible, terrible, atrocious, despicable, shameful trailer...

What I learned from this trailer is that companies will slap together teasers which literally tell you absolutely nothing except for your typical green hair looking alt-left extreme feminist type.

News Comments > BATTLETECH Delayed
1. Re: BATTLETECH Delayed Aug 14, 2017, 18:32 Tipsy McStagger

Good on them!

This is exactly what companies need to do.

News Comments > 3030 Deathwar Redux Next Month
1. Re: 3030 Deathwar Redux Next Month Aug 11, 2017, 17:55 Tipsy McStagger

Still a more complete game than star citizen it looks like.  

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Specs
4. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Specs Aug 11, 2017, 17:53 Tipsy McStagger

fishingtime wrote on Aug 11, 2017, 16:11:
i will not allow my children to be indoctrinated by this series

why? South park is the most intelligent use of low brow humor.

Most episodes have a pretty good underlining topic which they berate using all the low brow humor..

Like the Kanye West Gay Fish Episode. The whole point of the episode was to make fun of Kanye West for calling himself a genius.
So they made an episode of Jimmy writing the best joke in the world
"Do you like fish sticks? Do you like putting them in your mouth? What are you some kind of gay fish?"

And everyone thought it was hilarious joke but Kanye couldn't understand it and went mental.

What happens is when South park makes fun of these stars like this, they get this sort of constant backlash.. just ask "MATT DAMON" how often people say "MAAAATT DAAAAAAMON" to him.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch This Week
12. Re: No Man's Sky Patch This Week Aug 11, 2017, 17:47 Tipsy McStagger

PLUG,

I picked up an Oculus Rift and loaded up ELITE DANGEROUS.

Let me tell you.. it's probably the best gaming experience I've ever had. It's like VR was designed to be perfect for space flight sim.

Why does this apply to No Man's Sky No Man Should Buy? Elite is a much better game, play that instead. I goes on sale for like 15$ and horizons for 20$ too.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2017, 16:09 Tipsy McStagger

I've got a Logitech G5 that i've been using for a good 9 years now and it's still going strong and is awesome. I have 2 of them.. best mouse i've ever owned.

[url=]https://www.evertek.com/imageshare/9/300x300/910-000093-R-unit.jpg[/url]

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 9, 2017, 16:04 Tipsy McStagger

Since it's Disney.. and parents love disney... it'll succeed.

But it's a bad day for all of us to add another shit streaming service.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch Plans
16. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Plans Aug 9, 2017, 15:15 Tipsy McStagger

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 9, 2017, 11:56:
lol @ all the lemmings who fell for this hype and congrats to Sean Murray for properly fleecing the mouthbreathers, well done!

This is how I feel.. game had so much hype it was like he had a billboard advertising it's failure about his head.

News Comments > Archangel Released
3. Re: Archangel Released Aug 4, 2017, 13:41 Tipsy McStagger

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 07:45:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 3, 2017, 21:10:
So my last post about my new rift not being up to performance. Turns out my fans on my GeForce 980 ti stopped working. Other than that, I might check this game out if reviews are good

Reviews of it are...meh. Apparently the story and characters aren't remotely engaging, and only the super-pretty on-rails shooter part is any good.

BOTH fans stopped working? Sounds more like the fan controller or the temperature sensor stopped working...but if it was the temp sensor, the card likely would have burned itself up instead of running slow.

Going through EVGA RMA Process now for it, it's a pretty easy RMA process, shipping time is the problem now.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 4, 2017, 12:03 Tipsy McStagger

That teenage monster is going to have to change her name, move and cut ties after all.

This wasn't "Well maybe you should kill yourself" but actually pressuring this guy to do it. It's actually quite a horrible case.

News Comments > Archangel Released
1. Re: Archangel Released Aug 3, 2017, 21:10 Tipsy McStagger

So my last post about my new rift not being up to performance. Turns out my fans on my GeForce 980 ti stopped working. Other than that, I might check this game out if reviews are good  

News Comments > Secret World Legends Launches
9. Re: Secret World Legends Launches Aug 1, 2017, 18:17 Tipsy McStagger

Lorcin wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 16:53:
aged about as well as Lindsey Lohan

The difference is.. I'd probably spend money on Lindsey Lohan to try and get some action. This game, not a chance.

News Comments > AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed
30. Re: AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed Aug 1, 2017, 14:52 Tipsy McStagger

Drayth wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 20:17:
Also, you may want to wait and see if NV lowers their prices as a punch to the gut now that these cards are on their way.

I actually bought my GeForce 980Ti right before they announced their 10x series.. I was quite choked when it happened.

Anyone have any idea when the next gen of GeForce comes out?

17. Re: AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed Jul 31, 2017, 17:18 Tipsy McStagger

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 16:10:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 14:49:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 11:51:
Wonder how these will perform..

I just picked up a rift, and I'm loving it. I want to run my elite dangerous on ultra everything with lots of super sampling but my 980Ti and 4 year old i7 aren't up to par.

Looking at building a liquid cooled system for the first time ever and go high end and debating if I should wait for intels next chipset.

Does the CPU make that much difference? Looking at recent benchmarks, it looks like you only lose 15% or so running a 2500K vs a current Intel proc. Not much bang for the buck give that the 2500K was five generations ago.

Coincidentally I run Elite Dangerous on my ye olde sim PC with a i5-2500K (at 4.2GHz), 32GB RAM, a not quite so old GTX 1070 and at a triple monitor resolution (bezel corrected) of 8-thousand-something to 1440 (on 3x 2560x1440 screens) + TrackIR.

It runs like a charm all maxed out with 4x MLAA. I may drop to 40fps around/inside a VERY busy station but who cares. This is mostly a space trucking game you could safely play at 30fps. I'm getting 60+ outside stations in space and on planets.
I don't know if the Rift has any specific requirements that would bump up the min specs several notches but I'm surprised that Mr. Tipsy feels like he's in need of an upgrade as Elite Dangerous is pretty modest with its reqs.

Not fully sure, as I'm pretty new to VR. I'm running the settings on VR HIGH and I've noticed super sampling/HMD sampling really tax the system in order to get clarity on the texts. Overall I'd just like to push the VR to maximum limits of the display hardware. I'll try some VR ultra with higher anti-aliasing but I think it'll chop out a little.

4. Re: AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed Jul 31, 2017, 11:51 Tipsy McStagger

Wonder how these will perform..

I just picked up a rift, and I'm loving it. I want to run my elite dangerous on ultra everything with lots of super sampling but my 980Ti and 4 year old i7 aren't up to par.

Looking at building a liquid cooled system for the first time ever and go high end and debating if I should wait for intels next chipset.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2017, 11:49 Tipsy McStagger

The more money I make.. the more freedom I have to pickup whatever hobby or activity I want (within normal reasoning of course).

The problem is, the job to make that money becomes more stressful.. so it's not the money it's the job.

News Comments > Résumé Reveals Grand Theft Auto VI?
5. Re: Résumé Reveals Grand Theft Auto VI? Jul 27, 2017, 11:39 Tipsy McStagger

Who didn't see this coming?  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2017, 11:38 Tipsy McStagger

Retired wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 10:39:
Today is the day boys and girls! Wish me luck. Hope it goes fast, trying to sideline my expectations.

Sounds like a good buy after your last post of it being about 150K under.. You can pretty much redo the whole interior and reside the exterior and roof for 150k (as long as you aren't a sucker buying overpriced floor and tiles like 13$ tiles when you can find almost identical looking tiles for 1-2$)

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jul 25, 2017, 11:30 Tipsy McStagger

Yeah I can't take Christ Centered Gamer seriously... They believe in a book written by men as the word of god.. Religious debates aside..

EVERSPACE is a really fun game, I quite liked it a lot. Like FTL but instead of crew management it's ship management and exploration management.. Sometimes it's best not to the explore a zone.

1109 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo