Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1440 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > WBIE Hits on HITMAN
1. Re: WBIE Hits on HITMAN Apr 4, 2018, 10:49 Tipsy McStagger

Always thought these games were quite lame and riddled with bugs that made them not that great.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2018, 17:47 Tipsy McStagger

Hoop wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 17:13:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 17:04:
Beamer wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 16:08:
Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 15:38:
And I'm not getting this whole waterpark story. Why are these guys being held accountable unless they just went and did it without any approval. So there were no engineers and city inspectors that signed off and OK'd the thing? There was zero testing of it at all? Because there should have been and if there was than I don't see how they're liable.

They hid previous injuries. They actually intercepted injury reports from lifeguards and coerced them to change the reports. When one teenage lifeguard went to the cops about this, they sent lawyers to his house to stop him from speaking.

And do you think there's some waterslide specific building inspector in every county? Those guys are making sure that the structure complies with code, same as any other structure. They have no expertise or experience with waterslides, and just because something meets code and passes inspection doesn't mean the builders are free of any liability if it kills someone.

That and absolutely are they held accountable for their death trap.

This water slide was horribly engineered to start with, so the engineering company is at fault. But when the park owners knew something was wrong and continued operating it, that becomes their guilt and acceptance of the consequences.

I hope they all get put in Jail for this. I'm talking minimum 10-20 years each. This needs to be a clear message to everyone in theme parks that cutting corners is not only bad for business but bad for your freedom.

Agreed
Look at the footage no safety procedures or launching equipment at the top just a length of old rope for the "launchers" to precariously hang from while holding the Walmart kids paddling pool, I mean custom made precision sled.

Compare it to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS7m-y-nbQ4

Everything about these boats rubs me the wrong way
Here's an inside edition crap video, but I remember watching that Extreme Rides back in 2012 thinking this is insane. Their test footage shows rafts flying off before they did a "Redesign".

These guys need to pay, this was some serious engineering bullshit and some mismanagement from the park. You don't design a ride to be minimum 400 lbs without making the fucking raft 400 lbs to compensate for that first off... That's just STUPID.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2018, 17:04 Tipsy McStagger

Beamer wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 16:08:
Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 15:38:
And I'm not getting this whole waterpark story. Why are these guys being held accountable unless they just went and did it without any approval. So there were no engineers and city inspectors that signed off and OK'd the thing? There was zero testing of it at all? Because there should have been and if there was than I don't see how they're liable.

They hid previous injuries. They actually intercepted injury reports from lifeguards and coerced them to change the reports. When one teenage lifeguard went to the cops about this, they sent lawyers to his house to stop him from speaking.

And do you think there's some waterslide specific building inspector in every county? Those guys are making sure that the structure complies with code, same as any other structure. They have no expertise or experience with waterslides, and just because something meets code and passes inspection doesn't mean the builders are free of any liability if it kills someone.

That and absolutely are they held accountable for their death trap.

This water slide was horribly engineered to start with, so the engineering company is at fault. But when the park owners knew something was wrong and continued operating it, that becomes their guilt and acceptance of the consequences.

I hope they all get put in Jail for this. I'm talking minimum 10-20 years each. This needs to be a clear message to everyone in theme parks that cutting corners is not only bad for business but bad for your freedom.

News Comments > Mobile Intel i9 CPUs Announced
9. Re: Mobile Intel i9 CPUs Announced Apr 3, 2018, 15:49 Tipsy McStagger

I don't understand this post at all..

When they say "Mobile Market" do they mean laptops? do these include tablets? I'm guessing not...

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Released
12. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Released Apr 3, 2018, 11:45 Tipsy McStagger

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 03:03:
So many new versions which improve graphics. Why not invest a few hours and fix the gameplay design, specifically the progress and combat difficulty? You reach max level far too easily and since the combat in general is very simple and easy, its just a boring game and all massive content becomes useless.

Careful, you might upset the fanboys with that logical and very reasonable comment. This is my #1 beef with all bethesda games.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Released
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Released Apr 2, 2018, 23:38 Tipsy McStagger

I've already purchased this game twice and never finished it and always quit after 90 hours... No thank you bethesda.. Not this time.  

News Comments > Uwe Boll's Rampage
9. Re: Uwe Boll's Rampage Mar 31, 2018, 01:06 Tipsy McStagger

I actually liked the movie "Rampage" by Uwe...

I think Uwe is an idiot though.. even an idiot can make something entertaining every once in a while.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2018, 12:56 Tipsy McStagger

Those UFO sighting...

Astronauts have seen things they can't explain and even recorded some out of the International space station. But that doesn't mean aliens are here, can be lots of things like some pet projects to try and build model supersonic crafts or collisions in the atmosphere.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2018, 12:40 Tipsy McStagger

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 09:26:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 14:23:
Really good dog except on leashes he wants to alpha every dog he sees. Can't break his leash protection which sucks. Got him when he was 4, a rescue.
"leash protection"? I don't understand what that is. Are you saying whenever he is on a leash he wants to go after other dogs?

Correct. If we go to an off leash dog park, he runs around and is fine with other dogs no problem. The second we put him on a leash he is growling and lunging at every dog he sees and if it's at night and there's people that "sneak" up on us (he doesn't see them coming) he will do the same to them. If he breaks out of his leash, he will try to dominate the other dog into submission.

I've tried some different tactics on it but can't seem to find one that calms him down. Now I just walk him at times where there's no other dogs or cross the street when other dogs are coming.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 28, 2018, 14:42 Tipsy McStagger

Do you talk nice about anything cutter? You seem pretty miserable all the time.

I had 142 orders in 2017, 45 in 2018 so far and 10 in 2016.

Out of those orders, we've had 3 problems where we contacted amazon CS. Refunds were promptly handled on all cases. I found their CS to be awesome. I've started pretty much buying every small object from deodorant to light bulbs from amazon.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2018, 14:23 Tipsy McStagger

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 14:11:
Blue, I'm sure there are worse groomers. Tipsy, nice looking dog.

Here's a better one

His name is Ben and weighs about 110 lbs. German shepard and rottweiler mix. Really good dog except on leashes he wants to alpha every dog he sees. Can't break his leash protection which sucks. Got him when he was 4, a rescue.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2018, 13:56 Tipsy McStagger

lol @ dodger stadium filling with shit.

Nice trim job Blue. The dog doesn't care what he looks like and you probably don't care much because it'll grow enough for no one to notice shortly so save yourself that crazy dog grooming money.

My giant dog just had a lump removed from his ear that was covering his whole ear last wednesday, required surgery to remove and they tested it for cancer. Turns out to be a benign tumor that might grow back but it's been growing for the last 4 years and he's 12 so it's all good till he's probably not for this world anymore:
Pictured here in all his glory

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1
16. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1 Mar 28, 2018, 13:19 Tipsy McStagger

On other forums people calling this another Richard Garriot money pump. I've avoided reading about this game because of my Ultima Online nostalgia itch.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Mar 28, 2018, 13:17 Tipsy McStagger

Sounds like they're doing the right thing. Companies that branch too hard fail.

Focus on one task that looks profitable and you'll do better.

News Comments > BATTLETECH on April 24th
10. Re: BATTLETECH on April 24th Mar 27, 2018, 12:42 Tipsy McStagger

Orogogus wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 12:22:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 12:03:
In a universe where the factories were bombed and people forgot how to store technology information.

It's always sort of bugged me the setting of why mechs are handed down and why there's only limited designs.

Eh, that part of the background was written in 1984, when that kind of data loss would have been a lot more believable.

What I always found to be more of a stretch was that given the resources of entire planets at their disposal, and with working models on hand -- with working factories, in fact -- humanity couldn't recreate the technology. Like, once they knew fusion engines were possible, you'd think it would have been a matter of years to recreate the tech from scratch.

That what I was alluding to as well. It's pretty stupid overall. But it's a fantasy universe so whatever.

I'm looking forward to this game.

News Comments > BATTLETECH on April 24th
6. Re: BATTLETECH on April 24th Mar 27, 2018, 12:03 Tipsy McStagger

In a universe where the factories were bombed and people forgot how to store technology information.

It's always sort of bugged me the setting of why mechs are handed down and why there's only limited designs.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 26, 2018, 10:46 Tipsy McStagger

These are amazing and any company could copy these ideas and do well for commercials.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Reviews
1. Re: Far Cry 5 Reviews Mar 26, 2018, 10:34 Tipsy McStagger

I haven't played any far cry games since 2 with their horrible respawning bases at every road junction.

Probably won't play this one but I'll watch some reviews to see if it catches my interest.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Quitters to be Punished
6. Re: Destiny 2 Quitters to be Punished Mar 23, 2018, 12:44 Tipsy McStagger

Nullity wrote on Mar 23, 2018, 12:35:
I quit D2 right after the first DLC due to Bungie's constant dumb/illogical decisions, lack of communication, and unforgivably glacial update/patch speed.

Come at me bro.

I honestly don't understand how that company can be that retarded.

Destiny 1 had horrible content and release up until the Taken King.. which is right after I quit. I talked to guys at work where they only played after Taken King and the amount of things they put it was great.

Then D2, which is basically the exact same game engine and really the same characters with different supers and decided to not put in any of that content.

News Comments > EA and AI, E-I-E-I-O
16. Re: EA and AI, E-I-E-I-O Mar 23, 2018, 10:31 Tipsy McStagger

Died laughing at the AI doing circles of each other..

hahah

1440 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo