Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1111 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
17. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 30, 2017, 14:50 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 17:53:
You've clearly never delivered pizza before or worked in service industry. Most people are fickle and cheap and tip next to nothing.

And I've always worked fine dining so I deal with people for which money isn't an issue and they like people to know that. The fact that think that makes be believe you're one of those cheap assholes.

LOL!!! Thanks for proving yourself an idiot again and completely invalidating your first point in the same paragraph!

Pizza delivery is not fine dining moron. You are one stupid canadian, what part of Canada do you live in? Hippy BC or Idiot protester Montreal?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Announced
3. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Announced Aug 30, 2017, 11:56 Tipsy McStagger

the problem was the game breaking bugs at hardest difficulty level. Things like swinging through rats when every hit counts is a real game breaker.  

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 29, 2017, 16:23 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 13:43:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 13:40:
Yeah, we'll get a purpose built vehicle for this within 10 years. Probably closer to scooter sized than car sized. Also, fully electric, I imagine.

It doesn't matter what they build. It's not cost-effective or convenient. Most people will gladly pay the couple of bucks to have someone bring it to the door then make the effort of going out to get it themselves. If you're already throwing shoes and clothes on to do so than you may as well just pick it up or make pizza at home.

You've clearly never delivered pizza before or worked in service industry. Most people are fickle and cheap and tip next to nothing.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
15. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 13:18 Tipsy McStagger

Another game I might never get to...

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 29, 2017, 11:37 Tipsy McStagger

Here's the beginning steps... Interesting time we live in, can't wait to see how this takes off.

I, for one, welcome our automated driving overlords! May they bring death upon their enemies!

News Comments > Starway Fleet Launches
1. Re: Starway Fleet Launches Aug 29, 2017, 11:33 Tipsy McStagger

This is close... but not a freespace..  

News Comments > Game of Thrones Game Rumor
6. Re: Game of Thrones Game Rumor Aug 28, 2017, 15:55 Tipsy McStagger

Tons of people love skyrim, and I can see why.

Even with all the mods, with all the changes.. the combat system is skyrim is the weakest point of the game and also the main part of the game.

News Comments > X4: Foundations Announced
19. Re: X4: Foundations Announced Aug 28, 2017, 15:45 Tipsy McStagger

The point form explanations of this launch tells me they really heard the flak they got off X: Rebirth.

The one that really interests me is that teleportation, that could be a lot of fun, command a whole fleet to attack X and then teleport to your capital ship to fight it or pick a small fighter for more fun.

News Comments > X4 Details Today
21. Re: X4 Details Today Aug 26, 2017, 21:54 Tipsy McStagger

They totally forgot what made Albion Prelude their best game.

Ability to set up whole galactic trading NPC company, ability to build stations, ability to hijack other ships with launched marines, stock market plundering, As well as many many other things...

X: rebirth was horribly bad.. The Albion Skunk was a shitty idea but they had some good ideas for "highways" but that's about it.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
31. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 25, 2017, 16:49 Tipsy McStagger

Citizen P wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 13:28:
I think Valve's opinion on HL has been stated a few times, in as much if the technology allows them to bring about a new experience they would release the game. As I recall the "technology" in HL1 was access to environment audio (Creative Labs EAX, I believe it was?) and some video card features that didn't exist before, and HL2 was released on their new Source engine and include physics gameplay. HL3? Probably existed to a point with 3D - and was decided that wasn't the right path. I'm okay with an unfinished story, at this point it's been so long.

HTC Vive 2, better roomscale technology and a form of movement that doesn't make people horribly sick will mean HL3 confirmed!

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
14. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 25, 2017, 12:34 Tipsy McStagger

The problem with more half-life is it'll never live up to the expectations and hype.

And they don't need the money so why bother shooting yourself in the foot?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: fishing Aug 24, 2017, 11:04 Tipsy McStagger

Creston wrote on Aug 24, 2017, 10:38:
FUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKIIIINNN' HEEEELLLLLLL. hehe.

You know, the guy in the speedboat is an asshole because he's going way too fast for those tight spaces, but at least he ditched his boat rather than just going straight over the kayak.

When I was younger, we used to race cars down this stretch of road that ended in a dead end. First thing we would do is drive the road normally and then go back to the start to make sure no ones on it.

Looks like these fucking idiots were too stupid to do that when you're trying to get your thrills down a narrow shallow river.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 24, 2017, 10:56 Tipsy McStagger

Didn't read the article but it's plain to see that automation will replace jobs easily in the next 20 years. This is an inevitable step.

Likely followed by Universal income for people.

Self driving cars will replace transportation jobs first, McDonalds is already replacing people with order machines. Just a matter of time now.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 23, 2017, 17:13 Tipsy McStagger

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 16:59:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 10:56:
Smart but too greedy, he should have included someone else on the scam to cash in.. wouldn't have been caught.

Pretty much. Get a very good friend to be the "winner", and it would never have been an issue. You both walk away loaded. I'm not condoning his actions, just flabbergasted that he clearly would have succeeded if he'd just taken one rather obvious step.

He also could have done this multiple times before quitting his job.

Shame he was too greedy. I kind of like seeing the smart thief get away sometimes.

News Comments > Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates
12. Re: Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates Aug 23, 2017, 15:00 Tipsy McStagger

theglaze wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 12:45:
Be careful what you ask for!

Some friends and I tried the latest Aliens: Isolation VR mod for the Rift... it gave all of us motion sickness to the point where none of us wanted to play it again!

Yes, the immersion was intense and the games atmosphere was engrossing, giving it a certain thrill and excitement.

However, the movement from the first person POV was a tough pill to swallow. Perhaps a third person POV would be easier to tolerate... but the speed of Doom makes it a barf fest Puke

I find third person to be more of a puke fest. Playing VR Elite Dangerous can get a little gross every once in while with the spins and looks but your mind starts getting used to it as you use it more.

My first time playing Eve Valkyrie I thought I was going to vomit everywhere and it put me off VR for a little.

News Comments > Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates
9. Re: Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates Aug 23, 2017, 13:26 Tipsy McStagger

The worst part of Skyrim is their shitty combat system.

I expect this to be follow historical evidence that it'll be shitty as well.

I can see their weekly meeting now
"It's Skyrim! It doesn't have to be great combat system, just let the nerds mod it and they'll be happy! *lights cigar with 100$ bill"

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 23, 2017, 10:56 Tipsy McStagger

Smart but too greedy, he should have included someone else on the scam to cash in.. wouldn't have been caught.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 22, 2017, 17:58 Tipsy McStagger

Such a bad way of going...  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Aug 22, 2017, 14:50 Tipsy McStagger

I've been actively scanning the internet for gaming/news/etc since 1996 and I don't ever remember seeing Shacknews.

No one i talked to in Counter-Strike/Quake years/Unreal years/Everquest/Ultima Online/Shadowbane era ever talked about that site either.

I actually find it pretty strange if it's some sort of old relic of internet gaming news that I've never seen it.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 22, 2017, 11:21 Tipsy McStagger

wtf is shacknews?

1111 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo