Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tipsy McStagger

Real Name Tipsy McStagger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 4, 2013, 15:48
Total Comments 1393 (Pro)
User ID 57660

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2018, 12:56 Tipsy McStagger

Those UFO sighting...

Astronauts have seen things they can't explain and even recorded some out of the International space station. But that doesn't mean aliens are here, can be lots of things like some pet projects to try and build model supersonic crafts or collisions in the atmosphere.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2018, 12:40 Tipsy McStagger

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 09:26:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 14:23:
Really good dog except on leashes he wants to alpha every dog he sees. Can't break his leash protection which sucks. Got him when he was 4, a rescue.
"leash protection"? I don't understand what that is. Are you saying whenever he is on a leash he wants to go after other dogs?

Correct. If we go to an off leash dog park, he runs around and is fine with other dogs no problem. The second we put him on a leash he is growling and lunging at every dog he sees and if it's at night and there's people that "sneak" up on us (he doesn't see them coming) he will do the same to them. If he breaks out of his leash, he will try to dominate the other dog into submission.

I've tried some different tactics on it but can't seem to find one that calms him down. Now I just walk him at times where there's no other dogs or cross the street when other dogs are coming.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 28, 2018, 14:42 Tipsy McStagger

Do you talk nice about anything cutter? You seem pretty miserable all the time.

I had 142 orders in 2017, 45 in 2018 so far and 10 in 2016.

Out of those orders, we've had 3 problems where we contacted amazon CS. Refunds were promptly handled on all cases. I found their CS to be awesome. I've started pretty much buying every small object from deodorant to light bulbs from amazon.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2018, 14:23 Tipsy McStagger

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 14:11:
Blue, I'm sure there are worse groomers. Tipsy, nice looking dog.

Here's a better one

His name is Ben and weighs about 110 lbs. German shepard and rottweiler mix. Really good dog except on leashes he wants to alpha every dog he sees. Can't break his leash protection which sucks. Got him when he was 4, a rescue.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2018, 13:56 Tipsy McStagger

lol @ dodger stadium filling with shit.

Nice trim job Blue. The dog doesn't care what he looks like and you probably don't care much because it'll grow enough for no one to notice shortly so save yourself that crazy dog grooming money.

My giant dog just had a lump removed from his ear that was covering his whole ear last wednesday, required surgery to remove and they tested it for cancer. Turns out to be a benign tumor that might grow back but it's been growing for the last 4 years and he's 12 so it's all good till he's probably not for this world anymore:
Pictured here in all his glory

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1
16. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1 Mar 28, 2018, 13:19 Tipsy McStagger

On other forums people calling this another Richard Garriot money pump. I've avoided reading about this game because of my Ultima Online nostalgia itch.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Mar 28, 2018, 13:17 Tipsy McStagger

Sounds like they're doing the right thing. Companies that branch too hard fail.

Focus on one task that looks profitable and you'll do better.

News Comments > BATTLETECH on April 24th
10. Re: BATTLETECH on April 24th Mar 27, 2018, 12:42 Tipsy McStagger

Orogogus wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 12:22:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 12:03:
In a universe where the factories were bombed and people forgot how to store technology information.

It's always sort of bugged me the setting of why mechs are handed down and why there's only limited designs.

Eh, that part of the background was written in 1984, when that kind of data loss would have been a lot more believable.

What I always found to be more of a stretch was that given the resources of entire planets at their disposal, and with working models on hand -- with working factories, in fact -- humanity couldn't recreate the technology. Like, once they knew fusion engines were possible, you'd think it would have been a matter of years to recreate the tech from scratch.

That what I was alluding to as well. It's pretty stupid overall. But it's a fantasy universe so whatever.

I'm looking forward to this game.

News Comments > BATTLETECH on April 24th
6. Re: BATTLETECH on April 24th Mar 27, 2018, 12:03 Tipsy McStagger

In a universe where the factories were bombed and people forgot how to store technology information.

It's always sort of bugged me the setting of why mechs are handed down and why there's only limited designs.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 26, 2018, 10:46 Tipsy McStagger

These are amazing and any company could copy these ideas and do well for commercials.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Reviews
1. Re: Far Cry 5 Reviews Mar 26, 2018, 10:34 Tipsy McStagger

I haven't played any far cry games since 2 with their horrible respawning bases at every road junction.

Probably won't play this one but I'll watch some reviews to see if it catches my interest.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Quitters to be Punished
6. Re: Destiny 2 Quitters to be Punished Mar 23, 2018, 12:44 Tipsy McStagger

Nullity wrote on Mar 23, 2018, 12:35:
I quit D2 right after the first DLC due to Bungie's constant dumb/illogical decisions, lack of communication, and unforgivably glacial update/patch speed.

Come at me bro.

I honestly don't understand how that company can be that retarded.

Destiny 1 had horrible content and release up until the Taken King.. which is right after I quit. I talked to guys at work where they only played after Taken King and the amount of things they put it was great.

Then D2, which is basically the exact same game engine and really the same characters with different supers and decided to not put in any of that content.

News Comments > EA and AI, E-I-E-I-O
16. Re: EA and AI, E-I-E-I-O Mar 23, 2018, 10:31 Tipsy McStagger

Died laughing at the AI doing circles of each other..

hahah

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 22, 2018, 17:56 Tipsy McStagger

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 17:38:
Here's my observation:

- She probably expected the oncoming vehicle to slow down as she crossed the street, otherwise, who would cross like that knowing a car is coming? Wouldn't a typical pedestrian wait for the car to pass? I mean, it wasn't that far away and it had its lights on.

- The Uber safety driver doesn't have a chance to do anything because the car didn't detect the pedestrian in time. Don't these cars come with night vision?

You don't drive very much do you?

Near my work we have a crosswalk button to our cities Light Rail Transit system. I would say easily, 50% of people do not look before walking into the road after pushing the crosswalk button. Which is incredibly stupid because it's usually icy roads around that area. The speed limit is 50 km/hr and I drive ~30 on that section because of this. It's mind boggling how stupid people are.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 22, 2018, 17:01 Tipsy McStagger

At the end of the day:
That person is completely at fault.

It just happens that a self driving car was there, and sure the more-than-human sensors should have saved the idiot.

This was bound to happen, you guys ever deal with workplace safety? Ever look at Occupational health and safety stuff? That entire profession is written in the blood of preventable accidents. Seomtimes, things don't get solved without blood and unfortunately this will be the next catalyst in self-driving.

Something tells me this is going to do with that some system that has that same thing as your adaptive cruise control slamming into the back of a fire truck.

7. Re: No Chicken Dinner for Uber Mar 22, 2018, 15:22 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 10:54:
This accident was wholly avoidable, back to the drawing board.

Yes, don't cross the road in black in pitch black without looking.

Every person here would have plowed into that person or swerved to avoid and ended up in a bad accident.

The best part about this death is that it happened in the infantile stages of self-driving cars and because of that it'll make sure something like this gets "solved" for future. The human eye is pretty shitty in low light but we have technologies that could see this person.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2018, 15:23 Tipsy McStagger

jdreyer wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 15:18:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 13:37:
I mean, if you're going to do something stupid like this.. WOULDN'T YOU PREPARE? Like buy an EPIPEN?

Hell no! Those things are like $400 each! Peoples just gonna hafta die.

They are ~90$ in Canada. Americans getting screwed again!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2018, 15:10 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 14:03:
You'd think they would have an epipen on site.
Anybody can have an allergic reaction (to almost anything). At any age. And can have one for the first even if they never had one previously?
Whether it dish soap, peanuts, shell fish, pineapple or bee stings.

I had an amoxicillin iv in the 90's and broke out in a rash. The doctors said I should report that I am allergic to penicillin, even though it might have been the delivery base. So I do. Why risk it.

Something I found out recently, last summer, was that Epipens only help for around 15 minutes maximum and you'd need to do another one. Found this out when a woman who was allergic to bees was camping ~1 hour away from the nearest ambulance service, had an epipen and she was stung but ambulance couldn't arrive in time.

Had she and her boyfriend and friends known this, they would have brought more Pens..... sad story overall

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2018, 13:37 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 12:15:
Bee therapy? Way to go Gwyneth, that's another person your stupidity has killed.
Wall

If you haven't been stung in ages or ever been stung by a bee.. wouldn't you worry you might have developed an allergy to it?

I got stung for the first time in ~16 years last summer and told the people I was with that I was stung and if I start having visible problems to call an ambulance right away.

I mean, if you're going to do something stupid like this.. WOULDN'T YOU PREPARE? Like buy an EPIPEN?

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 21, 2018, 11:03 Tipsy McStagger

I don't even want to click on that clickbait taint article..

But your comment made me LOL.

1393 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo